RACING IS NOT DEAD IN S.A.!

Txenergy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you build your complex,place the dirt track far enough away from the dragstrip that on the dryslick nites the dust doesnt blow over and land on the strip,it causes havoc with traction compound,and adhesion with slicks suffers.Usually not a problem in cooler weather,but summer time in texas,north side placement of strip so south breezes blow it the other way helps some.If they're not racing at same time,no problem,except when you do go to use the strip,you spend alot of time removing all the dust build up on the track surface.

hurricane hunter Posted Today, 07:56 AM

a bizness women, a mayer and a drunken old goat........now that would be a team

Heck, I see the makins of a great movie here.

txenergy, please keep us posted on the meeting. I will be in cibolo on Wednesday and would attend your meeting also. Information, folks, we just need information. Till we get it, don't go off half baked.

Personally, I don't think I will spend any more energy on keeping my hopes up on SAS being resurected, not even to finish the season. Sad as it is that it is closed, it is time to move on.

JMO

a bizness women, a mayer and a drunken old goat........now that would be a team :huh:

WHO IS THE DRUNKEN GOAT????????????

a bizness women, a mayer and a drunken old goat........now that would be a team :huh:

Looks like I might as well give up. I can't compete with the hardheadedness of the other 2. :D

ROOKIE 49,,, don't throw in your towel.... cause I'm not hardheaded.. Just demanding....LOL

when you build your complex,place the dirt track far enough away from the dragstrip that on the dryslick nites the dust doesnt blow over and land on the strip,it causes havoc with traction compound,and adhesion with slicks suffers.Usually not a problem in cooler weather,but summer time in texas,north side placement of strip so south breezes blow it the other way helps some.If they're not racing at same time,no problem,except when you do go to use the strip,you spend alot of time removing all the dust build up on the track surface.

Tommy,,, You will see how everything is setup when we have our meeting, and we will go from there...

OK, I stood in the background while everyone was replying and wondering and joking and even hoping about what txenergy brought to the plate of "racing in San Antonio",as you can see by my screen name,Im her other half. We are not here to compete,put down or give false hope to anyone on racing staying in SA. Someone hit it right about "having their ducks in a row". That we do have,at no time have we asked for ideas on how to raise money or ways to save SAS, so really our "our" concern was driver and fan input for an ideal environment. Has anyone owning or building a speedway ever ask for input from the very people who risk their lives to enjoy a hobby or be it profession? Also the comfort and safety of fans to enjoy the experience so much,that they want to come back again and again? WELL WE ARE ASKING! Again no where in this statement is "how can i make a buck off these drivers and fans?" So,asking for names or demands of us is not what we want to hear or discuss, we want concerns,grumps and ideas, and when we have our meeting this will be the main subject. We look forward to meeting everyone in the near future. And by the way,she ISNT a redhead,i assure you... :D

Tommy,

I like what you are saying, that is what I wanted to hear,,INPUT... for the goal of the drivers... give more ideas..

Thanks ;)

Basically don't put the pits to the dirt track or track next to the drag strip,I had ba visions of a drag car jumping the wall and ripping thru the dirt track pits back then. Think of adding go carts and quarter midgets to the mix to involve more families.

Basically don't put the pits to the dirt track or track next to the drag strip,I had ba visions of a drag car jumping the wall and ripping thru the dirt track pits back then. Think of adding go carts and quarter midgets to the mix to involve more families.

Yes,,,, we have look into that,,, Great Idea.... for all youths.... even looking into motortrack and peewee racing for a family level ,,,, little boys love to see daddy racing and daddy can watch him grow to race.... and little girls love speed also.....

TXENERGY,

You hunt, fish and like racing! My next question was going to be if you would marry me. Just kidding. I see your already married. Looking foward to meeting with you guys. Thanks for what your doing and taking interest in racing in this area. Could you put up a Bristle type half mile? High banks and hallin a$$!

Thanks again

Hi everyone,

I have had a relationship with a couple who have helped the Automotive Technology Program at St. Philip's College. They have been working on a first class racing facility in San Antonio for years. I am hoping they are Mr. and Mrs. Txenergy. If they are, I can assure you, we are dealing with some fine people. They have the background and resources to put this track together right. Their motivation is strickly a love of racing. I hope we can support them and help them achieve their goals.

Hi everyone,

I have had a relationship with a couple who have helped the Automotive Technology Program at St. Philip's College. They have been working on a first class racing facility in San Antonio for years. I am hoping they are Mr. and Mrs. Txenergy. If they are, I can assure you, we are dealing with some fine people. They have the background and resources to put this track together right. Their motivation is strickly a love of racing. I hope we can support them and help them achieve their goals.

Please invite them to the meeting.

You want ideas? ........... I've got lots of those when it comes to race tracks. Been around 'um for many years. ...................... AND, their all free. :)

Yes would love ideas.... you can email them or post here,,, hwy16drags@aol.com

Thanks

I AGREE ABOUT HAVING SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS TO BE INVOLVED IN. MY DAUGHTER IS 7 AND SHE HAS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT SHE WANTS TO RACE WHEN SHE GETS A LITTLE OLDER. JUST BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYES.

Rookie,,

It's all about family, racing,, and fans......

I AGREE ABOUT HAVING SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS TO BE INVOLVED IN. MY DAUGHTER IS 7 AND SHE HAS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT SHE WANTS TO RACE WHEN SHE GETS A LITTLE OLDER. JUST BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYES.

Rookie,,

It's all about family, racing,, and fans......

My daughter started racing this year. They have a class at 105 speedway called Jr Mini Stocks. They start there and at Heart O' Texas at age 12. Just another idea

Archived