1st Annual South Texas Nationals - Pure Stock Rules

2015 South Texas Nationals Pure Stock Class Rules

Specs
* 107 1/2" Min. Wheelbase. No cameros or sub compacts.
* 3300 lbs. Min. w/exhaust manifolds.

* 3500 lbs. Min. w/headers, centerdump or ram horn manifolds.
* (Revised Dec 8, 2014) Maximum rear weight percentage will be 53% anything over that will be illegal. This measurement will be only be done after the races and not prior.
* Steel stock mount shocks only. Racing springs are allowed with no chassis modifications to allow for taller springs. No modifications to front leaf spring mounts. Must be stock location. Front fixed spacer are allowed but can not be adjustable in any way.
* 8 inch steel wheels only. Hoosier G60, American Racer KK704, 60 Series DOT Street Tire, any 8inch asphalt takeoff, Southwest Speed Dirt 60. No beadlocks allowed. No street performance DOT tires.
* Grooving, Sanding & Siping will be allowed.
* No weight jacks or working screw couplers allowed. Non adjustable or non screwable spacers are allowed. Rear multi-hole shackles allowed. Lowering blocks allowed. No chrysler leaf springs.
* (Revised March 2nd, 2015) Body must be stock in appearing and made of steel or aluminum. Sheet metal sides are approved but must appear and resemble stock OEM body panels. Must run stock steel roof. If you run any aluminum body panels you must weight min. 3350 lbs.
* 3 wheel brakes min. No adjustable proportioning valves allowed. Single master cylinder only. Rear disc brakes allowed. Stock OEM over the counter brake calipers only. Aftermarket pedals are ok.
* Must run stock control arms in the stock location. Also stock trailing arms in the stock locations. Steering quickner is allowed. All front/rear suspension & all steering parts must be stock or OEM stock replacement and in stock locations. We will allow Nonadjustable tubular type upper control arms allowed, must use steel cross shaft.
* OEM working convertor for all automatics. 11 inch minimum size. No dummy converters allowed.
* Min. 10 1/2 inch for all standards with full size flywheel. No light weight flywheels, minimum flywheel weight is 15 lbs.
* All cars must have a working forward and reverse gears. All gears must be working.
* Rearends must be for year, make and model. Must be locked. No limited slip. Aftermarket gear sets are allowed. Mini Spools are allowed.
* No aftermarket transmissions. Driver must be protected from cooler.
* All bumpers must be covered by plastic nose and rear covers or by steel/aluminum bumper shell.
* No wrap around bumpers made of pipe on quarter panels.
* #1 spark plug can not exceed past the upper balljoint for engine location.

Engine
* Only a stock cast iron intake, no aluminum, aftermarket or special order intakes.
* No porting, polishing, gasket matching of any kind on intake and heads.
* Must pull min. of 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 rpm or maximum lift of .480 total lift including rocker ratio.
* Dish or Flat Top Pistons only. Factory Stocks must run cast pistons.
* 362 cubic inches in maximum. No Vortex Heads allowed.

* 602 unsealed crate engine is allowed but must run 4412 carb.
* Internal engine components must be stock or stock replacement parts.
* Only Stock OEM Open Chambered Cast Iron Heads allowed. No aftermarket heads allowed.
* 305 heads are allowed on 305 engines.
* Stock replacement rockers arms only. No roller tips or full rollers.
* Single valve spring with dampener only. Poly locks are allowed. No stud girdles.
* 1.94 / 1.50 valve size max. Guide plates and screw in studs are allowed.
* Any water pump, mechanical fuel pump, pullies, fan and harmonic balancer allowed.
* 4412 carb only. Must pass all go no go gauge measurements. Air horn maybe removed.
* No Carb spacers allowed only 4 to 2 barrel adaptor.
* Ignition/Coil must be OEM. Aftermarket replacement distributors and modules allowed. HEI is allowed. Everything must be under the cap nothing external.

If we find a loophole in these rules prior to the race will address it and announce it. These rules have been relaxed just a bit so drivers can adapt with little no changes and be competitive from many areas.

Please ask if you have a question. If you see a grey area and dont ask then it will be the tech man's decision to determine if your legal or illegal. Tech man has final say.

Car numbers will be first come first get through registration. So get you registration turned in asap. No car number is safe until a paid registration has been turned in and accepted.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a shady oaks only race. There is give and take for all area tracks to race with some changes if they choice to do so. The other option is to not run pure stocks and run a class w uniform rules we don't have to mess with. We have brought rules together from many areas to hopefully make something everyone can feel good about. We are still making small adjustments as we go.

This is not a shady oaks only race. There is give and take for all area tracks to race with some changes if they choice to do so. The other option is to not run pure stocks and run a class w uniform rules we don't have to mess with. We have brought rules together from many areas to hopefully make something everyone can feel good about. We are still making small adjustments as we go.

we understand that we are just looking at engine package and may not be competative with our engines the way they are we understand we may need to make change,but is a lift rule or just vacuum?

Purestocks must meet 15 inches at 1000 rpm or if they don't met that then we will measure cam lift. Max is 480 lift. If you have a 450 lift you can add 1.6 stock rockers and then be at 480. So from a cam point of view I think everyone has something that fits.

I think once drivers really take time to look at the opportunity of a fantastic purse the rules don't require much or any changes. Plus the fact the track with so many cars the track conditions will ultimately be the equalizer. Horsepower will be secondary to driver and setup. Great chance at good money should be a ton of cars and plenty of competition in all classes.

I understand there has to be give and take I just want to make sure that i am legal other wise no point in risking it. Have you come up with anything on the weight of the flywheel.

I think once drivers really take time to look at the opportunity of a fantastic purse the rules don't require much or any changes. Plus the fact the track with so many cars the track conditions will ultimately be the equalizer. Horsepower will be secondary to driver and setup. Great chance at good money should be a ton of cars and plenty of competition in all classes.

yes, your correct it is a great oppurtunity and i understand track conditions,driver,and setup has lot to do with it here at sos it has already proven in past that a 480 lift cam vs 450 car with 480 can run away with class once this car changed cam it went to 6th place car with same driver and with setup was also proven that if car has suspension modifications spring and or shocks they to have major advantage since having to change springs and or shocks a car went from 1st to 5 th or so this being said cars had same drivers and placed different so i will always say a seasoned driver who runs car may not make as much difference than a few modified parts will. I cant wait for race will make few changes and give a shot see what happens. I appreciate what STP IS DOING

Purestocks must meet 15 inches at 1000 rpm or if they don't met that then we will measure cam lift. Max is 480 lift. If you have a 450 lift you can add 1.6 stock rockers and then be at 480. So from a cam point of view I think everyone has something that fits.

Could you clarify on clutches are light weight clutches or 10 1/2" clutches gonna be allowed and only stock 14" convertors allowed. thank you

yes, your correct it is a great oppurtunity and i understand track conditions,driver,and setup has lot to do with it here at sos it has already proven in past that a 480 lift cam vs 450 car with 480 can run away with class once this car changed cam it went to 6th place car with same driver and with setup was also proven that if car has suspension modifications spring and or shocks they to have major advantage since having to change springs and or shocks a car went from 1st to 5 th or so this being said cars had same drivers and placed different so i will always say a seasoned driver who runs car may not make as much difference than a few modified parts will. I cant wait for race will make few changes and give a shot see what happens. I appreciate what STP IS DOING

What car was that? Didn't know anyone had to change cam!!!

Archived