RACING IS NOT DEAD IN S.A.!

Txenergy

.................. and you thought I was done. No, just a pause ............... :D

Rule #23 Realize up front that you'll never be able to keep everybody happy all of the time.

Rule #24 A reputation among racers for your integrity is your most important commodity. Guard it to the letter. A racer must be confident that your tech and application of the rules will always be fair and even handed, across the board, to all. No exceptions!

Thanks Racer61. That's what this forum is all about. The free exchange of ideas and opinions. Nobody is going to agree with all my suggestions. I know that. But at least their a starting point for discussion. I certainly respect your opinions and ideas and welcome yours and anybody else's. :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry budman, nothing against you but I strongly disagree with rule 13. Walls dont tear up cars, drivers do. Eliminating walls gives to many others the false pretense that it is OK to "lean" on the other guy(or gal). I watch that happen all too often at THR. I have been shoved out into the grass before and yes it did save me big bucks on repairs, however, it did not stop the same driver from driving over his head because of his safety net. No, I believe walls is a good Idea. It keeps the cars on the track not out in a field. Blaming the walls for car damage is an "excuse".

other than that budman, you did good. :D

hit the nail on the freakin' head.............(sorry buddy)......but you will see some normally good drivers, mellow drivers - after two weeks at THR turn into over agressive idiots tearing peoples stuff up because they think with no wall its not as much of a foul.........you hit the wall at SAS just right , and brother you don't forget it for awhile so you try to avoid that situation .....with no wall their chongas get bigger.

Txenergy,

Yes, the USRA and SAS registration fees will be refunded to the drivers, along with any purse money that's due from the two races in March. Tammy is working on the checks right now, and she's planning to send them out later this week.

My guess is the Zunne Group (Toby and Barbie O'Connor). They've been involved in establishing the GTP races around downtown SAT and have been car owners in some of the Indy500 races.

just a guess.

Larry,

Google can be your best friend...

Thanks Racer61. That's what this forum is all about. The free exchange of ideas and opinions. Nobody is going to agree with all my suggestions. I know that. But at least their a starting point for discussion. I certainly respect your opinions and ideas and welcome yours and anybody else's. :)

N/P Budman. Im not really disagreeing with you, I just have a different opinion.

And like Horse said... you'd be supprised how a good slap of the wall will "open your eyes" to your own driving abilities. I grew up watching guys at Austin Speed-o-rama, Longhorn,etc. and that little ol' bullring produced some of the best local racers around.

Sorry, didnt mean to ramble... :D ...ON WITH THE THREAD! :D

P.S. Crazyhorse, check your messages.

Cory

If a Drag Strip is part of the plan, I would suggest a 1/8th mile. SAR has a real good 1/4 mile that is real close to SA. No reason to go head to head with them. The 1/8 mi would be good for the local street rice burners and the Jr dragsters. As well as other classes.

As far as the circle track...Leave enough room on the front stretch to make a small track for 1/4 midgets and legends. Leave the infield dirt...Put a Motocross and quadrunner coarse there.

Also put an RV park on the grounds. It could be used year round.

Some people might laugh at this but I think it would generate $$ and let people know what is out there.....A Driving Range. Dont laugh. I dont care for golf but many many people do. This to would generate $$ and could be open year round.

NOW.....If you could put in a lake stocked with catfish then I figure there would be no reason to go home.

PAPA

Its going to be both,,,, and yes got to have the RV and fishing,,,,

We can not please everyone... but I bet everyone will smile....

Txenergy,

Yes, the USRA and SAS registration fees will be refunded to the drivers, along with any purse money that's due from the two races in March. Tammy is working on the checks right now, and she's planning to send them out later this week.

That sounds like a winner... ;)

.................. and you thought I was done. No, just a pause ............... :D

Rule #23 Realize up front that you'll never be able to keep everybody happy all of the time.

Rule #24 A reputation among racers for your integrity is your most important commodity. Guard it to the letter. A racer must be confident that your tech and application of the rules will always be fair and even handed, across the board, to all. No exceptions!

BUDMAN

I actually printed up your list and deleted the wall one,,, we have to have walls... just bump and get on...

Question... You say in your post the drivers got burned this year,,, and about the short fuse,, I understand that... explain getting burned,, or email me or IM me on this,,, so I have an understanding... I don't the whole story and probably don't need to know,, but interested... When I open a business I look for people to grow within it,, I want fun,, laughter,,and enjoyment,, you can bring this answer to our meeting if you like..

If I don't know then I can not help out.....

I read an earlier post that SAS Management group was to refund money back .. Is this TRUE?

I think by burned he is talking about all these races who spent the time, sweat, tears, and of course money on these cars just to get dropped like a bad habit.... I will admit it I feel burned, but Its not the track I feel burned by its the city for forcing the issue... JMO Mike will need to really clarify what he meant...

Kn1ghtblade

I'm headed your way tomorrow... got a meeting that way....

Not trying to be negative.........but let's hope and pray that isn't the people.

http://elbowsup.donutsdesigns.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8849

Rebel

Is that an actual story,,,

i like walls .just dont like to hit .them ..txenergyman .. you can buy wigs and such or cut off what you have ..go on a diet . besides if i read correctly they would go after tracks already built ..so did you take on a new line ..lol jk .best have a sense of humor ..i do or else i could not put up with myself ..

i like walls .just dont like to hit .them ..txenergyman .. you can buy wigs and such or cut off what you have ..go on a diet . besides if i read correctly they would go after tracks already built ..so did you take on a new line ..lol jk .best have a sense of humor ..i do or else i could not put up with myself ..

OldTimer

You gave me a good laugh this morning.... Thanks

He has a great sense of humor,,,,, Get ready for it....

Another thing you might want to consider...and Im surprised none of the other track have done this... is having an "Elmer Gene". No one can replace the true Elmer Gene but someone like him would be a big asset to the track. When I was young the main reason I wanted to go to the races was to see Elmer Gene. And to watch my dad. Im sure many others remember him as well.

Sorry we were late to the meeting tonight... Woman driver.... I got us lost....I want to Thank the ones I did meet....

As my often better half stated,we enjoyed meeting a few of the drivers and personnel last night,lots of insight and info exchanged. We hope to see all of you and bring more drivers with you!

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT HWY16DRAGS@AOL.COM, TO LET ME KNOW WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK WOULD BE BETTER TO HOLD A MEETING ... I UNDERSTAND WEDNESDAYS AND SATURDAYS ARE NOT GOOD... HOW ABOUT A TUESDAY EVENINGS? EMAIL ME AND WE WILL POST A DAY AND TIME.... THANKS EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY.....

PS: WE NEED TO GET THE RACE GOING.......START THEM ENGINES EMAILING... AND LOOKING OVER YOUR CALENDARS....

Archived