Bubba Wallace

HiTech

• NickHolt changed the title to Bubba Wallace

After penalizing Byron for spinning Hamlin under caution, they should for spinning someone during the race that also took out a chase contender. They have to save face. Otherwise, NASCAR shows favoritism and will lose more fans.

The thing that bugs me about this is to me it looks like a racing deal. Bubba didn't feel that way ok. Kyle even said Bubba had every right to be mad. Where I have the issue is with these cars and the safety issues they have been having to right rear someone and send them spinning across the track and luckily he tagged Bell or he would of hit flush with the wall on the drivers side. His own team mate just retired the day before because of crashing this car. Its not so much the shoving that got me it was the wrecking part.

The only thing I question is if this would of been any other driver would we be having this discussion?     

I get why Wallace was angry.I get the pushing Larson around as well. But turning someone from the right rear on a high speed race track and sending him across  the track like that was over doing it. As for if it was any other driver would we be discussing it I say yes. It has been done in the past usually with Kyle Buschs' or Denny Hamlins' name being involved. 

First off, Nascar will not lose more fans over this.  The fans love it.    Wallace had a right to be mad for being raced hard, but he could have lifted like Harvick since Larson had the momentum, but he didnt.   That  is ok too.  The retaliation was uncalled for because I think they both could have continued.   The Wallace retaliation was confirmed intentional by the physical confrontation.  Otherwise he would have  been there checking on his well being.   Lets see what happens.  But Larson handled it like a Champion and that is something that Wallace will never be.  The best thing to do is boycott Doordash and McDonalds.   Thats it

7 hours ago, arob said:

well bubba i didnt mean to wont work .seeing you did not mean to attack  larson not once but more than once .. bubba got his head big when  the noose thing came about ..he was in the spotlight . i like  him and pulled for him till then ..ever sense he htinks he is intitled . seems i heard that before ...bubba was lucky larson did  knock  some sense  between  bubbas eyes  .. that helmet  could put a hurt on u .. ..MAYBE ITS JUST ME BUT  argue with me all u want . push me  .. no ..

21 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Wallace had a right to be mad for being raced hard,

WHAT?....Then he should find something else to do, it goes with the job!.....I mean, I hate cleaning up other people's pig stys when they move out, or unclogging shitty toilets/drains....But it's part of my job.

Telemetry shows he was full throttle when he hit Larson.....So I guess the throttle hung open too?

Bubba Smollett is a narcissist....He CRAVES attention, he stated so in a 2017 twitter post.....Look it up.

NA$CARs in a tough spot....If you heavily punish him----bingo, the race card comes out and they lose that new fan base they need so much....If they do little/nothing, they lose the few of us loyal fans that still hang on for the love of the sport.

1 hour ago, chenley said:

Bubba is untouchable,  everyone  knows  that, would have like  to have seen him dump Dale Sr. Like that, you  know  before the WOKE age.

The bullies never do that to someone who will/can fight back.  Remember when he threw water in the face of Alex Bowman while he was getting medical attention on the ground?    This Wallace bozo has issues

Edited by 24nomo

Well he got suspended, and it was warranted. There have been other incidents over the last 24 months that should have gotten the same. Am I the only one that actually thinks that Bubba was the cause of this wreck? Don't look at either car once contact started, look at where all 3 cars were in the 3 wide pass. Bubba was out by the wall. Yes, Larson did slide up, but only into the second lane. He gave Bubba a lane to race. Plus, the fastest way around LV when making a pass is usually the high side. Oh yeah, that's where Bubba had placed himself. Once both cars cleared Harvick, Larson slid up into the second lane. This is where you really need to watch what Bubba does. He turns left to get on Larson's door/quarter panel. He knows as does every other driver, that will take the air off the inside car's spoiler, thus making that car loose. He could have easily stayed in the top grove, and the worst outcome for either driver is that they would have stayed side by side. My bet is that Bubba would have carried the momentum and probably cleared Larson by the next corner. His BS about the steering not working didn't work, as NASCAR took his car to the R&D center. No problem there. And as stated above, the telemetry showed Wide Open Throttle. It was no accident. Then Bubba had to walk about 50 yards, not feet, to start his shoving tantrum. He had plenty of time to think about what he was going to do. Again, no accident.

Also, as stated above, no right quarter panel hook is acceptable, ever! I've seen what that can do up close and very personal. During the Winter Heat races back in the 90s, at Tucson Raceway Park, I was standing less than 15' away, when Chris Saylor got hooked like that in his super late model. Now TRP is a pretty fast track, for a 3/8ths mile. He spent a week in a coma, and to the best of my knowledge has never raced again. I left Tucson at the end of 2004, and he still couldn't get a drivers license. His dad used to build the engines for a modified team that I crew chief for. So I knew Chris. When he got wrecked, he and the other driver had been banging on each other for several laps. This was for 8th place in a B main that only the top 2 cars would transfer. Also, Chris was never an angel on the track. I've seen him rough up drivers many times. Never once did I see him ever try to wreck someone, let alone right hook someone. ESPN interviewed Chris the next year at one of the Winter Heat races. They only showed him from the neck up. He was still doing rehab for several issues. His speech was much slower than before the accident. By the time I left Tucson to return to TX, Chris wasn't still doing rehab, but his speech and eye vision were still issues. 

I like Bubba, and have been glad to see him to really start to develop as a driver. I was worried that we were going to keep being force fed BS like was the norm for Danica, with no results or improvements. I get that he basically lives in a fishbowl because he's black. But that unfortunately goes with the job at that level. And is isn't just a racial thing. Why couldn't Kyle Busch get enough sponsorship to remain with Gibbs? Why did Rick Hendrick have to self fund Larson when he brought him back from his suspension? That is also why Larson didn't dare slap Bubba with his helmet. Can you imagine those headlines if he did? They all live in that fishbowl, just Bubba's is also under  microscope at the same time. Is it fair, no, but that's the way it is.

I'm hopeful, very hopeful that these retaliation incidents will end. Yeah, I know that's wishful thinking, but one can dream, right?

Here is an interesting bit of info on this wreck. As of about 11am today, 23XI is still saying that they won't appeal the suspension. Now that could change, but it seems to me they are saying that they weren't too wild about his actions. I've never been accused of being a huge NBA fan, but I've seen my share of MJ, when he used to dominate the league. I never saw him ever do something to tarnish his integrity of/for the game. And he could have, because I saw him get some pretty flagrant fouls against him. Most of them were because he simply made opponents look silly with his skills, and they'd retaliate. I hope that is why they aren't going to appeal. I know that there is a lot of sentiment out there against NASCAR, and most of it is deserved. But in this situation, NASCAR was in a lose lose situation, no matter what they did. As I said above, I wish they had done this with the numerous other incidents that have happened over the last couple years. That way it wouldn't look like they were singling out Bubba. 

9 hours ago, 24nomo said:

The bullies never do that to someone who will/can fight back.  Remember when he threw water in the face of Alex Bowman while he was getting medical attention on the ground?    This Wallace bozo has issues

nothing wrong with being mad, it is how you handle it.  He has anger issues

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you on something NA$CAR.ab7843db33855027af1d3c6f5aa4020b.gif.533df7c395c9acb892e44c98a907b81c.gif

Someone right down this date/time!

1 hour ago, rebelracewriter said:

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you on something NA$CAR.ab7843db33855027af1d3c6f5aa4020b.gif.533df7c395c9acb892e44c98a907b81c.gif

Someone right down this date/time!

Got it marked for future conversations reb .. i know this wll come up  again .. OH I AGREE WITH  him too for the record just in case it comes up again .. CC SPEEDWAY A driver was paid to take me out .25 bucks for he cost of a car .. thedriver admited it later on to me and offerd tp help me build another car .. but the hit on my  driver side square  hurt  i hit my funny bone on the cage .wife was two weeks from having joshua  .lorraine ran down from the press box  over into the old pits at cc . ran all the way down to turn four exit  stuck her head into my car screaming are u alright .. i said yes just hit the funny bone that isnt funny ..now are we going to have that baby tonight  .., i have a photo of that destroyed racecar .popped every rivets out of both doors except the lowers  .bent the frame ..and all ... the crew was protecting the other driver from a very serious butt kicking  .... ..  just shows on a short track u can get hurt bad for a move like that i was lucky  even the flagman  said he almost fell  from the impact .hardest hit i ever took .. a driver is not all  that protected from least two types of crashes .. driver side into the wall and a tbone ..

Just now, HiTech said:

Got it marked for future conversations reb .. i know this wll come up  again .. OH I AGREE WITH  him too for the record just in case it comes up again .. CC SPEEDWAY A driver was paid to take me out .25 bucks for he cost of a car .. thedriver admited it later on to me and offerd tp help me build another car .. but the hit on my  driver side square  hurt  i hit my funny bone on the cage .wife was two weeks from having joshua  .lorraine ran down from the press box  over into the old pits at cc . ran all the way down to turn four exit  stuck her head into my car screaming are u alright .. i said yes just hit the funny bone that isnt funny ..now are we going to have that baby tonight  .., i have a photo of that destroyed racecar .popped every rivets out of both doors except the lowers  .bent the frame ..and all ... the crew was protecting the other driver from a very serious butt kicking  .... ..  just shows on a short track u can get hurt bad for a move like that i was lucky  even the flagman  said he almost fell  from the impact .hardest hit i ever took .. a driver is not all  that protected from least two types of crashes .. driver side into the wall and a tbone ..

i have no sympathy for idiots who wreck a another like that .. not one ounce 

I don't know if Bubba will learn anything out of this even though he has been talked to and penalized by NASCAR. Plus talked to by Toyota and sponsors. We have to remember he drives for an owner who takes drivers out and thinks he does no wrong. If that team thought for one second that he was wrong, they should have set him out for the rest of the season. What NASCAR did was not enough to get it in his head that what he did was wrong. Team owners should have done something. 

I absolutely agree Radical, that it wasn't enough punishment. But at least they did something. I haven't yet dared to look at any main stream media. I'm sure the Al Sharpton's of the world are having a field day. HiTech, the $$ & points aren't a deterrent, and never have been. Plus Bubba isn't in the playoffs, so taking points means even less. I don't typically watch many podcasts, but did see Corey LaJoie's Stacking Pennies yesterday. I was a bit surprised at how firm his stance was that Bubba deserved being parked. He was also asked if fines & points deducted had any deterrence for drivers. Guess what he said? Not One Bit! Hell I've known that for more than a decade. NASCAR knows it too. There are only 2 reasons that they assess fines; 1) It gives the appearance that they are trying to convince the public that they are doing something. 2) Unless they have changed the destination of where that fine money goes, it goes to their children's charity. That way at the end of the year at tax time, NASCAR gets to take a big deduction for the donation, but most of the money comes from the fines assessed to drivers & teams. That's a publicity win & a tax win for NASCAR.

My last 5 years in my insurance agency in Tucson, I never grossed less than $140K per year. I still have all my 1099s, and I sold it in Dec 2004. But because of all the standard deductions that were available (office rent, salaries of employees, unemployment payments to the state etc, plus my racing operation, and sponsorship of another car and track ads, I paid nothing in federal taxes & very little state taxes. When I decided to sell my agency, I went out and bought my wife a new SUV through the business. That made it an equipment purchase for the business. In 2004 the federal tax code allowed you to depreciate that purchase over a 5 year period. I paid cash for it, and took the entire depreciation (100% of the cost of the SUV) in the first year (my last year in agency). I then retitled the car in her name as a private citizen. If I had been a private citizen doing that, the IRS would have owed me a bunch of money. Instead I just didn't owe them any. Is that fair? By law yes. Do I think it's right? No I don't. That's why I think the IRS should be abolished. There is a much better way, that would be fair to all. As long as tax laws are written in Congress, the biggest tax cheats in this country, it isn't going to change. I said all that to say this. Now you know why NASCAR fines drivers & teams. They make money doing it.

1 hour ago, ron.brown11 said:

I absolutely agree Radical, that it wasn't enough punishment. But at least they did something. I haven't yet dared to look at any main stream media. I'm sure the Al Sharpton's of the world are having a field day. HiTech, the $$ & points aren't a deterrent, and never have been. Plus Bubba isn't in the playoffs, so taking points means even less. I don't typically watch many podcasts, but did see Corey LaJoie's Stacking Pennies yesterday. I was a bit surprised at how firm his stance was that Bubba deserved being parked. He was also asked if fines & points deducted had any deterrence for drivers. Guess what he said? Not One Bit! Hell I've known that for more than a decade. NASCAR knows it too. There are only 2 reasons that they assess fines; 1) It gives the appearance that they are trying to convince the public that they are doing something. 2) Unless they have changed the destination of where that fine money goes, it goes to their children's charity. That way at the end of the year at tax time, NASCAR gets to take a big deduction for the donation, but most of the money comes from the fines assessed to drivers & teams. That's a publicity win & a tax win for NASCAR.

My last 5 years in my insurance agency in Tucson, I never grossed less than $140K per year. I still have all my 1099s, and I sold it in Dec 2004. But because of all the standard deductions that were available (office rent, salaries of employees, unemployment payments to the state etc, plus my racing operation, and sponsorship of another car and track ads, I paid nothing in federal taxes & very little state taxes. When I decided to sell my agency, I went out and bought my wife a new SUV through the business. That made it an equipment purchase for the business. In 2004 the federal tax code allowed you to depreciate that purchase over a 5 year period. I paid cash for it, and took the entire depreciation (100% of the cost of the SUV) in the first year (my last year in agency). I then retitled the car in her name as a private citizen. If I had been a private citizen doing that, the IRS would have owed me a bunch of money. Instead I just didn't owe them any. Is that fair? By law yes. Do I think it's right? No I don't. That's why I think the IRS should be abolished. There is a much better way, that would be fair to all. As long as tax laws are written in Congress, the biggest tax cheats in this country, it isn't going to change. I said all that to say this. Now you know why NASCAR fines drivers & teams. They make money doing it.

ron  i am not all that  mad at no fines really ..i think he. needs parked for the rest of the season .. points so what . and sent to anger  management .if kyle and others had to go    through  i wont say that word again that so many  including a  certain ethnic  does daily  .he should have to go through anger management before he gets back into a car .. one race ..lol   /come on .. and i would say that for any driver who pulled this stunt .. if i was bell i would not be such a nice guy ...... .i paybacked a racer at cc .. put the  hurt on his car   even told him why i did it . he knew why // after words what he did to me and the payback i did to him .was stupid we both could have been hurt  a lot more than we did ..  plus seeing we were pole sitters and i took him out before the flagstand  i could have hurt others ... i never ever took someone else out  like that again  . we were not doing 180 mph  .about 50  .. walllce knew he was going to turn that car into the wall  ..that was intent with out a thought of how much kyle or another driver would be injured  .plus knowing his team mate had to retire and bowman is out  tells me he is selfish to a point he cares not about others .