Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the "danica show" is on hiatus for four months!!!

yeeee-haawww!!!

:lol:

now back to our regularly scheduled nationwide series racing....

(finally!!!)

nope they will get her name in there somehwere ,,,they will make sure to keep us informed when she is racen her other car ...and how she is doing .and how long before she gets back in a nationwide race ..counting down the days will be thier motto..............anyway she is right aboult where alot of us thought she would be ..in the garrage ..and funny it is all the other drivers being in the wrong spot when she comes flying through that wrecks her ......she blamed every thing on that other driver .and spotter ..what happen to her spottor letting her know where she needs to be when passing that guy ..seems her spotter wasnt looking ahead and letting her know where that driver has been running tha last two laps ..

Let's leave Budman with another mental picture:

"Minus the glam treatment for commercials, Ms. Patrick in race day trim does indeed resemble Eddie Munster."

you hit it .. i was trying to figure who she reminded me of ..that hit it on the nail ....i thought i was bad .but that dirl can ramble on ..ask one question .and that will be the only one you ask .cuz she wont shut up and give em time to ask another before they run out of time .........lol ..

I'm 61. Fifty years ago I had my heros, and oh what magnificant ones they were. Their names are/were Foyt, Andretti, Jones, Ward, Hurtubise, Ruby, McElreath, Rutherford, Unser and so on. Perhaps its time for us to put aside our petty bickering, stand aside, and allow todays young people to have THEIR heros .............. AND HEROINES.

Texas Motor Speedway, June, 2009 -------------------> Click HERE

I'm 61. Fifty years ago I had my heros, and oh what magnificant ones they were. Their names are/were Foyt, Andretti, Jones, Ward, Hurtubise, Ruby, McElreath, Rutherford, Unser and so on. Perhaps its time for us to put aside our petty bickering, stand aside, and allow todays young people to have THEIR heros .............. AND HEROINES.

budman it isnt petty bickering ..its differents of opinions .....i cant speak aboult some of those drivers you mentioned ....i do remember most them ..but most of those drivers did thier talking on the track .they earned the respect from behind the wheel ..no glammer photos .. most had dirty faces .dirty race suits ..they won races .championships it wasnt on how good looking they were .it wasnt how fine of body they have .... this is where i stand on danica .or any driver who builds a fan base off of comercials ...yes she can drive .ill give her that ... but i know of her more for her photo ops then her racen record .. i hate the fact that racen has turned into what christmas turned into ...it isnt aboult racen anymore ..... i know its a pipe dream to want the days of old to be back dangit the few of us that want the old back .arent going to give up with out a fight ok now back to bickering ...opinions

budman it isnt petty bickering ..its differents of opinions .....i cant speak aboult some of those drivers you mentioned ....i do remember most them ..but most of those drivers did thier talking on the track .they earned the respect from behind the wheel ..no glammer photos .. most had dirty faces .dirty race suits ..they won races .championships it wasnt on how good looking they were .it wasnt how fine of body they have .... this is where i stand on danica .or any driver who builds a fan base off of comercials ...yes she can drive .ill give her that ... but i know of her more for her photo ops then her racen record .. i hate the fact that racen has turned into what christmas turned into ...it isnt aboult racen anymore ..... i know its a pipe dream to want the days of old to be back dangit the few of us that want the old back .arent going to give up with out a fight ok now back to bickering ...opinions

Well Mike, what I don't understand is just what does she have to do for you to prove that she can wheel a race car. Sure she is brand new in the full bodied stock cars and has not even had 4 months experience in them yet, but the young lady has been driving for 18 years, has a contract to run IRL cars, managed to pass the Indy Rookie test the first time she tried, and you tell us you are not convinced she can drive. I don't believe Buddy was comparing her to any of the drivers he mentioned, rather was trying to point out that she is a big name in the IRL. Although you may say its all because of her glamour, I suggest you so watch her race other than on a TV and I believe you will see this gal really mixes it up with the big boys out there. I believe when one fails to recognize the talent she does have then anything they may say is easily construed as bickering. Maybe if the name was Dan Patrick then she would be treated far differently. Thats what I think.

She has only won 1 IRL race.

Now that some of the furor has quieted on this thread and she has moved on to begin the IRL season, I thought I'd take time to address the comment above.

---------- SERIES DOMINATION AND THE BUM WRAP ---------

"She has only won 1 IRL race" ........ is an accurate statement. Consider this, however. In order to win, one must first have a car under him/her that is capable of winning. This has been the case neither for Danica, nor a bunch of other IRL drivers during the last two years.

During the 2008 and 2009 IRL seasons (34 races), one driver has more wins than Danica, other than those of the Target-Chip Ganassi Team (TCG) and Team Penske (TP).

Here is the list:

Drivers for TCG and TP ................. 28 wins

Non TCG/TP Winners -

Justin Wilson ................................ 2 wins

Tony Kanaan................................ 1 win

Danica Patrick.............................. 1 win

Graham Rahal.............................. 1 win

Ryan Hunter-Reay........................ 1 win

All Others.................................... 0 wins

Total races held/won.................... 34

Therefore a statement implying she has no talent because "She has only won 1 IRL race" is a BUM WRAP.

lol;... the rock bud lost was a very very big one..... get hin to show you that rock in question .then show you the pic where that rock isnt sitting any more and you will wonder .how could mother nature do what it did ...its amazing ..but really i think its a trick photo ....lol .

First you loose the rock now you loose the picture of the rock. :lol:

well he has to find it ...he must find it ..i bet he hasnt misplaced one danica photo ... hey you know ..bud look deep deep down at the bottom of that large stack of her photo.s .. you may find it there ....if not call out the armed forces .the police .fbi .cia .or all the racers around you and we could come over and help you out ..just have the food ready .. and papa .your too funny .. ..one other thing ..bud i thought i heard someone say way back you had a lost and found poster all over the county looking for that rock ..maybe someone still has a copy of it ..dano what say you .do you have one ....

Archived