Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

Hmmm..

footinmouth.jpg

NASCAR?

get used to running in the back .the joy ride she had at daytona was as good as she will have it ..the spoiled little brat has already showed up .and this is only her second race ....... she will soon not have any friends from other teams .and id bet her crew before its all over .....aint nutten like ..humble pie ..we all have had it sometime or another ...lol . btw . i didnt watch one lap of that race ...why ..danica ...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danica has already admitted that this isnt easy, and even said that the IRL cars were easier to drive at Fontana. Here words were ' Its like starting over from zero again. I need to set goals at the beginning of the race and if I meet them I need to be happy. I have to disconnect from the results for quite some time. They're probably not going to be what I'm used to."

She seems to be aware of just how tough it is but at the same time eager to learn. It will take time. If she continues to learn and shows improvement, then it will be a successful venture. Time will tell and she needs plenty of it

To her credit, she's right , it is tough to race stock cars. But instead of pushing and hyping her like they did, she should have spent this season testing and practicing. Then MAYBE next season she would be more prepared to race the series competitvely. And she needs to quit being a a little spoiled brat and talk to the media. They have been behind her pumping her up to us, she should at least have the courtesy to talk to them when the race is over. Not 20 minutes later after shes done crying and ranting.

Oh, btw. I didnt watch a lap either. I was fishing. :) Much more exciting than hearing about her all day. But I couldnt watch the cup race either. Dear lord it was boring. Nothing like spreading them out a little. LOL

she needs to quit being a a little spoiled brat and talk to the media. They have been behind her pumping her up to us, she should at least have the courtesy to talk to them when the race is over. Not 20 minutes later after shes done crying and ranting.

:lol:

The last IRL race I covered from the Media Center @ TMS(several years ago), she was basically the same way....... <_<

To her credit, she's right , it is tough to race stock cars. But instead of pushing and hyping her like they did, she should have spent this season testing and practicing. Then MAYBE next season she would be more prepared to race the series competitvely.

uumm, cus she wont get paid millions testing. And Nascar cant sell tickets to testing.

2009 IRL season: 17 races

Average cars starting the race: 22

Average cars finishing on the lead lap: 10

Danica’s average finish: 9

Times finishing off the lead lap: 6

2010 Nationwide season: 2 races

Avgerage cars starting the race: 43

Average cars finishing on the lead lap: 20

Danica’s average finish: 33

Times finishing off the lead lap: 2

I’m sure it’s a little different racing 42 other drivers than it is 21 drivers. Some more seat time is in order.

To her credit, she's right , it is tough to race stock cars. But instead of pushing and hyping her like they did, she should have spent this season testing and practicing. Then MAYBE next season she would be more prepared to race the series competitvely.

uumm, cus she wont get paid millions testing. And Nascar cant sell tickets to testing.

Exactly. But dont push her on us like they are. Most of us dont care. They put her on the top of a pedastal and she fell. haha

The MEDIA are the ones that pushed her on us, not her, not Nascar. Give her some time, seat time, experience before we judge.

well nascar wanted her ..she wanted to climb into one these fine cars ..she got paid what she wanted ..and neither one of them are the blaime... i just cant figure that one out ...are you telling me that nascar and her have nothing to do with this ...and they are supprised this media thing is going on ........ man your going to have to get up earlier to convince us its all the media ....lol ..i quess that man didnt plan to fly a plane into the building either ..........

why wouldnt Nascar want her? Evidently people are interested in her every move, everyones numbers are up, Nascar, ESPN, you name it. The young lady has been able to do in two weeks what years of gimmicky pseudo-playoffs, prefab driver personalities and rules changes and re-changes haven't -- inject new life and new blood into NASCAR.

9 plus pages on her right here at Speedzone. So I guess it isnt the media that created the frenzy, it is the fans

Guys, your fascination with Danica shows through loud and clear. Since when did anyone give a rats a$$ what a part-time rookie in the nationwide series does or says in a media interview. Never, thats when. Not to worry, you aren't the only ones. This danica-mania thing continues to gain momentum. She is the biggest thing ever to hit nascar.

How is she doing on the track? I think she is just about right on schedule for what they were saying from the outset.

Guys, your fascination with Danica shows through loud and clear. Since when did anyone give a rats a$$ what a part-time rookie in the nationwide series does or says in a media interview. Never, thats when. Not to worry, you aren't the only ones. This danica-mania thing continues to gain momentum. She is the biggest thing ever to hit nascar.

How is she doing on the track? I think she is just about right on schedule for what they were saying from the outset.

THE BIGGEST THING EVER TO HIT NASCAR ...1979 DATONA WAS THE BIGGEST THING TO HIT NASCAR ..THAT FIGHT AT THE END OF THE RACE ..WAS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING SHE CAN DO .... SEE IF NASCAR TODAY HAD THE RATEINGS IT HAD EVEN TEN YEARS AGO .SHE WOULD NOT EVEN BE A PIMPLE ON A FLYS BUTT. .. AND IT ISNT WHO SHE IS THATS GETS SOME OF OUR DANDRIFF UP .HECK MOST OF US PROBABLY LIKE HER SOMEWHERE IN THE BACK OF OUR MINDS ..JUST HAVE TO FIND IT THOUGH .ITS NASCAR USEING HER ASWELL AS HERSELF TO UP THIER RATEINGS .. HER TO MAKE MONEY .NASCAR TOGET MORE FANS ..WHEN ALL NASCAR HAD TO DO IS STICK WITH WHAT MADE THEM WHAT THEY WERE ALL ABOULT ..RACEN ..WHEN DANICA IS GONE .AND WE ALL KNOW THIS WILL LAST THIS YEAR ONLY .SHE AINT CUT OUT FOR NASCAR ..WHAT WILL NASCAR DO ..HIRE A DANCING CHICKEN ..MAYBE .......BTW THE FIGHT HAS LASTED THE TEST OF TIMES ..SHE WONT .. :lol: YOU WANT TO KNOW ANOTHER FUNNY ...MY POPULARITY WILL LAST LONGER ON SPEEDZONE THAN HERS .....NOW THATS THE TRUTH ..... YEPPERS IT WILL ....NOW SLAP ME ON THE BACK FOR THAT JOKE ...LOL

Because she is female? or because she looks decent in a swim suit? The fight in 79 was huge because it happened at the first 500 to ever be televised by a major network in its entirety.

I watch racing for the racing and could care less about fights. They are going to happen from time to time but its not why I tune in. I guess if the drivers start running moonshine again and fight after every race, Nascar will have its fan base back.

Because she is female? or because she looks decent in a swim suit? The fight in 79 was huge because it happened at the first 500 to ever be televised by a major network in its entirety.

I watch racing for the racing and could care less about fights. They are going to happen from time to time but its not why I tune in. I guess if the drivers start running moonshine again and fight after every race, Nascar will have its fan base back.

SO NOW WHY DO YOU WATCH NASCAR ..DANICA .... I DONT WATCH NASCAR FOR THE FIGHTS EITHER .HECK I DONT WATCH NASCAR CUZ OF SOME DRIVER OR DRIVERS ...I USE TO WATCH IT FOR GOOD CLOSE RACEN ... INOVATIVE TEAMS . A FEW MORE SHORT TRACKS ..CARS THAT LOOK LIKE CARS YOU COULD BY ANYWHERE ..YEP I HAD A FEW DRIVERS I LIKE TO WATCH ..BUT THAT WASNT MY MAIN REASONS FOR WATCHING ... .WHEN GORDON SHOWED UP . AND GOT STUFFED DOWN OUR THROATS THEN ..THAT WAS WHEN NASCAR STARTED THIS DOWN HILL SLIDE .IN MY BOOKS .WHEN NASCAR STARTED THIS TOP 35 .THIS CHASE THING .THAT WAS WHEN NASCAR STARTED GOING EVEN FURTHER DOWN THE TUBES .... WHEN NASCAR SPENDS MOST OF THE RACES ON LONG TRACKS .THAT GOT BOREING EVEN MORE ..I USE TO GO TO TWS ..IN THE LAST 10 YEARS I STAYED HOME ..NOW IF I GO TO TWS AGAIN .IT WONT BE A NASCAR RACE .AND I CAN GET FREE TICKETS IN GREAT SEATS WHEN I ASK FOR EM FOR ANY NASCAR RACE AT TWS ...THE IRL WAS THE BEST RACE I HAVE SEEN AT TWS COMPAIRED TO NASCAR .....WE HAVE ONY GONE TO ONE IRL RACE THERE .ABOULT 6 YEARS AGO ..I HAVENT FORGOTEN THAT RACE ..... NOW ON NASCAR .S CREDIT .THEY HAVE WOKEN UP ALITTLE AND CHANGE A FEW THINGS I LIKE TO SEE ..TIME WILL TELL IF IT WORKS BUT ITS BITTER THAN THE RECENT PAST ...

Yep, they lost the grasp of it's roots. They went 100% corporate. It's not about racing anymore. It's about getting young pretty boys to drive cars so they can get sponsors easier and sell more products. And since this is failing miserably, you get danica. There next big attempt to get us back. It's not going to work. I dont care about what they are selling. I want to see a good race. But until this season ( allowing some bumping ) they havent been able to race at all. It's like watching traffic go down the highway without touching each other. Get rid of the stupid chase, the stupid looking cars and let them drive again. May the best man win. Or women. I dont care.

The truth is, every driver that gets an opportunity at this level better bring the full package with them. It is a sponsor/money driven sport/ business. There are plenty of folks that are qualified based on driving ability alone. That will not cut it anymore. There just arent enough seats available. For many of the drivers that have seats now, there are 10 or 20 out there that are as capable behind the wheel but dont have a ride. Experience is hard to come by if you dont have a ride and most of those on the outside looking in would need experience to succeed. Danica is no different, she needs time period. And is in an even tougher position than many because of her overall lack of experience in a stock car. She is dealing with information overload that Tony Stewart mentioned her dealing with well before she got into a car. The things she is dealing with as a driver would be no different today even if they were driving pure stock cars and nothing had changed. Cars that resemble factory, letting them bump, getting rid of the chase, would not change anything about what she is trying to do. The media would still be all over this woman trying to drive in a sport against men. Rewind 10 years even and the media would still be on this story like stink on you know what. A female IRL driver with a huge fan base giving it a try in a different series. Story now, story then, story 20 years ago. Danicamania wont last forever but hopefully Nascar will be able to hold onto some of the fans she helped bring in. It could even trickle down to the Saturday night race venues around the country. Lets hope so

Archived