RACING IS NOT DEAD IN S.A.!

Txenergy

Racing in San Antonio may not be DEAD; as we all know the future of racing is always built on the PAST.

Building on the SAS past to create a future motorplex that includes a NASCAR sanctioned oval track, a NHRA Drag Strip, a plain down and dirty oval dirt track, including a classic car museum, a racing memborabila diner and license daycare to complete this family and driver entertainment complex. IS THIS SOMETHING SAN ANTONIO WILL SUPPORT. We are planning a meeting in the next month, we strongly desire input from drivers and fans. EVERYONE START YOUR ENGINES......

Please contact us Hwy16drags@aol.com....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would suggest contacting and attending the meeting at Harmons BBQ in Cibolo at 7:00 Wednesday night,also contact rookie49 on this forum.

We will be more than happy to attend, however, our plans are to keep racing in San Antonio.

What a blessing! How can we help?

We are asking drivers and fans for suggestions and input. This is for the racing sport , NOT the mighty dollar profit.

We will be more than happy to attend, however, our plans are to keep racing in San Antonio.

Did not realize that Cibolo was that far away..............................

It ain't any further out of San Antonio than Hwy 16 was.

Just my opinion, but I think if everyone proposing something would combine efforts, it would advance much farther than 2 or 3 splintered groups.

Tom, from way out there in Schertz.

Just my opinion, but I think if everyone proposing something would combine efforts, it would advance much farther than 2 or 3 splintered groups.

...and if Cibolo has a mayor that is willing to help rather than fight local racing, things are looking pretty bright down there.

...and if Cibolo has a mayor that is willing to help rather than fight local racing, things are looking pretty bright down there.

We Commend the Mayor of Cibolo for his interest in a Race Speedway. However as we stated that Racing belongs in San Antonio as history dictates. I for one grew up with SMOKING ALAMO DRAGWAY AND THE SPEEDWAY. Hearing that on the radio stations waiting for a Saturday night to hear the engines and lighttree go down, the feeling was there and that needs to be brought back for the old times. For the future of young drivers and family who all lived and enjoyed that feeling.

First off, I am for anything that will replace a lost track.

But you seem to insist that the track is in San Antonio. That is fine, We really don't care whereit is, but you posted a drag atrip, 2 ovals, a diner, and a museum.

I would be interested in knowing where in San Antonio you are going to find that much land that affordable, is not already on a land-use plan for something else, or is distanced enough from potential neighbors that noise will not be a problem. Don't forget the crying if it over the aquifer.

Remember, Mayor Johnny is not proposing "Cibolo International Speedway". We all know the name value associated with what you call the track.

You indicate in one of your posts that you may have the ability to pull this off; if so, go for it. I hope it happens. But I believe that if both groups here were to join forces, you would have the political experience of Mayor Sutton to work that side of the project.

Political? In San Antonio? you better be well connected, or have lots of bribe money. If those S.A. politicians are not behind your project, it won't happen. That is not being negative, it is merely the state of business these days. This is where Johnny can help a project such as yours get past the City Hall issues.

Remember, Smoking Alamo dragway and San Antonio Speedway were never in San Antonio.

And again, I am not negative here, just stating issues that anyone will face in building a new track.

I am in agreement as to I dont care where its at as long as its close by... It could be in Cibilo, Elmendorf, Martinez, La Vernia, La Coste, Von Army, ect... Point being those are all still concidered in San Antonio!!!!! As long as its an hour or less drive from downtown its got my vote, so that includes one hell of an area... LoL LoL

knight build it in cc ..lol .. somewhere near the loop is fine with me ..we will race from way down here in cc ..... now all you sa guys wont have asfar to drive as we ....but know prob if we can have fun ...talk aboult racen in sas .just drive on loop 410 should

get your fill .....and btw ..if your going to build a new track .best to build it where the tax base is lower .and you can grandfather the track ..check the population in that area .see what age group lives out there .and so forth .projected growth ...

If I am not mistaken San Antonio annexed some of the land along I-10 in the 80's,which seems to be the best area at present due to access and land availability. Keep in mind the city would rather have 5,000 homes paying taxes rather then one race track and a few farmers. It would be nice to put it in a industrial area surrounded by several large warehouse type buildings,but I am sure the property would be cost prohibitive. I hope the plan can happen soon though.

If I am not mistaken San Antonio annexed some of the land along I-10 in the 80's,which seems to be the best area at present due to access and land availability. Keep in mind the city would rather have 5,000 homes paying taxes rather then one race track and a few farmers. It would be nice to put it in a industrial area surrounded by several large warehouse type buildings,but I am sure the property would be cost prohibitive. I hope the plan can happen soon though.

I would be interested in the location if you have it. We do have property on hold. That does sound like a plan. Thanks :)

I allways said if you drive down 10 from Seguin twards 1604, there is land everywhere and even more so off 10 just a tad, could draw houston, cc,austin, Thr, cars as well as SA cars.

Thanks , We are looking that direction since it was brought up to us, and out Hwy 37 S.

:D

Archived