Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

The front runners were robbed!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't it amazin' how someone will take the truth and distort it 180 degrees to advance their own agenda. I thought only politians did that.

The TRUTH is the front runners and their sponsors got a free ride on Danica's back last Saturday afternoon. The numbers are coming in. That was by far THE MOST WATCHED race in all of nationwide/busch history, exceeding the previous high set in 2008, by over 44 percent.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ain't it amazin' how someone will take the truth and distort it 180 degrees to advance their own agenda. I thought only politians did that.

The TRUTH is the front runners and their sponsors got a free ride on Danica's back last Saturday afternoon. The numbers are coming in. That was by far THE MOST WATCHED race in all of nationwide/busch history, exceeding the previous high set in 2008, by over 44 percent.

Enough with the facts, you are ruining it for everybody :lol:

Allow me to chime in on Danica mania. I think we can all agree that NASCAR was reeling in attendance and TV ratings.When Patrick first started in IRL there was not a huge media event at first.But as she started posting consistant top 10's the attention grew.Sure there are only 20 cars but she is consistanly beating 10-15 other drivers.Then came Indy.Face it , right or wrong she and no one else generated interest in IRL. The other drivers resisted at first then realized hey we better take advantage of the extra attention here.IRL has benefited ever since.True NASCAR did not get no where near the desperation IRL was in but they certainly needed a boost .Enter Danica Patrick.Name me another driver that can boost interest and get back the veiwers NASCAR lost the last two seasons. Now is NASCAR using her? You bet they are. But she has nothing to lose really.If she doesn't make it she can join the defending IRL Champion who couldn't do it among others.One thing I was impressed with is she studied videos and applied what she learned in race situations. She was not comfortable with bump drafting at Daytona so instead of screwing up 5-10 other drivers by making a mistake(which some other drivers chose to screw up) she dropped back.She did more things right than she did wrong which a ton of other drivers with more stock car experience can't say in their early efforts. She might not make it but the other drivers better grab the attention she brings to NASCAR and give the fans something to watch or when she goes back to the IRL watch the ratings drop.

Allow me to chime in on Danica mania. I think we can all agree that NASCAR was reeling in attendance and TV ratings.When Patrick first started in IRL there was not a huge media event at first.But as she started posting consistant top 10's the attention grew.Sure there are only 20 cars but she is consistanly beating 10-15 other drivers.Then came Indy.Face it , right or wrong she and no one else generated interest in IRL. The other drivers resisted at first then realized hey we better take advantage of the extra attention here.IRL has benefited ever since.True NASCAR did not get no where near the desperation IRL was in but they certainly needed a boost .Enter Danica Patrick.Name me another driver that can boost interest and get back the veiwers NASCAR lost the last two seasons. Now is NASCAR using her? You bet they are. But she has nothing to lose really.If she doesn't make it she can join the defending IRL Champion who couldn't do it among others.One thing I was impressed with is she studied videos and applied what she learned in race situations. She was not comfortable with bump drafting at Daytona so instead of screwing up 5-10 other drivers by making a mistake(which some other drivers chose to screw up) she dropped back.She did more things right than she did wrong which a ton of other drivers with more stock car experience can't say in their early efforts. She might not make it but the other drivers better grab the attention she brings to NASCAR and give the fans something to watch or when she goes back to the IRL watch the ratings drop.

Well Put. She brings attention to the series but in the end she is just another driver. And so far she has done more right than wrong. And its in everyones best interest that she succeed. As a competitor she wants to have success because she knows that there are people that think she cant. As a business person she wants to succeed because it makes her even more marketable and puts more money in her pocket in the long run. With some success the attention she brings to the series becomes more long term bringing interest from fans and sponsors, which is good for Nascar and the other drivers. Success wont come easy even in good equipment as what she needs most is seat time. I do respect her approach and attitude in the whole deal, at least to this point. Nascar is going to use any prospect that brings money to the table in the form of viewers and possible sponsor dollars. She can use Nascar to get exposure that she couldnt get in IRL and broaden her career as a driver. I believe she can have some success but it may take awhile because what she is trying to succeed at isnt easy. Everyone here can agree with that

ok, i've stayed away from this subject and kept my .2$-worth out, but i do wanna make an observation here:

seems to me that danica/nascar are getting exactly what they wanted-the whole racin' world (and a few folks that wouldn't know a race track from a hoola-hoop) talkin' about her and tuning in to see what happens...

their money is made. they are happy.

hitech? think you could finaggle me up an "anti-danica" button for my tv remote? we could make millions on that little gizmo!

:lol:

hitech? think you could finaggle me up an "anti-danica" button for my tv remote? we could make millions on that little gizmo!

heck i didnt even think aboult that one ..good thinking ..my son was laughing at me when i was trying to find the mute botton ..... had to slowly turn the volume down ... even when i knew dw was going to say bogity what ever it is .and reach up and tighten those belts one more time ..and lets go racen boys ... so i need to work on those aswell ...seeing that nick has that lighter than air chassis ..he may be able to help get us started on that ..

The money to be made is what happens in the future, whether it be Danica, the changes they have made to the rules to try and please fans, etc. The future of Nascar isnt in Danica's hands, she just brings a twist to the sport so to speak. She didnt bring the circus with her, the media did that on their own. But it is to be expected I guess. Lets just let her on track actions speak for themselves. She got off to a decent start but could still fail miserably. It may not matter how much talent she has as a driver overall, the circumstances of where she is at and what she is trying to do., , may be decided by good or bad breaks. She needs a ton of seat time to really succeed and I am not sure that is what will happen for her this year alone. Time will tell and there will be plenty of talk whether the results are good or bad. I personally wish her well as many do, but she has her hands full in trying to prove her worth as a driver

Politicly speaking.It don't matter how many people watch if the cameras are not aimed your way when you earn it.

heck i didnt even think aboult that one ..good thinking ..my son was laughing at me when i was trying to find the mute botton ..... had to slowly turn the volume down ... even when i knew dw was going to say bogity what ever it is .and reach up and tighten those belts one more time ..and lets go racen boys ... so i need to work on those aswell ...seeing that nick has that lighter than air chassis ..he may be able to help get us started on that ..

ooooOOOOHHHHH, niiiiiicckkkk....hitech needs to speak with youuuuuuu..... :ph34r::lol:

From what I read, Danica really didn't do too well during the Fontana race. Back of the pack in practice, 36th in qualifying, three laps down in 31st at the end.

Unfortunately for Danica, most of the season is run on tracks quite similar to Fontana - the meat and potatoes tracks that we all have come to love for their ability to give us a four-hour nap. Daytona is the exception, not the rule, and if she has trouble with the 1.5-mile tracks, she's really going to have trouble on shorter, more demanding tracks.

On the other hand, maybe she's already figured out what went wrong and we'll see her up near the front next time out.

Nick

Hmmm..

footinmouth.jpg

I just hate the old saying. I told you so. Now lets see more of what she does have a talent for. Bikini pictures. :) And now who thinks the ratings will once again be dropping for NASCAR?

From ESPN:

FONTANA, Calif. -- One step forward, two steps back. And this step down was a doozy.

Danica Patrick wasn't good in her second NASCAR race. Not even close.

You can't sugarcoat it. This was awful.

She finished 31st, three laps down. Patrick was ahead of only six cars still running at the end of the Stater Bros. 300.

And she didn't like it one little bit. Patrick stormed off pit road when it was over, refusing to talk to TV reporters. She walked bristly to a golf cart in a parking lot, hoping for a quick exit, but got up and went straight inside her hauler to avoid talking.

A typically large contingent of reporters waited and waited for her to come out. Brad Parrott, crew chief for the No. 66 car hauler next to her, just shook his head.

Parrott looked at the No. 7 crew guys and said, "Would you guys get her out here so we can get all these people out of here?"

After about a 20-minute wait, Patrick came out and spoke about her day, explaining her anger.

"I'm used to running up front, so it's shocking when you're that far back," Patrick said. "But this is a whole new ball of wax for me and it's all different. The expectation to stay on the lead lap was probably not realistic. I'm going to have to disconnect from the results because it's probably not going to be what I'm used to.

"And it's a little overwhelming when people want to talk to you right as you get out of the car. Everybody needs a couple of minutes to cool down."

A frustrated Danica Patrick meets the press after finishing 31st Saturday night in the Stater Bros. 300.

If you don't know it by now, Patrick is a fiery little lady. She gets mad when things don't go her way, and few things went her way Saturday

From what I read, Danica really didn't do too well during the Fontana race. Back of the pack in practice, 36th in qualifying, three laps down in 31st at the end.

Unfortunately for Danica, most of the season is run on tracks quite similar to Fontana - the meat and potatoes tracks that we all have come to love for their ability to give us a four-hour nap. Daytona is the exception, not the rule, and if she has trouble with the 1.5-mile tracks, she's really going to have trouble on shorter, more demanding tracks.

On the other hand, maybe she's already figured out what went wrong and we'll see her up near the front next time out.

Nick

Nick on that last statement I think you been smoking funny weed!! :o

The article I read said all the press were stationed around her trailer after the race waiting for her to come out and give her take on the race. Meanwhile, Kyle B gave a press conference to a virtually empty press room.

So..........tell me again who won this one???.....

I guess now that Danica has declared a cooling off period before media should talk to a driver, Nascar will instate the press will be given a 5 minute limit before asking someone after the race "how do you feel?"rule. :lol:

Archived