Not a great fan of the next-gen car

arob

6 hours ago, HiTech said:

WIERD how an explosive car became a great little racecar  

Many folks asked us why  we raced those cars .. Seeing the history ,,those cars got a bad rap with fords bad design.. the tanks two   strap bolts behnd the bumper  were aimed right at the tank . did not take much of a rear inpack to force them into the tank they fixed that  issue  i think 1977 models  .the mustang two  if u wanted to call it a mustang had the same issue ....  we ended up with about 35plus of those pinto's  over the 80s and 90s  last one we built was somehwere around 08or so   and its still round ... nick once told me  probably the first  little car that ford built  had the best front suspention for racing ..the mustang two suspention that  are sold for hot rods . was  the pintos design .. they just would not call it pinto for reasons we know .. .. if u have a pinto  laying around that could be rebuilt  let me . i want to put one back on the streets modified .. 

• 2 weeks later...

it took decades to get the old car to were it was.  It funny how people except the new car to be perfect out of the gate.  they will work out the issues with the cars in time as the always do.  also the teams have a lot more influence on these new cars that people want to believe.  there are several parts that the teams and change or rebuild (like the steering racks).  also the teams had and have a say so in where the parts come from.  its not nascar making all the decisions.   

On 9/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, RodneyRodriguez said:

I'm glad they hate it, if Logano, Hamlin, etc were winning all the races people would call it boring. The 3, 43 and 17 cars are winners. This cars should be called the Equalizer.

While I'm happy to see a more even playing field, that doesn't make the kit-car credible.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, Nathan said:

it took decades to get the old car to were it was.  It funny how people except the new car to be perfect out of the gate.  they will work out the issues with the cars in time as the always do.  also the teams have a lot more influence on these new cars that people want to believe.  there are several parts that the teams and change or rebuild (like the steering racks).  also the teams had and have a say so in where the parts come from.  its not nascar making all the decisions.   

Then they should have refined it more before FORCING teams to use it......Just like the MANDATED rev limiter and gear ratios......Though I'm sure happy about those results.🤣...And, ummmm, yes NA$CAR IS making all the decisions.

they didn't force anything.  I heard numerous interviews from owners that have said they asked for this car.  same with numerous interviews from nascar.  listen to Justin marks. he will tell you all you need to know about the decision being made and how this car is the only reason that he and micheal  jordan have teams.  

There is nothing cheap about this car, and there never will be. These teams are putting these cars together with clenched fist becaus they see ways to make it so much better but can't touch the parts. Reb is right, NASCAR is running the show, and it shows. 

ok you can believe what you want.  I just don't understand why we care about the cost.  we don't pay for it.  Justin Marks will tell you different on the cost.  also the can put them together with " clenched fist" all they want but if the teams were making the parts they would cost double to triple the price. 

Also this is NASCAR show.  it is NASCAR cup series not team "what ever" series.  Nascar mandates the rules no different than IMCA, USRA, NHRA, IRL, F1 or any of the other Sanctioning body that exist.  So yes its their rules.  its the same in Xfinity and Truck.  Those 2 can't just do what they want.  they have to do what's in the rules.  If the teams don't want to put together these "kit cars" they don't have to.  the can go be part of a different series.  Most teams were upset when they pushed the roll out of the new car back a year because they had set their budgets for the next year and had to redo them because it cost more to run the old car.  I heard that from live interviews from several executives from different teams ( RCR,JGR, Hendrick).   Every part that they used to produce for the old car had to be approved.  So give me a break that NASCAR just now is calling the shots.  Apparently there are things that the teams can do.  Most of the steering issues at Bristol were on toyotas. most of the tire issues were on fords.  yes there were some others but they weren't the majority.  

He said that Toyota has been dealing with stability issues with their engines when its drivers hit the NASCAR-mandated rev limiter. 

NASCAR's mandated gear ratios have been a test for teams and drivers throughout the 2022 season with the new Cup Series car.

https://sports.yahoo.com/toyota-president-kyle-buschs-darlington-and-bristol-engine-problems-had-something-in-common-144125691.html