Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

YEP I WAS ALITTLE IMPRESSED .. ..AS FOR ALLI ..CHAMP ..SHE HAS MORE PRESSURE ON HER THAN DANICA ..MOST PROBABLY TRYING TO WIN OR NEEDING TO ..... LOOK DANICA IS GARRANTED A JOB ..THOSE OTHERS ARE NOT ..BIG DIFFERENCE ..... WHEN DANICA BEATS THE BEST AT THIER OWN GAME .THEN SHE WILL GET ALL MY RESPECT .THEN I WILL KNOW FOR SURE SHE IS THE REAL DEAL . NOT JUST A PURTY FACE ...

Different kind of pressure. No one in that race had the kind of pressure Danica was facing. Everyones eyes were on her and she is expected to perform because she has made it. She has a guaranteed ride with no guaranteed success. She can gain respect without winning.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To change the subject a friend of mine saw J.C. in daytona said he was there with an ARCA car who was it and how did they do

I believe he was there with ricky carmichael and turner motorsports.

JC was working on Carmichael's car and spotting for him on the back strech

:D OK, H/T,

BUT, Consider this. This is the first morning of the first day of DATYONA 500 week. What does NASCAR have up on their website, front and center, right out of the box? A story about some rookie coming into the nationwide series. What does THAT tell ya? :)

It says the " Cash Cow has arrived " Thats about it. Of course they are going to push the hell out of her. The ARCA race was a big Danica / Go Daddy commercial. Anyone that brings that much money to the game gets the attention she is getting. Hell I would be all over thier site if I brought that kind of cash with me and guaranteed commercial spots to buy.

When she goes and beats the big boys then I will be impressed. Until then it's just another NASCAR money making scheme. And like everything else they have tried for the last few years and failed misserably, this one will probably fall apart too. It's sad that NASCAR has to ride on her coat tails like they are. Heck in IRL she just a Kyle Bush in womens clothing and most drivers cant stand her and IRL only wants to keep her for the influx of $$$..

who cares about all the nascar/arca/danica stuff!!! The rattler is coming up soon and we have racing all week at new symrna and for real racing news..............top 5 finishers dq'ed in the super lates!!!! :rolleyes:

H/T, Apparently you were not impressed by her performance in the ARCA race. Some of us were. None of that really makes any difference. What DOES make a difference, from everything I've read on the net, is there were five people who WERE very impressed. Bob Parsons, Rick Hendrick, Kelley Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Tony Eury, Jr. :)

The announcement is already up on NASCAR.COM.

Buddy,

You can add Rusty Wallace to that list of impressed people and he says Danica is ready for Nationwide. Maybe OT/HT/Mike really likes lots of crow on his plate. :lol:

I didnt realize that 6 women had made the field.

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!! :angry:

What does THAT tell ya?

That NA$CAR is so screwed up that they have to resort to "gimmicks" to get ratings/viewership back up. <_<

If I see one more GoDaddy Commercial, pic of Danica I swear I'm going postal on someone/something......I'm sick of it......The Stupid Bowl and even the damn Sunday NHL game had her splattered all over the screen.

Even my girlfriend, who went to her first race last weekend in Goliad, commented on all the Danicamania....It was even too much for her.....Wanted to know what made her so special vs. the other 5 women in the ARCA race

Buddy,

You can add Rusty Wallace to that list of impressed people and he says Danica is ready for Nationwide. Maybe OT/HT/Mike really likes lots of crow on his plate. :lol:

how do you pluck those dang birds ... figure to get an early start in preparing them for all you danica lovers ........ REB IM WITH YOU ,,

How can it be considered a scheme? She is a race car driver who brings a ton of marketing ability with her and she wants to run in Nascar. Should they tell her no? Could they if they wanted to? Its a business folks and she brings attention to the sport as well as possible future sponsors. Its not only business but good business. She could also help open the door for others like Alli Owens. Scheme? That is ridiculous

How can it be considered a scheme? She is a race car driver who brings a ton of marketing ability with her and she wants to run in Nascar. Should they tell her no? Could they if they wanted to? Its a business folks and she brings attention to the sport as well as possible future sponsors. Its not only business but good business. She could also help open the door for others like Alli Owens. Scheme? That is ridiculous

you are correct champ . it is a business .. she may open doors ... some of us just want some good racen .. its also sad to see nascar get away from good down home racen .letting inovative teams do what they need to do to win ... ..ill tell you this this will be the worst saterday of racen at daytona .not becuz of wrecks . you wont see any of those live .they will be in replay ..now thats unless danica will be in one ..that woud be live ofcource ..... the camera.s will be on her the whole time again .... i feel sorry for all those other drivers .sponsors that put million.s of dollars into this sport that have raced hard over the years ..poor folks they wont be seen ....i didnt get to see alot of that arca race. everytime i looked at the tv .all i could see was that green car with a 7 on it ...that aint right .and nascar can do something aboult that ...but that would be conterproductive wouldnt it .... i would sit and watch the races if they just show her everyonce in a while just like they do others .. speek of her every once in a while .like they do others ..... but we know that aint going to happen ... THE RIDICULOUS PART IN ALL THIS .IS SHE IS BEING TREATED LIKE A QUEEN ..I MAY ADD SHE HASNT EARNED THAT YET ..JIMMY JONHSON HAS EARNED THE KING OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS ..AND I AM NOT A REAL BIG FAN OF HIM EITHER ...SOME STILL BELEIVE IN THE EARNED QUOTA.......

In the big picture, Danica is good for the sport. It seems very strange that people think talent is everything in racing. There is no doubt that there are a lot of talented people that never make it to Arca, Trucks, Nationwide or the Cup level. Talent is only a small part of what it takes to attract a sponsor. Call it gimmicks or whatever you want, but she is selling advertising for everyone and viewership and ratings were impressive. Face it, Danica is an ego killer, she is doing what millions of other racecar drivers want to do, she sells and get to driver a racecar while she is at it. Put the ego aside, take the momentum and do something with it. The hate and discontent is what is bad for the sport, not Danica.

In the big picture, Danica is good for the sport. It seems very strange that people think talent is everything in racing. There is no doubt that there are a lot of talented people that never make it to Arca, Trucks, Nationwide or the Cup level. Talent is only a small part of what it takes to attract a sponsor. Call it gimmicks or whatever you want, but she is selling advertising for everyone and viewership and ratings were impressive. Face it, Danica is an ego killer, she is doing what millions of other racecar drivers want to do, she sells and get to driver a racecar while she is at it. Put the ego aside, take the momentum and do something with it. The hate and discontent is what is bad for the sport, not Danica.

Exactly!!

danica has been racing since she was 10yrs old. I would think if she didn't have the talent to drive a race car no matter what type of race car, she still wouldn't be where she is today. granted being cute doesn't hurt either i will give you that! i think she is alot like everybody else she loves what she does and does a pretty good job. I agree that her looks have helped her with the media and sponsors, but also has her talent that shows up everytime she gets in the car. It will be fun to she if she can hold her own on saturday.

Champ, Maverick,

I agree. I've always said on here "What is good for Danica is good for racing ...... at ALL levels." It is difficult to understand the hatred expressed on here by some.

All that aside, let's have a little reality check, shall we? What does she bring along when she comes to the track?

For one, she now has 80,000 "followers" on twitter.com

AND ........... take a look at these figures.

Your first link -------> Click HERE

Your second link ---> Click HERE

... It is difficult to understand the hatred expressed on here by some.

Not really hard to understand. Something that a lot of folks have loved for a long time - NASCAR Cup racing - has radically changed. New ideas. New blood. New values. Some folks have a hard time with accepting change.

In the "good old days" people with no or little money could "make it in the big time" if they just worked hard enough, were good enough and got a few breaks. Those days are long gone, except at the local level which, as you all know, is where my heart is.

Also, many racers are quite conservative in their political and social world views and tend to naturally resist change, whether it be political change, social change or changes in the sport they love. They're hanging on with all their might to the "good old days," much like my older brother who refuses to use email because sending a letter is "better." Well, it's not better and he's getting left behind.

Even though I've been down on NASCAR since my days as the Motorsports Editor of the San Antonio Light, that doesn't mean that I can't embrace new technology, welcome those who are not male and white and join the real world. But it's hard for some to do so and I think that's more of what we're hearing from the anti-Danica crowd.

Nick

Yes, Scheme. Or call it a gimmick. Either way it isnt about racing, it's about making money. Which yes, all business should try and do. I own a business and try to make all I can. BUT, NASCAR has done and tried a lot of things , THINKING it would make more money and it has only bitten them in the butt. The COT is one of the big ones. Look at the ugly car. It's a freaking rice burner with an american emblem. Except for Toyota which is a rice burner. Those cars look like they should be on the drifting circuit. Which I hate. You now, it's a younger generation thing. All they have done is drive away the die hard fans of old for the new younger generation that really isnt that much into stock car racing like us older folks. And thats where the money is. I know there are a lot of younger people into it, but the numbers fall short of the old crowd they had. And dont get me wrong, I'm not against any gender or race in the sport. I'm only sick of the freaking hype she is getting and all the attention she is getting and then they are shoving her down our throats. Hell, half of the commercials in the ARCA race was from GoDaddy and if you watch it again, she gets more comment time then any other driver including the leader of the race. Ali ran closer to the front than she did all day and you heard about her just a select few times. So I am saying, Enough already. They need to shut up, let her race and we'll see what happens and let us judge for ourselves. Dont try to sell me on a gimmick. I know she has raced all her life, but she really hasnt done much. Anyone can win a race every now and then so she hasnt impressed me at all. She has only won 1 IRL race.

So let her beat the top guys at the top level. Then I will give her credit which she will deserve. Just dont push her on me because it makes them money.

All I hear when they keep pumping her up to us is, BLAH BLAH BLAH, Nails on a chalkboard.

... half of the commercials in the ARCA race was from GoDaddy ...

Is that NASCAR's fault?

I thought Go Daddy had to purchase the commercial time.

Heck if you wanted to, and could afford it, you could probably purchase every commercial slot for a scheduled broadcast. The network might like that ....

LMR,.............. and therein lies the irony of this whole deal ......................... If not for Danica, nobody would have ever heard of Alli Owens or Bobby Gerhart. He even says so, right in the article. (ARCA link above) :)

Dan Wheldon once said .......... "While they're watching her, they are also watching US!"

Just out of curiousity,what would some of you do to improve the NASCAR racing if you were in charge????

I for one never get tired of looking at good looking women including Danica.I would love to see more of her.

As for the racing,I dont see any driver throwing the race for anybody sake.I dont think the racing was better when races were won by many laps.We all strive to be better and that Cup thing requires damn near perfection.A little mistake by a driver,crewmember or builder can cost a win.# 1?2 hours of racing comes down to 10 seconds.If you want rough and tumble,go to a fast dirt track.

I miss the "Old Nasc-r"...I miss "SAS"..they are GONE! We need to get over it and move forward. My daughter has about 10 friends that live one our block. They range from 8 to 17 years old. They TEXT each other all the time so I just asked her to text them and ask them who their favorite race car driver was. (this was about ten minutes ago). One of her friends didnt know one. Four said "Dale jr" and the other five said "Danica". I was shocked. I figured one or two would have an answer. Nine out of Ten kids just on our block knows about Jr and Danica. No other drivers names were mentioned. Thats what NASC_R is going after.

Archived