Quick Highlights from tonight's meeting

debwill

Here's a quick summary of tonight's meeting concerning a new race facility in the San Antonio area.

Shelma Walton and James Beasley introduced themselves and shared their plans in three phases - a sponsorship company called J and S Racing Promotions, Series Racing (no company name given) and a new race facility called Smokin' Alley Motorsports Park (SAMP). It's a planned recreation and entertainment project based upon competitve professional and amateur motor sports. The facility comprises 3,000 acres - located adjacent to the Bexar County Line near Northwest San Antonio.

J and S Racing Promotions plans to provide a service that will help race car drivers and corporate sponsors.

The facility project description includes the following:

- 1.0-mile Super Speedway

- 3.5-mile road course - adjusting down to 1.0 mile

- 1/4-mile drag strip

- 1/2-mile paved oval

- 3/8-mile dirt oval

- 1.5-mile dirt motocross course

- 1.2-mile rally cross, off-road and 4X4 course

- 3/4-mile paved kart tracks

- 100,000 square foot - indoor kart racing facility

- Drag Boat Races

Some other highlights:

Phase 1 of construction will be the asphalt oval - projected to complete in 2008.

Series - bring back Super Late Models.

We'll be adding more information later - just wanted to share the highlights.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uhhhh funding....

someone please post photos once the bulldozers start clearing off the land...weve seen this how many times in the last several years? funding funding funding...is that in place or are they searching for it?

three phases - a sponsorship company called J and S Racing Promotions, Series Racing (no company name given) and a new race facility called Smokin' Alley Motorsports Park (SAMP).

Are these in order of implementation? In other words, does the promotion company come first? What exactly is a sponsorship company?

Thanks

Congrats to all the winners tonight. I won't name them all but I will tell you that TxTom was the 1st winner.

also mentioned was a masage parlor, daycare, pet resort, on scene fire station, cheap fresh cooked hot dogs, an on site hotel for $20 a night. If you get in a bind and cant finish your racecar on time, they said they'll help. If you cant afford to get your wife a anniversary gift, they said they'll help............ <_< no lies here, all this was mentioned...... :lol:

only other thing needed would maybe be a gentlemens club and this would be paradise.........haha :lol:

anybody sure they're last names arent Teague.....?......?

...teague? Ouch. :lol:

I try not to be pesimistic but I have to agree with Jason. Heard too much of this before. I am hoping for the best, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Good luck to ya :)

also mentioned was a masage parlor, daycare, pet resort, on scene fire station, cheap fresh cooked hot dogs, an on site hotel for $20 a night. If you get in a bind and cant finish your racecar on time, they said they'll help. If you cant afford to get your wife a anniversary gift, they said they'll help............ <_< no lies here, all this was mentioned...... :lol:

only other thing needed would maybe be a gentlemens club and this would be paradise.........haha :lol:

anybody sure they're last names arent Teague.....?......?

Texas

hmmm you sure did take good things that people might enjoy totally wrong.. no pet resort....And no my last night is not Teague.... but thanks for your input... LOL... I sure wish you Luck in Racing...

Shelma

When you try to quote from a meeting you attended,, try to be accurate somewhat.. not in left field...

We offered a sponsorship program, introducing different car series. and what we have planned for the future of different types of racing.

the sponsorship program started 3 weeks ago....

Get of hold of us for more details..

Thanks

Shelma

Was there a project budget figure mentioned?

thanks

jay

No. But Shelma did say that bids have been let on the project. I imagine that once the bids are opened they will have a better idea of the actual capital outlay.

Nick

We offered a sponsorship program, introducing different car series. and what we have planned for the future of different types of racing.

Funny thing, I was told there was a bridge put up for sale 3 weeks ago in Brooklyn.

Act now, you've be preselected out of millions of people, don't let this opporunity past you by, just send $399.00 to be eligable to get in on the ground floor, this offer will expire at midnight tonight

:D:D:D

I want to Thank Everyone who came, it was a great turnout. Thank You Neil, Nick, Rick, and Debbie for coming....Questions,, get ahold of us...

Have a Great Night,,, Looks like storms are a coming,,

Shelma

Shelma: Thanks for the invitation.

Neil Upchurch

Neil,

Thank You for the meeting and coming to our meeting tonight. You are worth alot in knowledge..

Thanks for being there

Shelma

Funny thing, I was told there was a bridge put up for sale 3 weeks ago in Brooklyn.

Act now, you've be preselected out of millions of people, don't let this opporunity past you by, just send $399.00 to be eligable to get in on the ground floor, this offer will expire at midnight tonight

:D:D:D

Common Sense ,, now where is it....LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks, Nick. I was just thinking about securing the funding and making acceptable ROI on a "big" number given what I see happening in the Houston and San Antonio markets...but "hey", you live in the right country. Write that big check and let'r rip.

Jay

Was there a project budget figure mentioned?

thanks

jay

No. But Shelma did say that bids have been let on the project. I imagine that once the bids are opened they will have a better idea of the actual capital outlay.

Nick

Archived