COMMON RULES

START.. or Support Texas Auto Racing Together... Disbanded due to lack of participation...

Here is my take AGAIN.. a common set of rules will only allow the same number of cars to be shared by the same number of tracks..

What is needed is for the cars that people have sitting in the back yard because they couldn't sell it..

Don't want to sell because they want to race but can't afford the upgrades needed....

In the quarter midgets we are trying to get all those cars out onto the web classified section..

This way when the new blood wants to race but not build cars.. we can drag them out of the dust and onto the track..

SO maybe we should be hunting down these cars and getting the visibility to them so they can be bought up!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The common rules and atleast a headsup on rule changes will help get car counts up... Like I have said I am about to build a sportsman car to hopefully have done by the end of this year... Now say next year rules get changed again what would I do... Thats the delima here with the guys with the cars in their garages....

On the tracks alternating big shows or whatever, didn't THR used to run on Friday nights and SAS still on Saturday nights back in the day.... I might be wrong but my step-dad was saying something about that it used to be like that back in the 80's.... Just think wouldnt it be cool if THR ran on Friday's, SAS ran on Saturdays, and CC ran on Sundays and if they all had a common set of rules... Theoreticaly (check spelling) you could race a whole weekend... Granted it wouldnt be that cheap but it is doable...

ss99,

We are right with you. I would love for you'll to come run at SAS on a regular basis. I know when we were practicing at THR you'll were there to help figure the car out. There are many many more out there like you'll who love to race and don't mind lending a hand to other teams. Last time I checked that is what racing is supposed to be about and I think it is for the most part.

After numerous talks with Terry D. I know his Heart and Wallet are in this for a long haul. I don't talk with the THR, CC, or HMP folks; so I can't speak for any of them. I firmly believe that Rick and Terry D. would extertain this idea and CSR is right lets put the ideas to paper and see where this goes.

The common rules and atleast a headsup on rule changes will help get car counts up... Like I have said I am about to build a sportsman car to hopefully have done by the end of this year... Now say next year rules get changed again what would I do... Thats the delima here with the guys with the cars in their garages....

On the tracks alternating big shows or whatever, didn't THR used to run on Friday nights and SAS still on Saturday nights back in the day.... I might be wrong but my step-dad was saying something about that it used to be like that back in the 80's.... Just think wouldnt it be cool if THR ran on Friday's, SAS ran on Saturdays, and CC ran on Sundays and if they all had a common set of rules... Theoreticaly (check spelling) you could race a whole weekend... Granted it wouldnt be that cheap but it is doable...

THR never ran on Fridays, but there was a time when Longhorn Speedway ran on Fridays and THR ran on Saturdays. Several guys ran both tracks. That only lasted a couple of years before Longhorn shut down for good. Personally, I think the better plan is for both tracks to run on Saturdays but alternate weekends off.

Aaron,

I wont try to speak for the people who have cars put up. It could be money, personality differences or who knows what?

With the exception of wrecking ones car on the weekend they are away from their Home Track, I can't see why any one track owner or car owner would be against this.

P.S. Good job of getting those cars recirculated... Many Kuddos!

Just so you guys will know. Austin Speed-o-rama opened in 1960. It was later run under a number of different names, including Longhorn Speedway. From the time they opened, all during the 60's and on into the 70's I think, they ran on Friday Nights. This made for good car counts, 'cause guys would run there from Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Abilene/San Angelo and sometimes Waco. They would all return to their home tracks to run Saturdays. The Austin guys would mostly run San Antonio Saturday nights. ........................ But that is when you could actually travel between Austin and San Antonio within a reasonable amount of time on Friday and Saturday nights. That's pretty difficult to do anymore. See if you can believe this. You could actually get to San Antonio from Austin in 1955, before they ever started building I-35, in less time than you can now.

Alternating Saturday nights sounds like the best option, even if it is only one class at a time, rather than closing completely.

START.. or Support Texas Auto Racing Together... Disbanded due to lack of participation...

Here is my take AGAIN.. a common set of rules will only allow the same number of cars to be shared by the same number of tracks..

What is needed is for the cars that people have sitting in the back yard because they couldn't sell it..

Don't want to sell because they want to race but can't afford the upgrades needed....

In the quarter midgets we are trying to get all those cars out onto the web classified section..

This way when the new blood wants to race but not build cars.. we can drag them out of the dust and onto the track..

SO maybe we should be hunting down these cars and getting the visibility to them so they can be bought up!!

That could be true, but it also might motivate a few of the guys with cars sitting in their back yard to come back and race.

Your also right about hunting down cars that are just sitting, maybe anyone who knows of a race car not being used could post some information on this thread.

:D:D

Over the next few weeks in my spare time I will be assembling a presentation for the asphalt track owners on common rules. I would appreciate it if anyone and everyone would PM me with ideas that they would like to see implemented or changed. Before anything is submitted I will post a thread for anyone who would like to see a copy of it.

:D

The DRAFT version of the TTOPA bylaws included many of the things we are all talking about these days. TTOPA was doing OK until the common set of LM rules that had been developed over a two-year period (with extensive participation from all the involved tracks) were suddenly abandoned.

======================================

ARTICLE II: Purposes

TTOPA’s overall purpose is to improve Texas short track stock car racing by promoting

close cooperation among member stock car racing tracks.

The specific purposes of Texas Auto Racing Promoters include:

1) To promote closer working relationships among member tracks.

2) To work towards formulating similar rules for similar classes and establishing reciprocal rules agreements among member tracks.

3) To work towards a set of common race procedures.

4) To coordinate track schedules and touring series schedules.5) To seek purchasing agreements for certain consumables through TARP.

6) To work together to resolve issues that impact asphalt racing in general and member tracks in particular.

yeah i remember there for a while it looked like the ttopa was going to work out and unite texas asphalt racing, but then all of a sudden like someone flipped a switch everything did a 180 and there was no working together at all between the tracks...........what happened to cause such an abrupt halt to all that hard work........its like we were going to take a step foward, but instead took two steps back............

........................... and so we end up with 4 touring classes of late models, and one local class. Good thinking. How short-sighted is that!?!

Remember this, if those of us who have posted on this thread were not GENUINELY concerned about short track asphalt racing in Texas, why would we bother to post on this thread?

That was perfect Budman....most bashes I have read on here were accidental or out of frustration over things happening that people see ,yet can't control.I am willing to bet 99% of what is considered a bash on this forum was never meant to hurt or alienate anyone.

Whether you race,or are a fan,just make it to the race track,and let the reasons for failure become the owner/promoter's.

I have a decision in my buisness on whether or not to keep a portion of it open or to sublet it.The former being the most profitable but not the most prideful.I would be interested if that is the case in Montgomery.I bet someone made them "an offer they couldn't refuse",vurses continuing to make a "smaller"profit.

Normally, anything anyone says to me or PM’s me, I keep to myself. I believe trust is an important issue and if you break that trust it is gone forever, the same goes for giving someone your word. Although in this case I feel I must make an exception.

When I posted this thread I included a sentence stating, BASHERS WELCOME , JUST DO IT CONSTRUCTIVELY SO YOUR OPNION GETS READ NOT DELETED.

I received an e-mail, I will be withholding the persons identity, because I’m not posting this to BASH that person or give the person an audience, just to say let’s try to keep the responses constructive, not destructive.

First e-mail, titled “f##k the rules”

F##k changing the rules AGAIN FOR 5 YEARS, IT HAPPENS EVERY F##KING YEAR. SHUT THE F##K UP AND RACE THE WAY IT IS OR DONT RACE AT ALL

Second e-mail, titled “BY THE WAY”

DO YOU RACE OR NOT? WHAT DOG DO YOU HAVE IN THIS HUNT?

Third e-mail, titled “AND BY THE WAY”

A F##KING CRATE MOTOR COSTS $6000, $3200 TO GET IT TRUED FROM A CERTIFIED REBUILDER, CARB IS $1500 FROM VDL, AND SPECIAL FLY WHEEL $800, AND WITH THE REST OF THE SHIT HANGING ON THE FRONT BRINGS IT TO OVER $15,000. THE SAME F##KING COSTS OF A CONCEPT SUPER LATE. F##K THEM CRATE PILE OF JUNK NO HORSEPOWER F#GGET MOTORS.

I guess my point is keep the e-mail coming, they are read and appreciated.

One last thing about the crate engines, let’s say your right and the crate engine cost as much as a concept engine, if the crate engine last two seasons and the concept engine is good for one season, doesn’t the crate still cost half as much.:D:D

Just got back from a long day and night supporting my local track ..............................

T.D.  

Twas not a bash.  Merely making an observation.  :D

Most of us refer to Terry Dickerson as T.D. I am very sure you are not T.D., but could you please explain what you meant by signing your post with T.D.?

By the way, Terry is just about computer illiterate. He does do email and knows how to read websites, but I doubt you will ever see him posting in a forum any time soon. LOL

Thanks.

Nick Holt

OOphs,

Sorry for any confusion. I was only replying to Turbo-Diesel's (TD) response. I have often referred to Turbo-Diesel on here as TD. But, I will not make that mistake again in the future. Again, sorry for any confusion I may have created on this.

(I have edited my faulty spacing and punctuation in the post above. Hopefully this will help.)

Nick,

TTOPA sounds like the obvious vehicle to utilize to reach some agreements and compromises among the management of the four Texas tracks. Other than at season's end kidnapping the 4 management teams, handcuffing them to each other around a conference table, and withholding food, drink and restroom privileges until they hammer out some agreements, which by the way I have not totally ruled out, how can I and other interested TXSZ members help? Feel free to reply on here, pm or email me (us).

Nick,

TTOPA sounds like the obvious vehicle to utilize to reach some agreements and compromises among the management of the four Texas tracks. Other than at season's end kidnapping the 4 management teams, handcuffing them to each other around a conference table, and withholding food, drink and restroom privileges until they hammer out some agreements, which by the way I have not totally ruled out, how can I and other interested TXSZ members help? Feel free to reply on here, pm or email me (us).

Budman,

I like the way you think!!!! Mission Impossible 4 - COMMON RULES

:D:D

Nick,

Well, I just about did the handcuff thing over the past two years.. lol. And we did actually have three out of the five paved tracks in Texas sitting around a table talking turkey.

I haven't given up on TTOPA yet. There is just too much sentiment for common rules out there and too much for all of racing to gain by having the tracks cooperate with their season schedules.

I'll try to keep folks posted as things start to develop - if they do...

Nick Holt

• 3 weeks later...

I figured I’d write a set of rules and let everyone rip them apart, I used the SAS rules as a basis, since in my opinion Wayne and Nick have done a very good and detailed job. All cars that are legal today would be grandfathered in for the 2007 through 2009 seasons, receiving either a weight penalty or weight break to keep a level playing field.

The purpose of this tread is to exchange ideas about common rules ( pure stock, hobby stock and street stock) to benefit the asphalt racing community in Texas. One of the main ideas is to build up the car counts over the next 5 - 7 years by establishing common rules that would be implemented and stuck to for 5 - 7 years. Also, allowing someone who is interested in building a pure stock to eventually move up into either a hobby stock or street stock division without having to sell their current car and start from scratch. There would be a lot more involved in writing a set of common rules. The USRA trucks would remain a touring series that could run a combined feature with the local street stock class. In order to do this the there would be a third engine option for the trucks.

2007 - 2014 ENGINE OPTION FOR THE USRA TRUCK RULES

Engine Option C,

ENGINE:

Street stock engine claim rule is $3,500, if refused all points and money won will be forfeited for the night. The claim is for the complete engine minus carburetor, alternator, pulley system, starter, distributor and wires.

The following characteristics must be identical with the production engine upon which recognition of type has been granted. All parts listed below must originate from stock production castings and forgings which have been machined according to the normal machining schedule utilized for standard production parts:

1. Cylinder Block:

a. material

b. number of cylinders

c. angle of cylinders

d. number of main bearings and type

e. integral or separate cylinder sleeves

f. location of camshaft

g. overall configuration

2. Cylinder Head:

a. material

b. number of valves per cylinder

c. type of combustion chamber

d. location/angle of spark plug

e. location/arrangement/angle of valves

f. type of valve actuation

g. number of intake and exhaust ports

h. center distance of intake and exhaust ports

i. shape of intake and exhaust ports

j. firing order

Engine must be factory stock. V-8 engines only. Engine may be changed within the manufacturer's line. All street stock cars must have the engine and carburetor sealed within the first four weeks of the season. After that, you may be disqualified if the car is inspected and any seal is broken. $150 resealing fee if seals are broken. Engine location is measured on the right side (passenger side) from the forward most spark plug centerline rearward (and perpendicular) to an imaginary line connecting the left and right front weight jack bolts. The number one spark plug may be no further back than the upper ball joint, the front of the left side head must be no further back than the ball joint on a Ford, and Dodge .

MAXIMUM COMPRESSION RATIO IS 10.5:1. NO EXCEPTIONS.

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:

1. General Motors engines are allowed 350 cubic inches plus .060 inches overbore per cylinder.

2. Ford engines are allowed 351 cubic inches plus .060 overbore per cylinder.

3. Chrysler engines are allowed 360 cubic inches plus .060 inches overbore per cylinder.

4. Ford may run a 347 stroker engine.

5. Chrysler may run a 349 stroker engine.

5. No engine bore size may exceed .060.

ENGINE BLOCK:

1. The engine block must be of standard factory production with standard external measurements in all respects.

2. No aftermarket, aluminum or bowtie blocks permitted.

3. Deck height of block cannot be below zero. The piston cannot protrude above deck

height of block. No angle milling.

4. Chevrolet “Bowtie” blocks or blocks accepting small journal crankshafts is not

allowed.

INTERNAL CHANGES:

1. No internal grinding or polishing allowed. Oil returned passages may be cleaned and opened up.

2. No coatings of any type are permitted on any part of the engine.

3. No external crankcase evacuation devices permitted.

PISTONS/RODS:

1. Any flat top piston may be used.

2. Valve reliefs may be cut into pistons.

3. No portion of the piston may protrude above the top of the block.

4. Aftermarket rods permitted. They must be a solid beam type steel sportsman rod. Rod length must be factory cast in rod.

A) Chevrolet must use I beam 6.000 rod.

B) Ford products will be I beam rods 5.778” or 5.984” length.

C) Ford Stroker will use I beam rods 5.4" long

D) Mopar products will be 6.123” length.

E) Mopar Stroker will use I beam rods 6.123" long

CRANKSHAFT/BALANCER:

1. Only standard steel or cast iron production design crankshafts permitted.

2. Minimum weight of crankshaft is 48 pounds with gear.

3. No small journal Chevrolet crankshafts allowed.

4. No aftermarket design crankshafts permitted.

5. Stroke may be increased on Ford 302 and Chrysler 318.

6. Knife-edging, contouring or streamlining of cranks are not allowed.

7. Only standard OEM type balancers are permitted. Aftermarket steel balancers or fluid balancers are permitted. No aluminum permitted.

8. Aftermarket crankshafts allowed as long as they are direct replacement for OEM

(stock).

CYLINDER HEAD:

1. Cylinder heads must be of stock production only.

2. Bowtie, aluminum, Dart II, World products, angle plug, GM Vortec, SVO, or W2, W5, or W9 heads are not permitted.

3. Limit of two valves per cylinder.

4. All valve angles must be within one degree of standard production cast iron cylinder

heads.

5.Valves cannot protrude from combustion chamber when valves are closed.

6. No porting or polishing of intake or exhaust ports permitted. No substances permitted which would alter ports or runners (acid dipping).

7. No titanium or other lightweight valves permitted.

8. No porting or polishing permitted.

9. External modifications will not be permitted.

10. Internal polishing, porting, and relieving is not permitted.

11. All heads are limited to a minimum 58 cc combustion chamber.

12. No modifications to combustion chamber permitted, including unshrouding of intake or exhaust valve sides of chamber. Basic three angle valve job permitted. The only angles permitted will be as follows:

- Top angle 30 degrees

- Seat angle 45 degrees

- Bottom angle 60 degrees

A 70 degree or greater angle below bottom of valve seat is not permitted. The maximum grinding, cutting, or machining depth permitted will be limited to a maximum depth of .250 (1/4") as measured from top of the valve seat. All cutting, grinding, and machining in reference to the specified angles must be centered off the center line of the valve guide. Upon completion of valve job, all areas below

the specified depth including but not limited to: short side radii, bowl area, port floors, port roofs. port sides, area above bottom of valve guide protrusion, port runners, port entrances, exhaust port exits, may not be machined relieved, ground, extrusion honed or altered in any manner. Cylinder heads must retain all factory stock as cast dimensions and configurations.

GM - Intake 2.02, Exhaust 1.720

Mopar - Intake 2.020, Exhaust 1.740

Ford - Intake 2.040, Exhaust 1.656

13. All heads must have visible and unaltered casting numbers. Any heads with unreadable or altered casting numbers will be impounded immediately, and the competitor will be disqualified from the event.

HEAD GASKETS/SPACERS:

1. On all engines, only one standard flat gasket may be used between the head and the intake manifold. No wedge type gaskets allowed.

2. No metal or spacers allowed.

CAMSHAFT/VALVE/LIFTERS/ROCKER ARMS/TIMINGCHAIN:

1. Solid or hydraulic camshaft permitted.

2. No roller camshaft and/or lifters permitted.

3. No mushroom lifters permitted.

4. Stock diameter lifters only for make of engine.

5. Lifters must be similar in design/size as original equipment.

6. Up to a 1.60 ratio roller tip rocker arms are permitted.

7. OEM type timing chain only. No gear or belt drives permitted.

8. No stud girdles or roller rocker arms permitted.

9. Only steel valve spring retainers are permitted.

10. Shaft style rocker arm not permitted.

11. Any type of mechanical assistance exerting a force to assist in closing the valve

and/or push rod, commonly known as rev-kits will not be permitted.

12. Only steel hydraulic or solid lifters of original size for engine being used without

coatings of any kind permitted.

13. Only OEM (stock) type timing gears and chain allowed. Dual roller chains allowed. Timing advance or retard buttons allowed. No belt drive systems allowed.

14. Maximum camshaft lift, intake and exhaust, is 333 thousands at the camshaft.

15. Only the stock type steel or stainless steel valves are legal.

16. No four or five-angle valve jobs allowed.

17. Cutting for larger diameter spring is allowed. Any type guide material may be used. The valve guides must be in the stock factory location, angle, and spacing. 3

18. Valve springs must be of the stock type. No triple, conical, or progressive springs allowed.

19. Valve spring pressure cannot exceed 125 pounds of seat pressure as measured on an a track approved spring tester. Measurements may be taken at race conditions and race temperatures.

20. Valve stems must be stock height only.

21. Retainers must be steel or chrome-molly steel only. Valve spring retainers must be stock type only. Plus or minus height retainers are allowed.

22. Valve spring keepers must be stock type only. No plus or minus height keepers allowed. Seven or ten degree locks may be used.

23. No lightweight push rods allowed. Push rods may be sized to length to fit geometry. No rev-kits, stud girdles, offset rocker arms, roller rocker arms, roller pivot rocker arms, roller lifters, light weight lifters, coated lifters, mushroom lifters, or oversize lifters are permitted.

24. Stock or roller timing chains are allowed, Torrington Thrust Bearings, to prevent block wear, are legal. No gear or belt drives allowed. Cam thrust-buttons are allowed. Camshaft degreeing is optional. After market rocker arm retaining nuts are allowed.

25. The Chevy rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and guide plates. Stock rocker ratios must be 1.6:1. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are legal

26. The Ford rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and may use Ford factory, stock style, early, 1.6: 1, non-rail rocker arms and guide plates. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are legal. Rocker arm pivot shims may also be used.

27. The Dodge may be converted to use the factory type Dodge truck adjustable rocker arms and push rods. The adjustable rockers must retain the stock ratio of 1.6:1. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are permitted.

INTAKE MANIFOLD:

1. Absolutely no modifications/alterations allowed. This includes: grinding, porting, polishing, etching, coating, painting, acid dipping. port matching, increasing entry port size, beveling, machining of the carburetor mounting surface.

2. All casting numbers, manufacturer's numbers and firing order must remain on manifold.

3. Intake manifold must be approved by the officials.

4. The following aftermarket intakes may be used. All part numbers are current design Edlebrook series intake manifolds: Chevrolet - #2101, Chrysler - #2176, Ford “Windsor” - #2181, Ford “Cleveland” - #2171.

OIL PANS:

1. Wet sump only. No dry sump system or external pumps allowed.

2. Accusump systems prohibited.

3. Oil pan must have a 1 inch inside diameter round inspection hole. Inspection hole

must be located to allow easy inspection of the crankshaft and rods.

4. Kick outs are not allowed between the bolt flange and the top of the added sump.

5. Engine oil coolers are allowed

CARBURETOR: Claim of $400.00

1. Stock R4412 Holley two barrel 500 cfm is the only legal carburetor.

2. Approved Carburetor - 350 CFM Holley 2300 two-barrel carburetor, list number 7448 and the Holley 2300 HP two-barrel carburetor, part number 80787-1, with a ventures size of 1-3/16 inches and maintaining a throttle bore maximum size of 1-1/2 inches.

BODY OF CARBURETOR:

1. The main body and metering block may not be reworked in any way. They must remain box stock.

2. Reshaping, polishing, grinding, or drilling of additional holes will not be permitted.

3. The amount off holes and their location must remain as manufactured. Additional holes and passages will not be permitted.

4. Additional screw-in pressed in bleed holes in the main body or metering block will not be permitted.

5. The choke may be removed, but all screw holes must be sealed.

CHOKE HORN:

1. Choke horn may not be removed.

BOOSTERS:

1. Boosters may not be changed.

2. Size and shape of booster must not be altered.

3. Height must remain standard.

VENTURI:

1. Venturi area must not be altered or reshaped in any way. The ventures must be

completely round. The casting ring may not be removed and the location of the

ventures must remain as produced by the manufacturer.

2. No additional air to be picked up below the openings of the venturi such as altered gaskets, base plate, or holes drilled into the carburetor.

3. Alterations that, in the judgment of Track Officials, were made to allow additional

air to be picked up below the opening of the ventures such as altered gaskets, base

plates, and drilling holes into the carburetor will not be permitted.

BASE PLATE:

1. Base plate must not be altered in any way. All openings must be permanently plugged.

2. No holes may be drilled in the base plate.

BUTTERFLIES:

1. Stock butterflies must not be thinned or tapered.

2. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies.

3. Screw ends may be cut even with the shaft but screw heads must remain standard.

THROTTLE SHAFT:

1. Stock throttle plate and throttle shaft must remain standard and must not be thinned,

cut or nicked in any matter. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies. Screw ends may be cut even with the shafts, but the screw heads must remain standard.

2. The carburetor throttle body must be used as provided by the manufacturer. The

positioning of the throttle bores in the carburetor throttle body must be the same as provided by the manufacturer. The throttle bores must be completely round. The throttle bores must be straight without taper from top to bottom. The throttle bores must remain perpendicular to the top and bottom of the carburetor throttle body. The throttle body (base plate) must not be altered in shape or size. All vacuum holes must be threaded and plugged.

CARBURETOR SPACER/GASKET:

1. Only a one piece spacer, maximum one inch in thickness may be installed between the intake manifold and the carburetor.

2. The spacer must have two holes that match the base of the carburetor. Holes must be cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. No taper or bevels.

3. No sandwich type or insulator type gaskets permitted. The maximum gasket thickness shall be .065.

CHANGES TO THE 4412 AND 7448 CARBURETORS ARE PERMITTED:

1. The choke butterfly and shaft may be removed.

2. The power valve and the jets may be changed.

3. The butterflies may be drilled with one hole no larger than 3/16-inch diameter.

ADDITIONAL CARBURETOR REWORK GUIDELINES FOR THE 7448

1. The maximum size for the air bleed holes in the top of the carburetor body will be 0.080 inch for all four holes. Screw in air bleed jets will not be permitted in the 2300 main body.

2. Screw in air bleed jets will be permitted for the 2300 HP main body, but they must be epoxied in place. For the Holley 2300 HP main body, the amount of holes and passages must remain as manufactured. Additional and/or plugging holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley 2300 HP main body.

3. The booster type must not be changed. The Holley booster part number 45R-107-1, with the casting number 45R-107 and part number 45R-312R, with the casting number 45R-312 are the only boosters that will be permitted. The Holley casting numbers must remain legible on the top of all booster stems. Size or shape must not be altered. Height and location of the boosters must remain as manufactured. All boosters must maintain a minimum outside diameter of 0.616 inch. The addition of material will not be permitted to the boosters with the exception of a small amount of epoxy that may be used to assist in securing the booster stem to the main body of the carburetor.

4. The accelerator pump discharge nozzle must not be changed. The retaining screw must not be drilled for a discharge passage.

5. Power valves and floats may be altered.

6. Only Holley metering blocks can be used. Surfacing of the metering blocks for improved gasket seal will be permitted. The only metering blocks permitted for the Holley 2300 HP carburetor (80787-1) will be the Holley, part numbers 11938N, 11886 (390HP), and 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) metering blocks. To order metering block part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) the sales number is 134-276. For the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks, the amount of holes and passages and the location must remain as manufactured, however, hole sizes may be altered. Additional holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks.

7. The Holley metering block, part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) will not be permitted in the Holley 2300, list number 7448.

CARBURETOR GASOLINE FILTER:

1. No plastic fuel filters allowed.

2. No additives may be added to fuel.

CARBURETOR SPACER AND GASKETS:

1. Only a one-piece, solid, aluminum carburetor spacer, not more than 1.250-inch, must be installed between intake manifold and carburetor.

2. The spacer must be centered on the intake manifold and have two (2) round holes with 1-1/2 inch openings located in the center that match the base of the carburetor. Holes must be cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. Taper, bevels, or any modifications will not be permitted.

3. A one-piece, two (2) hole paper gasket, maximum 0.065 inch thickness that matches the exterior dimensions of the carburetor throttle base plate, must be installed between the carburetor and spacer. A one-piece paper gasket maximum 0.065 inch thickness must be installed between the spacer and intake manifold. The gasket must not be larger than the top of the intake manifold.

IGNITION SYSTEMS:

1. All cars must utilize the MSD 6- AL ignition systems the track will supply a 6200 rev limiter chip which the driver will draw for.

2. MSD must be mounted on the right side dash panel and not accessible from the drivers seat .

3. Dual point distributors allowed.

4. Stock HEI ignition allowed but can use an external coil.

5. Coil must be similar in design to OEM.

6. All engines must retain stock firing order.

7. No traction control devices permitted.

8. No magnetos allowed

EXHAUST SYSTEM: $150 Header Claim

1. Any type of muffler is allowed, providing that it meets .96db’s at 100 feet.

2. Headers are permitted. 1 5/8 inch diameter pipe with a 3 inch collector . No 180 degree

headers permitted.

3. No porting, polishing, or welding of exhaust manifolds.

4. Exhaust pipes must extend to outer edge of body.

5. The mufflers must be the last item on the exhaust system and must exit behind the

Passenger door.

6. 2 into 1 systems are permitted

GROUND CLEARENCE

1. Minimum ground clearance for the frame rails is 5" without the driver.

2. Minimum ground clearance for all body parts is 4" at all times. Minimum ground clearance for engine cross-member, mufflers and exhaust pipe is 3 inches at all times. These heights will be measured from the lowest point, with the driver out of the truck.

SHOCKS CLAIM $120.00

1. A maximum of one shock absorber per wheel is permitted.

WEIGHT

1. Minimum weight at all times, before and after any event, is 2,850 pounds for trucks under 326 cubic inches and 2,950 for truck 327 cubic inches and over

2007- 2014 STREET STOCK DIVISION

RULES AND REGULATIONS

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ADHERE TO ALL THESE RULES

IMPORTANT NOTE: MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY

INSURANCE:

-Any driver competing in this division must sign in at the back gate and obtain a "Pit Pass" for the current night of racing. Pit Pass insurance is mandatory at each event and must be purchased at the pit entrance. ANYONE FOUND IN THE PIT AREA WITHOUT THE PROPER PIT PASS WILL BE FINED, AND THE CAR TO WHICH HE OR SHE IS ATTACHED WILL BE SET DOWN AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICIALS.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

-The promoter or race director has the right to reject the entry of any car or driver.

-Drinking of any intoxicating beverages on the racing premises, or prior to entering the pits is strictly forbidden until all racing events have been completed. Anyone caught doing so is subject to suspension.

-No driver, owner or mechanic shall participate in fights in motor pits or race premises at any time. At all race meets the driver assumes full responsibility for actions of their pit crew in every aspect.

-The track and/or division inspectors reserve the right to subject any car to an inspection. Failure to submit to an inspection will result in an immediate disqualification and loss of monies and all points for the night. The car will not be permitted to compete again until after an inspection has been conducted. It will be up to the official in charge to confiscate any unsafe equipment.

-Anyone caught rough riding will be suspended at the discretion of the official in charge or subject to a fine.

-No driver may get out of their race car or cross the race track while the race is in progress unless there is an unusual circumstance, such as fire.

-Anyone caught tampering with someone else's car will be suspended indefinitely.

PROTESTS:

THE PROTEST FEE FOR THIS DIVISION WILL BE $100 PLUS $50 INSPECTORS FEE FOR A TOTAL OF $150! ANY INTERNAL ENGINE PROTEST WILL BE $200 PLUS $50 INSPECTORS FEE FOR A TOTAL OF $250!

-All protests must be given to the Chief Steward. A signed written protest specifying one specific item must be presented to the track officials with the appropriate protest fee, within 15 minutes after the completion of the event. All protests will be settled by the track officials. If the car protested is found illegal, the driver protesting the protest will be refunded his money, less the inspectors fee. If the car protested is found to be legal, the protested car will receive the money.

-Visual protest will be considered anything external such as the carburetor, distributor caps, tires, etc. This protest may be reported to the Division Head and/or inspectors. There will be NO FEE for this type of protest and they must be protested 1/2 hour before the race.

-Points this year will be kept on drivers only. Trophies will be awarded at the end of the year to top drivers. Points will be distributed as follows:

50 Points for first place; 48 Points for second place; and so on down the line.

-All fines levied will go into the point fund. Once the finish has been posted, it will be considered final.

COMPETING MODELS:

-This division is open to any intermediate or full size sedan from 1970 to 2006. No station wagons or convertibles. No compacts (Corvette, Mustang, etc.), no sub compacts (Pinto, Vega, Colt, etc.).

-The minimum wheelbase will be 108".

-Full frame models and unibody models will be allowed, Leaf spring cars ARE permitted.

CAR BODIES:

The car body must meet the following requirements:

1. Cars must be neat appearing. Original dimensions of all bodies must remain as manufactured, except for changes that may be necessary for tire clearance. No “downforce” bodies allowed. No mixing and matching of aftermarket bodies. Acceptable after-market magnetic steel bodies include ARP Race Car bodies, Speedway Racing bodies, Five Star Race Car Bodies. Check with track Officials before using any other aftermarket body. Fiberglass hood and roof allowed.

2. Original dimensions of all OEM stock bodies must remain as manufactured, except for changes which may be necessary for TIRE CLEARENCE. Body cannot be offset on the centerline of the tread width.

3. All cars must have complete bodies, hood, fenders, and bumpers in top quality condition.

4. Any approved OEM (stock) domestic body on GM chassis using GM engines. If Ford or Dodge engine is used on a GM chassis, then the body must match the engine

manufacturer

5. Full hood mandatory. OEM type hood scoop optional. A hole may be cut in the hood for air cleaner clearance only.

6. Fiberglass hood scoop is allowed. 3 inch hood scoop or cowl induction allowed.

7. Hood must be fastened with two fasteners in the front and either two hinges or fasteners in the rear.

8. All doors must be fastened in an approved manner.

9. The hood must fit tight to the fenders, nose and windshield at all times.

10. All flammable material must be removed.

11. All body holes must be covered with a minimum of 24 gauge steel.

12. Damaged body panels must be replaced or repaired and be painted before next race

event.

13. Floor pan and firewall must remain OEM (stock) and in stock location and be

completely sealed, except for cutting out (hulling) of the right side floor to clear the large mufflers.

14. Rear firewall and trunk floor may be removed to behind the driver’s seat.

15. Body height shall be determined by measuring the overall height of the car from a distance of six inches behind the top of the windshield on the roof centerline. The minimum height shall be 48 inches.

16. All inner body panels must be removed.

17. All cars must have a complete dash panel constructed of metal. All dash panels must be acceptable to Track Officials.

18. You may use an aftermarket nosepiece and rear bumper cover and they must match

make of roof and quarter windows used. You cannot mix and match noses and tails.

Dodge-to-Dodge, Ford-to-Ford, and Chevy-to-Chevy except that Camaro and

Firebird nose and tailpieces may only be on Camaro or Firebird bodies.

19. OEM (stock) front and rear bumpers, unless after market bumper covers are used, then they must be braced/reinforced from behind with a maximum of 1¾ inch tubing. No sharp edges on bumpers allowed.

20. Front and rear bumpers must be mounted at center hub height and may be reinforced with 1 1/2 inch pipe behind the bumper.

21. Tow bars required, both front and rear.

22. The rear deck lid must be in operating condition and fastened with four fasteners.

23. Rear of body must be completely sealed. All plastic lenses and chrome trim must

be removed.

24. A rear spoiler is allowed as long as it complies with the following specifications.

A) No forward-or rear-facing Gurney Lips or other breaks at the top of the spoiler.

B) Maximum size is 4” X 56.”

C) Spoilers must be made from flat sheet metal or OEM (Stock) Camaro spoiler

including fender extensions on early model Camaro only.

25. Minimum point of any body component may be no less than four inches from the ground.

26. Front spoiler (air dam) must have a minimum 4 inches of ground clearance.

CAR WEIGHT:

1. All cars must maintain a minimum weight of 3,100 pounds, after the race, with the driver.

2. The maximum left-side weight shall be 55% of the total weight.

a. Seated in normal position with helmet in lap.

3. Minimum front weight is 50% of the total weight.

4. Added weight must be securely fastened with a minimum of two bolts, and must be painted white with car number and division clearly marked.

5. No weight may be fastened in the driver's compartment.

6. Dislodged weight can not be returned to the car for weighing after the race, with the exception of body parts and bumpers.

7. Minimum ground clearance to be five inches, measured with driver in car.

8. No weight mounted behind rear axle or in front of front wheels

GLASS:

1. Front windshield mandatory, windshield must be in OEM (stock) location made with 0.125-inch thick clear lexan. A minimum of two straps 1/8 x one inch must be installed inside the windshield.

2. Rear windshield and side windows are optional. If used, they must be made with 0.125-inch thick clear lexan and the rear window must be mounted with two exterior straps 1/8 x one inch.

3. All additional glass must be removed.

4. No tinted windows permitted.

MIRROR:

1. Rearview mirror compulsory. Rearview mirror must not extend outside the car.

2. Side view mirrors are allowed, but must not extend outside of car.

3. The maximum size of the rearview mirror shall be 2 1/8 x 17 3/4. .

DENTIFICATION/MARKING:

1. All numbers are assigned by the raceway office.

2. One or two digit numbers only. No letters.

3. Officially issued numbers must be at least 18 inches high and neatly painted on both sides of the car on the center of the door, and also painted on the front, rear and roof of the car.

4. Car make must be painted on the roof directly over the front windshield

5. Silver or gold foil number decals are not permitted.

ENGINE:

Street stock engine claim rule is $3,500, if refused all points and money won will be forfeited for the night. The claim is for the complete engine minus carburetor, alternator, pulley system, starter, distributor and wires.

The following characteristics must be identical with the production engine upon which recognition of type has been granted. All parts listed below must originate from stock production castings and forgings which have been machined according to the normal machining schedule utilized for standard production parts:

1. Cylinder Block:

a. material

b. number of cylinders

c. angle of cylinders

f. location of camshaft

g. overall configuration

2. Cylinder Head:

a. material

j. firing order

Engine may be changed within the manufacturer's line. All street stock cars must have the engine and carburetor sealed within the first four weeks of the season. After that, you may be disqualified if the car is inspected and any seal is broken. $150 resealing fee if seals are broken. Engine location is measured on the right side (passenger side) from the forward most spark plug centerline rearward (and perpendicular) to an imaginary line connecting the left and right front weight jack bolts. The number one spark plug may be no further back than the upper ball joint, the front of the left side head must be no further back than the ball joint on a Ford, and Dodge .

MAXIMUM COMPRESSION RATIO IS 11:1. NO EXCEPTIONS.

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:

1. General Motors engines are allowed 350 cubic inches plus .060 inches overbore per cylinder.

2. Ford engines are allowed 351 cubic inches plus .060 overbore per cylinder.

3. Chrysler engines are allowed 360 cubic inches plus .060 inches overbore per cylinder.

4. Ford may run a 347 stroker engine.

5. Chrysler may run a 349 stroker engine.

5. No engine bore size may exceed .060.

ENGINE BLOCK:

1. The engine block must be of standard factory production with standard external measurements in all respects.

3. Deck height of block cannot be below zero. The piston cannot protrude above deck

4. Chevrolet “Bowtie” blocks or blocks accepting small journal crankshafts is not

allowed.

INTERNAL CHANGES:

1. No internal grinding or polishing allowed. Oil returned passages may be cleaned and opened up.

PISTONS/RODS:

4. Aftermarket rods permitted. They must be a solid beam type steel sportsman rod. Rod length must be factory cast in rod.

A) Chevrolet must use I beam 6.000 rod.

B) Ford products will be I beam rods 5.778” or 5.984” length.

C) Ford Stroker will use I beam rods 5.4" long

E) Mopar Stroker will use I beam rods 6.123" long

CRANKSHAFT/BALANCER:

2. Minimum weight of crankshaft is 48 pounds with gear.

5. Stroke may be increased on Ford 302 and Chrysler 318.

6. Knife-edging, contouring or streamlining of cranks are not allowed.

7. Only standard OEM type balancers are permitted. Aftermarket steel balancers or fluid balancers are permitted. No aluminum permitted.

8. Aftermarket crankshafts allowed as long as they are direct replacement for OEM

(stock).

CYLINDER HEAD:

2. Bowtie, aluminum, Dart II, World products, angle plug, GM Vortec, SVO, or W2, W5, or W9 heads are not permitted.

4. All valve angles must be within one degree of standard production cast iron cylinder

heads.

6. No porting or polishing of intake or exhaust ports permitted. No substances permitted which would alter ports or runners (acid dipping).

11. All heads are limited to a minimum 58 cc combustion chamber.

12. No modifications to combustion chamber permitted, including unshrouding of intake or exhaust valve sides of chamber. Basic three angle valve job permitted. The only angles permitted will be as follows:

- Top angle 30 degrees

- Seat angle 45 degrees

A 70 degree or greater angle below bottom of valve seat is not permitted. The maximum grinding, cutting, or machining depth permitted will be limited to a maximum depth of .250 (1/4") as measured from top of the valve seat. All cutting, grinding, and machining in reference to the specified angles must be centered off the center line of the valve guide. Upon completion of valve job, all areas below

the specified depth including but not limited to: short side radii, bowl area, port floors, port roofs. port sides, area above bottom of valve guide protrusion, port runners, port entrances, exhaust port exits, may not be machined relieved, ground, extrusion honed or altered in any manner. Cylinder heads must retain all factory stock as cast dimensions and configurations.

GM - Intake 2.02, Exhaust 1.600

Mopar - Intake 2.020, Exhaust 1.740

Ford - Intake 2.040, Exhaust 1.656

13. All heads must have visible and unaltered casting numbers. Any heads with unreadable or altered casting numbers will be impounded immediately, and the competitor will be disqualified from the event.

HEAD GASKETS/SPACERS:

1. On all engines, only one standard flat gasket may be used between the head and the intake manifold. No wedge type gaskets allowed.

1. Solid or hydraulic camshaft permitted.

2. No roller camshaft and/or lifters permitted.

5. Lifters must be similar in design/size as original equipment.

6. Up to a 1.60 ratio roller tip rocker arms are permitted.

8. No stud girdles or roller rocker arms permitted.

11. Any type of mechanical assistance exerting a force to assist in closing the valve

12. Only steel hydraulic or solid lifters of original size for engine being used without

13. Only OEM (stock) type timing gears and chain allowed. Dual roller chains allowed. Timing advance or retard buttons allowed. No belt drive systems allowed.

14. Consider 333 lift deleted

17. Cutting for larger diameter spring is allowed. Any type guide material may be used. The valve guides must be in the stock factory location, angle, and spacing. 3

18. Valve springs must be of the stock type. No triple, conical, or progressive springs allowed.

19. Valve spring pressure cannot exceed 115 pounds of seat pressure as measured on an a track approved spring tester. Measurements may be taken at race conditions and race temperatures.

21. Retainers must be steel or chrome-molly steel only. Valve spring retainers must be stock type only. Plus or minus height retainers are allowed.

22. Valve spring keepers must be stock type only. No plus or minus height keepers allowed. Seven or ten degree locks may be used.

23. No lightweight push rods allowed. Push rods may be sized to length to fit geometry. No rev-kits, stud girdles, offset rocker arms, roller rocker arms, roller pivot rocker arms, roller lifters, light weight lifters, coated lifters, mushroom lifters, or oversize lifters are permitted.

24. Stock or roller timing chains are allowed, Torrington Thrust Bearings, to prevent block wear, are legal. No gear or belt drives allowed. Cam thrust-buttons are allowed. Camshaft degreeing is optional. After market rocker arm retaining nuts are allowed.

25. The Chevy rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and guide plates. Stock rocker ratios must be 1.6:1. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are legal

26. The Ford rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and may use Ford factory, stock style, early, 1.6: 1, non-rail rocker arms and guide plates. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are legal. Rocker arm pivot shims may also be used.

27. The Dodge may be converted to use the factory type Dodge truck adjustable rocker arms and push rods. The adjustable rockers must retain the stock ratio of 1.6:1. Stock (OEM) type roller tipped rockers are permitted.

INTAKE MANIFOLD:

1. Absolutely no modifications/alterations allowed. This includes: grinding, porting, polishing, etching, coating, painting, acid dipping. port matching, increasing entry port size, beveling, machining of the carburetor mounting surface.

2. All casting numbers, manufacturer's numbers and firing order must remain on manifold.

4. The following aftermarket intakes may be used. All part numbers are current design Edlebrook series intake manifolds: Chevrolet - #2101, Chrysler - #2176, Ford “Windsor” - #2181, Ford “Cleveland” - #2171.

OIL PANS:

3. Oil pan must have a 1 inch inside diameter round inspection hole. Inspection hole

4. Kick outs are not allowed between the bolt flange and the top of the added sump.

5. Engine oil coolers are allowed

2. Approved Carburetor - 350 CFM Holley 2300 two-barrel carburetor, list number 7448 and the Holley 2300 HP two-barrel carburetor, part number 80787-1, with a ventures size of 1-3/16 inches and maintaining a throttle bore maximum size of 1-1/2 inches.

BODY OF CARBURETOR:

1. The main body and metering block may not be reworked in any way. They must remain box stock.

2. Reshaping, polishing, grinding, or drilling of additional holes will not be permitted.

3. The amount off holes and their location must remain as manufactured. Additional holes and passages will not be permitted.

4. Additional screw-in pressed in bleed holes in the main body or metering block will not be permitted.

CHOKE HORN:

BOOSTERS:

VENTURI:

1. Venturi area must not be altered or reshaped in any way. The ventures must be

2. No additional air to be picked up below the openings of the venturi such as altered gaskets, base plate, or holes drilled into the carburetor.

3. Alterations that, in the judgment of Track Officials, were made to allow additional

air to be picked up below the opening of the ventures such as altered gaskets, base

BASE PLATE:

1. Base plate must not be altered in any way. All openings must be permanently plugged.

BUTTERFLIES:

3. Screw ends may be cut even with the shaft but screw heads must remain standard.

THROTTLE SHAFT:

1. Stock throttle plate and throttle shaft must remain standard and must not be thinned,

cut or nicked in any matter. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies. Screw ends may be cut even with the shafts, but the screw heads must remain standard.

2. The carburetor throttle body must be used as provided by the manufacturer. The

positioning of the throttle bores in the carburetor throttle body must be the same as provided by the manufacturer. The throttle bores must be completely round. The throttle bores must be straight without taper from top to bottom. The throttle bores must remain perpendicular to the top and bottom of the carburetor throttle body. The throttle body (base plate) must not be altered in shape or size. All vacuum holes must be threaded and plugged.

1. Only a one piece spacer, maximum one inch in thickness may be installed between the intake manifold and the carburetor.

2. The spacer must have two holes that match the base of the carburetor. Holes must be cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. No taper or bevels.

3. No sandwich type or insulator type gaskets permitted. The maximum gasket thickness shall be .065.

3. The butterflies may be drilled with one hole no larger than 3/16-inch diameter.

1. The maximum size for the air bleed holes in the top of the carburetor body will be 0.080 inch for all four holes. Screw in air bleed jets will not be permitted in the 2300 main body.

2. Screw in air bleed jets will be permitted for the 2300 HP main body, but they must be epoxied in place. For the Holley 2300 HP main body, the amount of holes and passages must remain as manufactured. Additional and/or plugging holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley 2300 HP main body.

3. The booster type must not be changed. The Holley booster part number 45R-107-1, with the casting number 45R-107 and part number 45R-312R, with the casting number 45R-312 are the only boosters that will be permitted. The Holley casting numbers must remain legible on the top of all booster stems. Size or shape must not be altered. Height and location of the boosters must remain as manufactured. All boosters must maintain a minimum outside diameter of 0.616 inch. The addition of material will not be permitted to the boosters with the exception of a small amount of epoxy that may be used to assist in securing the booster stem to the main body of the carburetor.

4. The accelerator pump discharge nozzle must not be changed. The retaining screw must not be drilled for a discharge passage.

6. Only Holley metering blocks can be used. Surfacing of the metering blocks for improved gasket seal will be permitted. The only metering blocks permitted for the Holley 2300 HP carburetor (80787-1) will be the Holley, part numbers 11938N, 11886 (390HP), and 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) metering blocks. To order metering block part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) the sales number is 134-276. For the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks, the amount of holes and passages and the location must remain as manufactured, however, hole sizes may be altered. Additional holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks.

7. The Holley metering block, part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) will not be permitted in the Holley 2300, list number 7448.

1. Only a one-piece, solid, aluminum or phenolic carburetor spacer, not more than 1.250-inch, must be installed between intake manifold and carburetor.

2. The spacer must be centered on the intake manifold and have two (2) round holes with 1-1/2 inch openings located in the center that match the base of the carburetor. Holes must be cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. Taper, bevels, or any modifications will not be permitted.

3. A one-piece, two (2) hole paper gasket, maximum 0.065 inch thickness that matches the exterior dimensions of the carburetor throttle base plate, must be installed between the carburetor and spacer. A one-piece paper gasket maximum 0.065 inch thickness must be installed between the spacer and intake manifold. The gasket must not be larger than the top of the intake manifold.

IGNITION SYSTEMS:

1. All cars must utilize the MSD 6- AL ignition systems the track will supply a 6200 rev limiter chip which the driver will draw for.

2. MSD must be mounted on the right side dash panel and not accessible from the drivers seat .

3. Dual point distributors allowed.

5. Coil must be similar in design to OEM.

8. No magnetos allowed

STARTER:

1. Self starter must be in working order and be located in stock position.

2. Aftermarket starters are permitted provided that it mounts in OEM location.

3. All cars must start under their own power.

BATTERY:

1. The battery must be securely fastened and properly covered.

2. The battery cannot be located in the drivers compartment.

3. A master battery disconnect switch on the negative lead must be mounted in the

center of dash. OFF and ON position of switch must be clearly labeled.

4. Only one (1) standard automotive type 12-volt battery not exceeding 13.5 volts

allowed. Accessories to regulate power supply not permitted.

5. Battery must be relocated behind the front spindles, in front of the rear axle, inside the outside edge of the frame, and cannot extend below the frame rail.

6. Alternator, if used, must be stock type and mounted on front of engine.

7. All electrical wiring must be securely mounted and protected.

8. Insulating grommets or other means approved by Officials must protect all electrical wiring passing through holes in sheet metal.

ELECTRICAL SWITCHES:

1. The electrical switches must be located within easy reach of the driver and be properly labeled.

FAN:

1. The fan blade may not be removed.

2. Electric fans are permitted.

3. Fan shroud may be used but cannot extend more than one inch behind fan blade.

RADIATOR:

1. Interchangeable radiator cores are allowed providing they do not alter the sheet metal

for the make of car.

2. The radiator must remain stock appearing and remain in the stock mounting position.

3. All cars must have a radiator overflow can of at least one gallon in capacity.

4. Radiator overflow container must be mounted in engine compartment.

5. Standard type cooling systems only. Flow direction must be the same as OEM

(stock).

6. Stock or aftermarket steel or aluminum water pumps allowed. Water pump must be in OEM (stock) location.

6. Water only. No antifreeze or glycol-based coolant permitted. Water Wetter may be used.

EXHAUST SYSTEM: $150 Header Claim

1. Any type of muffler is allowed, providing that it meets .96db’s at 100 feet.

2. Headers are permitted. 1 5/8 inch diameter pipe with a 3 inch collector . No 180 degree

headers permitted.

3. No porting, polishing, or welding of exhaust manifolds.

4. Exhaust pipes must extend to outer edge of body.

5. The mufflers must be the last item on the exhaust system and must exit behind the

Passenger door.

6. 2 into 1 systems are permitted

CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL:

1. Disc must be minimum of ten (10) inches diameter steel with steel springs.

2. No turning or drilling.

3. Aluminum or special type flywheels are not permitted.

4. No multiple disc clutches permitted.

5. Pressure plate must be all steel construction and weight at least 13 pounds.

6. Flywheel must be OEM (stock) steel type, a minimum weight of fifteen pounds, and

have a minimum starter ring diameter, GM and Mopar 12 7/8 inches – Ford 13 ¼ inches.

TRANSMISSION OPTIONS:

STANDARD

1. Three and four speed standard transmissions only.

2. All forward and reverse gears must be in working order.

3. Scattershield highly recommended.

4. First gear may be removed and replaced with a spacer, in a standard transmission. No other machine work is permitted.

5. Must have at least 2 forward and one reverse gear in working order.

AUTOMATIC

1. Only the Chevy T-350, Ford C-4 or C-6, Dodge 904 Torqueflite, and 727 transmissions are permitted. 7

2. Transmissions may be converted to manual operation. Steel and cast hubs are allowed. 3. Transmissions must use a fluid filled torque converter with a minimum diameter of eleven (11) inches, with 0.20 inches allowed for manufacturer's variance. 4. Modifications may be made to internal transmission parts for durability only. 5. The maximum legal stall speed is 3,000 rpm. 6. The transmission must have all forward and reverse gears functional. Transmission oil cooler size and placement is optional. 7. Lockout shifters are allowed. 8. No solenoid lockups or fluid clutches. 9. No extra hand or foot controls allowed. 10. Torque converters and all torque converter parts must be of OEM-type for the engine and transmission type being used. 11. All internal transmission parts must be stock OEM parts for the type of transmission being used. No lightening, cross-drilling, or gun drilling of components is allowed. A heavy duty steel replacement shaft is acceptable. All bushings and shims must be OEM type, no Torrington bearings. 12. Torque converters and all torque converter parts, including but not limited to impeller and stator, must be of OEM-type for the engine and transmission type being used. 13. A flex plate scatter shield must be used. An SFI approved scatter shield is mandatory, or one may be constructed .25-inch by 3-inch steel 270 degrees around flex plate.

DRIVESHAFT:

1. The driveshaft and universal joints must be similar in design to standard production type.

2. Stock type steel drive shafts only. No lightweight, aluminum, chrome-molly or carbon fiber, drive shafts permitted.

3. Two drive shaft loops must be installed. The loops must be made of a minimum 2" x 3/16" flat bar steel, or 1" round, .095" steel tube. Loops must go completely around the drive shaft. Chain, wire or other installations will not be allowed.

4. The drive shaft minimum diameter is 2 inches.

REAR END:

1. Passenger car rear end only. It may interchange from manufacturer to manufacturer. Welded spider gears or minispool may be used if original pin and carrier are maintained. No limited slip, clutch packs, full spools, ratchets, or torque sensing devices allowed.

2. The distance measured from the center of the rear end housing to the rear hubs, left and right, where the wheels bolt on, must be within one inch in length.

3. Only steel axle housings permitted.

4. No full spools permitted.

5. Full floater rear axle will not be permitted.

6. Any ring and pinion ratio permitted.

7. No aluminum in or on rear end assembly

8. No gun-drilled axles allowed.

9. The upper torque arms at the rear axle housing may be shortened to correct the pinion angle. Adjustable upper and lower rear control arms are permitted.

WHEELS/TIRES:

1. Steel wheels only. Maximim width 8 inches. Maximum offset 5 inches, minimum is 2 inches.

2. Series tire rule will be in effect, tires will be checked with a durameter.

3. Steel or aluminum wheel spacers are allowed.

4. The maximum allowable thread width, measured from the outermost part of the tire, both front and rear, shall be 78 inches.

5. No grooving, grinding, buffing, siping or altering tires in any fashion

6. Tire softener, soaking of tires or applying any substance, including but not limited to conditioners is allowed, but will have to pass track tech durameter reading.

7. Air/pressure bleeder valves of any type are not allowed.

8. Minimum Weight for each wheel is nineteen (19) pounds.

FRAME:

1. No holes may be cut in the frame rails to lighten frame.

2. Frame side rails may be altered to obtain 108 inch wheelbase.

3. Front and rear snouts must remain stock for make of frame.

4. No offset frames. Must use full dimension stock frame.

5. Cross member cannot be moved from original location.

6. No home made frame rails. OEM frame rails may be plated for safety.

7. Minimum ground clearance for lowest point of the frame is five inches with driver sitting in normal driving position, in car.

8. Rear spring and shock perches must remain in factory location. Lower trailing arm mounting brackets must remain in factory location and configuration. Rear cross member must remain in factory location. A four inch tall by six inch O.D spring bucket may be installed to raise original spring pocket. Spring bucket must remain in original stock factory location.

8. 2" x 4" steel tubing is permitted from the center of the rear axle to the rear bumper.

9. 2" x 4" steel tubing may be used in front of the steering box and A-frame mounts.

10. The front cross member may be altered to gain oil pan clearance, but cannot be reinforced. The front cross member may be altered to gain fuel pump clearance.

11. The front cross member cannot be altered to gain ground clearance.

12. All unibody frames must have minimum two (2) inch X three (3) inch X 0.120 frame rails that extend from the front sub frame to the rear sub frame and be the same size on either side. The roll cage must be mounted to these frame rails. The unibody frame and these frame rails must be centered on the track width.

13. No “tubular” rear clips. Rear clips may be reinforced not remanufactured. Track

Officials decision will be final.

ROLL BARS:

1. All roll cages must meet the approval of the inspectors.

2. Square cage required.

3. Roll bars shall be a minimum of 1 3/4 x .090 thousandths seamless tubing.

4. Cars must have four side bars on the left side and three side bars on the right side.

5. Roll bars in the driver's area must be padded with foam rubber.

7. Approved padded headrest mandatory.

8. Center windshield and brain bars mandatory.

9. Brain bar must be double padded.

10. Cars must be equipped with a fire extinguisher within easy reach of the driver.

11. An approved window net is mandatory.

STEERING

1. Steering box must be stock. It must remain in OEM (stock) location for the type of

frame being used. No rack and pinion allowed. Steering linkage must remain factory stock for make and model of frame. May be aftermarket magnetic steel.

2. All steering components must be stock steel type. Tie rods, Pitman arms and idler arms must remain factory stock. Heim joints permitted on tie rods.

3. A quick-release steering wheel coupling, acceptable to Track Officials, must be used.

4. The use of two universal joints, a minimum of 12 inches apart, in front of the firewall

and a collapsible steering section in the steering shaft is recommended and must be

acceptable to Track Officials.

5. In cockpit, steering may be modified to suit driver comfort, but must remain on left

side of cockpit. No center steering.

6. Steering wheel must have center padding of minimum two (2) inches thickness.

SUSPENSION:

1. Stock production lower A frames for the make and model mounted in the stock position of the frame, coil springs must mount in the stock original position.

2. Front end components not specifically mentioned must remain stock for make and model of frame.

3. OEM type cast iron spindles only. May be interchanged within manufacturer's line.

4. Aftermarket upper control arms permitted. Stock type ball-joints must be used. No adjustable or extended ball-joints permitted. Upper control arm mounts may be changed. Rubber or poly bushings only permitted in upper A frame arm shafts, lower A frame arm shafts and rear trailing arms. Steel bushings are permitted.

5. Spindles, Wheel Bearings and Hubs- The spindles, wheel bearings, and hubs must meet the following requirements, front spindles must be linked to the frame using steel cables or other approved tether. One end of the cable with the large eye must wrap around the frame or the front cross-member and pass through the smaller eye. The large eye of the cable must loop over the upper portion of the spindle. The steel cable must be a minimum 5/16 inch wire rope constructed of 7x19 stainless secured by a pressed steel sleeve at each eye.

6. Ball joint mount may be altered only to permit the use of a larger ball joint. A-frame mounts may be reinforced but must remain stock and remain in the stock location.

7. Front coil springs must be at least 5” OD and 9.5” tall. Front springs may be different height and spring rates.

8. No quick steer devices permitted

9. Jacking bolts permitted with one jacking bolt per wheel.

10. Front spring buckets may be altered.

11. Relocating of shocks permitted with one shock per wheel.

12. Heating of springs or adjusting torsion bars for better handling is permitted.

13. No mechanical device allowed in order for driver to shift weight while in motion.

14. No helper springs or traction bars.

15. Heim joints permitted on rear end panard bar and third link only. No torque arms permitted.

16. OEM type trailing arms only for make of vehicle (ex.-GM in GM, Ford in Ford and Chrysler in Chrysler). Front mount must remain in its original location and must not be adjustable.

17. Three point rear suspension allowed on factory coil spring cars

18. No twisting or shortening of rear end permitted.

19. Rear coil springs must be at least 5” OD and 9.5” tall. Rear springs may be different height and spring rates.

20. Rear spring buckets may be altered.

21. Leaf springs must be steel and must be the same type, same length, width, and mount in the same location from side to side. They may be different rate from side to side.

22. Racing leaf springs are allowed. Rear leaf spring may be arched or dearched.

23. Lowering blocks are allowed. (no adjustable lowering blocks allowed)

24. Adjustable leaf spring shackles are allowed.

25. Front mount of rear leaf spring must remain in its original OEM (stock) location and unaltered position and be factory stock for make of frame.

26. OEM (stock) front sway bar is optional, but must be mounted in OEM (stock) location using rubber or polyurethane (plastic) bushings. No metal bushings are allowed. Front sway bar may be preloaded by using different lengths of mounting bolts.

27. No rear sway bars allowed.

28. Heavy-duty 5/8-inch wheel studs are required on all wheel positions.

29. Oversize lug nuts required on all wheels. Studs must protrude through lug nuts.

SHOCKS: CLAIM $120.00

1. Shock absorbers must be readily available to all competitors

2. A maximum of one shock absorber per wheel is permitted.

3. No external adjustments are permitted on any shock absorbers.

4. No external reservoir or canister type shocks allowed

5. No aluminum shocks permitted.

6. Must be steel bodied non-adjustable shocks only.

7. Front and rear shocks may be relocated from stock mounts.

BRAKE SYSTEM:

1. Four wheel hydraulic brakes required.

2. OEM type brake parts only.

3. Master cylinder must be mounted on engine side of firewall.

4. Racing type brake pedals and master cylinders permitted.

5. Disc brakes may be used, both front and rear, but must use single piston brake calipers only. Two piece rotor not allowed.

6. Hub must be one piece.

7. Dual master cylinders are permitted. The balance bar for proportioning the brake master cylinders is permitted at the brake pedal mounting point inside the car. Adjustments are permitted from inside the truck while the truck is in competition.

8. Air ducts, no larger than 4" in diameter, may be used to cool the brakes. Rear disc brakes are optional.

9. Brake adjuster valve, if used, must be located in the driver's compartment.

10. All 4 brakes must be in working order.

11. No cross drilling, gas slotting, or any other machining to enhance rotor cooling or

performance.

12. Shut off valves or devices to disable one, or more, brakes are not permitted.

13. Heavy-duty replacement hubs and rotors are recommended. No lightweight components allowed.

FUEL:

1. No additives or alterations to fuel. Competitor must declare fuel used.

FUEL CELL (22 GALLON MAX):

1. The fuel cell must have a steel outer container (no less than 18 gauge steel) completely enclosing the rubber bladder.

2. The fuel cell must have foam protection.

3. The inlet and vent lines must have a ball check or flapper valve.

4. The fuel cell must be a minimum of eight inches off the ground and be mounted in between the center of rear frame rails as far forward as possible.

5. The cell should be secured with one inch by 1/8th inch straps (steel) with four straps across the top of the cell.

6. The cell must be protected with roll cage tubing on 1" x 1" x 1/8" square tubing in an X shape underneath the cell.

7. Fuel shut off valve mandatory and must be labeled and within the reach of the driver.

8. Fuel lines may not run inside the car.

9. Fuel cell may not protrude more than four inches below frame rails.

SAFETY:

1. It is recommended that helmets meet the requirements set forth by the Federal government. Must be Snell 98 or newer.

2. A quick release lever type safety belt no less that three inches wide is compulsory. Shoulder harness and an

additional V type seat belt is mandatory. Dated seat belts mandatory, not to exceed two years old.

3. Shoulder harness inertia reels can not be used.

4. Safety belts must come from behind the driver.

5. Safety belts must be securely fastened.

6. An approved seat must be securely fastened with a minimum four bolts in the bottom and two bolts in the top

with either larger washers or metal straps.

7. Aluminum seat recommended. No homemade seats allowed.

8. It is recommended all cars install a trailing arm guard, made of steel, behind the driver’s seat.

9. Fire suits are mandatory.

IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN, YOU CAN’T!!!! ALL FINAL DECISIONS ARE MADE BY THE TRACK OFFICIAL IN CHARGE!!!

Changes are in red

2007- 2014 HOBBY STOCK DIVISION

RULES AND REGULATIONS

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ADHERE TO ALL THESE RULES

IMPORTANT NOTE: MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY

INSURANCE:

-Any driver competing in this division must sign in at the back gate and obtain a "Pit Pass" for the current night of racing. Pit Pass insurance is mandatory at each event and must be purchased at the pit entrance. ANYONE FOUND IN THE PIT AREA WITHOUT THE PROPER PIT PASS WILL BE FINED, AND THE CAR TO WHICH HE OR SHE IS ATTACHED WILL BE SET DOWN AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICIALS.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

-The promoter or race director has the right to reject the entry of any car or driver.

-Drinking of any intoxicating beverages on the racing premises, or prior to entering the pits is strictly forbidden until all racing events have been completed. Anyone caught doing so is subject to suspension.

-No driver, owner or mechanic shall participate in fights in motor pits or race premises at any time. At all race meets the driver assumes full responsibility for actions of their pit crew in every aspect.

-The track and/or division inspectors reserve the right to subject any car to an inspection. Failure to submit to an inspection will result in an immediate disqualification and loss of monies and all points for the night. The car will not be permitted to compete again until after an inspection has been conducted. It will be up to the official in charge to confiscate any unsafe equipment.

-Anyone caught rough riding will be suspended at the discretion of the official in charge or subject to a fine.

-No driver may get out of their race car or cross the race track while the race is in progress unless there is an unusual circumstance, such as fire.

-Anyone caught tampering with someone else's car will be suspended indefinitely.

PROTESTS:

THE PROTEST FEE FOR THIS DIVISION WILL BE $100 PLUS $50 INSPECTORS FEE FOR A TOTAL OF $150! ANY INTERNAL ENGINE PROTEST WILL BE $200 PLUS $50 INSPECTORS FEE FOR A TOTAL OF $250!

-All protests must be given to the Chief Steward. A signed written protest specifying one specific item must be presented to the track officials with the appropriate protest fee, within 15 minutes after the completion of the event. All protests will be settled by the track officials. If the car protested is found illegal, the driver protesting the protest will be refunded his money, less the inspectors fee. If the car protested is found to be legal, the protested car will receive the money.

-Visual protest will be considered anything external such as the carburetor, distributor caps, tires, etc. This protest may be reported to the Division Head and/or inspectors. There will be NO FEE for this type of protest and they must be protested 1/2 hour before the race.

-Points this year will be kept on drivers only. Trophies will be awarded at the end of the year to top drivers. Points will be distributed as follows:

50 Points for first place; 48 Points for second place; and so on down the line.

-All fines levied will go into the point fund. Once the finish has been posted, it will be considered final.

COMPETING MODELS:

-This division is open to any intermediate or full size sedan from 1970 to 2006. No station wagons or convertibles. No compacts (Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Nova, Mustang, etc.), no sub compacts (Pinto, Vega, Colt, etc.).

-The minimum wheelbase will be 108".

-Full frame models and unibody models will be allowed, Leaf spring cars are NOT permitted.

CAR BODIES:

The car body must meet the following requirements:

1. All cars must remain OEM stock appearing and be neat.

2. Original dimensions of all OEM stock bodies must remain as manufactured, except for changes which may be necessary for TIRE CLEARENCE. Body cannot be offset on the centerline of the tread width.

3. All cars must have complete bodies, hood, fenders, and bumpers in top quality condition.

4. Any approved OEM (stock) domestic body on GM chassis using GM engines. If Ford or Dodge engine is used on a GM chassis, then the body must match the engine

manufacturer

5. Full hood mandatory, a hole may be cut in the hood for air cleaner clearance only.

6. 3 inch hood scoops are allowed.

7. Hood must be fastened with two fasteners in the front and either two hinges or fasteners in the rear.

8. All doors must be fastened in an approved manner.

9. The hood must fit tight to the fenders, nose and windshield at all times.

10. All flammable material must be removed.

11. All body holes must be covered with a minimum of 24 gauge steel.

12. Damaged body panels must be replaced or repaired and be painted before next race

event.

13. Floor pan and firewall must remain OEM (stock) and in stock location and be

completely sealed.

14. Rear firewall and trunk floor may be removed to behind the driver’s seat.

15. Body height shall be determined by measuring the overall height of the car from a distance of six inches behind the top of the windshield on the roof centerline. The minimum height shall be 48 inches.

16. All inner body panels must be removed.

17. All cars must have a complete dash panel constructed of metal. All dash panels must be acceptable to Track Officials.

18. You may use an aftermarket nosepiece and rear bumper cover and they must match

make of roof and quarter windows used. You cannot mix and match noses and tails.

Dodge-to-Dodge, Ford-to-Ford, and Chevy-to-Chevy.

19. OEM (stock) front and rear bumpers, unless after market bumper covers are used, then they must be braced/reinforced from behind with a maximum of 1¾ inch tubing. No sharp edges on bumpers allowed.

20. Front and rear bumpers must be mounted at center hub height.

21. Tow bars required, both front and rear.

22. The rear deck lid must be in operating condition and fastened with four fasteners.

23. Rear of body must be completely sealed. All plastic lenses and chrome trim must

be removed.

24. No Spoilers

25. Minimum point of any body component may be no less than 4 ½ inches from the ground.

CAR WEIGHT:

1. All cars must maintain a minimum weight of 3,300 pounds, after the race, with the driver.

2. The maximum left-side weight shall be 55% of the total weight.

a. Seated in normal position with helmet in lap.

3. Minimum front weight is 55% of the total weight.

4. Added weight must be securely fastened with a minimum of two bolts, and must be painted white with car number and division clearly marked.

5. No weight may be fastened in the driver's compartment.

6. Dislodged weight can not be returned to the car for weighing after the race, with the exception of body parts and bumpers.

7. Minimum frame ground clearance to be five inches, measured with driver in car.

8. No weight mounted behind rear axle or in front of front wheels

GLASS:

1. Front windshield mandatory, windshield must be in OEM (stock) location made with 0.125-inch thick clear lexan. A minimum of two straps 1/8 x one inch must be installed inside the windshield.

2. Rear windshield and side windows are optional. If used, they must be made with 0.125-inch thick clear lexan and the rear window must be mounted with two exterior straps 1/8 x one inch.

3. All additional glass must be removed.

4. No tinted windows permitted.

MIRROR:

1. Rearview mirror compulsory. Rearview mirror must not extend outside the car.

2. Side view mirrors are allowed, but must not extend outside of car.

3. The maximum size of the rearview mirror shall be 2 1/8 x 17 3/4. .

DENTIFICATION/MARKING:

1. All numbers are assigned by the raceway office.

2. One or two digit numbers only. No letters.

3. Officially issued numbers must be at least 18 inches high and neatly painted on both sides of the car on the center of the door, and also painted on the front, rear and roof of the car.

4. Car make must be painted on the roof directly over the front windshield

5. Silver or gold foil number decals are not permitted.

6. Cubic inch and weight of the car will be displayed on the hood (4 inch tall numbers).

ENGINE:

Street stock engine claim rule is $1,750.00, if refused all points and money won will be forfeited for the night. The claim is for the complete engine minus carburetor, alternator, pulley system, power steering pump, starter, flywheel, distributor and wires.

1. Cylinder Block:

a. material

b. number of cylinders

c. angle of cylinders

f. location of camshaft

g. overall configuration

2. Cylinder Head:

a. material

j. firing order

Engine must be factory stock. V-8 engines only. Engine may be changed within the manufacturer's line. All street stock cars must have the engine and carburetor sealed within the first four weeks of the season. After that, you may be disqualified if the car is inspected and any seal is broken. $150 resealing fee if seals are broken. Engine must be mounted in the stock location, steel motor mounts are permitted

MAXIMUM COMPRESSION RATIO IS 10:1. NO EXCEPTIONS.

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:

1. General Motors engines are allowed 350 cubic inches plus .040 inches overbore per cylinder.

2. Ford engines are allowed 351 cubic inches plus .040 overbore per cylinder.

3. Chrysler engines are allowed 360 cubic inches plus .040 inches overbore per cylinder.

4. No engine bore size may exceed .040.

ENGINE BLOCK:

allowed.

INTERNAL CHANGES:

PISTONS/RODS:

A) Chevrolet must use 5.700 rod.

B) Ford products will be 5.778” or 5.984” length.

CRANKSHAFT/BALANCER:

2. Minimum weight of crankshaft is 50 pounds with gear.

5. Knife-edging, contouring or streamlining of cranks are not allowed.

6. Only standard OEM type balancers are permitted. Aftermarket steel balancers, fluid balancers or aluminum balancers are NOT permitted.

8. Aftermarket crankshafts are NOT allowed.

CYLINDER HEAD:

2. Brzezinski, Bowtie, aluminum, Dart II, angle plug, GM Vortec, SVO, GT40, W2, W5, or W9, special high-performance, canted-valve, or marine-type, Chrysler or Mopar magnum-type heads are NOT permitted.

heads.

11. All heads are limited to a minimum 68cc combustion chamber.

- Top angle 30 degrees

- Seat angle 45 degrees

GM - 350 cid Intake 1.940, Exhaust 1.500

Mopar - 340 cid Intake 2.020, Exhaust 1.600

Mopar - 360 cid Intake 2.020, Exhaust 1.740

Ford - 351 cid Cleveland Intake 2.040, Exhaust 1.656

Ford - 351 cid Windsor Intake 1.842, Exhaust 1.540

HEAD GASKETS/SPACERS:

1. Only hydraulic camshaft permitted.

2. No roller or solid camshaft and/or lifters permitted.

5. Only hydraulic or anti pump up lifters allowed.

6. No roller rockers or roller tip rocker arms allowed

8. No stud girdles permitted.

14. Hydraulic lift cams only. Maximum lobe lift .313 and must have sixteen inches of vacuum at 1000rpm. Timing or carburetor may not be altered at time of tech if vacuum used. It is at the discretion of the track as to which way cam shaft will be checked. Must have vacuum fitting in intake Maximum camshaft lift, intake and exhaust, is 313 thousands at the camshaft.

17. Cutting for larger diameter spring is allowed. Any type guide material may be used. The valve guides must be in the stock factory location, angle, and spacing.

19. Valve spring pressure cannot exceed 115 pounds of seat pressure as measured on an track approved spring tester. Measurements may be taken at race conditions and race temperatures.

25. The Chevy rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and guide plates. Stock rocker ratios must be 1.5:1. Stock

26. The Ford rocker studs may be pinned or machined for screw in studs and may use Ford factory, stock style, early, 1.6: 1, non-rail rocker arms and guide plates. Rocker arm pivot shims may also be used.

27. The Dodge may be converted to use the factory type Dodge truck adjustable rocker arms and push rods. The adjustable rockers must retain the stock ratio of 1.5:1.

28. After market rocker arm retaining nuts are allowed.

INTAKE MANIFOLD:

4. The following aftermarket intakes may be used. All part numbers are current design Edlebrook series intake manifolds: Chevrolet - #2101 Chrysler - #2176 Ford “Windsor” - #2181.

OIL PANS:

5. Oil return screens are legal. Lifter valley baffles are legal.

6. Engine oil coolers are allowed

BODY OF CARBURETOR:

CHOKE HORN:

BOOSTERS:

VENTURI:

BASE PLATE:

BUTTERFLIES:

THROTTLE SHAFT:

1. NO spacers are permitted in-between the carburetor and the intake manifold.

3. NO sandwich type or insulator type gaskets permitted. The maximum gasket thickness shall be .065.

1. Only a one-piece, solid, aluminum carburetor spacer, not more than 1.250-inch, must be installed between intake manifold and carburetor.

IGNITION SYSTEMS:

1. Cam driven point or OEM (stock) type electronic ignition is permitted.

2. No crank triggered or multi spark ignition systems or any high performance ignitions permitted.

3. Dual point distributors are allowed.

5. One ignition coil only. Coil must be similar in design to OEM.

8. No magnetos allowed

9. Vacuum advance may be disconnected.

10. Advance springs, center plate, and weights must remain functional. Center plate and or weights may NOT be welded or altered in any way.

11. No OEM high performance ignition systems allowed. For example: OEM MSD or equivalent.

12. All components in distributor must remain stock manufactured parts.

STARTER:

1. Self starter must be in working order and be located in stock position.

2. Aftermarket or mini starters are NOT permitted.

3. All cars must start under their own power.

BATTERY:

1. The battery must be securely fastened and properly covered.

2. The battery cannot be located in the drivers compartment.

3. A master battery disconnect switch on the negative lead must be mounted in the

center of dash. OFF and ON position of switch must be clearly labeled.

4. Only one (1) standard automotive type 12-volt battery not exceeding 13.5 volts

allowed. Accessories to regulate power supply not permitted.

5. Battery must be relocated behind the front spindles, in front of the rear axle, inside the outside edge of the frame, and cannot extend below the frame rail.

6. Alternator, if used, must be stock type and mounted on front of engine.

7. All electrical wiring must be securely mounted and protected.

8. Insulating grommets or other means approved by Officials must protect all electrical wiring passing through holes in sheet metal.

ELECTRICAL SWITCHES:

1. The electrical switches must be located within easy reach of the driver and be properly labeled.

FAN:

1. The fan blades may not be removed.

2. Electric fans are NOT permitted.

3. Fan shroud may be used but cannot extend more than one inch behind fan blade.

RADIATOR:

1. Interchangeable radiator cores are allowed providing they do not alter the sheet metal

for the make of car.

2. The radiator must remain stock appearing and remain in the stock mounting position.

3. All cars must have a radiator overflow can of at least one gallon in capacity.

4. Radiator overflow container must be mounted in engine compartment.

5. Standard type cooling systems only. Flow direction must be the same as OEM

(stock).

6. Stock or aftermarket steel or aluminum water pumps allowed. Water pump must be in OEM (stock) location.

6. Water only. No antifreeze or glycol-based coolant permitted. Water Wetter may be used.

EXHAUST SYSTEM:

1. Only cast iron OEM (stock) exhaust manifolds are allowed. No modifications allowed.

Exhaust manifold may be milled to allow for proper mating to heads and block. No port

matching, flow work, grinding, or polishing permitted. No Brzezinski products allowed.

2. Maximum exhaust pipe size is 2 ¼” inside diameter.

3. No crossover or equalizer pipes are allowed.

4. Exhaust must exit behind driver and in front of rear axle.

5. Minimum exhaust ground clearance is 4 ½ inches.

6. Any type of muffler is allowed, providing that it meets .96db’s at 100 feet.

CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL:

1. Disc must be minimum of ten (10) inches diameter steel with steel springs.

2. No turning or drilling.

3. Aluminum or special type flywheels are not permitted.

4. No multiple disc clutches permitted.

5. Pressure plate must be all steel construction and weight at least 13 pounds.

6. Flywheel must be OEM (stock) steel type, a minimum weight of fifteen pounds, and

have a minimum starter ring diameter, GM and Mopar 12 7/8 inches – Ford 13 ¼ inches.

TRANSMISSION OPTIONS:

STANDARD

1. Three and four speed standard transmissions only.

2. All forward and reverse gears must be in working order.

3. Scattershield highly recommended.

4. First gear may be removed and replaced with a spacer, in a standard transmission. No other machine work is permitted.

5. Must have at least 2 forward and one reverse gear in working order.

AUTOMATIC

1. Only the Chevy T-350, Ford C-4 or C-6, Dodge 904 Torqueflite, and 727 transmissions are permitted. 7

2. Transmissions may be converted to manual operation. Steel and cast hubs are allowed. 3. Transmissions must use a fluid filled torque converter with a minimum diameter of eleven (11) inches, with 0.20 inches allowed for manufacturer's variance. 4. Modifications may be made to internal transmission parts for durability only. 5. The maximum legal stall speed is 3,000 rpm. 6. The transmission must have all forward and reverse gears functional. Transmission oil cooler size and placement is optional. 7. Lockout shifters are allowed. 8. No solenoid lockups or fluid clutches. 9. No extra hand or foot controls allowed. 10. Torque converters and all torque converter parts must be of OEM-type for the engine and transmission type being used. 11. All internal transmission parts must be stock OEM parts for the type of transmission being used. No lightening, cross-drilling, or gun drilling of components is allowed. A heavy duty steel replacement shaft is acceptable. All bushings and shims must be OEM type, no Torrington bearings. 12. Torque converters and all torque converter parts, including but not limited to impeller and stator, must be of OEM-type for the engine and transmission type being used. 13. A flex plate scatter shield must be used. An SFI approved scatter shield is mandatory, or one may be constructed .25-inch by 3-inch steel 270 degrees around flex plate.

DRIVESHAFT:

1. The driveshaft and universal joints must be similar in design to standard production type.

2. Stock type steel drive shafts only. No lightweight, aluminum, chrome-molly or carbon fiber, drive shafts permitted.

3. Two drive shaft loops must be installed. The loops must be made of a minimum 2" x 3/16" flat bar steel, or 1" round, .095" steel tube. Loops must go completely around the drive shaft. Chain, wire or other installations will not be allowed.

4. The drive shaft minimum diameter is 2 1/2 inches.

REAR END:

1. Passenger car rear end only. It may NOT be interchanged from manufacturer to manufacturer. Welded spider gears or minispool may be used if original pin and carrier are maintained. No limited slip, clutch packs, full spools, ratchets, or torque sensing devices allowed.

2. The distance measured from the center of the rear end housing to the rear hubs, left and right, where the wheels bolt on, must be within one inch in length.

3. Only steel axle housings permitted.

4. No full spools permitted.

5. Full floater rear axle will not be permitted.

6. Any ring and pinion ratio permitted.

7. No aluminum in or on rear end assembly

8. No gun-drilled axles allowed.

9. Heavy-duty axles permitted provided tread width is not altered.

10. Rear end may be any OEM (stock) manufacture or make and type of chassis use. GM to GM, FORD to FORD, etc.

WHEELS/TIRES:

1. Steel wheels only. Maximim width 8 inches. Maximum offset 5 inches, minimum is 2 inches.

2. Series tire rule will be in effect, tires will be checked with a durameter.

3. Steel or aluminum wheel spacers are allowed.

4. The maximum allowable thread width, measured from the outermost part of the tire, both front and rear, shall be 78 inches.

5. No grooving, grinding, buffing, siping or altering tires in any fashion

6. Tire softener, soaking of tires or applying any substance, including but not limited to conditioners is allowed, but will have to pass track tech durameter reading.

7. Air/pressure bleeder valves of any type are not allowed.

8. Minimum Weight for each wheel is nineteen (19) pounds.

FRAME:

1. No holes may be cut in the frame rails to lighten frame.

2. Frame side rails may NOT be altered to obtain 108 inch wheelbase.

3. Front and rear snouts must remain stock for make of frame.

4. No offset frames. Must use full dimension stock frame.

5. Cross member cannot be moved from original location.

6. No home made frame rails. OEM frame rails may be plated for safety.

7. Minimum ground clearance for lowest point of the frame is five inches with driver sitting in normal driving position, in car.

8. Rear spring and shock perches must remain in factory location. Lower trailing arm mounting brackets must remain in factory location and configuration. Rear cross member must remain in factory location. A four inch tall by six inch O.D spring bucket may be installed to raise original spring pocket. Spring bucket must remain in original stock factory location.

8. 2" x 4" steel tubing is permitted from the center of the rear axle to the rear bumper.

9. 2" x 4" steel tubing may be used in front of the steering box and A-frame mounts.

10. The front cross member may NOT be altered to gain oil pan clearance and cannot be reinforced. The front cross member may NOT be altered to gain fuel pump clearance.

11. The front cross member cannot be altered to gain ground clearance.

ROLL BARS:

1. All roll cages must meet the approval of the inspectors.

2. Square cage required.

3. Roll bars shall be a minimum of 1 3/4 x .090 thousandths seamless tubing.

4. Cars must have four side bars on the left side and three side bars on the right side.

5. Roll bars in the driver's area must be padded with foam rubber.

7. Approved padded headrest mandatory.

8. Center windshield and brain bars mandatory.

9. Brain bar must be double padded.

10. Cars must be equipped with a fire extinguisher within easy reach of the driver.

11. An approved window net is mandatory.

STEERING

1. Steering box must be stock. It must remain in OEM (stock) location for the type of

frame being used. No rack and pinion allowed. Steering linkage must remain factory stock for make and model of frame. May be aftermarket magnetic steel.

2. All steering components must be stock steel type. Tie rods, Pitman arms and idler arms must remain factory stock. NO Heim joints permitted on the suspension of the car.

3. A quick-release steering wheel coupling, acceptable to Track Officials, must be used.

4. The use of two universal joints, a minimum of 12 inches apart, in front of the firewall

and a collapsible steering section in the steering shaft is recommended and must be

acceptable to Track Officials.

5. In cockpit, steering may be modified to suit driver comfort, but must remain on left

side of cockpit. No center steering.

6. Steering wheel must have center padding of minimum two (2) inches thickness.

SUSPENSION:

1. Stock production lower A frames for the make and model mounted in the stock position of the frame, coil springs must mount in the stock original position.

2. Front end components must remain stock for make and model of frame.

3. OEM type cast iron spindles only. May NOT be interchanged within manufacturer's line.

4. STOCK (OEM) upper control arms must be used, aftermarket upper control arms are NOT permitted. Stock type ball-joints must be used. No adjustable or extended ball-joints permitted. Upper control arm mounts may be changed. Rubber or poly bushings only permitted in upper A frame arm shafts, lower A frame arm shafts and rear trailing arms. No steel bushings permitted.

5. Spindles, Wheel Bearings and Hubs- The spindles, wheel bearings, and hubs must meet the following requirements, front spindles must be linked to the frame using steel cables or other approved tether. One end of the cable with the large eye must wrap around the frame or the front cross-member and pass through the smaller eye. The large eye of the cable must loop over the upper portion of the spindle. The steel cable must be a minimum 5/16 inch wire rope constructed of 7x19 stainless secured by a pressed steel sleeve at each eye.

6. Ball joint mount may be altered only to permit the use of a larger ball joint. A-frame mounts may be reinforced but must remain stock and remain in the stock location.

7. Front coil springs must be at least 5” OD and 9.5” tall. Front springs may be different height and spring rates.

8. No quick steer devices permitted

9. Jacking bolts are NOT permitted.

10. Front spring buckets may be altered.

11. Heating of springs or adjusting torsion bars for better handling is NOT permitted.

12. No mechanical device allowed in order for driver to shift weight while in motion.

13. No helper springs or traction bars.

14. OEM type trailing arms only for make of vehicle (ex.-GM in GM, Ford in Ford and Chrysler in Chrysler). Front and rear mount must remain in its original location and must not be adjustable.

15. No twisting or shortening of rear end permitted.

16. Rear coil springs must be at least 5” OD and 9.5” tall. Rear springs may be different height and spring rates..

17. Lowering blocks are allowed. (no adjustable lowering blocks allowed)

18. Adjustable leaf spring shackles are allowed.

19. OEM (stock) front sway bar is optional, but must be mounted in OEM (stock) location using rubber or polyurethane (plastic) bushings. No metal bushings are allowed. Front sway bar may be preloaded by using different lengths of mounting bolts.

20. No rear sway bars allowed.

21. Heavy-duty 5/8-inch wheel studs are required on all wheel positions.

22. Oversize lug nuts required on all wheels. Studs must protrude through lug nuts.

SHOCKS: CLAIM $80.00

1. Racing shocks allowed but must mount in the stock position

2. Shock absorbers must be readily available to all competitors

3. A maximum of one shock absorber per wheel is permitted.

4. No external adjustments are permitted on any shock absorbers.

5. No external reservoir or canister type shocks allowed

6. No aluminum shocks permitted.

7. Must be steel bodied non-adjustable shocks only.

8. Front and rear shocks may NOT be relocated from stock mounts.

BRAKE SYSTEM:

1. Four wheel hydraulic brakes required.

2. OEM type brake parts only.

3. Master cylinder must be mounted on engine side of firewall.

4. Racing type brake pedals and master cylinders are NOT permitted.

5. Disc brakes may be used, both front and rear, but must use single piston brake calipers only. Two piece rotor not allowed.

6. Hub must be one piece.

7. No Brake adjuster valve allowed.

8. All 4 brakes must be in working order.

FUEL:

1. No additives or alterations to fuel. Competitor must declare fuel used.

FUEL CELL (22 GALLON MAX):

1. The fuel cell must have a steel outer container (no less than 18 gauge steel) completely enclosing the rubber bladder.

2. The fuel cell must have foam protection.

3. The inlet and vent lines must have a ball check or flapper valve.

4. The fuel cell must be a minimum of eight inches off the ground and be mounted in between the center of rear frame rails as far forward as possible.

5. The cell should be secured with one inch by 1/8th inch straps (steel) with four straps across the top of the cell.

6. The cell must be protected with roll cage tubing on 1" x 1" x 1/8" square tubing in an X shape underneath the cell.

7. Fuel shut off valve mandatory and must be labeled and within the reach of the driver.

8. Fuel lines may not run inside the car.

9. Fuel cell may not protrude more than four inches below frame rails.

SAFETY:

1. It is recommended that helmets meet the requirements set forth by the Federal government. Must be Snell 98 or newer.

2. A quick release lever type safety belt no less that three inches wide is compulsory. Shoulder harness and an

additional V type seat belt is mandatory. Dated seat belts mandatory, not to exceed two years old.

3. Shoulder harness inertia reels can not be used.

4. Safety belts must come from behind the driver.

5. Safety belts must be securely fastened.

6. An approved seat must be securely fastened with a minimum four bolts in the bottom and two bolts in the top

with either larger washers or metal straps.

7. Aluminum seat recommended. No homemade seats allowed.

8. It is recommended all cars install a trailing arm guard, made of steel, behind the driver’s seat.

9. Fire suits are mandatory.

IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN, YOU CAN’T!!!! ALL FINAL DECISIONS ARE MADE BY THE TRACK OFFICIAL IN CHARGE!!!

Archived