COLT

Budman

I have not read anywhere that ASA has announced Brandon Johnson as the winner yet. Does anyone know what his final tally was on his votes??

If anyone can put a link to where the Colt voters can send ASA their concerns on how we felt the system was manipulated. If ASA gets enough e-mails by us, maybe they will investigate if by chance there was some hacking going on.

I know I counted my votes at one point and I know they were not being added to Colts name. I voted atleast 2000 votes in a short period of time and only 500 or so got added and that was with everyone voting.

I tell you if they add all the votes up from week one Colt wins no matter what. He must have had atleast 30 million votes or more.

Thanks,

Spreen Racing

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the contest part the multivote deal is fine. but for the actual head to head contest to determine the winner it should have went to a one vote per person rule. someone will always find a way to cheat regardless what the prize is. if they can look in the mirror and like what they see, then so be it. the good thing about it all is that it got all of the tsz community together for a common goal for a little while with no bashing and no arguing. if we could do the same thing for the local racing, we will all have a great year. better luck next season colt.

I sent this to ASA a few minutes ago:

Ron, Sandy and Matt,

Words cannot describe the disappointment I have felt regarding the way you conducted the "Most Popular Driver" contest which just concluded.

I watched this contest very closely and am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was "foul play" involved.

For the most part, Colt James' voters were unable to vote during the last 24 hours of the contest while Brandon Johnson's fans were able to vote at a record pace. At times, in spite of hundreds of Colt James voters attempting to vote, only a very few (at times NONE) of Colt's votes were registered while at the same time hundreds, yes, hundreds of Johnson's votes were being racked up.

At the point that the "foul play" (I don't know what else to call it and still remain civil) seemed to begin, James had a substantial lead of between 700,000 - 800,000 votes. Within hours the lead was evaporated even at the point where Texas racers had mobilized for a final massive voting effort. That effort was either subverted by ASA or someone from the competing team who infiltrated your voting software. Either way, I call FOUL!

In addition, Johnson was eliminated (or so we thought) during the first week of voting, but, for reasons only ASA know, he was not eliminated from the contest. This alone is reason enough for James' fans to believe this contest was rigged and entirely bogus.

ASA, at the very least, owe Mr. James, Texas Speed Zone and the Texas racing community a humble apology while awarding Colt the Most Popular Driver award.

I am posting this on Texas Speed Zone because the vast majority of our 3,155 registered members and 20,000 unique monthly visitors believe your organization is conducting business on a level playing field.

Yours truly,

Nick Holt

Dano,I once had a legendary coach in college football ask me a couple of questions on a recruiting visit 33 yrs ago.He asked if I had ever been told by my coaches in the past that "it doesn't matter if you win or lose, but how you play the game".I answered ,"Yes Sir".His next reply was,"then why do they have scoreboards".

Dano,I once had a legendary coach in college football ask me a couple of questions on a recruiting visit 33 yrs ago.He asked if I had ever been told by my coaches in the past that "it doesn't matter if you win or lose, but how you play the game".I answered ,"Yes Sir".His next reply was,"then why do they have scoreboards".

Maybe Bear had his paycheck in mind. :lol:

Someone asked if the ASA had a place to post comments about this contest. They certainly do. The ASA has a forum just like this one. They have very few members however. It is not near the size of this site in numbers of members. It is moderated like this one, and the ASA staff monitors it.

If you take nothing else away from this experience, think about this and learn from it. It has real value. This was an "election" held via electronic balloting. The real stakes were actually quite low. They were high enough however for one individual to go to the trouble to manipulate the out come as HE SAW FIT, over the will of literally hundreds of other individuals.

Think about all of the elections in which we now participate which have electronic balloting, where the stakes of the outcome are much, much greater. Can we trust the accuracy of those results? How do we know THOSE results are not being manipulated by one or a small group of individuals. We've seen proof positive right on here that IT CAN BE DONE. Those that tell you it can't happen are either ignorant fools, or they are the very ones attempting to deceive you.

Ok.. here i go...

Why does this cast an bad view of ASA? Just because they put something that created for the most part Excitement for these drivers? What about the drivers who's names weren't even on the list?

By the posted rules, colt may not have won the "election" as stated before, but when you think about it.. He won a lot... his name has been atop the series buzz for how long? How many recruiters are out there looking for that future driver have seen colt and his fan base (Something very important to a professional race team).

Just because we lost this battle doesn't mean we didn't win. I as man was P'd off when i couldn't log into the asa site and vote last night, that or kept getting all the error messages. But in a nut shell the other teams integrity is at stake.. let us not stoop down to their level. Professional statement of what we observed and how we are unhappy with the happenings is expected and fair...

Just remember colt represents Texas, lets make sure we represent him as well as he has us!

Well said, Aaron.

Yes, I'm disappointed, just like the rest of you. But I agree that our pulling together to support one of our own is what really counts in the long run.

I did send a note to ASA about my feelings, written in a professional manner. If nothing else, I think they've learned a lot from this situation. In a way, I feel their pain. I've been in their shoes - doing something you think that benefits racing - and then it backfires. I truly don't think the ASA organization had anything to do with the "mess." I know most of the staff personally, and they try hard to be honest and fair to their drivers.

I think something really good came out of this contest. We all worked together towards a common goal - and I'm continuing to see the same trend with the Texas tracks working together. Maybe we're all finally getting the message about survival in a tough entertainment market.

Aaron,

I agree. I think any anger toward ASA is a bit misplaced. Perhaps they were a bit naive in how they went about it, but I really think they were just trying to hold a legitimate contest.

I think any blame should be directed at Brandon Johnson Racing. The manipulation originated in Florida, not with ASA in Michigan. Indeed, I think they are one of the victims. Their system was hacked. As proof of this I offer you the posts of Crazyhorse earlier in this thread. He received prior information of this and came on here and warned us in disgust and anger about precisely what was about to happen. Then it DID happen, exactly as he told us it was going to.

I agree with what Budman said about ASA not having any part in the deception that occurred during the voting. And I am sure if Deb indorses the ASA staff they must be good people. The real winners in this contest was TXSZ because it proved we can all work together and make the sport of racing in Texas the best there is. Maybe 2008 is the year that the sport will make its turn for the better. We all sure know that the year 2007 was tough and we did lose a bit. But this ASA contest I believe brought out our spirit and will energize the upcoming season. Colt will always be our popular driver in that series regardless of the vote outcome and the hacker who worked the final results will continue living on in his shadowed life of lurking in the background to do his cowardly deeds while the rest of us wll be out enjoying some real quality Texas racing. Happy New Year everyone and the best to everyone in 2008. :D

well he hasnt been on here with his glowing attitude ..maybe he is blocked off from speedzone ....better for him ...the one thing i miss already was haveing something i really wanted to do on here ... kinda lost after nearly three weeks of backspace ..enter ..back enter ...my board wont miss it ..its tired ....now what can i say to get nick after me ..kinda sorta missed him ..dont ever tell him that ...maybe we can vote for the most unpopular

speedzone posting person ... someone that really stands out ..someone that you just hate to see a post from .....got anyone in mind ....hhhhhmmmmm i thinking ....hhhmmmmmm nope cant think of anyone ...

Just to clarify something, this ASA deal is not the same ASA that we join in our track membership program. I am not sure if this series will be able to run any longer under the ASA banner since Mr. Huth bought ALL the rights to the name.

Colt, you got screwed. I left for vacation and you had a huge lead, I hate to hear that this happened. WE ALL KNOW who the best and most popular driver REALLY is.

well he hasnt been on here with his glowing attitude ..maybe he is blocked off from speedzone

That's correct.

Nick

kinda thought so .but i didnt just want to come out and ask .figured you would ..NOW LETS SEE IF HE CAN GET AROUND YOUR BLOCK ..LIKE HE DID ASA ...THAT WOULD JUST PROVE EVERYTHING ...

maybe we should have a best site moderator vote

Mr. Nick Holt has my vote if 41fan is blocked LOL

YOU KNOW YOU MAYBE ONTO SOMETHING ..ILL HAVE TO THINK ABOULT THAT SEEING MINE AND NICKS PAST ....... OH WHAT THE HECK ..NICK HAS MY VOTE THATS THE ONE SURE THING .WE CAN CONTROL ...SOMEONE BUY HIM LUNCH ..

Does anybody have an issue they need voted on? I'm typing this left handed. I had to tie my right hand behind my back. It just keeps hitting the backspace and enter keys. Can't get it to type anything else. :lol:

WELL YOU CAN VOTE FOR OR AGAINST RAIN ..THIS YEAR .....I BET AGAINST WILL WIN HANDS DOWN ..WELL UNLESS SOME KNUCKLEHEAD HACKS THE SIGHT AND VOTES FOR RAIN UNTILL HE GETS HIS CAR FINISHED ..

How about we vote on how many posts OT can make in a single day, or maybe limit the amount of words he can use in each post.

I'll start,

ONE POST PER DAY

FIVE WORDS MAX

ALL HAVE TO BE SPELLED CORRECTLY

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHATS THE PRIXE ..... OK PRIZE ....

I sat down last evening and reread this entire thread, post by post, start to finish. This is not the only thread. There are half a dozen or more others. This is just the last one. It's still just incredible to me the amount of effort expended by so many people over the days and weeks of this contest, only to be kicked in our collective teeth during the very last few hours of the contest. It is a "MUST READ".

This question comes to mind ...................... "SO WHAT NOW?"

Do we just sit on our collective hands and wait until the ASA hands over the MOST POPULAR DRIVER AWARD to Brandon Johnson on January 19th, then politely smile and applaud when he smiles and waves as he walks away with it? Nick and Deb wrote polite letters to the ASA. Have they heard anything back from them? Does the ASA even care? Are they taking any action in this matter? Is Brandon Johnson aware of what has been going on? Has anyone heard from him? Should we, the members take any action on this? I'd like to hear from y'all. What do you think?

Archived