Total Cost Per Season

direct-flo

racingnut

check our schedule out and come out to our first race at THR.

speaking from my point of view only(I'm biased), I spend next to no time at all during the week. I have won races and feel I run pretty well. Come out and sit in the car, hang around, see what you think.

Tom

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

biowillie fuel-wonder how much his diesel sells for-some of that veggie diesel hes promoting-getting now where every fuel on the the menu at the gas station is in the $2+ range and climbing-i know it makes you sick when you fill up at $60-70 a pop-dont leave much for beer

• 1 month later...

never rented the track.....went out and messed around once.

Tire dope? soaking is illegal in our series.

Maintenance on hauler? last year I added a board.

Shop rent? garage included in house payment.

3 to 4 sets of puddle jumpers. I used 2.5 sets last year

Tom

no, but when i ran in another series.some guys did.they ran traction control before it was legal,doped tires.now in that series no dope, only 6 tires a race,no tracktion control. i run in the tams series now.havent heard of any traction control stuff yet. some guys buy 2or3 sets of tires a race.dope for now is legal.there has been a few whorented the tracks we race at.they have the money . i love racing but i love my wife and little girl more.

Like ARTS 22 said, hotel,tow fuel, race fuel,entry fee, pit passes for friday and saturday,food and drink's @ ccms last weekend....set me back personaly 600.00...and we had to travel about half the distance those guy's did...

It's fun,and I will keep doing it as long as my wife doesnt blow a gasket :lol::lol:

btw--new door on truck,new wheel,lettering,labor to fix it...thank god i don't have to pay for the DUPONT paint...

The reason I race the Legacy's is the fact that we do not race every weekend. Once you get into a Allison car, the cost can be very low.

Like you, my wife and family come first. She likes this series because it affords me more time to spend with the family & is light on the pocket book. We may go 3 weeks or more between races.

• 2 weeks later...
How often does a TPS motor have to be rebuilt during a season how much does it cost

There really is no such thing as "a TPS motor." Just take a look at any TPS results sheet. TPS teams run everything from air-cooled VWs to highly modified Esslinger Ford engines. There a quite a few Scirocco/Rabbit engines, but they vary greatly in displacement and compression from team to team.

It would be impossible to give a general answer to your question. It really depends on the make and what parts/compression/heads the team elected to use in their engines.

In general, it's a pretty safe bet that routine TPS engine maintenence is fairly low compared to most classes.

Nick Holt

Archived