Here we go again----Danica

wheelchair49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay, if she wasn't female, there wouldn't be ANY naysayers on here or anywhere else on the net.

Hell, she even has some saying she is too small and will be unable to physically handle one of those big ole stock cars. Thats total BULL SH/t! How sad some men still feel threatened by women like her.

Check out the shoulders and arms on that little gal at post 19. The muscle definition definitely shows.

My keyboard is doing fine. Its my damn computer I've been having chronic trouble with over the last 2 months.

Nick,

From that interview I can tell she is either unaware or has forgotten that she will be at Daytona for the NNS race. If she is not in it, she is scheduled to be its Grand Marshall. B)

Not bad out of 50+ cars/drivers. I don't expect anything amazing out of her. She will be doing very well is she can just finish that race without getting torn up. That is not just an ARCA race. It is an ARCA PLATE race and quite often a wreckfest. I'm really not sure that is a good place to start your first race in a new series. It will be interesting to keep an eye on her this season.

BUT............

Far more interesting in my opinion, and what no one is talking about right now, is what's up in indy car. I think it should be really interesting to keep an eye on her in that series this season. Andretti-Green Racing IS no more. The four car team supposedly has been totally reorganized under the name Andretti Autosports, in an effort to return the team to prominance or at least parity with the Penske and Ganassi teams. We shall see. Stay tuned.

They arent really racing, just running around in circles according to some. Hell, I dont like the cookie cutter tracks or the car for that matter, but it is what it is. They strap in and drive their ass off wherever they are at be it a cookie cutter track, plate track, road course or Bristol. It is real racing despite what some say. Not to everyones liking but tell me that what they do isnt hard. If it wasnt, many more would be doing it. And there are plenty drivers in the local arenas that would give their left nut to be "pretend racing" amongst some of the best drivers out there. From the floor sweeper to the Driver, these guys work their butts off doing what is a hobby to most. Deal with the cards they are dealt and make the best of it. I support Nascar even today despite some shortcomings because of that. Hell, I think it would be great if Reb made it to that level. I would look forward to reading his stories every week :P

Qualified 12th One of two females to make the field with the other being Leilani Munter. Danica outqualified some good people including Frank Kimmel. Milka Duno on the other hand qualified 36th. It is rumored that Elvis was seen in the garage area as that can be the only explanation for the high level of media attention not normally seen in ARCA

...You can just click on -----> THIS

Hey Buddy,

I think DP might have been talking about Lone Star Speedzone in her interview. Oh, wait. We're not a blog, we're a forum. LOL

NIck

She did say she googles articles about her and reads them. She claims to keep a record of the ones who trash talk her...

RucRoo!!!!!

Hey Buddy,

Seventh in that heavy ole car ain't too shabby if you ask me. I thought she showed her talent when Piquet dinged her onto the grass and she saved it like she had been driving stock cars all her life.

Another thing you might want to pass on to some is that HEB has crow on sale. :P .

A near dead heat for 6th and 7th. Apparently ARCA is giving her 6th. Not too shabby for her first race, out of 47 starting. She got punted into the grass 2/3 through and had a fantastic save. Pitted, came out 24th. Raced he way back up to 6th at the end. Great run. Even DW was impressed. He is the one who said she was too little.

well, buddy...i gotta agree with h-t on this one...she held her own pretty good. i still don't like her, but she did surprise me...will be interesting to see if she makes the season...good luck to ya...and, her too, i guess...(ouch!!) .... :lol:

Archived