Total Cost Per Season

direct-flo

Just curious what it cost to make every race. (you, 2 crew, car)

Race ready car cost?

Pit fees?

Race fuel?

Oil?

Gears (per track)?

Tire cost?

what about other costs:

Rebuilt engines?

Springs?

Misc?

Road Runners, Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, Sportsman

Thanks.

Tom

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Direct-flo

That's money to keep the car running through the season...

Race fuel- $4.25/gallon @ 10 gallons per weekend =$42.50

5 Crew Passes & 1 Driver Pass- 6 Passes @ $25.00 =$150.00

Tires- 2 a week @ $106.00 =$215.00

Saturday Night Short Track Racing At THR =Priceless :D:D:D

There ya go...

TQ your saying im wrong? How so please explain to me what you think a race team spends to run a romco race........ dont for get to fill the car up and change all the fluids chaged after the event buddy. this is called prevenative maintance so you wont spend big bucks fixing something that wasnt maintained properly.

J.C

I would love to hear from any and all drivers-or ones that foot the racing bills..

car cost...* what it may cost you to buy one(middle of the pack)and race

COST TO MAKE EACH RACE:

pit passes X ?

fuel?

other racing fluids?

tires?

EXTRA COSTS:

repairs

motor rebuild

SHOP TIME (to prepare for saturday night):

do you work on it at night?

how many nights?

how long each night?

Thanks

Tom

fuel - 4.25 X gallons = ruffly 100 dollars easy depends on laps and practice

pit passes - 25 or 26 depends on track X atleast 3 (ROMCO) 1 driver 2 crew(min.) = 75

Entry Fee - 125

fuel to track diesel - 2.00 a gallon is cheap for most of 2004 X 2 fort worth to kyle and back = 140

oils and filter = 12 quarts X 5.00 + 10 = 70

grease for hubs -10

Nitrogen - 18 per bottle we used 2 for each race easy with purging and air tools = 36

tires 4 X 122.20 = 488.80

time(money) missed from work ????????????

Hotel room - 1 room is like pretty much with taxes 70-100 easily anywhere you go.

food - you know you eat it you did a 35 person limit a day 1 day show has you at 105 per day with 3 people.

drinks for the cooler - i find myself spending more than 50 for gatoraide and water so lets say 75 if you wants a few cold one after a hard days work.

Hey TQ did you wreck or sratch anything last week? Got to fix it for the SPONSORS.......

i have right around 1,300 a race X 15 races = 19,500 with out wrecking or breaking anything.

This is just a short list then if you pay someone to work, or you stay for more than 1 day or you wreck then what? is that free? I simply said that you needed to be in the top three to break even or make it easy on the pocket book.

You have motor maintance every so often, what about that trick of the week? you need some springs shocks, sway bars???

TQ it isnt as easy as you think it is, why you think the car counts were down last year? It wasnt becuase people didnt have the heart it was becuase people just plain couldnt afford it..

I think im close,

Thanks

J.C

PS i see SS teams with more than 3 crew memebers so i know theres more expenses that what i have listed.

PSS i curious to see what you meant earlier TQ J/W

DIRECT FLOW i have a 6 page check list i can fax to you to look over if youd like it is the maitance check list i used when i raced in 2001 for HANSEN Motorsports and it is the same one i use today on my customers cars.

J.C

Tom,

If I figured it up, I'd probably quit! And that's just us little local guys!! However,

I will try to figure it up for you...You guys on the big scale....whew! lotsa $$

Rick

Archived