No New News, just questions on SAS

JamesHigdon

Guess that tells everyone that the track is DONE.....OVER! No one in there right mind will spend millions to open a run down track in San Antonio. You can dream all you want but not going to happen.

The reality is a racetrack is almost never the best investment per dollar, people do it because they do dream...:unsure:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, sometimes you ask a question and the people that know can't say because they have been asked to not say anything.

I will say it is good to see that money is being spent on improvements at certain tracks. That isn't a shot at any one track. I have been told for years that if you want to make a million dollars in selling motorcycles you better plan on spending two million in start up monies. In making that first million a company better plan on putting monies into reinvesting into itself. That being said, I don't see any of our Texas tracks making millions. Ten of thousands yes and again tracks are spending it to give fans a place to watch races and racers a place to race. Great job Texas Tracks...

Well now knowing where the lights went I hope they DO need some boiler plate and a bunch of asphalt!...A paved high banked quarter mile oval anyone?

A Paved High Bank 1/4 mile oval ??? Sounds like Pan American Speedway. Put that boiler plate all the way around the outside, keeps the squirrels in check. :P Lenny66 B)

add rollers to the quarter panels and THAT would be a show....

CC Speedway is one of my favorite tracks but it's a serious haul from NW San Antonio.

I made the trip from Bandera Rd/1604 April 9th. The trip goes pretty fast once you get out of San Antonio. Always helps when you travel with someone who talks as much as you do.

ANY track in in Texas is a serious haul from anywhere in Texas.

I think that a huge part of the problem. the state is so big and the population so spread out. I know that's one of the things I love about this state - but also one I hate.

ANY track in in Texas is a serious haul from anywhere in Texas.

I think that a huge part of the problem. the state is so big and the population so spread out. I know that's one of the things I love about this state - but also one I hate.

nah thats not true ...lol cc is just 8 miles from my house ..sts is closer ...but yes texas is big and anytrack out side of here is .one and half to three hours min travel ...makes it hard to go from one or the other ..unless your nick or reb ..they seem to be everwhere at once ..

I made the trip from Bandera Rd/1604 April 9th. The trip goes pretty fast once you get out of San Antonio. Always helps when you travel with someone who talks as much as you do.

I'm out in the same area but closer to Guilbeau...the problem I have is closing my shop up early enough on a Saturday to get to either Corpus or Kyle.

So if the lights are going up, the new track must be getting closer to completion. I can hardly wait for the first rac

Nick is in charge of Tech. :o And when its all done Reb wants to put a thin layer of dirt on it. He says he wants to plant "Lugnuts" and "Hooter Corn". <_<

I am planning to re-open San Antonio Speedway at some point in the future.

Of course, I'm also planning on running for President and start enforcing the Constitution of the United States of America, ending all foreign aid, opening up the entire USA - including Alaska - for oil exploration, sinking major tax $$ into developing Hydrogen powered vehicles and fueling stations, making English the official language of the country, shipping back every illegally entered alien the law enforcement structure of the country can locate, stopping welfare payments to all but the truly needy, turning our prison system into work camps complete with city and county farms worked by convicts, removing all "self esteem" programs from our school system, require "profiling" by all airlines to insure that all Middle Eastern folks no matter how old or how young are thoroughly screened before entering the front gate at all airports, rail depots and ships. Oh.. and providing funds to PAPA to rebuild San Antonio Speedway.

Nick

I am planning to re-open San Antonio Speedway at some point in the future.

Of course, I'm also planning on running for President and start enforcing the Constitution of the United States of America, ending all foreign aid, opening up the entire USA - including Alaska - for oil exploration, sinking major tax $ into developing Hydrogen powered vehicles and fueling stations, making English the official language of the country, shipping back every illegally entered alien the law enforcement structure of the country can locate, stopping welfare payments to all but the truly needy, turning our prison system into work camps complete with city and county farms worked by convicts, removing all "self esteem" programs from our school system, require "profiling" by all airlines to insure that all Middle Eastern folks no matter how old or how young are thoroughly screened before entering the front gate at all airports, rail depots and ships. Oh.. and providing funds to PAPA to rebuild San Antonio Speedway.

Nick

Sounds like a plan to me !!! ;)

Archived