Total Cost Per Season

direct-flo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd call it very high.

.............money is money no matter were it comes from , sponsors or your pocket.......

rough estimant....2005- 300$ a race @ 12 races...

2006 - we ran limited schedule , so it does'nt count.

Horse 300 a race musta been a different tire cuz needed at least two tires a race this year sometimes four last year it cost me abot 1500 less thats 3 sets of tires less last year than this. i would like to see a good tire come back in our series, but it is what it is. also i had to put together a new engine this year and is included in my expendetures. you are right my primary sponsor gave me 300 a race and all the rest of my sponsors went into maintinance and an engine and two sets of tires at the spectacular.

another way to save a bundle of money is to change the driver!!! { 2005 season } TWO MOTORS,FOUR RIMS, TWO SETS OF TIRES, TWO DRIVE SHAFTS and ended my season as a owner by fliping it upsidedown in the king of the hill race. {2006 season} As a owner /driver 9th in points NO WRECKS ,ONLY FINISHED ONCE BELOW 5th, had a whole lot of fun and from the purses I BROKE EVEN. But I did have a very bored pit crew Ops Terry did run into the back of my race car with his school bus after the suitcase race so I guess I had 1 wreck

The total cost would have been alot less if it was not for the body parts and axel. Even though nobody wants to wreck, I guess you have to plan on some kind of damage repair.

Thanks for the replys...I hope all of you are able to hit the track next year.

Tom

depends on how well you wanna finish. they'd drop off time wise very quick in comparison to other tires we've ran......SAS , atleast outside tires every race , and every race is only 50 laps.

THR you could get away with trying to run them again , but without others having bad luck you probably would'nt finish in the top 4 or 5.

............and if you lay on the right rear one time , your a fish out of water for a few laps until it decides to come back to you , after which the tire is junk and now longer useful to even practice on.

if we would have run the full season this year , we probably could have bought another crate motor for what we would have spend on tires.

• 1 month later...

They grouped the legacy cars with some other classes

Any other Hobby, S.S., Sportsman, LM etc. drivers

to run an ascs 2 night show about $2500.oo a weekend ,,, a truck race in texas about $900.oo a night if you dont break nothing ...johnny kellough ,hooters racing

Thanks

what does a wing cost?

lloyld those are the smaller cars with the smaller motors .with the smaller chassis .which are smaller than our small cars which dont have those heavy smaller than big car motors with racen cams .so THE vibrations are smaller ..now doES that make sence .SMALL BRAIN . :D

AND YOU DIDNT KNOW ALL THOSE MOVIES ARE FILMED ON A ROLLING TRAILOR .

I am amazed at some of the avg cost and time involved....

Our race car cost us around 8k to build.

Avg spent a week is around 200 including pit fee for 3...

We run on avg. 20+ races a yr. and in 05 we built two cars due to major crash

and in 05 we also went through 6 trannies, 6 drive shafts, trouble with head leaking cost

a lot extra money. ....had new heads cut, pushrods kept jumping off...

in other words, it was a trying season...

We run a 1/2 mile dirt track in an entry level class.

My brother, the driver, has had several different sponsors over the past few years

but this year it will all be on him and of course me so I hope for a good season

without tranny troubles and without major crashes!

Archived