Shady Oaks Speedway?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if it will ever open again or not but it was closed because Tina wasnt breaking even no noise issues ever came up.

Not sure why you quoted me but I know for a fact Tina wasnt making money and with the expection of Tim Smith working the track she wasnt getting alot of help from her husband nor anyone else back in Houston. My company sponsored the last event she held at the track. Worked out pretty good since I won it but at the time we didnt know it was the last race to date. I can only hope it to reopen some day.

• 2 months later...

I just found your forum on the web and am quite excited about what I am reading. My family and I are purchaseing Shady Oaks Speedway and expect to be there first weeks in October. It took me some time to sell my motorcycle business of 30 years here in the San Diego area. I also had to sell my business property and my home. I have managed all those tasks and now I just need to close the deal in Goliad. I have been tearing up dirt tracks here on the west coast for 15 years now. I have been running mostly dwarf cars because I have so much fun in them but I have run full sprint cars and mini sprints over the years. I have built a track from scratch back in 1999 but it was on an Indian reservation and I had no control of anything and had to pull out. I know what makes a good track and how to run a program that will end well before midnight. I have been to enough tracks to see the differences between a good track that is well organized and one that is not. My wife and I will run Shady Oaks like a well oiled machine. I have been very sucsessfull in my motorcycle business because of customer service. We plan on reviveing the 3/8 oval and adding moto cross,utv and quad races. We also plan to add a drag strip right away and we will create a motorsports park that will accomadate more than just oval racing. We expect to make our home on the property and our two young children will grow up in Goliad. We know there are tracks all around Goliad and expect to work with those tracks instead of trying to take any of thier business and help all of the tracks to gain more racers and spectators. We know the value of working together and will work towards that goal from the start. As i mentioned earlier in this post I have seen alot of tracks in all the years I have raced and I think Shady Oaks is one of the nicest facillities I have ever seen. We expect to thrive in Goliad and look forward to the years ahead. We will plan on opening the track to moto cross by the first of the year with a full schedule of other racing to start sometime in late march or early April. I am pleased by the interest shown here on this forum and look forward to meeting you and your families. The Scribellito family

If this is really the case then congradultions and good luck! Lots of folks have raced at this track in the past and for me it was my first track to race on. I loved it then and have alot of great memories of it. Please keep everyone up to date with the latest as you can. I think when it comes to communication us teams and drivers cant get enough of it in this area! Look forward to any and all future updates.

:D

what classes are you planning to run? imca, outlaw?

We will run any class that will come racing! I have raced with just about everything over the years and am a fan of all.. I am glad to see such interest in Shady Oaks Speedway. It will be a fun and VERY FAMILY oriented. I will update this forum as soon as I know more but will try to answer any and all questions as they come up. Thankyou,Jim Scribellito www.scribsperformance.com for more info on me and whats next.

Mr. Scribellito, wish you the best of luck, especially with the neighbors/community. They will probably be a more difficult challenge than the racers.

In my few trips down there, I always thought it was a neat place, unique set up. As I mentioned in an earlier post, just remember to bring the mosquito repellant. :lol:

I think the thing that I enjoyed the most about racing there was the pits. When you pull in its like pulling into a R.V. park. Just pull in under a shade tree unload and have fun racing. I hope that part stays the same.

I'm sure limited modifieds/sportmods, should be a class run there. It is the fastest growing class in the state.

JMO

I'm not a racer , just a fan ,but Shady Oaks was one of my favorite tracks to visit. The atmosphere there with all the trees in the parking lot and pits is second to none.And the racing there was always good on the nights I was there. Good luck in running the track and you can count on some support from this Corpus guy from time to time.You know if Shady Oaks , Edna ,IH37 and South Texas Speedway can work together in rules and scheduling these tracks could provide some great entertainment not only for the fans but racers as well.Thank you for taking the chance and again good luck!

Last week I sent Mr. Scribelitto a PM through this site and provided my phone number for when he has time, so we can meet with him. I know he's very busy at this point getting moved to Texas, but we look forward to meeting him, sharing the rules for the classes we are currently running, and discussing our basically every other week schedule. We look forward to meeting and working with him for the overall good of dirt racing in the region. Having tracks for racers to choose from in the south Texas area is good for the sport!

-Monty

I just found your forum on the web and am quite excited about what I am reading. My family and I are purchaseing Shady Oaks Speedway and expect to be there first weeks in October. It took me some time to sell my motorcycle business of 30 years here in the San Diego area. I also had to sell my business property and my home. I have managed all those tasks and now I just need to close the deal in Goliad. I have been tearing up dirt tracks here on the west coast for 15 years now. I have been running mostly dwarf cars because I have so much fun in them but I have run full sprint cars and mini sprints over the years. I have built a track from scratch back in 1999 but it was on an Indian reservation and I had no control of anything and had to pull out. I know what makes a good track and how to run a program that will end well before midnight. I have been to enough tracks to see the differences between a good track that is well organized and one that is not. My wife and I will run Shady Oaks like a well oiled machine. I have been very sucsessfull in my motorcycle business because of customer service. We plan on reviveing the 3/8 oval and adding moto cross,utv and quad races. We also plan to add a drag strip right away and we will create a motorsports park that will accomadate more than just oval racing. We expect to make our home on the property and our two young children will grow up in Goliad. We know there are tracks all around Goliad and expect to work with those tracks instead of trying to take any of thier business and help all of the tracks to gain more racers and spectators. We know the value of working together and will work towards that goal from the start. As i mentioned earlier in this post I have seen alot of tracks in all the years I have raced and I think Shady Oaks is one of the nicest facillities I have ever seen. We expect to thrive in Goliad and look forward to the years ahead. We will plan on opening the track to moto cross by the first of the year with a full schedule of other racing to start sometime in late march or early April. I am pleased by the interest shown here on this forum and look forward to meeting you and your families. The Scribellito family
what i like to now is are you going to water the track so we can have a wet & tacky fast track & use the black flag for ruff driving .

Archived