RACING IS NOT DEAD IN S.A.!

Txenergy

I met these folks last night, so yes, they are real people. I had an enjoyable conversation with them for quite a while after the meeting. They couldn't share a lot of details with me last night, but they hope to have something more definite to announce by the time the meeting is scheduled.

I also talked with Terry following the meeting last night. Although he has moved on to a different type of involvement in racing, he asked me to let everyone know that any new or future endeavors have his full support.

And I know that Johnny is also trying hard to put something together. Overall, I left the meeting with a feeling that the topic of this thread is hopefully true . . . Racing is not dead in SA!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE WILL BE HOLDING OUR MEETING AT EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL... WE ARE ASKING FOR ONLY THE DRIVERS, PIT CREWS, AND FAMILIES OF THE DRIVERS AND PIT CREWS... AT THIS TIME .....TO ATTEND THIS MEETING. YOU MUST EMAIL ME WITH YOUR NAME AND HOW MANY WILL ATTEND IN YOUR GROUP, DUE TO THE POLICY AT THE HOTEL FIRE CODE. WE HAVE TO PREPARE WITH THE PROPER SIZE OF MEETING ROOM. ALL THIS INFORMATION WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL.....

WE WILL PROVIDE REFRESHMENTS.....

( ALL DRIVERS ) THAT RACE ANYTHING . FROM YOUTH TO BOATS TO CARS,TRUCKS AND MOTORCYCLES...

Lets talk about the meeting now..

* We are going to provide you with a written agenda of the meeting

* We are going to have a presentation on what we have to offer

* A group discussion

* A question and answer period

* Closing remarks

If you feel left out of the meeting , you need to personally email me so we can discuss this . HWY16DRAGS@AOL.COM

This meeting will last approx. 2 hours...

Please come as a participant, not a bystander....

PLEASE LET OTHER DRIVERS KNOW ABOUT THIS MEETING... SOME MIGHT NOT SEE THIS POSTING...HAVE THEM EMAIL US or PROVIDE THEIR NAME AND GROUP SIZE WITH YOUR EMAIL...

Look forward to seeing everyone there... :)

oldtimer,

I forgot to mention it . . . I introduced them to "bigfat." He behaved himself quite well at the time, so I don't think they got to know the real Jody Wayne! LOL

We met Deb, Mona, Brad and Nick... and short shook hands with Mr. Sutton.....

Txenergy,

I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you at the meeting last night. I know I am forgetful, but I seriously don't remember this. I'm sure it is my loss at not meeting you. I do look forward to meeting you though.

Mona Turner

I wouldn't mind claiming that I'm Brad's mom. Does that mean that I get to spank him when he is bad?

BE MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO. Awesome TAMSBOY. You da man.

Txenergy,

I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you at the meeting last night. I know I am forgetful, but I seriously don't remember this. I'm sure it is my loss at not meeting you. I do look forward to meeting you though.

Mona Turner

Mona

I'm bad.. first time meeting people I thing I got the name wrong,, sorry.

We are getting a big response. I want to Thank all of you that have responded. You will be getting a email invitation soon with the agenda listed. This agenda will be personalized for you, and the people reserved with you. Make sure we have everyones name that is coming with you. We will be entering your names in a drawing as you come in and checking it off the list.

If you have any questions.. email me with them and I will get answers for the meeting night. ( upfront ) We will not answer any questions about financial/money.) We will also print up a list of your questions so everyone has them and they will be on the tables at the meeting.

TXenergy......WOW!!!!!! Amazing how much one misses when one's computer is "OUT TO LUNCH". Great to see positive things on the horizon!! Sorry for much of the negativity you have to work through. Some is warranted, but most is not. As a diehard, enthusiastic racefan I would like to add to your portfolio some of my thoughts and ideas for your proposed motorsports complex. First off, a stand-alone asphalt oval track would be a tough nut to crack. Doubt that HMP would still be operating if not for that little money making 1/8 dragstrip. 1/2 to 5/8 asphalt oval is a must. I'm with CH on this. 1/4 and 3/8 have been done to death. Most of recent tracks are at least 1/2 mile. Two of the newer prototypical tracks are Irvine, Cal. and Mansfield, Ohio. Irvine is progressive banking with four wide racing and plenty of passing. Mansfield is a wide 1/2 mile with plenty of racing room and it is fast. Low 17's for SLM. I certainly think that a 1/4 mile inside track is a must. Gives Bandolero, Legend, and Allison Legacy cars a great venue. Driver develpment is the key to long term success. A separate 1/8 mile for the quarter-midget crowd would really top things off. Most of all, a really fast and competetive 1/2-5/8 mile track would lend itself to attracting some of the upper echelons of racing series. (ASA, Hooters Pro Cup and others of that nature). Now that we've spent all this money on asphalt oval track racing lets continue on. 1/8 mile dragstrip would lend itself well to the the complex. No need for 1/4 mile as we have one of the best in the country right here. Both in track and management!!! Let's not forget our brothers on dirt. They deserve a really class facility to strut their stuff. 3/8 mile would give them all they want. Plus possibly attract ASCS and Supra. That would be a hoot!! Maybe a big IMCA meet. Next on the agenda is a place for the sports car enthusiasts to show their wares and skills on a closed road course (instead of in the streets) You won't believe how many car clubs there are to utilize that kind of facility. Last but not least, plenty of motorcycles need a place to play. Obviously, not all this can come to fruition all at once,but it should certainly be part of the grand plan. Thanks for giving drivers, car owners, crews and family members, and all Texas race fans hope for the forseeable future. PS: pencil me in for the top row next to T-D.

swamp buggy track ..or one that you can run boats on ..i like those boats that zizag .bad to the bone ..how aboult a baha track .... driffting track to go with all those other tracks .now if someone had endless flows of moooooooooolllllllalaaaalalalallallallaaaaa .with all that you couldnt go wrong .be the talk of the world .......poeple would come from all over and you can charge just like six flags .....just with free parking dont want you to be greedy like those other places .that always makes me mad .rip off .....so i dont go there .oh and dont forget the fifty and sixty typ consesion ...... roller skates and all .shoot almost forgot them also .and bikes .endless ..now i will wake up from my dream .

I've always thought these tracks were missing the boat by not having a pit garage area (Gasoline Alley-IMS) and renting space to racers who want to keep their cars there. Let me have that action----I'll build the building and collect the rent----OH! and put in a Smileys store at the same location so racers don't have to drive all over looking for parts. :D

dont forget the shop space for rent at the track. That will make it easy on people.

I didn't forget.. ;)

I've always thought these tracks were missing the boat by not having a pit garage area (Gasoline Alley-IMS) and renting space to racers who want to keep their cars there. Let me have that action----I'll build the building and collect the rent----OH! and put in a Smileys store at the same location so racers don't have to drive all over looking for parts. :D

Hray,,

Beat you to it,,, ;)

I would suggest going to a race at HMP and see how the Bakers have their track set up and how they do things.Do I agree with everything he does;NO!Is his track successfull;YES.Graham is a very savy bussiness man who listens to the racers and then does what he thinks is best for the racing and track in general.Again he don't try to please everyone and I think thats a big key. :D

Archived