Meyer Speedway Pics 2

Trotter1t

I'M BACKKKKK...Sorry to be taking so long getting around to posting SOMETHING...Now that I'm retired and have nothing that I actually HAVE to do, it seems I don't have the time to do ANYTHING - I haven't figured out yet how that happened. Anyway, I just noticed my albums sitting there and thought I'd get something on here to start, or re-start, and hopefully, once I get this going, it will be easier to CONTINUE it!

post-3-1318263158.jpg

First up, local Houston driver James Wood in his nice Chevelle...

post-3-1318263271.jpg

Another local, Ed Trahan, in another nice Chevelle...

post-3-1318263336.jpg

post-3-1318263346.jpg

Two pictures of Vaughn Brune, who always seemed to run well at Meyer...

post-3-1318263437.jpg

Joe Auppia and crew, really like the matching shirts...

post-3-1318263489.jpg

Joe Auppia ontrack...

post-3-1318263522.jpg

Joe takes a spin coming off turn two...

I'm pretty much spending my time on eBay, buying and selling - buying whatever I see that I might want, and selling all of my old NASCAR junk, since I'm NO LONGER a fan!!

Hopefully I will be back soon with more postings, oh, by the way, all these (WOW, all of 7!!) photos are from 1972 (has it really been that long?)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago now, there was a guy named Matt Brune who raced both Late Models and TAMS Modifieds with the #75 on them. Think he was from around Giddings.

Anyone know if he is related to Vaughn Brune pictured above?

hey tommyo thanks for the photo of joe auppia and his falcone at meyers thats me second on the left i was 15 at that time you had to be 16 to get in to the pits back then we went to tubys shop to get my license with no problem the man third from the left is bill mullins who ran a 64 fairlane at meyers this photo brings back memories i have been looking for this photo for years thanks

OK, time for more Hobbies, or as it has been pointed out to me to be Politically Correct (Yeah, like THAT's ever going to Happen!) NASCAR Limited Sportsman cars:

post-3-1319510400.jpg

post-3-1319510408.jpg

2 more pics of Joe Auippa ontrack

post-3-1319510451.jpg

...and Joe with his crew again

post-3-1319510520.jpg

Local owner-driver Dennis Crosby ontrack

post-3-1319510527.jpg

Local owner-driver Sam Koebcke ontrack

post-3-1319510564.jpg

post-3-1319510571.jpg

Local owner-driver Skeeter Moore, ontrack and with car

post-3-1319510598.jpg

This is Billy Ahart early on May 28, 1972....Next time I will show you what happened to Billy later that evening...Oh, I can feel the suspense building....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK. no photos today...the last time I posted photos, it appears that it took about 10 days before anyone even looked at them..I've been e-baying it, selling off my NASCAR diecast collection, except the Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty and Darryl Waltrip stuff, which has kept me pretty busy. However, even if hardly anyone is actually looking at the stuff we post on here I will try to start off the New Year with some photo posts..no promises of just how often I post, depends on the response I get from the time it takes to do it...Come on guys, lets wake up this website...it's been slloooww lately!! Start of the New Year right by having a SAFE New Year!

tommyo

...the last time I posted photos, it appears that it took about 10 days before anyone even looked at them..

I check this forum regularly and am delighted to see anything from Meyer - (feeling a bit like "chopped liver"... :( ....). I have nothing to add, but that doesn't mean they aren't appreciated.

Tommyo, it may take some of us awhile to look at your post/pictures but I think all of us appreciate your posting. Always interested in any Meyers Supermodified/Liberty Bell 300 photos. I have a request, could you post any pictures you have of our Super (Sprint Car), red #30 from Mobile. We ran the Liberty Bell 3 or 4 times with both Bill Roynon and Royce Whitlock as our drivers. Thanks in advance and I look forward to all of your post.

Glad to see some action on here again, lets get things going.

Tommy here is my request list for now. #46 Ray Withrow 1963 Fairlane, #95 Robert Elmore 1966 Galaxie(2-paint schemes), #1 Ed Jordan owner drivers Don Self, Bill White and Walter Ballard 1966 Mercury Comet and later with a 1968 Fairlane front end, # 92 Ron Borgardt 1966 Chevelle, Johnny Unitas #07 (?) Dodge Charger. More super pictures also.

thanks; Byron

OK, we're gonna start off slowly and see how this goes. On my last post (was it really last October?) I promised to show you what happened to Hobby driver Billy Ahart - These photos are from May 28, 1972...I do not remember any details of this incident...

post-3-1325713613.jpg

post-3-1325713618.jpg

post-3-1325713623.jpg

post-3-1325713628.jpg

post-3-1325713634.jpg

Glad to see some action on here again, lets get things going.

Tommy here is my request list for now. #46 Ray Withrow 1963 Fairlane, #95 Robert Elmore 1966 Galaxie(2-paint schemes), #1 Ed Jordan owner drivers Don Self, Bill White and Walter Ballard 1966 Mercury Comet and later with a 1968 Fairlane front end, # 92 Ron Borgardt 1966 Chevelle, Johnny Unitas #07 (?) Dodge Charger. More super pictures also.

thanks; Byron

My first post so sorry if I mess it up. Here are pics of Robert Elmore 1966 Galaxie for Byron.

post-3-1325648729.jpg

post-13812-1325648045.jpg

post-13812-1325648062.jpg

I'm not a native Texan...but I love old racing pictures. I'm especially fascinated by the big cubic inch motors and the different running gear. (Why can't we do that today?!) Seeing a car running 8-lug wheels is just plain cool. Growing up in the Northeast I would occasionally see my Uncle's 57 Chevy sitting in front of his house. Unfortunately I never got to see the cars up close... :( ...my dad always seemed to have something for me to do.

Thanks for the photos! And please keep them rolling. Personally, I just love a 'stock car'...but "There's nothing stock about a stock car."... :lol:

If I ever came across a grave yard for old stock cars I'm sure I'd have to tell my wife to change my mailing address!... :lol:

Thanks again...

Thanks for the pictures Tommy

Does anyone know the origins of the 95 car, was it built here or bought from someone else, NASCAR, USAC, ARCA or IMCA stock car, where did it go after it ran Meyer?

thanks for any info, I'm just curious about it. Byron

Archived