Quick Highlights from tonight's meeting

debwill

49 WHERE DO I SEND MY CHECK .. :lol: ....HART YOU NEED PARTS .SEND 49 SOME MOOLA .... I WONT GIVE ANYONE A DIME TOWARDS SOMETHING THAT I CANT SEE .. THATS A LIE . ILL SEND 49 .$20 BUCKS . I CANT SEE HIM DONT KNOW HIM BUT I HAVE FAITH HE WILL COME TRUE WITH MY SPONSORSHIP .. NOT . :D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford 27,

My dad (R.I.P) was always fond of saying, "It's a whole lot easier to tear something down than to build something up."

I guess it's just human nature. The complainers seem to be very vocal while the vast majority of those who don't agree with them remain strangely silent.

I know most of the track/series operators in our racing community have had to face this reality frequently. They make a decision and all of a sudden there's two or three people who get on here and complain like crazy. Sometimes it's even the same person using two, or more, screen names. Meanwhile, the vast majority who agree with the decision don't say a word - except maybe a private email or PM of support to the decision maker.

It's just the way it is, I guess...

Nick

Nick, I can't say I speak for anyone else on here, but I would think most of us are a bit skeptical and are taking the (silent) wait and see approach. Ya gotta admit, the project sounds a little "Pie in the Sky" right now. Time will tell I suppose. :)

Would anyone connected to this project be willing to come on my show and discuss it?

At least the dirt track portion of it.

I am the host of the K-MAC Sports show, Dirt Track Insider (http://kmacsports.com/DTI.shtml)

Again, this is a legitimate invitation. That would help get your message out, as well as letting people that couldn't get to the meeting to hear what you have to say.

Leave me a PM and give me you contact information. I have a segment open for this Saturday's show, but I need to fill it quick.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Host of the K-MAC Sports show, Dirt Track Insider

http://kmacsports.com/DTI.shtml

Thank you Nick, you said what I was thinking. I wish J&S a lot of luck.It is apparent that

most of the critics were not at the meeting or were not listening.

What I liked is she said that she will have no partners and no investors. Things can happen

a lot faster that way. And for J&S to work to get sponsors for the racers would be a different approach

and I think one that would work. They seam to understand that it is there job to help get cars out.

Well got to go work on a race car.

Harlin Covert #60 sportsman HCR

Thank you Nick, you said what I was thinking. I wish J&S a lot of luck.It is apparent that

most of the critics were not at the meeting or were not listening.

What I liked is she said that she will have no partners and no investors. Things can happen

a lot faster that way. And for J&S to work to get sponsors for the racers would be a different approach

and I think one that would work. They seam to understand that it is there job to help get cars out.

Well got to go work on a race car.

Harlin Covert #60 sportsman HCR

I think its an issue of trust. Either they will turn out to be a boon to South Texas racing or they won't. What I see is someone who might be legit just trying a little too hard. I'm all for giving them a chance. I don't think they are asking anybody for money are they? Only problem some people worry about is that it doesn't have to be that racers get taken for racers to pay the price. The TSAR deal was a case of people getting excited and then other businesses and community members being the ones who were taken for a ride. That ends up making harder for the next guy coming down the pike to gain support. I think everyone wants to support these guys, they are just being careful of where they place their trust.

I'm glad to say that Shelma will join us for the 10:40 a.m. segment on this Saturday's Motorsports Zone radio show (10-11 a.m., KVET-AM 1300, Austin, live streaming at am1300thezone.com)

Thanks for the good point nick. works the same as politics i suppose. I'm kinda takin the wait and see myself but it seems that they are genuine...at least to the ones that met them.I was'nt able to make the meeting but I put a lot of trust in people like nick and deb. And I'm not sure what to do on my late model , does anyone know what the rules were gonna be for 08 if this goes through.

Wes Walker

W.M.I

Walker Motorsports Inc.

Thanks for the good point nick. works the same as politics i suppose. I'm kinda takin the wait and see myself but it seems that they are genuine...at least to the ones that met them.I was'nt able to make the meeting but I put a lot of trust in people like nick and deb. And I'm not sure what to do on my late model , does anyone know what the rules were gonna be for 08 if this goes through.

Wes Walker

W.M.I

Walker Motorsports Inc.

Actually, the "wait and see" stance is the correct stance to be taking at this point. There are at least two separate groups at some stage of the planning process. To pick sides, make predictions, etc. seems to be a bit pre-mature.

I too have been down the road of false promises, and worse.... But, until someone proves otherwise, they probably deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nick

I see the posts on this subject are getting better......I'm just waiting for my(possible)top row seat.

The only thing good about negativity is....it makes a forum entertaining.

:lol: No more negativity or whatever you call it from me TD. I feel much better now that I've spoken my concerns. I certainly don't want to argue with fellow racers about it. We'll all know in due time.

:D

I understand someone stated that this facility is being proposed/built near the county line on the Northwest side, but where exactly are we talking about. Also, what is the proposed completion date of the oval track in 2008? TY

Racers,

Make the necessary changes to run at THR and/or HMP and get on with racing. If anyone thinks you can go from not even having bids to racing in '08, you are overly optimistic or really naive.

Nick, as my dad always said, "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush". We have 2 tracks to choose from (that would be worth 4 wannabe's). Quit speculating on what might happen next year, choose a track and go race. If this new track happens, great! If it doesn't, we will have enjoyed the '07 season and will be looking forward to '08 at 2 thriving tracks.

Racers,

Make the necessary changes to run at THR and/or HMP and get on with racing. If anyone thinks you can go from not even having bids to racing in '08, you are overly optimistic or really naive.

Nick, as my dad always said, "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush". We have 2 tracks to choose from (that would be worth 4 wannabe's). Quit speculating on what might happen next year, choose a track and go race. If this new track happens, great! If it doesn't, we will have enjoyed the '07 season and will be looking forward to '08 at 2 thriving tracks.

Your right Rusty, But I bet most of the people being critical do not even have a race car.

Harlin Covert

Your right Rusty, But I bet most of the people being critical do not even have a race car.

Harlin Covert

I don't believe I have been critical, I may have had a little fun, but it was meant in good humor. But what exactly does owning a racecar have to do with having an opinion about a new track. I know that a racer will spend more at a track than the average fan, but that's kind of like saying that if you pay more taxes then you have more right to complain about the government. If that's the case everyone needs to shut up about the government except Exxon. :)

The 4000 fans that you want to attract are going to spend more together than the racers are.

I BELIEVE TEXASSPEEDZONE IS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMMENT .. DONT NEED TO OWN A CAR TO BE WELCOME HERE AND HAVE IMPUT FROM WHAT I GATHER .... RIGHT NOW IM GETTING TWO CARS READY FOR RACEN .AT THE TRACKS THAT WILL RUN US ..AND A THIRD ONE RIGHT BEHIND THOSE TWO ..

my grandma always told me ' don't take no wooden nickles '............so i don't , i guess i'm negative.

quit talking about it and build it , and i'll show up to race it. but you won't get none of my money or trust until race day.......

all we do is talk........talk talk talk.........get on with it and built the freakin' thing....hell whole countries were established with out this much debate.

my grandma always told me ' don't take no wooden nickles '............so i don't , i guess i'm negative.

quit talking about it and build it , and i'll show up to race it. but you won't get none of my money or trust until race day.......

all we do is talk........talk talk talk.........get on with it and built the freakin' thing....hell whole countries were established with out this much debate.

Always there to boil it down to the brass tacks, huh ' horse. :lol: You're right though.

The funny thing is that a random comment is made and some take it as a personal attack..... Guilty conscience??? Yes, I got the spelling of conscience off of the great motion picture "As Good As It Get's".

We are taking bids on projects. Call us and let us know if you would like to place a bid.

We are scheduling appointments for the sponsorship program.

Thanks

Shelma

WHERE CAN I PICK UP A SET OF PLANS. I'LL BID IT.

I'm sorry ,, let me clear the air here,, At the meeting last night, some people asked me if they could bid on things that are needing , like t-shirt printing, copies, office work, carrier service, graphics,, that kind of stuff... I'm sorry for the confusion....

Shelma,

I was at the meeting and I asked specifically who you had to lined up to build the track. You replied that you were taking bids for that job. Now I'm really confused.

Excuse me for being skeptical, but it sounds as if your sponsorship program is what your really going after. Unfortunately its the ones who can least afford it who buy into false hope. Kind of like lottery tickets.

Archived