Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one race wont convence me she has what it takes ...........good car good team helped her there ....so dano .i wont be stopping at H.E.B for crow just yet ..but it is on my to buy list .just in case ..... been kinda looking for some seasoning tips......

She did ok. But with all that money and team behind you, who couldnt have a good race? Did anyone miss all the dang Danica commercials? THAT is why she is in Nascar. Not for her skill. Hell, she was racing against a ton of rookies in ARCA. Most of our local guys could race that series just fine with enough money. So she didnt prove anything to me personally. Oh. What was she thinking running into the side of Ricky's car on the finish? I think she has been watching too many old racing videos or asking Ricky Bobby for advice. She will make a lot of enemies doing stuff like that. And then she gets punted in the next race. Sweet paybacks. :)

............ and now, for all you nay-sayers on here (this should really piss you off) ............. My favorite Danica quote ----->

"GENTLEMEN,

START

YOUR..........

EXCUSES"

:lol:

From the book "DANICA .......... Crossing the line."

I can't take another round of freaking Danicamania :angry:

There were five other female drivers in that race none of them got 1/100th the press that she did......hell all five COMBINED didn't get a quarter the attention.......even the one running ahead of the faux princess didn't........I'm sorry Buddy that's B/S!!!!!!!

I can't take another round of freaking Danicamania :angry:

There were five other female drivers in that race none of them got 1/100th the press that she did......hell all five COMBINED didn't get a quarter the attention.......even the one running ahead of the faux princess didn't........I'm sorry Buddy that's B/S!!!!!!!

Dont think you watched it or listened cuz Ali got plenty and she was the only one running worth talking about besides Danica. The other ladies were never a factor they got no less or more than the other backrunners. all in all Danica did a pretty good job and did just what she said she was going to do (get seat time) drove patient then even got a little racy near the end (which cost her a top 5 finish)

I was not much of a Danica fan myself but she surprised me and drove a good race

JMO

Danica seems to be a polarizing figure and we all know that the real tallent in racing is being able to get funding. Other drivers have followed the ARCA route and done well Earnie Irving Ryan Newman Scott Speed have been the latest. If you compare her to them she maybe a little off with he team and fianical backing I would exepect that anything less than a win would be a set back but it took Tony Stewart going to cup to get him winning. Since that time he has won in the nationwide series but he was not an instant sucess NASCAR has always had polarizing figures Dale Earnhardt SR is the biggest example but he was for his on track style Danica is for her off track antics nut maybe that is what NASCAR is looking for. But the way the media is force feeding Danica to us its liable to be short lived.

I didnt realize that 6 women had made the field. Interestingly enough none of them were the cause of the wreckfest that the race ended up being. Danica handled herself well considering it was her first time in a stock car and the added pressure she dealt with. Does anyone think that the other women in the field faced the same kind of pressure she did? I seriously doubt it. She was in an almost lose lose situation. If she did well it would be because she was in great equipment amongst a bunch of ARCA rookies. If she makes a mistake and crashes out of her own doing, she cant drive and doesnt belong. I dont think there is a question of whether she can drive or not, more of what can she do with her opportunity. There are plenty of "good" race car drivers that watched the race from their couch, just like the rest of us. No offense to the other ladies that were in the race but they werent the story. Danica was. Danica 1, Naysayers 0 but it is still early in the game

Danica seems to be a polarizing figure and we all know that the real tallent in racing is being able to get funding. Other drivers have followed the ARCA route and done well Earnie Irving Ryan Newman Scott Speed have been the latest. If you compare her to them she maybe a little off with he team and fianical backing I would exepect that anything less than a win would be a set back but it took Tony Stewart going to cup to get him winning. Since that time he has won in the nationwide series but he was not an instant sucess NASCAR has always had polarizing figures Dale Earnhardt SR is the biggest example but he was for his on track style Danica is for her off track antics nut maybe that is what NASCAR is looking for. But the way the media is force feeding Danica to us its liable to be short lived.

There have been many drivers that got the funding and the opportunity but things didnt work out for whatever reason. Tell us about Danica's off track antics, I havent heard about them. If you are talking about her being female and using that to her advantage, well she had no choice in the matter.

What??? Tony won an IRL championship before NASCAR along with a lot of other championships. What do you mean that it took Cup for him to start winning? He is probably the most winningest driver ( for a career ) racing any series right now. He brought credentials to the table. All danica has done is bring a pretty face and hot body to the table. Thats what she gets $$$ for. Not for talent. All those sponsors see is a hot chick to promote thier product. And obviously they are ready to pay for it.

whatever.i'd say she has alot of talent.just looking at her website and her stats going back to 1993,the lady has done a hell of a lot in racecars.she just hasnt shown up and say look at me.yes,she's been given alot.sure some of the teams she's been with used her to get $$$ or they would of been sitting.so they both came out with what they wanted and needed,to race.but reading the results of her past,she worked and earned a hell of alot.

H/T, Apparently you were not impressed by her performance in the ARCA race. Some of us were. None of that really makes any difference. What DOES make a difference, from everything I've read on the net, is there were five people who WERE very impressed. Bob Parsons, Rick Hendrick, Kelley Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Tony Eury, Jr. :)

The announcement is already up on NASCAR.COM.

in one race she is going from a fish pond to the ocean ..watch out for sharks and sting rays .... all she showed me is she can follow directions ..stay on the yellow line ..heck a first grader can do that ..lol

Evidently Alli couldnt do it, she might have finished better had she been able to keep the car down on that yellow line.

H/T, Apparently you were not impressed by her performance in the ARCA race. Some of us were. None of that really makes any difference. What DOES make a difference, from everything I've read on the net, is there were five people who WERE very impressed. Bob Parsons, Rick Hendrick, Kelley Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Tony Eury, Jr. :)

The announcement is already up on NASCAR.COM.

YEP I WAS ALITTLE IMPRESSED .. ..AS FOR ALLI ..CHAMP ..SHE HAS MORE PRESSURE ON HER THAN DANICA ..MOST PROBABLY TRYING TO WIN OR NEEDING TO ..... LOOK DANICA IS GARRANTED A JOB ..THOSE OTHERS ARE NOT ..BIG DIFFERENCE ..... WHEN DANICA BEATS THE BEST AT THIER OWN GAME .THEN SHE WILL GET ALL MY RESPECT .THEN I WILL KNOW FOR SURE SHE IS THE REAL DEAL . NOT JUST A PURTY FACE ...

:D OK, H/T,

BUT, Consider this. This is the first morning of the first day of DATYONA 500 week. What does NASCAR have up on their website, front and center, right out of the box? A story about some rookie coming into the nationwide series. What does THAT tell ya? :)

Archived