Controversy at Pocono

metroracer

Well, not totally false, Reb.

When I was the motorsports editor for The San Antonio Light (one of two major daily newspapers back in the day), NASCAR pulled my press credentials over an article I wrote about NASCAR's pit lane policy.  At the time, there was no speed limit on pit road and folks were getting hurt frequently during pit road incidents.  I called for a speed limit and other changes that have since been implemented. 

NASCAR did not contact me directly, but rather wrote a certified letter to the Editor informing them that I was no longer welcome at NASCAR events.  

Around the same time, they pulled a similar stunt on Sports Illustrated. But their editor went publicly ballistic and NASCAR soon backed down, restoring both Sports Illustrated and my credentials - but without an apology. 

On 7/28/2023 at 6:37 AM, NickHolt said:

Well, not totally false, Reb.

When I was the motorsports editor for The San Antonio Light (one of two major daily newspapers back in the day), NASCAR pulled my press credentials over an article I wrote about NASCAR's pit lane policy.  At the time, there was no speed limit on pit road and folks were getting hurt frequently during pit road incidents.  I called for a speed limit and other changes that have since been implemented. 

NASCAR did not contact me directly, but rather wrote a certified letter to the Editor informing them that I was no longer welcome at NASCAR events.  

Around the same time, they pulled a similar stunt on Sports Illustrated. But their editor went publicly ballistic and NASCAR soon backed down, restoring both Sports Illustrated and my credentials - but without an apology. 

i think  u must have been dreaming  ..nick .. nascar running u off .. . i find that  hard to believe .. no ill take that back ..