Total Cost Per Season

direct-flo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom,

The Dwarf Car engine is typically a 1980's Yamaha FJ1200cc, 4 cylinder. These engines are pretty durable and reliable. I would say that the majority of the engines running regularly are trouble free. I have had engines last 2 seasons without trouble, and I've seen them blow up the first night out. Overall, you don't spend much time under the hood.

Dave

Racerx,

An RTA (Limited Modified) car can be a very affordable race car to oparate. Cost of tires is the largest cost. On dirt running Hoosier tires you would buy a new tire about every third to fourth week cost $85.00. Motor can run from $1500 to $5,000. You can run it for an entire season or 2??? Depends on how you take care of it. On ashpalt I put 200 laps on the RR before I took it off. The left side should go around 400 laps(American Racer). Cost $79.95 each. The tire did not fall off from start to finish. Gas is around 5 gal. for 50 laps. Pump gas. I have run the same clutch & trans (3 speed) for 3 years. Still works fine. Can change gears in rear end for around $50.00 (used gears) can also change gears by changing trans ($75 to $100 per trans). All in all a Limited is VERY cost effective to run. On the average I would spend about one night a week working on the car unless I wrecked or broke something.

2wide,

I go thru maybe 10 tires a year (total). I think the beauty of these cars is the suspension...To me its more about a car that is handling thru the turns than it is about having new rubber.

it does take a bit more time for the tires to come in if they have alot of laps on them. If you have a tire sponsor buy 14 sets, I got in this series because it does not cost an arm and a leg.

with that said, when I hit the track with my worn tires I am not just riding around. When that green flag waves I am not thinking about my tires...I have tweaked the car to compensate for the old puddle jumpers. I am a racer, all I am thinking about is the checkered flag (in my hand).

Thanks

Tom

I hear ya' Tom. It's all about the corners.

I've been running the same set of tires for almost three years.

Talk about puddle jumpers.

I was just asking cause I pitted next to a Legacy driver at C.C.M.S.

And that's what he told me. He offered to sell me the set on his car

after the races that night.

I bet my little Dwarf would fly with those things on.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I have learned its not about 4 or 8 cylinders, has nothing to do with how little or how much we spend. It has everything to do with what we love most.

In any series or class you can spend a little or alot, whether you want that championship or just thankfull to be racing.

Regardless the cost, we will always be racers.

Good luck to everyone in 2005

Tom H

• 2 weeks later...

That all depends.

The up front cost may seem high to some....but if you factor in the amount of time you will not have to spend night after night working on the car, or the amount of money you will have to spend to keep up with the Jones's then its not that bad...

PM me for more info.

Thanks

Tom

directflo

I have looked at the dwarf cars and legends also the texas pro sedans.... they all seem like they would be fun to drive. what is different about the legacy cars. I looked at your schedule and you are racing all over texas and beyond. how hard would it be to make the cars ready for all these different tracks.

I tried to send a pm I may not have done it right.

the only thing really stock on our cars is the motor & trans..someone told me that these cars are like a late model (adjustable coil overs, center link,etc.among other things) they are a 3/4 scale winston/nextel cup car..

pm me,

I can probably get you in a car to take around the track....you decide.

Just like the dwarfs, legends, pro sedans you are going to be racing..and your going to feel it. just pm me and I can give you some more info on the Allison Legacy cars..Lonestar Legacy

Thanks

Tom

racingnut,

you sure can....some of our drivers in our series have ran in our region and traveled to some national events.

check out our schedule this year......we are going all over texas and just beyond... even a road race at Texas World Speedway

You wont race with a better bunch of folks..

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Archived