1st Annual South Texas Nationals - Pure Stock Rules

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a lighter flywheel is the big secret than please some things are better left alone. Either race what you got or change what you need to fit the rules! Guys what will win this race is time in the shop! Its funny of all the guys worried about cars that have never been on that track or raced there when they have home field advantage.

If a lighter flywheel is the big secret than please some things are better left alone. Either race what you got or change what you need to fit the rules! Guys what will win this race is time in the shop! Its funny of all the guys worried about cars that have never been on that track or raced there when they have home field advantage.

Not looking for secrets but planning on building a motor for next year want to know what's legal trying to be within guidelines and of course every little thing you can do adds up.

As far as home field advantage I don't believe in that cause the track and people you are driving with is never te same the only benefit i feel I would be getting is that I don't have to haul a long distance.

We are not really worried about other cars just wanting some rule clarification and light weight is an advantage and if it says no lightweight it would help to have a weight of clutch and or flywheel some steel flywheels are like 14# and less

Sounds to me like Everbody is letting the tech man know where to look on your car how about set your car up to the rules and go with it it's the first time I've ever seen anybody do anything for pures please don't discourage these guys I myself have one request adopt and enforce rule 13 just my opinion we will be there and it's highly unlikely we will make the big show but we will give it our best shot to all the pures from Big Dog Racing good luck And to STP thanks a million for thinking about us!!!

Just think I see race teams have a couple of bad nights and they put everything up for sale If I would have done that We would have been gone the second night we raced our pure

Thanks to all the guys that help us we appreciate it a bunch

Also we a got a new chingaleda it should help!!!

If we find a loophole in these rules prior to the race will address it and announce it. These rules have been relaxed just a bit so drivers can adapt with little no changes and be competitive from many areas.

Please ask if you have a question. If you see a grey area and dont ask then it will be the tech man's decision to determine if your legal or illegal. Tech man has final say.

Car numbers will be first come first get through registration. So get you registration turned in asap. No car number is safe until a paid registration has been turned in and accepted.

Thank you for answering my questions.

I do appreciate y'all doing this for and I'm sorry if I have made it anymore complicated.

As for everybody else saying just to run it I would rather decide whether I'm building a motor that is legal or not I don't want to let tech decide that on the spot and the post say ASK QUESTIONS if you have any so I did

• 2 weeks later...

Yes sir, pay your entry fee have a legal car and have fun. Experienced drivers that we are aware of will have a shorter rope to hang themselves because of their experience verses true pure stock drivers with less experience. Regardless any driver is eligible in all three classes to have fun and to attempt to be crown the South Texas National Pure Stock Winner.

• 2 months later...

Please note a couple small revisions as of Dec 8th.

No aluminum body panels and there will be a maximum 53% rear weight rule. Just a couple things that were noticed at this past weekends South Texas Shootout that we feel will even the playing field a bit.

Archived