CTS turns into a rolling demo derby

The video says it all. I apologize to the 71 car, was not your fault.

Passing in the grass, on the inside, even before the start finish line, wrecking out three cars. Unacceptable.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well what ever you do is up to you and i am not telling you what to do either ...i will make a suggestion and hope you consider. dont involve others who have no part .seeing most will start behind you ...mainly the 7 the[ 8 which we own] the 88 .46 and any other racer who had nothing to do with this .....i raced that driver in question for many many years and he is easy going and a friend of mine though i will make no excuse for him and not excuse his driving style if what happen happened .i was watching our car .. .so in order to save cars from being torn up and others from maybe getting hurt ..talk to him . that is another suggestion ...hope your next outing will be better and have a great fathers day .......

I think a "bad judgement night" is an understatement. BTW the 50 car started on the inside in the 3rd row so he had to pass another car before the start line before wrecking out the leader and two others.

HiTech, if you know the 50 driver and are friends with him, then show him that video and ask WTF?

Due to rough driving, we have completed exactly 1-1/2 laps in the last TWO races. It just is NOT fun anymore taking home a torn up car and the $$ to fix it, replace tires, rims, etc!

We are not here to bash each other and use the forums to vent. Sorry it happened, but the track did not drive any of the cars, so let's leave the track officials out of it.

Nick

22 car is up for sale. $2200 includes two extra rims and tires. The tires and rims are NEW since I have had to replace them every damn race. Also includes two race scanners, in car and handheld with a headset. It is not fun completing only 3.7% of the laps in the last two races. Maybe someone else might have some better experiences.

As far as the 50 car, he was brake checking for about the last 5 laps of the race, and got turned around at the end. I was watching from the pits, but he was locking it up and kicking up smoke for the brake checking every corner. Also in that video, his move was totally uncalled for. It's a shame we couldn't see if he was forced down there or not, but my better judgement tells me he wasn't.

Look at the super stock race, 18 and another car got together and spun towards the back of the field, no caution. 18 has to get on the track right in front of the leaders because there's no caution. On the next lap, everyone that was bunched up by rapidly catching 18 is basically thrown into a blender, resulting in one car getting his RR tire moved back to his rear bumper, and 3-5 others suffering minor damage. I can't blame the 18 for that. It was the race officials job to see that 2 cars had spun and were going to interfere with the rest of the cars.

That's my two cents worth on the subject, right or wrong. That being said, Pretty soon CTS will need to extend the stands, because the crowds of fans are getting bigger and bigger, well done there! As a fan it was pretty exciting, although there were those few 'WTF' moments. A big thank you to all the drivers and race officials for making that one Saturday every month so special for me.

Home Diva,I understand your frustration but reconsider selling . If this is something you really want to do don't let one racer ruin it for you. If this has been a pattern for this driver then the track should step in.Cool down a little before getting out.As for pay back usually not a good idea especially if it gathers up other cars.

I know most if not all CTS officials are on here so I'm sure your concerns are being noted and hopefully addressed. Hope you don't leave the sport and agree about being mindful of the other competitors. This seems to be another lesson of not winning on the first lap.

It wasnt just this race.

In one race the person who caused a caution was allowed to take the cone. In another class they werent.

In one class one guy gets into another and is told by officials if he touched another car that he is done for the season. Yet in another class taking out the leader is perfectly acceptable.

I dont care which path they want they chose but be consistent about it. And dont use the excuse you didnt see it or you dont have enough officials. That is NOT the racers fault.

I know for a fact this weekends performance has cost CTS some fans. I also believe that it cost them some cars too. As much as I want to see the place succeed, I am not sure its going to improve.

Champion, excellent post. My thoughts exactly. After being wrecked out for three consecutive races, the last two times on the first lap, our car is up for sale and we won't be back.

I wasn't there and haven't been there was just going by what I saw in her video. I will agree though about calls being consistent as I've seen that affecting a track closer to home to me. I see the stands are looking full and the pits are too in CTS and guys came back home by midnight with a 3 hour drive, hell we can't even do that going to a home track anymore here. Hope issues get worked out up there as I do want to make a trip at some point.

Unfortunately when the 50 wrecked us, we collected the 46 as you can see in the video. Sorry bud, hope you can get it fixed. That hit tore our front bumper off and certainly caused you some damage in the wheel.

Let's not forget that the 50 and the 79 grandstocks are Pollarmo cars. It happen to me last year with the 79 driver was Jake Kruger (a very experienced driver) when he went into the grass on lap 1 at all 4 turns and lost it at turn 4 and I ended up hitting him head on. It was not the first time this has happened. Cost me a new front end $$$$$. It sucks but it happened. HomeDiva I know you are frustrated and passed. Like others have said "do not let this stop you from racing" it will turn around and get better. I believe in the wheel of carmakers "what goes around, comes around ten fold"

JMO

HiTech, if you know the 50 driver and are friends with him, then show him that video and ask WTF?

Due to rough driving, we have completed exactly 1-1/2 laps in the last TWO races. It just is NOT fun anymore taking home a torn up car and the $$ to fix it, replace tires, rims, etc!

i could talk to him and probably will our borrowed car was involved as others .. .but concerning your car wont matter as much if your not racing .so reconsider .....if you want to meet him and any others i can probably help you there if you dont want to take the first step to approach jamie ...that i will do if those concerned want ...i cant answer why he is so aggressive ..i raced him for years and would not have wanted anyone else next to me at cc and we rubbed more that once i use to change his 33 to 330 or 033 depending on were i put my tires autograph at the time .one of my points i made in my post to you has a prime example of why you dont wreck others .the 88 spun him on the last lap .and i cant say why i was not in either cars only the two drivers know ....it helped us gain a couple of spots but it is not how we want it to happen .21 or 71 earned the position he was in and got burned with that spin ..my son had to go high to miss all of them .and lucky he was able too ..

OK... this one is over the line we try to draw here at Lone Star Speedzone. Some stuff is coming down.

If anyone has a complaint to lodge against the track officials, and apparently several do, why not contact the track directly? And if your issue is with another driver, take it up with them in person.

Doesn't that sound like a more reasonable approach than ranting about it in public?

Nick

Archived