Interesting

Josh42

2 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I’m sorry but something like this he should be able to appeal and get this lifted.

I am sorry this happened and hope he makes it back soon . but you are racing in nascar and should know what the rules are and what you can not have in your system .. I am sure nascar has a list of no no's / if it isnt listed then nascar need to put this man back in his racetruck ..

Well I have to give Bayley credit, most people that have this issue don't say anything or their publicists spin in around.  He admitted to what it was, which to me is nothing serious, like an illicit drug or alcohol.

8 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Well I have to give Bayley credit, most people that have this issue don't say anything or their publicists spin in around.  He admitted to what it was, which to me is nothing serious, like an illicit drug or alcohol.

yep forgot to mention that … he is a winner right there . hope he makes it back .

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Borland crew chief for Germain Racing just got popped for basically the same thing.  Except his was DMAA in his diet coffee he was drinking.  He had it tested to find out what it was exactly.  I personally think this is a little ridiculous.  Its almost like the Olympics these guys are getting popped for stuff they don't even realize is in what they are taking.  Its not an illicit drug are they going to have to start screening everything they put in their body?

These guys are not like Tyler Dippel who wasn't even allowed to cross the border into Canada because rumor is it was drug related issue and was pulled over at the border on the NY side trying to cross into Canada.

9 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Matt Borland crew chief for Germain Racing just got popped for basically the same thing.  Except his was DMAA in his diet coffee he was drinking.  He had it tested to find out what it was exactly.  I personally think this is a little ridiculous.  Its almost like the Olympics these guys are getting popped for stuff they don't even realize is in what they are taking.  Its not an illicit drug are they going to have to start screening everything they put in their body?

These guys are not like Tyler Dippel who wasn't even allowed to cross the border into Canada because rumor is it was drug related issue and was pulled over at the border on the NY side trying to cross into Canada.

Rules are rules. If NASCAR considers something to be banned it is up to the drivers and crews to determine what is in the items they partake in. It is not up to NASCAR to tell you this contains this and this contains this. How are they to know where it actually came from? In my opinion Curry and Borland did not do anything intentional. They just didn't pay attention to what was in their work out and coffee. 

39 minutes ago, Radical said:

Rules are rules. If NASCAR considers something to be banned it is up to the drivers and crews to determine what is in the items they partake in. It is not up to NASCAR to tell you this contains this and this contains this. How are they to know where it actually came from? In my opinion Curry and Borland did not do anything intentional. They just didn't pay attention to what was in their work out and coffee. 

AMEN  I dont want any driver on a track under anything illegal .

13 hours ago, Radical said:

I don't disagree that rules are rules and you can probably look at the workout supplement Bayley was taking and see this stuff, but a diet coffee drink you would probably not expect to have this stuff in it.  What I want to know is if they tested Matt D, Denny, Kyle, Kevin, Clint the big names of the sport and they had this come up if the would suspend them as well.  I honestly think its who you are in the sport determines if you get suspended or not.

Since the consequences are so high,  Nascar owes it to its members to properly educated them on what is out there.  They put this out there in the public when you get suspended.  My guess is half of them get suspended that didnt even know what they were taking had banned substances.   I just think that a little more effort could be put in by the Sanctioning body to keep the members better educated on it.  I mean, making a policy without thoroughly educated the member can ruin someones life, by accident.  

Perhaps better awareness on behalf of the sanctioning body would be much better than taking some of this stuff public.

8 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I don't disagree that rules are rules and you can probably look at the workout supplement Bayley was taking and see this stuff, but a diet coffee drink you would probably not expect to have this stuff in it.  What I want to know is if they tested Matt D, Denny, Kyle, Kevin, Clint the big names of the sport and they had this come up if the would suspend them as well.  I honestly think its who you are in the sport determines if you get suspended or not.

I don't think they're playing favorites. Remember years ago when Jeremy Mayfield got caught? He was running pretty darn good at the time and getting exposure. Especially after he said he wanted to rattle Earnhardt's cage just like Earnhardt did to Labonte.  

NASCAR  is proving to everyone .we will not except drugs . and pointing out if you race for us you best read and know what is in the products you are taking … I would never suggest any of these driver knew or intended to have illegal  SUBSTANCE …  ..they have too much too lose to be that stupid …  ...heck I could be found illegal .. 

20 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Since the consequences are so high,  Nascar owes it to its members to properly educated them on what is out there.  They put this out there in the public when you get suspended.  My guess is half of them get suspended that didnt even know what they were taking had banned substances.   I just think that a little more effort could be put in by the Sanctioning body to keep the members better educated on it.  I mean, making a policy without thoroughly educated the member can ruin someones life, by accident.  

Perhaps better awareness on behalf of the sanctioning body would be much better than taking some of this stuff public.

I hate to admit it but I agree with Tim here.  Educating these drivers about the things you would not expect to fail a test and what it is in or could be in so these drivers stay away.  Now this is just me speculating they could be doing this already and we just don't know. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Josh42 said:

Well more is coming out on this and looks like Dippel might be in the clear. He was arrested for having prescription drugs that were not his after someone left their bag in his car.  The cop didn't believe he was a racecar driver and that he looked wore out because he had been racing all weekend. Because he was the operator of the vehicle he was arrested. The friend who left his bag in the car confessed that was his bag and he left it there.  Dippel passed a random drug test at Bristol and then took a voluntary test right after being arrested and passed.  So he should be cleared of all this.

• 4 weeks later...