Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not hating on anyone. If they want to get people back in the seats then make the racing fun to watch again. Dont hang the series on 1 person like they are doing. Stop spoon feeding us 1 person. My wife called me this morning and there is already a Danica Barbie doll for sale. They just keep on shoving dont they. I know my stomach is full.

Then stop eating :lol: Or get yourself a DVR and fast forward through the commercials

Some of the drivers are getting tired of the media as well

Regan Smith via Twitter: maybe they could cover Danica on ESPN2 and the other 50 plus drivers on ESPN classic or something.

Scott Speed via Twitter: According to the "media" not only is Danica the most amazing racing driver sence Dale Sr. but she is also related to Jesus lol

Do we have a little Jealousy involved?

AHHHHHHH....the intelligencia of the huddled masses :lol:

racecar25....If Earnhardt sr. hadn't had a flat on the last lap....Cope would have been the first loser and no one would remember that.

people that are spreading hate

So because we disagree we're spreading hate? Get a grip!!!!...It's called having an opinion...

That was an ARCA race you are referring to. Not Nascar.

Obviously you missed the message on the Nationwide race?.....And, ARCA is tied to NA$CAR more than you think, or want to believe.

Anyone can put a deal together, get the funding, and go race ARCA or Nascar

You're kidding right??????

Do we have a little Jealousy involved?

So just because some of us are tired of the circus, that makes us jealous???? Are y'all democrats? LOL Bring on the clowns......Oh wait.....already have......Most are in Washington D.C.

16 top 5's, 46 top 10's, in 81 Indy starts

Let's see IRL(ex. Indy) usually had 20-car(Avg.) fields, half of which would break/crash....A top 10 should be a piece of cake......Plus, I'd hate to think anyone's talent/ability was measured on one fuel stategy win.

Just because some of y'all drool all over yourself at the mention of her name, doesn't mean we all do or that want to endure endless coverage of one driver in a 43-car field......Which is one of the reasons I hate "The Chase"......They focus too much on those 12 drivers instead of the racing as a whole! When I watch a race I want to see the race, not what y'all or anyone else wants, for that matter.....

So what flavor is that Kool-Aid your drinking?.......LMFAO

Buddy, you'd be surprised how many TMS people read speedzone.....really!

Johnny, I guess you and I are in the minority and the only ones that agree.....So we're wrong....NOT!!!!....Where we fishing at? LOL

I'll be at Travis Saturday for sure and might go on Friday. Prefishing for the 20th time for a tourny next weekend. I traded my roller for a nice bass boat and am very glad I did. :) Now I just need to find sponsors for my new FLW career. :P The race season hasnt even really started yet and I cant take it already. I dont know if I can make the rest of the season and stay sane.

Top ten should be a piece of cake? Now you are only kidding yourself. I would hate that anyones ability would be based strictly on winning. be it fuel strategy or what have you. Plenty of "good"racers that have raced in Nascar and never won for whatever reason, be it bad equipment, bad luck or whatever. And Plenty more that have never had the chance. To race at that level you have to have backing first whether you earned it or just got lucky. Maybe even because you just knew or got introduced to the right people. Tough to get a chance no doubt for most. Even tougher to get a chance in a ride that is capable of winning. Marketability opens the door wide open for people like Danica for obvious reasons.

The "MEDIA" are the ones creating the circus not only on track and TV, but through written media as well. Those damn Koolaid drinkers are the ones to blame. Can't you call the media union and put an end to the crap REB? :lol:

Good luck on your fishing trip. Here is a tip for ya. Bring some bait :P The fish dont care how experienced or good you are, they want to eat

Actually fishing with artificials is harder than driving in my opinion. I can read the guys around me and learn what thier next move is going to be. You cant read a fish. So it takes more experience and skill in presentation than racing a car. Now lets see this canOworms open up. hehe...

BTW. I never use live bait. A drunken monkey can fish like that. Kinda like a fairly decent driver with tons of money behind her.

Back to the Danica subject. She did ok in practice today and I liked the feed back that she gave the crew. Jury is still out for the young lady but she is trying to make the most of her opportunity no doubt. In my eyes she has proven that she is racing material but has a long road in front of her in order to please the naysayers. She isnt taking this opportunity lightly that is for sure. She still may fail miserably but I hope she does allright based on her attitude and work ethic.

I didnt get to watch the race today but I was getting play by play over the phone. Please let me be the first to say. :lol::lol::lol::lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Now she needs to go back to IRL where they keep their distance and she isnt scared to be out there. From the reports I recieved she was as useless as tits on a boar hog.

In my opinion, Juan Pablo is twice the driver she is and he struggled at first also. I don't know why anyone would expect for her to get a top 10 or 15 the first time out. I'm not a fan of hers but she has alot of pressure forced on her by the media just like Dale Jr has had since he started.

I think she did a good job in her first nascar race. a lesser driver might have wrecked that car at the beginning of the race but she was patient and dropped to the back till they could fix the car. after the pit stop she was running good.

In my opinion, Juan Pablo is twice the driver she is and he struggled at first also. I don't know why anyone would expect for her to get a top 10 or 15 the first time out. I'm not a fan of hers but she has alot of pressure forced on her by the media just like Dale Jr has had since he started.

I completely agree with you Bruce and Will as well. She is a complete rookie at this level and needs tons of seat time. She was a little off early on and it looks like she may be a little leary of being right on the back bumper of someone. She did improve after the pitstop where they made changes to the car and it appeared that she got up on the wheel a little more. I believe that she will learn as she goes just like anyone else with ability at this level. She acts like a sponge when it comes to gathering info and seems to have a ton of respect for where she is at and just how hard it is. I would give her a B considering her overall performance and the fact that she is a flat out rookie in this type of car. And Bruce, JPM is considered by many to have some of the best car control of all drivers out there and he has had to work his butt off to get where he is at now. So as you mentioned, to expect perfection or anything close to it right off the bat is ridiculous. I am not a fan either but I do like her attitude at this point along with the fact that she isnt just going through the motions. She is cautiously and informatively giving it a good effort and I do respect her for that. The jury is still out but she has passed the first couple of tests. She needs so much more seat time than the limited schedule she has this year but I would still put her in a car versus some of the other women out there based on what I have seen so far. What she is attempting to be successful at isnt easy. And again today the major wrecks were cause by the guys in the field. Not sure what happened to Chrissy Wallace

P.S. LM-RACER-20, My money would be on her against you in a grudge match in your own car :lol:

i got home for lunch and i didnt see her car ..but i did see a ticker tape thingy running across the chanel .saying something to the fact they were trying to get her car back ,,funny not one word aboult the other drivers involved ...... .then they interveud her ..look like she was going to cry ....well welcome to real racen little lady ....... glad she didnt get hurt ..but saw this comeing ..

i got home for lunch and i didnt see her car ..but i did see a ticker tape thingy running across the chanel .saying something to the fact they were trying to get her car back ,,funny not one word aboult the other drivers involved ...... .then they interveud her ..look like she was going to cry ....well welcome to real racen little lady ....... glad she didnt get hurt ..but saw this comeing ..

Come one Mike, she did a good job considering everything she was facing. What is "real racing" ?

Wrecks all over the place that you didnt cause? The broadcast of the race did touch on her quite a bit but nothing like it was in the ARCA race. They played plenty of views of the wreck and the cause, you would have had to watch to see it all. Real Racin? The wrecks were started or caused by men dude. I didnt see any sign of a person ready to cry. I saw a determined individual that wants to do better. I take her against you in grocery cart racing any day of the week :P

"looked like she was going to cry"? OMG LOL!

sorry OT I'm just messing with you.

look at it this way, this was just her first nascar race. every driver has to have their first race.

good thing is that we only have 1 week till her next race!

Archived