Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come one Mike, she did a good job considering everything she was facing. What is "real racing" ?

Wrecks all over the place that you didnt cause? The broadcast of the race did touch on her quite a bit but nothing like it was in the ARCA race. They played plenty of views of the wreck and the cause, you would have had to watch to see it all. Real Racin? The wrecks were started or caused by men dude. I didnt see any sign of a person ready to cry. I saw a determined individual that wants to do better. I take her against you in grocery cart racing any day of the week :P

ok ill go for that ... one way to get on tv ...where she goes they go ...either way i would win ....lol ...... i didnt get to see everything .but i did read the ticker typ thingy .and all it mentioned was them trying toget her car out ..nothing aboult the other teams ..see what i mean.. they wanted her fans to know that ..i wanted to know who else was trying to get back out .... .. the reall racen part is .she is in a real racecar ..you have to drive .it dont have traction control those sort of things ....

I would take that bet anyday Champ. 2 Equal cars and no problem. But we will never know. She ran back with the slow cars and then couldnt turn the wheel to avoid the wreck. I've seen many replays of the wreck and she never tries to avoid it. She drove straight into that car. Like she paniced and didnt know what to do.

All that was proved to me was that I was right and now NASCAR can stick their foot into their mouth. She's scared and thats the bottom line. Go back to IRL.

All that was proved to me was that I was right and now NASCAR can stick their foot into their mouth. She's scared and thats the bottom line. Go back to IRL.

Hardly the bottom line dude. Did you see the in car camera of that wreck? You couldn't see squat. She followed her spotters directions, which was about all she had. She has to have a chance to learn the way these cars move while racing, drafting and wrecking. Danica isn't scared, she probably got a little jumpy after her first daytona wreck...but so would you. What the hell does she have to be scared of anyway? She's surrounded by roll cage, saftey harnesses and padding; hardly the case in any open wheel racecar like IRL. I bet 90% of the drivers on here would have become fairly stiff armed going into a situation like that, given the pressure being put on them to perform.

I couldn't be the only one that noticed the over coverage her car got during that wreck. I don't even think they talked about what caused the darn wreck. Nascar loves this chick. I think they want her in those lower ranks, not because of her skill, but to bring more $$ to yet another division of the nascar series. Get used to her fellas, at least for a little while.

I'll say it again (as its already been said 1000 times), if we pass judgement based upon her first several performances, then we should do it with other drivers. If that were the case, JR should be the first to get the boot (along with waltrip, who is completely worthless). I'd rather see 3 more danica style women in nascar (with their go daddy commercials) than another dipstick like JR or his former protege pimple face keselowski.

There's a five-car battle for the lead.......but here's Danica, back in 35th place about to go a lap down

Ummmm....for all you that say they support our local racers......How many did Robert or James get mentioned or shown? Y'all should be more pissed about that instead of hugging her highnesses apron strings.......How sad!!!

My take, for what it's worth......you get what you pay for :lol:

Missed the first crash.....OK....in her interview/in-car she stated they(crashing cars) slid down the track......But in reality they went back up to the wall until after she got passed them.

Second crash.....drove straight into it.....heard someone one say she couldn't go left because of cars under her.....Replay clearly shows no one between her and the grass.

Personally I think she just closed her eyes both times and held the wheel straight.....Once she got lucky, the second time crashed. 50/50 odds can be deadly/disasterous at Daytona and 'Dega

Mike is right, all the B/S scroll updates on her, but no one else.......Brian France must sucking those........too

All this anguish over Nascar and Danica is easily avoided. Just change the channel.

I hear there's going to be some really top-notch figure skating on later this afternoon.

dang budman your mean ...watching the pre race .and low and behold .someone not even in the race today was brought up ..dw just had to add his baby in there .....this girl has nothing to do with todays race ... no but not one word aboult anyone else not racen today .........lol .........

I didnt see anything about them trying to get her car back out, the car was junk after that wreck.
MAYBE THE TEARS IN YOUR EYES BLOCKED THAT OFF ...JK

it showed up scrolling across the lower screen .......but i aint telling no story here ..it was there ...

We shouldnt have to turn the channel. We want to see the races at Daytona. We dont care to see the races at Datonica.

And I agree that there are a lot of drivers that dont deserve to be there or just arent up to snuff ( so to speak ). But they dont get the hype she does do they. They shouldnt be pumping up anyone that has not proved ANYTHING yet. And you said it yourself. Which is what I have been saying all along. " I think they want her in those lower ranks, not because of her skill, but to bring more $$ to yet another division of the nascar series "

Stop the hype, let her drive and prove herself. Until then shes just another driver with lots of money and no talent for stock cars. I dont want her to fail because of anything to do with herself. Well I do hate her bad attitude and she is a snobby [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/14/10]. I do want her to fail because of the way she is being shoved upon us. Kinda like making your kids eat broccoli. My.02 cents says she wont be around long even if she finishes the races this year she is set up to run already. And hopefully NASCAR and TV notices that they are trying to sell a [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/14/10] and give it up and then we can get back to racing.

Can't help but feel a little dumber after reading this thread. But, I didn't have to read it...and you don't have to watch Nascar. It's too bad those superior driving "guys" had to keep wrecking in front of Danica, but I guess a few of you missed that. Anyway, ratings for Arca and Nationwide series were through the roof. I think they will survive without you. Hope they don't have anymore girls race out at THR. Some of you guys may have an aneurysm.

LMRacer and Oldtimer. She might not stay around too long in the series and may even fail. I still like her against either of you in a car that has four wheels and a steering wheel. She kicks both of your butts on a regular basis period. No tears or fears here. Major difference in level of talent we are talking about here. Pretend all you want, Danica is at a level that neither of you have achieved. Sorry, but it is the truth. You guys are comparing apples to oranges, and basic rookies versus proven veterans in including yourselves as worthy opponents. She kicks both of your asses in everything from wheelchairs to F1 cars. Clueless is the word that comes to mind

LMRacer and Oldtimer. She might not stay around too long in the series and may even fail. I still like her against either of you in a car that has four wheels and a steering wheel. She kicks both of your butts on a regular basis period. No tears or fears here. Major difference in level of talent we are talking about here. Pretend all you want, Danica is at a level that neither of you have achieved. Sorry, but it is the truth. You guys are comparing apples to oranges, and basic rookies versus proven veterans in including yourselves as worthy opponents. She kicks both of your asses in everything from wheelchairs to F1 cars. Clueless is the word that comes to mind

Hey don't get me in this!! :o

Your too funny Champ. It takes a real adult to bring up " my dad can beat up your dad " .. This is about Danica here. And it's sad that you need to bring her down to a local level to win a race. Maybe thats where she should take all that money and help a local track make it. Hmm. Pretty good idea you have there.

Oh. I can still take her. :)

Hey don't get me in this!! :o

You would probably kick both their butts as well. :P

Your attitude is great, much like Danica's in this whole matter despite what was posted by the dummies

DUMMIES ..LOL . DONT KNOW ABOULT THAT .....KICKING BOTH OUR BUTTS ..... FUNNY I HAVENT SEEN HER LOCALY LATELY ..SO WE BOTH CANT ANSWER THAT ...LOL .....LM. RACER .20 HAVE YOU SEEN HER AT YOUR LOCAL TRACK ...

The really sad part is the guys running up front were not getting the air time they "earned".These drivers sponsor contracts are negotiated in part on the amount of air time they generate.The front runners were robbed!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE YOU GO THAT HAS BEEN SAID A FEW TIMES ..BUT DANICA FEVER HAS GOT A FEW LOCKED INTO HER SICKNESS .I MYSELF WHEN FIRST UPON HEARING SHE MAY JOIN NASCAR .TOOK MY ANTI DANICA PILL ...NOW IF I CAN JUST COME UP WITH AN ANTI HITECH PILL ..SOME OUT THERE .MAY BE MUCH HAPPIER ....

Archived