COLT

Budman

Nick and Deb wrote polite letters to the ASA. Have they heard anything back from them?

I don't know about Debbie, but I have not heard from ASALMS or anyone connected with ASALMS.

Since ASALMS no longer runs in Texas, I can only imagine that they could care less what we think of them or their MPD contest.

By the way, over the years I have faithfully posted ASALMS releases, kept our members up to date with information I receive about our Texas-based ASALMS drivers and have otherwise cooperated fully with ASALMS here on Texas Speed Zone.

Nick

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did receive a reply from Sandy Varney with the ASA LMS. I had invited her to visit TSZ to see the frustration from the Texas fans. Here's her reply:

Hi Debbie,

We had a nice holiday – I hope you did as well.

As for the poll, yes I have had a few emails from folks – and I will answer this the same way – there were no rules, it was just for fun, it is not democratic, scientific or even balanced it was pretty much vote as much as you can – if you got kicked off the server (which many did from many different teams) you needed to find another computer or person to take the place of that one. The server issue is not something that is in our control, never will be, never was and I never want it to be.

I think next year we will do it differently, if we would have known that this is what would happen we would have never, ever done it in the 1st place. Last week I got my but kicked from Brandon’s supporters, this week from Colt’s.

I talked to Colt today and he is fine with it, he does understand that it is what it is – I can’t imagine the server, whoever they are have anything for or against Brandon or Colt –

I watched the poll all week and it appeared that Colt and Brandon were neck and neck – I know I handled plenty of complaints from their supporters and I suggested that they rally the troops and get more voters. The ones that are coming in this morning from Colt’s team are just nasty and I really don’t understand – this has gone over board, it was something that was created to try and encourage people to come to the site and participate in the series, not what has happened.

I am not going to visit the site to see what they are saying, based on the emails I have received, I can already guess.

I apologize that this has caused as much grief and anxiety for everyone; that was never our intention and we would never do anything like some of the things we are accused of to one of our teams.

Thanks

Sandy

Sandy's response clearly means that ASALMS had nothing to do with the poll administration. OK. I can live with that.

I wonder, though, just exactly who ran the poll for ASALMS. Something was very, very wrong with the voting process over that last 24 hours of the vote. I guess we just sit down and shut up about it since we'll probably never know who's responsible for this particular fiasco.

Nick

Well we can sit down, but we don't have to shut up.

It's just wrong no matter which way you look at it.

Have you still recieved no response from them Nick?

I am just wondering what her answer would be to your question as to why the 41 was not booted of the first week when he was at the bottom.

Kathy,

No, I have not received a response and would be very surprised if I do.

Even though my letter to them was polite and respectful, I did bring up the pertinent issues which they undoubtedly found difficult to address.

Nick

IMHO the results of ASA's MPD contest should be subject to post race tech. An investigation of the final 24 hours activities on the ASA server should be able to prove (or disprove) to all concerned (and there are many!) what so many 015 car fans know took place. There is no reasonable explanation other than blatant cheating to what happened Sunday afternoon and into early Monday morning. As Sandy stated when she looked the 015 & 41 were neck & neck. How can anyone possibly believe that Colt lost a +- 750K lead by 3 million votes in 20 hours? If ASA LMS wishes to maintain credibility (not just in Texas where they no longer race) why not tech this contest just like a race? None of us on Texas Speedzone would have anything to say beyond congratulations to the winner if the voting had been fair and on the up & up.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

abviously she only looked at the poll the first day and the last day ..i guess she didnt look real hard at the million ..300. thousand plus lead .evaperate like ice on fire .... they knew what was going on ..remember they dont race texas ..why let a texan win ...know matter how they cook the meat it will be raw for me for awhile ...as for the nasty ones...get used to it ..your ideal ..your design and your show ...... what was that forbidden part that kept comeing up if thier were no rules ...cough choke .dang. i just choked on raw meat ....

As for the poll, yes I have had a few emails from folks – and I will answer this the same way – there were no rules.

Thanks

Sandy

Most everyone kept implying that "auto" vote was somehow "dishonest or not the right way"and there was not even a set of rules to break. We should have run it wide open from the beginning(with everyone on "Auto")and then we MIGHT have had to big a lead for them to have overcome.You guys can't even say that they cheated now because this Lady says that there was NO rules.There is no way to cheat when there is NO rules!!!!! :blink:

What a shame.When voting in most online polls....if you just go to internet options and clear your cookies you can cast another vote immediately.Obviously this poll didn't even require that.Someone ran a hex(file attached to an original file)program that racked up a certain amount of votes at whatever pace the person wanted it to.This is very common in online gaming.It's alot easier on the fingers lol.Sorry Colt....go win some more races and the stupid poll will be worthless.....winners are always the most popular racers.

p.s.....I must have voted 100,000 times myself....I even had to buy a new mouse.

What a shame.When voting in most online polls....if you just go to internet options and clear your cookies you can cast another vote immediately.Obviously this poll didn't even require that.Someone ran a hex(file attached to an original file)program that racked up a certain amount of votes at whatever pace the person wanted it to.This is very common in online gaming.It's alot easier on the fingers lol.Sorry Colt....go win some more races and the stupid poll will be worthless.....winners are always the most popular racers.

p.s.....I must have voted 100,000 times myself....I even had to buy a new mouse.

Turbo-you should have run a hex file for us!!!!!! ;)

Archived