CTS turns into a rolling demo derby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about enrty level racing, these are not even race cars, they are street cars, so the fans look at it as entertainment. Maybe it is better to go to another class if you want to be respected as a racer, I thought these grand stocks were for the clowns just having fun.

well let me say something .i respect your opinion here .i suggest you step into our shoes and race one of these cars ,i think you will shut up about these not being real race cars ....most of those other classes you think are race car run on the same chassis we race on .just modified and cost a ton more ..now if you want to sponsor and put your money where it could be well used .i will buy or build a upper class real race car you mentioned ..all it takes is your money .other wise shut up and enjoy what we have to offer ...i pay for t hat car we have .and it cost ..and with out us .the upper class will not grow .... cars with cages .racing seats .safety equipment fuel cells ..and not one of em is street legal ..they are race cars ...in fact you are welcome in our pit anytime to look things over .or come down to corpus and help out ... again..any car on a track that is being raced is a race car ..bring your street car on out and race us if that is all we are ....and btw .thanks for coming out to the races ..

X1000.. :-)

While everyones busy pointing fingers im going to start getting ready for our 28th race at CCS.

Does this mean i will be seeing your car over at my house ..son...lol....... from what i hear you dont work on it ..the shop guys do ..and pointing a finger does not count ...

While everyones busy pointing fingers im going to start getting ready for our 28th race at CCS.

Does this mean i will be seeing your car over at my house ..son...lol....... from what i hear you dont work on it ..the shop guys do ..and pointing a finger does not count ...

If it goes to your house, at least one car from your house will be at the track on the 28th ;)

Chris, I wasn't aware that hashtag were allowed on speedzone?! thought that was only Facebook, Twitter and instagram? lol Nick can we get a clarification on the technical inspection of hashtagging on LSSZ? lol

HomeDiva, the vieo clearly shows the 50 had the position before he was turned down on going into one and forcing him into the dirt. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but everyone that I know that has seen the video has had the same answer to the question. every where I have raced or been to has said if the frnt tire is at or past your door the person on the inside has the position and the other has to give the room. whether you choose to give the room to the other car is in the drivers hands and sometimes you have to make room. the 50 is not 100% at fault for the whole accident. yes it was an aggressive move to start the race, but I don't now any other drier that would not try to take that inside line that was left wide open going down the front straight. overcorrecting on the spin was a big part of the wreck too. anyone who is driving is going to try to save their car from spinning, but when a car is as far sideways as the 22 was it will cause a wreck evey time wen it whips back onto the track the way it did. half the damage was from the spin with the 22 and 50. the other half of the cars got damage from hitting the oil or water or whatever the 81 dropped when he broke going into turn 1

i just watched the video ...i saw some one leave an open door and someone else took it .that someone else from that point of view had the position before the turn and only touched the dirt after contact ..i would have took that run myself ....had jamies tires been in the dirt from the start .i could understand the other drivers point .. ..i have to call it the way i see it and am not on any ones side .just ask my son if i am that way ..he comes in off the track mad at someone else and it was his fault ..he gets it from us ...

I hate to say it, but I have to agree. I would have done the same. I'm still pretty sure the 50 was brake checking the 88 at the end though, wither that or just driving it in way too hard and kicking up tire smoke.

I hope she comes back, i'll start dead last with her and me and sean and Kathy can run our own little race.

I'm probably selling my #46 as soon as the season is over and if not im going to bring that car up to compition level and make a few more waves in the pool to see where that gets me,

don't let the ugly beginning of this season ruin what you what to do, just come out and shadow me or ill shadow you and we'll have some fun,

Hope to come over an meet you in your pits and we can talk about all thats going on.

CALLING OUT A PEACE TREATY

i just watched the video ...i saw some one leave an open door and someone else took it .that someone else from that point of view had the position before the turn and only touched the dirt after contact ..i would have took that run myself ....had jamies tires been in the dirt from the start .i could understand the other drivers point .. ..i have to call it the way i see it and am not on any ones side .just ask my son if i am that way ..he comes in off the track mad at someone else and it was his fault ..he gets it from us ...

I hate to say it, but I have to agree. I would have done the same. I'm still pretty sure the 50 was brake checking the 88 at the end though, wither that or just driving it in way too hard and kicking up tire smoke.

well you have a catch 22.. was the lead car brake checking or just trying to hard to stay in front and haveing to over drive and over break....or was the car behind over driving going in behind the lead car and making it looked like the lead car was brake checking ........i would say both ....racing . but we know the lead car was just fast enough to own that position and up to the second car to figure out a line to pass ...

well you have a catch 22.. was the lead car brake checking or just trying to hard to stay in front and haveing to over drive and over break....or was the car behind over driving going in behind the lead car and making it looked like the lead car was brake checking ........i would say both ....racing . but we know the lead car was just fast enough to own that position and up to the second car to figure out a line to pass ...

Yeah, I really can't make that call and it doesn't really matter anymore, but all I remember is smoke from the front tires of the 50 and the 88 suddenly getting a huge run going into the corners. It looked like a brake check to me from the pits but really could have been anything from one tire locking up due to a brake issue to simply driving it in too hard and sliding. Well, hopefully the dust will settle by July and we'll have some good clean racing with some exciting battles that don't end up with a wreck.

...........RACING .WHAT IT TAKES ..WHAT IT MEANS ...WHAT TO EXPECT ......

RACING cars is a sport like none other ..it takes more work money a lot of talent .smart invative people ...

IT IS something you cant go to school for and get a diploma ......it is on the job training hands on get down and dirty long nights missed holidays birthdays .mother days and all other activity you may enjoy ....if you want to succeed .....

IT TAKES .patience a lot of it ....when your car wont perform .when you spend night after night trying to find that one tiny problem you over looked or put off to the side cuz you did not consider it could be the problem or a problem ......

YOU HAVE to be able to take bs from others with a grain of salt more than you normally would .and give it back with pepper if needed ...

YOU HAVE to remember you are not the only person on the track ...you have to give and take more so than you normally would to finish the race ///

YOU HAVE to forgive in order to be forgiven ......every one makes mistakes ..

IF YOU fit into all of these or most catagories ..you will love racing ......if you give up too soon .you will never be happy .there will always be that WHAT IF .

I HAVE LIVED AND STILL LIVE ALL OF THIS AFTER 31 YEARS ....this year has not been the best but cant complain to much seeing where we stand ....i have had worst seasons ..i get tired of working on the car and want so much when i am not happy to just give it up and throw in the wrench ..once i calm down i get back at ..why .i love the challenge .i love the fact my son has a car to race ..i love the fact we can take something that was not created for racing and make it work ,,i love the fans who like what we do and those who dont like us at all ......

RACING IS not always fun .but as long as you stick with it it will show you something you did not or may not know you have ...WILL POWER ....

Home diva .every race team has had the same issues you have no one is immune. the different;s they stayed the course ...we lost a car the first race last year .not many thought a new car with an 8 would make the next race three weeks later ...it took every ounce of energy .every spare moment 20 hour days and then some /to take the wrecked car apart ..then strip a new car .and put every thing together in less than five days ....i did 80 percent of all that work ...and that car made it .and all i wanted was one lap to make me and my son happy to show proof we could do it .more for our self than others .and . it did not have to run another lap that night ...... my point here is many years from now i will remember all of this in pieces .. and smile do you remember when ......and know i did the best i could with no regrets .....if i did not follow through with my dream .i lost on life ..........

Archived