Quick Highlights from tonight's meeting

debwill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been in construction for a long time. A project this big would be broadcast to the public for open bidding for general contractors in say, the newspaper! Not to mention all the subcontractors that need to bid with the GC. On another note, what exactly is a sponsership program?

Cary Stapp

'

We are taking bids on projects. Call us and let us know if you would like to place a bid.

We are scheduling appointments for the sponsorship program.

Thanks

Shelma

WHERE CAN I PICK UP A SET OF PLANS. I'LL BID IT.

I'm sorry ,, let me clear the air here,, At the meeting last night, some people asked me if they could bid on things that are needing , like t-shirt printing, copies, office work, carrier service, graphics,, that kind of stuff... I'm sorry for the confusion....

I have been in construction for a long time. A project this big would be broadcast to the public for open bidding for general contractors in say, the newspaper! Not to mention all the subcontractors that need to bid with the GC. On another note, what exactly is a sponsership program?

Cary Stapp

'

Cary,

You must not be a driver/owner, WE sponsor the driver of all ages in events... I'm sure some drivers can explain,,,, the sponsorship program helps them get things needed to be in the next race...

Webster's dictionary : a person or an organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity; especially : one that pays the cost of a radio or television program usually in return for advertising time during its course

Have a Great Night...

Cary Stapp

'

Cary,

You must not be a driver/owner, WE sponsor the driver of all ages in events... I'm sure some drivers can explain,,,, the sponsorship program helps them get things needed to be in the next race...

Webster's dictionary : a person or an organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity; especially : one that pays the cost of a radio or television program usually in return for advertising time during its course

Have a Great Night...

I'm sorry for the confusion for I have never raced before. I was just wondering. :lol:

Termite, isnt there a thing called a dodge report that has to posted for bids, if its not there it aint going to happen, am I not right. on the other hand there is a bridge that has been bought in the hill country, no need to buy one from Brooklyn, and Reble, why would you go to this track when its in your neighborhood and theres a track within miles of you you dont even go to. :P:D;):rolleyes:

i'm sorry.......i'm still trying to uderstand this sponsorship deal. did money change hands ? and what exactly are you offering?

just asking a question , not trying to be a jerk.........but something about this stinks like my dog after chili , and the fact that you will not explain yourself more , well stinks even more.

i'm hoping we are not running off someone that is trying to help TX. asphalt racing ........but i'm also hoping we are running off someone taking racers funds for their own personal gain. (not saying you are ) but if.......

Cary,

Have a Great Night...

I'm sorry for the confusion for I have never raced before. I was just wondering. :lol:

How many champeenchips would you have won if you would have known about one of them thar sponsor programs. :lol::o

i'm sorry.......i'm still trying to uderstand this sponsorship deal. did money change hands ? and what exactly are you offering?

just asking a question , not trying to be a jerk.........but something about this stinks like my dog after chili , and the fact that you will not explain yourself more , well stinks even more.

i'm hoping we are not running off someone that is trying to help TX. asphalt racing ........but i'm also hoping we are running off someone taking racers funds for their own personal gain. (not saying you are ) but if.......

Were you at the meeting last night?

nope .......i was busy working on my racecar.

did i have to be there to get the 'special knock' in order to get an answer to my question?

nope .......i was busy working on my racecar.

did i have to be there to get the 'special knock' in order to get an answer to my question?

Shawn Paul,

"It's the secret hand shake!"

I wasn't there and don't plan on attending the Bar-b-que either. My understanding is that the handshake is a little confusing, but give us non-compliants time; we will break the code...

Ok, seriously.... Shelma it was a pleasure meeting you Saturday night, I look forward to racing at the facility when it's done...

Mark

maybe the questions are too general .. so I'll give a swing at the ol' ball....

1. Which track of the 10 mentioned by Debbie is planned to open in 2008?

2. How would a driver/owner get information on the sponsorship program?

3. What is the address for the proposed racing facility?

Inquiring minds want to know......

interesting some poeple have met them .and seem to be happy .some havent and are pulling thier hair out trying to get answers ...... me im in the middle . i have not met them yet .and im not going to knock them for not answering guestions on here . the more they answer the more they get asked .would not be any end to it ...i can see why some are skeptic and i can see why they dont answer ....

interesting some poeple have met them .and seem to be happy .some havent and are pulling thier hair out trying to get answers ...... me im in the middle . i have not met them yet .and im not going to knock them for not answering guestions on here . the more they answer the more they get asked .would not be any end to it ...i can see why some are skeptic and i can see why they dont answer ....

I think its an issue of trust. Either they will turn out to be a boon to South Texas racing or they won't. What I see is someone who might be legit just trying a little too hard. I'm all for giving them a chance. I don't think they are asking anybody for money are they? Only problem some people worry about is that it doesn't have to be that racers get taken for racers to pay the price. The TSAR deal was a case of people getting excited and then other businesses and community members being the ones who were taken for a ride. That ends up making harder for the next guy coming down the pike to gain support. I think everyone wants to support these guys, they are just being careful of where they place their trust.

I think its an issue of trust. Either they will turn out to be a boon to South Texas racing or they won't. What I see is someone who might be legit just trying a little too hard. I'm all for giving them a chance. I don't think they are asking anybody for money are they? Only problem some people worry about is that it doesn't have to be that racers get taken for racers to pay the price. The TSAR deal was a case of people getting excited and then other businesses and community members being the ones who were taken for a ride. That ends up making harder for the next guy coming down the pike to gain support. I think everyone wants to support these guys, they are just being careful of where they place their trust.

Ms. Walton,

I don't think Crazyhorse was at your meeting, but if you think anything that was said at the meeting would have changed his concerns, you may have overestimated your sell job at the meeting.

As you can by now tell, there are quite a few people who are convinced that your plans are aimed at scamming racers and probably corporate sponsors out of money. I have seen nothing so far that would convince me otherwise or that either of you are capable or qualified to do anything you have suggested.

If you are genuine, then many of us will have to give our apologies in due time. If you are not, we will not be among your victims. If you are sincere and genuine, I will apologize ahead of time for doubting you, but you must understand where the nay-sayers are coming from.

From an outsider's perspective, you have shown nothing to cast a favorable light on your plans. In other words, you've said what you want to do but have said little to nothing about how you plan to get there. That would be fine if you were only builidng a facility. However, that's not the case - you are asking racers to invest in your services before anything has been done on your part. You haven't even told us what experience you have in racing promotion. To add to that, the facility you propose does not appear to be even remotely feasible from a business standpoint.

So again, if you truly have some huge fortune to spend and don't mind losing it on a money-losing venture and ultimately build an awesome facility, I'll say I was wrong as will many others. If you are for real, you also shouldn't be surprised to encounter some doubt in this grand plan.

If you plan to scam folks out of their hard earned money, we're ready for that also.

I don't mean to make any enemies in the racing community here. I just can't watch this go on any longer without saying my peace.

I don't think they are asking anybody for money are they?

Actually, they are. For something like $20 per month, they'll enroll you in their sponsorship program and get you all kinds of help.

I don't think they are asking anybody for money are they?

Actually, they are. For something like $20 per month, they'll enroll you in their sponsorship program and get you all kinds of help.

I stand corrected then. Let me get this straight, as a racer you pay someone to sponsor you, is that what I'm hearing? I had this whole sponsorship thing wrong then. I was out here buying tires and stuff for the cars I was sponsoring. :lol:

Jamie, Aaron I could have sponsored you a lot more if you would have been paying me for the sponsorship. :P

GOTCHA ....POINT ....

Archived