Turns Out that "Hi-Tech" was Right...., Factory Stocks are coming to HMP !!!

metroracer

As Member Hi-Tech had Predicted a while back that the New HMP Promoter "Will" bring in the Factory Stocks to compete at HMP sooner or later.....

I personally "Scoffed at", "Dreaded", & "Totally Dis-Agree With"  that Idea at best...

But I am seeing now that HMP is Pursuing that Deal, and is Formally giving a shout out & a welcome For Factory Stocks to come and compete at the next race at HMP September 23....

I don't know if that will be a one off type of race, or to be a Regular racing class there at HMP in the future....

I guess time will tell....

Edited by metroracer

i was right for a change lol .. when u add  owens  at your track  who  runs two dirt  tracks it isnt hard  to bet   against  it happening ..   that class in one the biggest  around ..  and we know  many many drivers have raced at cc speedway  kyle  sas   .snow ball dirby  // and the like  ... the class is on slicks  .so why not  .. being many of us have ran on slicks for years  before  we went to dirt  is a plus against those who only ran those tires on dirt .. when we went to slicks  we got some funny looks from drivers who saw us checking tire temps  ...... . ... ..  i think it would be a fun night  for the drivers and the fans .. way to go hmp

• metroracer changed the title to Turns Out that "Hi-Tech" was Right...., Factory Stocks are coming to HMP !!!

THE  7 car has not race all season  ..the owner has been doing some other things . needed done  .. . .but the timing  of  this race  fits right in .. just freshened the motor up today  ,first time working on  this car sense last season .. .. being  old  paved  racers   we are excited for the first time this year to put the car on the track  .... .. . jessie  and i talked about  setting the car up for houston  .. i think we have what we need   ... least  of all it would be fun  to burn some rubber   see some heat built up on those slicks  that helps the tires stick .. heating them up  on dirt isnt all that great when dirt is going  stick  to them . 

12 hours ago, HiTech said:

THE  7 car has not race all season  ..the owner has been doing some other things . needed done  .. . .but the timing  of  this race  fits right in .. just freshened the motor up today  ,first time working on  this car sense last season .. .. being  old  paved  racers   we are excited for the first time this year to put the car on the track  .... .. . jessie  and i talked about  setting the car up for houston  .. i think we have what we need   ... least  of all it would be fun  to burn some rubber   see some heat built up on those slicks  that helps the tires stick .. heating them up  on dirt isnt all that great when dirt is going  stick  to them . 

that's All Good Mr. Mike....   But I sure would check with Mr. Owen to see if they are going to Allow those 10" F-45 Hoosiers,  HMP runs 8" American Racer Asphalt Slicks.....   I don't know,  But I sure would check that out before I made the Trip.   Better to be safe than sorry...  Hope info helps...

1 hour ago, metroracer said:

that's All Good Mr. Mike....   But I sure would check with Mr. Owen to see if they are going to Allow those 10" F-45 Hoosiers,  HMP runs 8" American Racer Asphalt Slicks.....   I don't know,  But I sure would check that out before I made the Trip.   Better to be safe than sorry...  Hope info helps...

Facebook page Owen said F-45 pull offs for Factory Stocks.

15 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

It's true y'all, I'd been told to keep my mouth shut until the time was right. pull offs, bring em drivers let's make this one hell of a show. 

what we have is pull offs ,, and that is what will be on the car .. be insane to ask  this class to come to  this track having to buy a different set of tires to race there  self defeating .. .......   this was mentioned last season if it happened  nothing will  change just bring the car as it is and go for it ..  .. looking forward  being  there having some fun ..

• 3 weeks later...

forget Souther Premier, HMO Oval is the one to follow on the FB. $800 to fin for the Factory's on the pavement. Load em up, blow up the tires and let 'em fly. This is the stock class we have been looking for . But, read the rules... this isn't bring your paved car, these are dirt track race cars. 

19 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

forget Souther Premier, HMO Oval is the one to follow on the FB. $800 to fin for the Factory's on the pavement. Load em up, blow up the tires and let 'em fly. This is the stock class we have been looking for . But, read the rules... this isn't bring your paved car, these are dirt track race cars. 

They're the same page.  SPRS was rebranded HMP Oval so folks wouldn't have to hunt stuff down after Alverson was removed.

Hopefully some cars turn out.  

3 hours ago, arob said:

Help me here. Are asphalt pull offs good for dirt and too worn for asphalt generally speaking?

just luck of the draw on tires  rob ..  ..  . i think the futher south in texas    the tires are not as good ..  when so many buy them all over the place up north and east  . the pic of the best  litter does not  make down here as much .. we have a set of used tires  for houston .. all were ran  but some look like maybe end of race  or  practice  ..stagger isnt all that great but it is what it is .. .  being its been a while running on paved   we do not know how the car will handle there .. these cars  were not built for it .. all the flexing  off sets and so  on  shocks and sway bars will put u through the test ..  and with so little extra tires we dont have .. ur best hope the car is decent and can adjust it fast with out using up  those tires u will need for the feature ,, i dont know how many dirt drivers have raced on  paved but i would say  the biggest part of them have .. lucky  for us we have  many many years .. and the driver knows what not to do ..plus he raced there a time or two along time ago  .., the car  is the unknown //either way  we plan to  have fun  burning those tires up  most wont be any good for dirt i bet after . .. . when i built  a car for me back in the day  it took me two years   .. when asked all the time is it a  SHOW CAR  OR RACECAR...  i said no matter what it will look good doing  what ever  i do with it .. look good sitting there .look good winning . look good wrecking  or look good dead last but it will look good ..period .. and we plan on having fun no matter  

12 hours ago, arob said:

Thanks for the reply. My concern is those who show up racing with worn out pull offs may make for touchy racing. Have fun but be careful.

wet tracks on slicks make it touchy .. so nothing new for dirt racers ..the problem i am afraid of is losing grip  during the later stage of the race ..  i do not know that track at all  never been there or seen a race there .. jesse has and i wont say it on here but racing that track like u do  at another track  we know of works great .. i hope the car is a tad lose early and comes on  from half way on .. but  that  race is short  and might be having to run hard .. who knows i dont ..  i will be doing alot of tire   temp readings .

MISSED the  camber setup  alittle  .and maybe just a tad to low on tire pressure for the feature  been awhile setting up  for pavement leaned really hard on the right front  . car stuck like glue  fact to good  it put more strain on the motor bogging  it down.off  the turns three year old motor  . ...  i needed to free it up just a tad like practice friday when it realy came off the turns with more speed  .  ..in the track  to  hard  binding  up the car sorta speek  .. . . reminded me when  our dirt track gets tacky  on those ten inch tires   really loads the cars down .  scrubs alot of speed off and u see alot of hot motors  during  and after the race ..alot of rear bight on that car  left side was right on the rules ... rear percent was close.  loved the spring set up ...if we make it back for october  i will need to work that right front camber issue out ..  and give the motor some love .other wise we had a  great time  brought back  a ton of memories cost a few bucks  saw some old friends  just a blast from the past  after nearly  7 years  of farm racing ..hope we can get back in october ..  .AND it was nice to make a rear gear change  aka whole rear end  with out muddeling in dirt .. .sorta look clean  when we were done ..

3 minutes ago, HiTech said:

MISSED the  camber setup  alittle  .and maybe just a tad to low on tire pressure for the feature  been awhile setting up  for pavement leaned really hard on the right front  . car stuck like glue  fact to good  it put more strain on the motor bogging  it down.off  the turns three year old motor  . ...  i needed to free it up just a tad like practice friday when it realy came off the turns with more speed  .  ..in the track  to  hard  binding  up the car sorta speek  .. . . reminded me when  our dirt track gets tacky  on those ten inch tires   really loads the cars down .  scrubs alot of speed off and u see alot of hot motors  during  and after the race ..alot of rear bight on that car  left side was right on the rules ... rear percent was close.  loved the spring set up ...if we make it back for october  i will need to work that right front camber issue out ..  and give the motor some love .other wise we had a  great time  brought back  a ton of memories cost a few bucks  saw some old friends  just a blast from the past  after nearly  7 years  of farm racing ..hope we can get back in october ..  .AND it was nice to make a rear gear change  aka whole rear end  with out muddeling in dirt .. .sorta look clean  when we were done ..

First time in years didnt have to wash the car  dust off the jeans  clean the tools  .lol..blow out the trailer ..eating  your food with out that added crunch /

guys pavement racing, blow those tires up. Run em low on the LS.. Oct 21 we are bringing them back. I need 20 cars and y'all can be the show. I'm gonna get some $ in this purse too. Tell your friends and enemies to show up. Oct 21.. show up quit asking what happens next you have a chance. 

Edited by RodneyRodriguez

6 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

guys pavement racing, blow those tires up. Run em low on the LS.. Oct 21 we are bringing them back. I need 20 cars and y'all can be the show. I'm gonna get some $ in this purse too. Tell your friends and enemies to show up. Oct 21.. show up quit asking what happens next you have a chance. 

just to come to listen to you   is worth it rod ..  tell u dirt trackers  it was fun ..  used tires were not an issue .  we still have three of the tires on  the car that can race again  ..the right front blistered  becuase of two things ..  camber and to low tire pressure that was on me ..  the track gave  us from 3 pm to 9 pm  to work the cars in /... u do not have to destroy your car to race that track .. . .we changed springs  that most dirt cars have on them already .. . we did not add or take any weight  out of the car  fact it helped leaving it  ..we had no more stagger or less than what we run on dirt . what the average tires come out too .. we took only six  . with us .. ... practiced and ran  on the same four we sarted out with ..  other than  the right front as i mentioned we can run the same tires again  .no fall off ..