Quick Highlights from tonight's meeting

debwill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are taking bids on projects. Call us and let us know if you would like to place a bid.

We are scheduling appointments for the sponsorship program.

Thanks

Shelma

WHERE CAN I PICK UP A SET OF PLANS. I'LL BID IT.

I'm sorry ,, let me clear the air here,, At the meeting last night, some people asked me if they could bid on things that are needing , like t-shirt printing, copies, office work, carrier service, graphics,, that kind of stuff... I'm sorry for the confusion....

Shelma,

I was at the meeting and I asked specifically who you had to lined up to build the track. You replied that you were taking bids for that job. Now I'm really confused.

Excuse me for being skeptical, but it sounds as if your sponsorship program is what your really going after. Unfortunately its the ones who can least afford it who buy into false hope. Kind of like lottery tickets.

Race Fan # 44

We opened a sponsorship program to help drivers / owners to be able to race and be comfortable. Car counts at local tracks THR & HMP are important because it brings people in to the tracks. When you asked me who I had lined up to build, I answered we would be taking bids. When all the paperwork is finalized. We will be open for bids. Until then, we wait as you do. We don't spend all of our time on one project, we work on many. I don't blame, nor does it bother me that people are skeptical. Just like opening a new business, people don't come in till they see others going. Everything is in the eyes of the beholder.

Everyone says they were taken so many times before, Well I have only heard one name TEAGUE, I had him researched just to see what the heck ya'll were talking about. Yes he I guess did take money and I don't know what he promised, that was a bad situation.

I have lived her 42 yrs this month, never lived anywhere else. I have done business here for a long time. I don't plan on running a shady business. Shady business is someone hiding with no real address, no real DBA, Just a p.o. box....NOT US!!!...WE have begun phase I of our business venture. If anyone wants to be part of it,, that is great, the ones who don't ,, must have all the sponsors they need.

I take notes from this forum. If everyone spent the time finding sponsors as they do in this forum, they would not have a problem when rules change, they would be ready for it.

I don't have to answer nor explain business questions, as you don't have to answer any questions to anyone , unless they are missing with your livelihood. TEAGUE as one of my paralegals, and an Attorney pointed out in one article from court stated he wanted and took money from people. hhmm seems to me, I have business checks coming in... from the work and projects we close out.. I can not believe people are grumping about the $ 20 dollars a month administration fee, since we deal with large companies and entities on a daily basis , and they can love to sponsor, we only charge for the administrative side. We put OUR time and OUR money into projects, so if you grump over $ 20,, try to find your own sponsorship and see where you get and how far. We are working for the racer/driver/owner.. cheap labor actually.... ;)

I do respect everyone's opinion. Everyone have a great day.

Shelma

mr lacata didnt u have donald teege on ur show 2

your point being....?

I DIDNT MAKE THAT MEETING . KINDA HARD LIVEING WHERE I DO ... BUT I WANT TO KNOW ABOULT THIS SPONSOR THINGY EVERYONE TALKS ABOULT ..THERE HASNT BEEN ANYTHING EXPLAINED ON HERE . THAT I HAVE FOUND AND IF IT WAS .I MUST BE BLIND .. I FIGURE IF ITS A GOOD THING WHY NOT PUT IT OUT THERE FOR EVERYONE TO DESIDE ..AND DID ANYONE JOIN ..

Shelma,

I'm not grumping about $20. Maybe your sponsorship program might be a good thing for some. If you noticed most of the drivers and car owners you invited did not have sponsorship, but we will race anyway. The point I would like to make is that you set up this meeting to talk about building a race facility. No mention of this sponsorship program until the meeting. If your main goal is to obtain sponsorship for racers, that's fine. Please say so. I was mainly interested in your proposal to build a track. The complex you had shown us does not seem realistic, you had everything on the list that people had asked for and more, but have no answers for specific questions. I hope you prove me wrong and build this thing. And one more thing, the raffle gifts were a nice offering, and you did not owe that to anyone, but if you are wealthy enough to build such a large racing complex, and you want to help the racer/owner like you say, maybe you could of given out a carb, distributor, race suit or even a set of tires. That would of had an impact. I was lucky enough to get a free tire from the nice people at THR this past weekend when they had a drawing from the Road Runner drivers just as a welcome gesture. That goes a long way with me and I will definately do my best to support thier race program. No bashing intended, just constructive criticism.

When you asked me who I had lined up to build, I answered we would be taking bids. When all the paperwork is finalized. We will be open for bids.

You will have to forgive me, I don't remember that being your answer, but that's history now.

Shelma,

I'm not grumping about $20. Maybe your sponsorship program might be a good thing for some. If you noticed most of the drivers and car owners you invited did not have sponsorship, but we will race anyway. The point I would like to make is that you set up this meeting to talk about building a race facility. No mention of this sponsorship program until the meeting. If your main goal is to obtain sponsorship for racers, that's fine. Please say so. I was mainly interested in your proposal to build a track. The complex you had shown us does not seem realistic, you had everything on the list that people had asked for and more, but have no answers for specific questions. I hope you prove me wrong and build this thing. And one more thing, the raffle gifts were a nice offering, and you did not owe that to anyone, but if you are wealthy enough to build such a large racing complex, and you want to help the racer/owner like you say, maybe you could of given out a carb, distributor, race suit or even a set of tires. That would of had an impact. I was lucky enough to get a free tire from the nice people at THR this past weekend when they had a drawing from the Road Runner drivers just as a welcome gesture. That goes a long way with me and I will definately do my best to support thier race program. No bashing intended, just constructive criticism.

When you asked me who I had lined up to build, I answered we would be taking bids. When all the paperwork is finalized. We will be open for bids.

You will have to forgive me, I don't remember that being your answer, but that's history now.

We did discuss the track facility,and yes a sponsorship program.We are,besides the race facility,trying to help save racing this year. The track is just as important and hopefully by strengthening racing this year,we will be ready for next season as a banner year for racing.We cant please everyone but im sure the lady who won a gas card at the meeting may very well have rather gotten a set of spark plugs,but our meeting was for getting to know each other better and i hope we succeeded.We appreciate all the input,whether its positive or negative,but i feel once the track is built,someone will still say its an inch too short. The majority will adapt to it and we all will enjoy the races! Thanks again to everyone for your input.

James

There was mention of a sponsorship program on the earlier threads before the meeting. I think if they said they are curreently available and you can use these to go race at the other tracks, while the new facility is being built. Who will be the first to step up and take advantage of this program? I'm not a race car driver, but I would look into it if I was.

There are plenty of cars willing to race at HMP and THR right now. Why not feed some of this sponsorship help directly to the tracks, they could use it. It will trickle down to the racers in the purse. I am sure they will be more than happy to put it directly into the payouts.

I once had a boss that kept everyone confused about what he wanted. After several years of this, I knew he did this because he did not know what he wanted untill someone got it right. I know that the only way to keep everyone on the same page in any meeting is to take notes of that meeting, have the principles read and approve the notes and then publish them to all involved(pun intended). Even doing this there will be some questions and still some confusion.

I am confused about what is happening, what is going to happen and when. I am only a race fan and was not invited to the meeting. The post that started this is nice but J and S have not commented on its accuracy, so I assume it is hearsay. We all know what Assume can do for us.

Therefore, anyone who would invest in this mess is likely to get burned. Sorry, but you seem to be intentionally not answering inquiries directly.

Which means either you do not know the answer, or do not have any plans. You cannot RFP w/o a set of plans. I can guarantee you that if you do not have a set of plans, your limitless resources will soon become limited. Which I am sure, from your stated business knowledge, you are well aware of. By the way, what type of business are you in? Would it be a problem if you told us where your resources have been, or are being drawn from. I'm only asking what industry, inheritance etc. from which you are obtaining said resources. Of course this will become common knowledge soon, wether it is accurate or not, through the rumor mill. I know that the major players in business will not bid major projects w/o knowledge of your financial worthiness.

By the way, has anyone else had a problem accesing the J ans S website or email? Maybe my PC.

Hope this note finds you and yours well.

Rupert Claridge (a.k.a. Bubba)

(210)355-7441 cell

I once had a boss that kept everyone confused about what he wanted. After several years of this, I knew he did this because he did not know what he wanted untill someone got it right. I know that the only way to keep everyone on the same page in any meeting is to take notes of that meeting, have the principles read and approve the notes and then publish them to all involved(pun intended). Even doing this there will be some questions and still some confusion.

I am confused about what is happening, what is going to happen and when. I am only a race fan and was not invited to the meeting. The post that started this is nice but J and S have not commented on its accuracy, so I assume it is hearsay. We all know what Assume can do for us.

Therefore, anyone who would invest in this mess is likely to get burned. Sorry, but you seem to be intentionally not answering inquiries directly.

Which means either you do not know the answer, or do not have any plans. You cannot RFP w/o a set of plans. I can guarantee you that if you do not have a set of plans, your limitless resources will soon become limited. Which I am sure, from your stated business knowledge, you are well aware of. By the way, what type of business are you in? Would it be a problem if you told us where your resources have been, or are being drawn from. I'm only asking what industry, inheritance etc. from which you are obtaining said resources. Of course this will become common knowledge soon, wether it is accurate or not, through the rumor mill. I know that the major players in business will not bid major projects w/o knowledge of your financial worthiness.

By the way, has anyone else had a problem accesing the J ans S website or email? Maybe my PC.

Hope this note finds you and yours well.

Rupert Claridge (a.k.a. Bubba)

(210)355-7441 cell

We appreciate your input,first let me say the website was working fine as of 9:15 this morning,so hopefully you will get a chance to see it.I was a little confused about the "investing" part of your thoughts.There has never been an investment approach about the facility,so no one will get "burned". We have answered many questions and of course wont answer some because they dont pertain to the public directly. We are doing something that is definetly needed here,if people come to use or enjoy it then it serves the purpose.If anyone chooses not to come because we didnt answer specific business questions,then thats freedom of choice. We will progress forward because we do have a specific plan and certainly enjoy everyones input whether its negative or positive.

James & Shelma

i havent been able to get it up either so how many of you out their have tried it and cant come up with it .......that to me is important to be able to get it up ..if we are haveing problems texenergy ..then i suggest getting it fixed ... this is not doing you anygood ..... also when you answer some of the guestions ..or lack of ..... you answers come off like some of the series promotors .. [ I DONT NEED YOUR CAR ]] THATS IS ONE THING THAT KILLS RACEN AROUND HERE .. so be alittle more up front with some of your answer.s .... remimber you started all this on here and wanted true imput and strieght answers ... the one question that most have asked and i may have missed it but where exsactly is this track going to be built ..what are the land track numbers and such ..... so drivers can go out and dream alittle dream if so want to ..all i know is its northwest and alot of things are northwest .like another state lol .i got to admit .im starting to wonder ..................

I don't see an asphalt track of this size being up and running by 08.From what I have gathered the location is not secured,there is no set of plans for a contractor to bid on and you still have all the permit issuess,enviromental impact studies and all the other tree hugger hoops you will be asked to jump through at the proposed location.I really wish you guys the best of luck,but it sounds like your trying to one up TMS and without some big sanctioning body to race at your track it's going to be hard if not impossible for local money to keep a facility of that magnitude up and running.On another note it sure has been nice seeing the new faces from SAS at HMP,but I know you guys hate the drive(especially with diesel close to $3.00 a gallon) and want a local track to call your own so I really do hope someone comes through for yall. :)

Just my two cents worth but I have had no problem accessing the J & S website. Its in its construction stages for the most part but it does contain some information. For you people that are not accessing the site you may want to check your firewall, on the computer software that is. Good luck..... :D

I dont believe the plan was to have the whole facility up in 2008 but to go in phases like any other large construction project 1st phase i believe was the 1/2 mile oval only...is this correct?

This is may,6th that gives them roughly 10 months.The spot they are wanting is over the aquifer so they are going to need an enviromental impact study from the EPA.If you don't think the EPA is a big joke with alot of stroke you have never dealt with them."IF" they get the green light and thats a big "IF" they are going to have to purchase the land,if they don't get the go ahead they will have to find another spot starting the whole process over.They still need to settle on a track design and have a set of plans drawn up.The plans will then go back and forth between the two parties with revisions I can assure you.Then the waiting game starts for the needed permits.Once all thats done they are going to have to send out the approved plans to some contractors for bids,it will take some time for them to figure the cost so they can award someone the contract.Don't forget there is still alot of construction work to do and the weather has to cooperate during this stage.I hope for you guys in mid-state this can all be pulled off in such a small time frame,but I can assure you it will be really tough to make this happen even if these people are well connected. ;)

Archived