Controversy at Pocono

metroracer

It is suppose to be a Happy Occasion for a Winning Racer in a Nascar Race Victory Circle, Right !!!!

But Not Today for Hamlin....   The Fans Booed Him Big Time....

I think they were Booing him for Rough Driving with the #5, or Could it be the way that Nascar handled the late race caution !!!!

Both Incidents were sort of "ticky-tacky / it is what it is " to me, But....

Just another "Perfect Storm" for Nascar....

Edited by metroracer

I believe it was all for how Hamlin raced the 5 car. Of course, Hamlin will never admit he is wrong. One reason a lot of people, me included, does not like him. He cries like a baby when someone does some to him. But if he does something it's always the other driver's fault. 

21 minutes ago, Radical said:

I believe it was all for how Hamlin raced the 5 car. Of course, Hamlin will never admit he is wrong. One reason a lot of people, me included, does not like him. He cries like a baby when someone does some to him. But if he does something it's always the other driver's fault. 

Yah it was just a few races back that Hamlin was Bitching to have the #5 Parked for crashing the #11 out....

Right On .... Radical for pointing that out !!!!

(Sort of a Smoldering Feud going on between the #11 & #5.  However Hamlin does take cake for the most Bitching for one thing or the other over the years.  Equals a Bad Reputation for that Driver.)

I will say if you listen to his podcast he has made mention many times that Kyle will make that same move (literally mentioned it in last weeks episode) and will pinch the outside car off and he basically expects you to lift kind of like what they do in the dirt world. Denny used his move against him and Kyle chose to stay in it just like most dirt racers of his caliber will do. The deal with Bowman most people when they get home will see that Denny had nothing to do with that and that he lost it in the middle of the corner. Yes I will agree Denny will complain and be a whiner but in this case he used Kyle's move against him. 

We're all going to miss Denny when he is gone.  I'm just personally not a fan of his off-track antics, racing and non racing related.  The whole JGR crew is just cringe with how fake they all are.

Mr Always right Dennis Hamlin dive bombed it into 1 and used the 5 as a crutch.  Probably would no be bad if he would have owned it, rather than play the victim or say the 5 missed the turn.  They were racing for the win.      But, that is typical of a Bully or a Narcissist.   

PS:  Another sold out exciting race.  These clowns at Nascar are hitting it out of the park man.  Rather than complain about empty seats, the boo birds are complaining about the traffic now.  WINK WINK

Edited by 24nomo

17 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Mr Always right Dennis Hamlin dive bombed it into 1 and used the 5 as a crutch.  Probably would no be bad if he would have owned it, rather than play the victim or say the 5 missed the turn.  They were racing for the win.      But, that is typical of a Bully or a Narcissist.   

Damn it we agree again.....How is that even possible?

PS:  Another sold out exciting race.  These clowns at Nascar are hitting it out of the park man.  Rather than complain about empty seats, the boo birds are complaining about the traffic now.  WINK WINK

I'm hoping the "wink wink" is a show of sarcasm?....You must not have noticed all the blocked off seats covered with banners?

9 hours ago, 24nomo said:

No, I did not see any seats covered.  They announced a sellout, so maybe they are lying?  Or maybe they were not lying?  Who cares, I dont watch the seats, I watch the sparks flying from the crashes

557076647_images(1).jpg.0ee269178ebcb0a20268a86ece39b1e0.jpg

Perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in your future.....It's easy to "say" sellout, and I'll just leave it as that....Tracks deleting seating like Daytona(50k) or TMS(30k) and saying "sell out" is like Biden saying he created a bunch of jobs after people returned from their beer virus hiatus.....Just sayin'

Edited by rebelracewriter

9 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

557076647_images(1).jpg.0ee269178ebcb0a20268a86ece39b1e0.jpg

Perhaps a trip to the optometrist is in your future.....It's easy to "say" sellout, and I'll just leave it as that....Tracks deleting seating like Daytona(50k) or TMS(30k) and saying "sell out" is like Biden saying he created a bunch of jobs after people returned from their beer virus hiatus.....Just sayin'

COME on reb why did u have to trash up speedzone  with disrespect  using  bidens name .. .........but i agree with u .... .

3 hours ago, HiTech said:

COME on reb why did u have to trash up speedzone  with disrespect  using  bidens name .. .........but i agree with u .... .

a·nal·o·gy
noun

1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"

I think its funny we want to call out the covered seats. If anything those are the best seats to cover.  If they have 50,000 seats and they sell all those seats then its a sell out. It doesn't matter how many are covered. This is happening in a lot of sports where seats are being covered because they can sell more advertising in those areas. Everyone has stated that is the most campers they have seen in the infield in a while.

Jeff Gluck's poll was 81.1% that the race was good.  I watched it and I thought it was good. Yeah its not the beating banging side by side we all want but this race is and will always be a fuel mileage race and that brings a different quality to the race. When will people give credit where credit is due. The series has been getting better and when they figure out the short track package it will make the racing that much better. All we want to on this website is bash NASCAR and call them out for dumb things when the sport is actually progressing again. The rise in NASCAR popularity is bringing interest into other racing areas now. Believe it or not there is Kyle Larson fan that don't realize he races the sprint cars and late models and when mentions that it brings interest into that area of racing. People don't realize that Tony Stewart drives an A Fuel dragster in NHRA but when he talks about it on air it brings interest into NHRA.  The talk of Kyle running Indy next year has brought interest into Indy car. Door Bumper Clear which is a podcast by NASCAR Spotters is sponsored by Dirt Vision their show is aired on DirtVision they spend a good amount of time every week talking about dirt racing which brings interest from non dirt racing fans into the sport. Before you say they do that because of their sponsor I will tell you no they have talked about dirt racing way before that. Their host is Casey Boat which is Chad Boat's wife and she talks about midget and micro racing all the time and is always promoting Millbridge. 

When it comes down to it all getting on this website and blasting nascar the way some of yall do is no different than the people that get on facebook and blast a track or series.  Yall dont like it when people do that for a local track so why is it ok to do that for a national series that if it wasnt for that national series there would be no interest in your local track.

If they advertise 45,000 seats to sell and they sell 45,000 seats, then to me that's a sellout. 45,000 packed seats with 10,000 covered seats that are pretty much useless anyways sure looks a lot better on TV than 10,000 open seats. Same thing at a local track. It sure looks good when a track that only has 500 seats is packed than the track down the road that can hold 2,000 people but only gets 1,000...

As I've said on here before, whether we like NASCAR or not, we all need them. We need Indy cars, NHRA, IMSA too. Yeah, NASCAR has screwed up a lot of things over the years, bad calls, bad policy, bad cars (remember the COT), etc. But there is a massive trickle down effect by having them viable. One of the best examples I can give you is this. NASCAR knows that they really NEED local Saturday night racing/racers. That builds interest for the top 3 divisions. It also creates a pool of future drivers/crew members & sponsors. When NBC Sports Gold folded about 3 years ago, NASCAR dumped a lot of money into FloRacing. They knew that they needed to prop up the local racing scene, especially the asphalt racing scene. Prior to them doing that, FloRacing almost never showed asphalt racing, only dirt racing. Just as Josh42 said above, cross talking/selling is good for all parties. High tide raises all boats.

I absolutely love it that these Cup drivers are running a lot more local stuff. That brings eyes to both, a win/win. It is also one of the ways it used to be done. Getting a big star go run a local show, brought in a large audience. That would get the locals to try and attend, or watch a Cup race. It was a fairly common practice, that NASCAR & the local track to rent a ride for said Cup star to race. I nearly got Kenny Schrader to run my mod on the Sat night, before the Cup race on Sunday @ Phoenix. Unfortunately it fell through about 2 weeks before they went to PIR. We had Ron Hornaday Jr race there numerous times in Tucson, and this was after he had been hired by Dale Earnhardt. There was about 10-12 of us mod drivers that pitted together. He pitted right there with us. Great guy! Before he got hired by Dale, he owned Victory Circle Race cars in LA (he sold it about a year after moving to the truck series). If you asked him to look at your car, he would. If he saw something that he thought needed addressed, he tell you. Not to try and sell you something, just because he wanted you to get better. He helped a lot of the locals. During the Winter Heat Series years at TRP, he kept his cars (Winston West, Southwest Tour & late models) at a local racer's shop, 2 blocks from my business. He would gladly show you his cars, and didn't mind if you took pictures/notes either. Probably the coolest thing that I ever saw him do was this. He was driving a super late model, that belonged to a local racer. In the main he was leading. Another local racer, unprovoked, just flat wrecked Ron going into turn 3. Knocked the front clip to the left about 2'. Big hit. Of course the track announcer wanted to interview Ron after that. Most every driver would bad mouth the driver that just wrecked them. Ron didn't. Because he respected racing at the local level so much, he told the announcer that it was his fault, because he hadn't properly secured the steering wheel, and it came off. Now this is a driver that's already racing in the truck series. Do you think he's forgotten how to install the steering wheel? It gets better too. I knew the driver that loaned Ron his car for that night. He told me that Ron said that if he'd bring it to his shop in LA, he'd clip it for him, no charge. The only thing that he asked, was to not tell anyone what he was doing. That's how much he respects the local racer, and how much he knows that big and small time racing needs each other. 

It has been incredibly popular on just about every racing site, to bash what Brian France did to damage NASCAR. And I agree with about 98% of that. But Brain France will always be a love/hate thing for me. I saw what he did for local Saturday night racing in person, at Tucson Raceway Park. When ISC took over the lease there from the Fairgrounds, they pumped in about $4 million into the facility, and changed it from dirt to asphalt. All of the local sentiment was " nobody will come see asphalt racing in AZ. It's a dirt racing state". I went opening night as a fan in the stands. It was standing room only, not enough parking, food or restrooms. They only had a 2 station ticket booth, and a 1 station pit entrance booth. Brian France stood on the front stretch with a mic in hand. He promised that would not ever happen again. Seven days later there was twice as much parking. The ticket booth now sported 10 windows. The pit window now could serve 4 at a time. He brought in more than 50 port a potties, until they got 2 new restroom buildings completed (that was finished 3 weeks later). He had 2 brand new aluminum bleacher sections installed in the turn 1 area the next week . He brought in 5-6 food vendors until they could get a fairly large food service area finished (2 weeks later), and they added an open flame mesquite wood grilling area. To this day, the 2 best chicken sandwiches I've ever had at a racetrack were the Jalapeño one at SAS, and the mesquite chicken sandwich at TRP. For a local Saturday night track, TRP was a show palace. The changes that occurred there over a 4 week span was incredible. I have no idea how much money they spent after opening night, but not was a lot.

I agree that as Josh42 said above, that the racing product, and for the most part how they manage race day, is getting better. I think that they are having more trouble overcoming people's mindsets then they are with the racing product itself. If they fix their short track program, that will go along way to make the overall racing a success. There are a lot of really smart people in the garage area, it shouldn't be a problem. However, the biggest stumbling block to fixing the short track problems, may reside in the NASCAR offices. They've always had a problem with admitting that they may have caused the problem. Some of the things have to do with the design of the new car. If they can get past their own egos, it shouldn't be that big of an issue. As I said, there are a lot of smart people there in the garage area.  

18 hours ago, 24nomo said:

They cant do without Nascar.  The boo birds are just mad because Nascar will not give them press credentials any longer.  They have been kicked out for talking chit.    LOL

WOW.....Digging deep huh.....Totally a false statement though....If that were the case there's a lot of others that would have their hard card pulled....I never had one, just good contacts at TMS that have since moved on, including Eddie Gossage....Where's those fakebook fact checkers when you need them?

22 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

WOW.....Digging deep huh.....Totally a false statement though....If that were the case there's a lot of others that would have their hard card pulled....I never had one, just good contacts at TMS that have since moved on, including Eddie Gossage....Where's those fakebook fact checkers when you need them?