CTS turns into a rolling demo derby

Every race car in every class is there to entertain but I'd rather be entertaining while racing than being entertainment on the back of a wrecker plus I have a life and family away from the races and would like to be around for my daughter and be able to wake up every Monday morning to go to work.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just a Car owner under the BUS at the MOMENT thank you very much...lol

My Intentions are SIMPLE I try to support my Home Track and Texas Racing and the Grand Stocks are for my crew members to have fun which most if not all have or/ are experienced race car drivers. I will continue to do so as long as we are having FUN.

This being said if one of our drivers makes a MISTAKE hence the word MISTAKE then we and I am sure CTS and / or Drivers involved will discuss. I am in NO WAY saying that Jamie did anything wrong it was an AGGRESIVE move but I actually thought someone blew up causing the large part of the wreck but I could be wrong things happened very fast and I am waiting to SEE the VIDEO which I think we should all do before RANTING to much.

Thank you CTS for making it FUN on the HILL Again you guys are doing a Good job and the CAR and FAN counts are showing it.

Well said, Rick Pollaro.

Just like the race officials were not driving any of the cars, Rick was not driving the #50.

I tried my best to remove as many of the bashes as possible from this thread and have caught a fair amount of flack from a few who think the forums should be a place where one can freely rant at track officials and their fellow drivers.

Lone Star Speedzone is here for open, honest discussions about topics and issues, not here to to provide a place to bash or become a soap box for disgruntled folks.

The issue of rough driving is an issue at every track I have ever known about. How it gets handled is the real question underlying this discussion.

Nick

Zippy, my rants weren't towards you or Jamie, it was kinda surprising when I found out it was Jamie. My issue was with the implication that the Grand Stocks are a novelty act and should be reckless to put on a show. I hate that mentality. If we're going to be running over each other and tearing cars up the cars won't be rebuilt or come back, car counts die then fans go away and track has to flirt with closing which isn't good for anyone. There's only three asphalt tracks in Texas left and one is on a very limited schedule but that one helps CTS with car count. HMP is in pretty good shape with car count except one class but their stands are full and it seems like good things are happening up there. But it seems like CTS always has someone concerned after every event. That's a little concerning and when it seems like people are encouraging the recklessness it doesn't seem right. I know things will happen especially at a track that is difficult to pass. Seems like CTS lost at least one driver, CCS lost at least one due to "accidents" CCS may get theirs back next season if there is one, CTS doesn't look like it since that car was put up for sale. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fun, but every class should be but you shouldn't have to worry about being taken out weekly and when it happens I can see the discouragement. One of our best drivers won't race at home this year due to tearing up the car in his two races at home but is still racing and will probably return if he wasn't in a championship race because even the clowns like to win ;)

If it's a class that people want to see wrecks and all that other craps then how come when the 7 pushed me down the straight away 1 time he got told to "watch your bumper 7 watch your bunper" over the scanners but then the 88 banging on the back side of the 50 THE WHOLE RACE nothing was said over scanner to the 88 to watch her bumper?

I dont know about enrty level racing, these are not even race cars, they are street cars, so the fans look at it as entertainment. Maybe it is better to go to another class if you want to be respected as a racer, I thought these grand stocks were for the clowns just having fun.

well let me say something .i respect your opinion here .i suggest you step into our shoes and race one of these cars ,i think you will shut up about these not being real race cars ....most of those other classes you think are race car run on the same chassis we race on .just modified and cost a ton more ..now if you want to sponsor and put your money where it could be well used .i will buy or build a upper class real race car you mentioned ..all it takes is your money .other wise shut up and enjoy what we have to offer ...i pay for t hat car we have .and it cost ..and with out us .the upper class will not grow .... cars with cages .racing seats .safety equipment fuel cells ..and not one of em is street legal ..they are race cars ...in fact you are welcome in our pit anytime to look things over .or come down to corpus and help out ... again..any car on a track that is being raced is a race car ..bring your street car on out and race us if that is all we are ....and btw .thanks for coming out to the races ..

That's understood sir and I figured he's either a fan or maybe hooked up with another car in a different class. Just hard to get the motivation to travel if you feel unappreciated or feel like it would be a disappointment if we didn't wreck. My coming up in July completely hinges on what my visiting family wants to do. Plus we discovered another minor set back on getting my car ready. Nothing major but an additional expense that could have gone to traveling. Nothing against Halfmile in any way, he's always been willing to discuss any disagreements and never once thought anything negative towards him or the tracks/series he's been a part of.

Touchy topic indeed.. We (CTS) review any incident that causes concern in hopes that it can be prevented as much as possible in the future. That being said a race track and it's officials do what they can to provide a place to race, a safety first mindset and an awareness of being fair to everyone and with us that last one is really important.

Does the last one always happen? No but it is never with intent of the track for anyone to feel that they were incorrectly punished or not punished and some race nights it just seems like the hits keep coming.

One thing to remember is a track cannot control the initial mannerisms of a driver or team. Humans can have a mind of their own sometimes!!!

I mean that in fun... We thank you all for coming to race with us. I don't want to lose cars/trucks/karts whatever. I ask you all to please come back I for one enjoy having each and every one of you there taking care of business on the track.

It is a work in progress sometimes and there are growing pains but I will tell you that we at CTS will do all we can to keep this a great sport for everyone. Hope to see lots of you on 7/12.

Zippy, my rants weren't towards you or Jamie, it was kinda surprising when I found out it was Jamie. My issue was with the implication that the Grand Stocks are a novelty act and should be reckless to put on a show. I hate that mentality. If we're going to be running over each other and tearing cars up the cars won't be rebuilt or come back, car counts die then fans go away and track has to flirt with closing which isn't good for anyone. There's only three asphalt tracks in Texas left and one is on a very limited schedule but that one helps CTS with car count. HMP is in pretty good shape with car count except one class but their stands are full and it seems like good things are happening up there. But it seems like CTS always has someone concerned after every event. That's a little concerning and when it seems like people are encouraging the recklessness it doesn't seem right. I know things will happen especially at a track that is difficult to pass. Seems like CTS lost at least one driver, CCS lost at least one due to "accidents" CCS may get theirs back next season if there is one, CTS doesn't look like it since that car was put up for sale. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fun, but every class should be but you shouldn't have to worry about being taken out weekly and when it happens I can see the discouragement. One of our best drivers won't race at home this year due to tearing up the car in his two races at home but is still racing and will probably return if he wasn't in a championship race because even the clowns like to win ;)

My shoes ain't that big! Lok

I understand and please this RANTING remark was not directed to you Top Shelf. Anyone that knows me well enough knows I do not take to "rumors or hear say" I am a very Direct to the source kinda guy...I will let you know how I feel & do want any issues about me or my team to come directly to me to get settled then and there ......for better or worse ....well the jury is still out on thatI'm sure ...lol....The Rant comment was used loosely ....If anyone would like to talk to me or my driver we are always available for a rational discussion at the track...

I feel it is a SHAME that sometimes more HARM to Texas Race Tracks & Teams ...comes from posting negative comments on public forums which as Nick said is not the intent of this forum. I have been guilty of this as well. CTS does a good job at getting answers and getting w/ the ones involved to come to a reasonable corrective path going forward. I know because I have been in the CTS..." Principles OFFICE" myself recently and we ALL agreed I was not at fault so all went well....just kidding (stirring the pot ) But I think everyone can agree sometimes we see one negative comment towards a Team or Track & it will lose " The MANY " I do not have all the answers because I enjoy public forums myself, I think they do a great service to the racing community as a whole even discussions like this If everyone can self police themselves and know how it might effect racing as a whole before lashing out. Like I said I have done the same and am trying to get better.

Posted in hopes for the BETTER of RACING

Some fans come just for the wrecks . but others come to see a good clean race. If you want to see ( the sparks and dust fly ) maybe racing is'nt for you and you should find a demolition derby. As a driver i'm all for swapping alittle paint , but get tired of fixing my car after someone destroys it. that starts to add up quickly!!!

Cool Zippy, just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't calling your driver dirty and the videos you're in that I've seen you kinda got the raw end of the deal but that's in the past. I watched Jamie for years in 4 cylinders and know he's not dirty and unfortunately this one lapse in judgement (from what has been posted) chased a car away and that is unfortunate.

I'm all for having fun with the car but I still have that competitive nature but at the same time if I win, I want to earn it. If I get beat, I want to be beat cleanly and competitively and be able to appreciate everyone on the track then support the other classes.

zippy jamie is one heck of a driver and maybe setting out all these years have added some rust and maybe his small brain ..lol said i can still do this and have something to prove to himself more then proving to the car owner but wants to prove to you he still has it and over loads the the thinking part ..i know last year i jumped back into a tps car and found out i was older and a lot more rusty than i thought .i know these racers are mad at him but dont realize you can go over and talk to him , he is not racing anything like he used too .. i raced joshua.s old bomber in 2010 and tried things in it i did in my pinto not thinking they dont slow down and keep control like a 1000 pound lighter car did ..i hit a couple of cars and that woke me up ....

i just watched the video ...i saw some one leave an open door and someone else took it .that someone else from that point of view had the position before the turn and only touched the dirt after contact ..i would have took that run myself ....had jamies tires been in the dirt from the start .i could understand the other drivers point .. ..i have to call it the way i see it and am not on any ones side .just ask my son if i am that way ..he comes in off the track mad at someone else and it was his fault ..he gets it from us ...

Just watched the video & I stand behind my Driver and his LEGAL Aggresive move not in the grass until contact forced him into the grass on entry into one. I am sorry for ALL those that were caught up in the after math. I can see why the 22 would think the low line would work in one if your the pole sitter but from that video Jamie was already along side before one and the 22 should have made the adjustment up the race track. Churdimsky has shown that for Grandstocks w/ the right driver it is a FOUR GROOVE Race track !.... JMO

I'll stand behind my driver because you would be crazy to be in front of him.....lol

IS THAT WRONG !!!...just kidding folks

Archived