No New News, just questions on SAS

JamesHigdon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we are on the subject.....How do they get the Teflon to sick to the pan?

Scientifically speaking, Teflon will not chemically bond to anything, but can be forced mechanically into small nooks and crannies.

Normally, a surface will be roughed up with a blasting process, then treated with hydrochloric acid to etch the surface. The manufacturer will then use a film emulsion, or "primer" to coat the pan surface.

The emulsion is usually proprietary. The Teflon is then applied in a melted state to the pan, which allows it to flow and imbed into the primer surface and the rough finish surface created by the blasting process.

Some chenistry involved in all this, but the above is the basic. The above procedure was used in an aviation manufacturing process I was once involved in.

Scientifically speaking, Teflon will not chemically bond to anything, but can be forced mechanically into small nooks and crannies.

Normally, a surface will be roughed up with a blasting process, then treated with hydrochloric acid to etch the surface. The manufacturer will then use a film emulsion, or "primer" to coat the pan surface.

The emulsion is usually proprietary. The Teflon is then applied in a melted state to the pan, which allows it to flow and imbed into the primer surface and the rough finish surface created by the blasting process.

Some chenistry involved in all this, but the above is the basic. The above procedure was used in an aviation manufacturing process I was once involved in.

That make a lot of sense but how does it sick to the pan? :blink:

That make a lot of sense but how does it sick to the pan? :blink:

the melted teflon goes into the pores and expands - like when you reach through an opening to grab something - only to find your fist no longer fits to back out - speking of which, I gotta whole jar of delicious looking pickles - dang if I have had one yet....

Well, I see the right hands have more than enough votes to close this amazing thread, but before it's closed, I was wondering about something.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nick

Well, I see the right hands have more than enough votes to close this amazing thread, but before it's closed, I was wondering about something.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nick

BUT Nick, the REAL question is: Would a Woodchuck chuck wood, if a Woodchuck could chuck wood? OR would he sell seashells with Suzy by the seashore?

:blink: Well you can sleep now but I can't sleep worrying about that poor woodchuck ruining his teeth someone help me out on this one, I'm not from the North country so I'm not familar with wood chucks, I'm still trying to figure out the frying pans, Also what about the old race track thats dead ???????????????????????????????????????? :o:(:unsure: Oh no here I go on the orignal post, some one stop this!! :lol: Also I forgot about the sea shells too much for this old tired mind.

Archived