105 Speedway

rails

7 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Aug 19 is the Howard Willis 50 years of racing celebration. Planning to head over for that one.

If I heard the track announcer correctly last night, that race the 19th has over 20k in the purse for the limited class alone. It will pay good money just to make the A Main. If I am in town I am going to go back for it. I suspect they will draw a nice showing of limited mods for sure.

The last time I was out there was for the Texas Grand a couple years ago, and it draws a pretty good crowd. But I was surprised by the crowd size last night, it was hot, and a big turnout.

105 is always pretty active and healthy.  They don't put up with a lot of nonsense behind the back gate, and a lot of folks have made that their community after the track has consistently shown that.  They market and try to promote it and have a good class rotation.  If you are in Houston and haven't been lately 105 is always a good time.  

34 minutes ago, arob said:

I've never been there but check myracepass on them weekly. They do have good car counts and quite a few big events. One thing I have noticed is there are a ton of feature  DNF's every week . Why is that?

And that was the case this weekend as well Arob. But I will give them credit in the fact that they hold off as long as they can before they go to a single file restart. And they also don’t cut laps. 

The last race I went to cottonbowl, they were quick to go to a single file restart and they also cut laps on a couple of classes. I’m not a fan of cutting laps.

Edited by rails

Of all the races I've seen lap cutting doesn't happen very often. I have to say most of the ones they cut fans were begging to end it so we could move on to the next race! Race Ranch started the season with single file restarts and I hated them. Lately they have gone  back to double file unless they can't get started after two tries. Much better.

5 hours ago, arob said:

Of all the races I've seen lap cutting doesn't happen very often. I have to say most of the ones they cut fans were begging to end it so we could move on to the next race! Race Ranch started the season with single file restarts and I hated them. Lately they have gone  back to double file unless they can't get started after two tries. Much better.

SINGLE FILE STARTS   should only in the  last   laps .. but some  glasses cant even get a start  after three tries sometimes .of have way to many  yellows .. u still need to get the race in  at a certain  time  to keep poeple comeing  back .. but single  everytime  just cheapens the races  and unfair to  those who are not part of the yellows  in my books .. 

11 hours ago, arob said:

I don’t remember it happening up there in the past. Happened last time I was up there. But there are pulling a bunch of cars as well these days. May have something to do with it. But I’m a double file restart guy myself. And I like the fact that the scoring pylon and lap counter works at 105.