Richard Childress and Andy Petree

24nomo

I mean...

Harvick left...

Reddick left.....

I've thought highly of Creed since I worked in Trans-Am and he showed up first race at Road America and absolutely stomped everyone in a rain race in a TA2 car first time he drove one.  TA2 isn't a kids game either.  Dudes a killer.  Showed it in trucks and I'm not one of the consolation prize folks but he has a lot of P2's that could have been W's if he played his game a tad different last lap or so in Xfinity.  

With the right coaching  and risk/reward mindset I could see him doing great things.

I'm pretty sure Childress is well within his right to be a little jacked up over that deal. 2 of his cars running 1 and 2, neither one of them win. One of the cars is going to have to be winched on the hauler. Neither one of them advance to the round of 4 to race for a title. At the end of the day they race for titles, trophies, and money, that sequence of events there nixed a title, a trophy, and first and 2nd place pay window money, and i'm sure a bunch of money as well on end of year finishing order. 

On 10/31/2023 at 8:12 AM, rails said:

At the end of the day they race for titles, trophies, and money, that sequence of events there nixed a title, a trophy, and first and 2nd place pay window money, and i'm sure a bunch of money as well on end of year finishing order. 

First off, I was an Austin Hill fan before this.  The disaster more his fault than Creeds.   I understand Richard Childress and Andy Petree have every right to be upset, but the way they handled it was uncalled for.   Sheldon Creed was racing for his life and that is what he is supposed to do.  It is not his fault he is not managements choses one.   I cant imagine any driver worth a crap that would go to RCR after this circus.  POP POP may be down to putting Ty Dillon back in one of his junk cars

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

First off, I was an Austin Hill fan before this.  The disaster more his fault than Creeds.   I understand Richard Childress and Andy Petree have every right to be upset, but the way they handled it was uncalled for.   Sheldon Creed was racing for his life and that is what he is supposed to do.  It is not his fault he is not managements choses one.   I cant imagine any driver worth a crap that would go to RCR after this circus.  POP POP may be down to putting Ty Dillon back in one of his junk cars

I am not defending Hill or Creed, probably safe to say there is/was enough blame to spread around between both drivers on that deal. But there is probably a couple of hundred thousand reasons for Childress to be upset. And that in itself may give him the right to respond how he chooses. And I don't consider Childress's Xfinity program to be junk. They race for titles within that program. Say what you will about the Cup side, but the xfinity stuff has always been pretty good. 

As the team owner, Childress certainly has the right to be upset, but I think he should have been upset at Hill's crew chief, Petree, or himself.  I didn't watch the XFinity race (outside of coverage of the escapades), but I saw Hill's comments about not knowing if he had to win to advance or not and I watched the Cup race Sunday. In the Cup race, crew chiefs for the drivers fighting for the last two "round of four" spots were telling their drivers where they needed to finish (the radio transmissions were played on the broadcast). Why didn't Hill know if he needed to win or not? His crew chief or team owner/management should have kept him updated on where he needed to finish in order to advance.

So apparently today RCR decided they didn't like everyone online calling it for what it is, so Andy Petree is going on an apology tour now stating "We didn't realize 2's (Creed's) bumper bar was pushed in so his RF wheel couldn't turn which is why he parked it into three, our bad we should have looked at it first".  

Sure.  LOL.

You mean if the guy who just needed to finish 2nd didn't come down on him on corner entry trying to wreck his team mate, didn't push the support bar into the RF tire this wouldn't have happened?

Just so we're clear, 100%, if the 2 won with 21 second, both RCR cars would have gone to Xfinity final 4.  

I am not a JGR fan but I will be cheering on Creed next year and I hope he wins 10 races and the championship (and cheering for him to leave JRG when he eventually moves up to Cup lol)

On 10/31/2023 at 8:12 AM, rails said:

I'm pretty sure Childress is well within his right to be a little jacked up over that deal. 2 of his cars running 1 and 2, neither one of them win. One of the cars is going to have to be winched on the hauler. Neither one of them advance to the round of 4 to race for a title. At the end of the day they race for titles, trophies, and money, that sequence of events there nixed a title, a trophy, and first and 2nd place pay window money, and i'm sure a bunch of money as well on end of year finishing order. 

Pop Pop has every right to be pissed off, angry and a jerk.  It is his deal to do as he pleases.   Him and Andy Petree were wrong in their assessment of the situation.  Pop Pop has every right to practice Nepotism and have Austin run 30th in points.  That is why RCR is a low end operation and will always be.  Kyle Busch is already claiming they cant get the best mechanics due to their location.  Cough Cough 

You can bet Mr Hendrick, Roger Penske and Joe Gibbs would have never handled the situation like Pop Pop did.  They have a little class.  

Edited by 24nomo

On 11/3/2023 at 8:22 AM, 24nomo said:

d Joe Gibbs would have never handled the situation like Pop Pop did.  They have a little class.  

This is exactly why everyone you just mentioned has won a Cup title this century, and Pop Pop is clubbing baby seals in Xfinity.