August 10 Mid Summer Classic

Abel64

OK , since I kinda started this I really didn't mean to turn this into a bash session.Sorry bout that.On the topic of turning cars away, that should NEVER happen. The easiest way to remedy a difference in the rules is add weight to the car or if this is his/her first time at the track let him run as is then tell him what needs to be done.Heck pay his pit pass that may be all that is needed to keep a racer happy if you have to DQ him/her. But NEVER turn one away.It is no secret I'm a STS guy. But CCS was in my life for 40 years before STS came along and the history of CCS cannot be denied.And I bet a lot of the STS racers feel the same.I think Corpus has a golden opportunity here. There are enough racers here have two tracks.Personally I'd love to see a combined points system between the two tracks.Both seem to be able to get sponsers for their events.I think it would be a win - win for both tracks and especially the fans.Having said that I know that is kinda a dream.I am just a fan, not a racer.It is no secret STS is the big dog in Corpus and I'm don't see any reason why they would want to help CCS.But a ton of racers in Corpus has so many great memories and stories to tell about CCS.It would be a shame to see CCS join the list of dead tracks.I know I am talking out of the heart and not real world. In other words CCS should try to work with STS and forget about the others.

arob your not the only one that started this rambling I have a strong hand in it as well...and ur openion should be thought about however this same statement has been mentioned in the past with little success..and this should be an eye opener due to the fact that there's over 5000 views on this topic that had gotten hijacked by our rambling and a 100 replies

Edited by internetcaptive2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say left side would help too iknow that first hand from 58% to 55% it changed my car a bunch.

ah john ive been waiting for you to chime in thank you...john how much slower are you now compared to last yr

haven't been able to hit the 14,s any more tried a bunch of stuff.just haven't hit on it yet.about 2 tenths.with the more weight less left.mybe older driver.

lol thank you for being honest john im sure its not the driver...so what do you think john and be honest adopt the entire sas rule package and work with both tracks sas and cts or go back to where we were before this season

The best car counts CC Speedway ever had was when they did things there own way. Remembar when th Super Streets ran street tires and had 12 to 20 cars on any given weekend. And those were local cars. The bombers had even more. Adopting rules from other tracks seems to cause CC racers to go race elsewhere but not attract cars from elsewhere.

I say like all of the rest of the drivers adoped the hole thing but its not up to me right now.i feel like when I show to sas I have a chance.we will see at cts.hope this all works out.if you never got to race long horn speedway that track was fun.i would mov e to sport modsd. but come on 8500. for a motor.way to much.

also Houston saying we need to add even more weight because of our engines didn't see the 31 in cts

Edited by j.j.&s.racing

agreed but the rules were changed at the beginning of this season due to we were told if we change this and level the playing field the out of town guys would show did that happen nope then at mid season we were asked to add the weight penalties of sas and 8 cars would come run with.us and they still haven't shown up..Abel puts out an invite did they show nope...so what does ccs need to do to get them to come run with us I understand that some cant come every week that we run but we go and support yalls tracks it should be a two way street not a one way..im building a super and trying my hardest to keep this class alive here at ccs

I say like all of the rest of the drivers adoped the hole thing but its not up to me right now.i feel like when I show to sas I have a chance.we will see at cts.hope this all works out.if you never got to race long horn speedway that track was fun.i would mov e to sport modsd. but come on 8500. for a motor.way to much.

also Houston saying we need to add even more weight because of our engines didn't see the 31 in cts

and again john thank you for your honesty

I know of a few Super Streets being built and a few more that are sitting right now. I know one of the SS drivers and grew up next to one that is setting up for STS. I'm not sure why the SS aren't showing up, but they aren't showing up anywhere. I don't know if this is a rules package, payout issue or what but from a fan's perspective it's a great in between class. A progression from a bomber/mini but not quite ready for a Super Stock or Late Model or Mod. One thing that was mentioned in this thread was the lack of interest apparently shown at a rules meeting. I would venture to say the 3-4 SS that show up every Saturday were the ones at the meetings. If there's a rule issue, I think that needs to be ironed out in the beginning or before the season. Changing rules rarely works that I've seen. Also, I don't agree with turning someone away but what I've seen, tracks are willing to let you race but let's face it, CCS has a lot of budget drivers. No one out there has the money to spend thousands of dollars to race. You look at the other tracks, they have cars that have far more money put into their cars than the CCS guys. Not a knock on those teams that have the money to invest, but CCS drivers won't be able to compete with that financially. With that being said, IMO the best thing to do is to focus on building the local classes locally. Send the invite to the other classes on certain nights but don't expect the CTS, HMP, or SAS guys to come down for a local class. The CCS guys that want to run up there will find a way. JMO and not intended to ruffle feathers. From a fan, thank you to the Trucks and Pro Mods that did show up and did what you could to help the show. The Pro Sedans always show up and CCS is a good track for them. One more suggestion, I think the only "visiting" series that should come are the Dwarfs and Pro Sedans b/c they always bring at least a dozen and they race hard (again not intended to ruffle the feathers of you other guys that did show up and raced)

In the case of tps and dwarf,s they are a ton cheaper .but i still love the trucks ..i know this last tps race was down on cars ..mainly blown or broken motors kept some from making it ..one i know is totaled ...i dont see a problem with running special shows for any class . just got to figure out why they have not shown .i would love to move my son up to supers he would love that ..just have a ton of parts to buy to move it up .TIRES .SPRINGS .MOTOR .TRANS ITS AUTO .or sell this new car and buy one more closer to rules ..either way it will cost ...as far as rule changes .thing s come along that were missed in the rules meeting that need to be attended to ..if more than half your field misunderstood a rule if there is a rule when it is not much of a performance issue .its better to fix it in the off season and not make em do it during the season that is with every track ......... john i know what you mean about left side weight rule ..tps has it figured out .one of our cars has 58.left the other runs 55 ...you can feel it ..

FISHING IS THE ANSWER. BUT I PREFER CATCHING. RACING IS FUN. BUT WINNING IS BETTER. NO WATER IN OUR LAKE RIGHT NOW SO RACING IS THE ONLY OPTION.

BOBBY JACK

lol Bobby but fishing can be just as expensive as racing I knw first hand I got about five grand hanging on the wall and one ttournament trip would cost 1500 bucks and you have to be extremely lucky to even brake even

Damn Bobby will even have to travel to fish lol. Unless you like saltwater. New debate, Saltwater fishing vs Freshwater lol. HiTech, I would love to see the Trucks, Mods, and Late Models, but more than 5-6, hell I want to see more than 5-6 SS. But til they show up, gotta build local classes since they're the ones that keep the track open, those other guys should add excitement and if they show up with strong numbers, I would think locals would want to come out as well. Be kinda thrill for a bomber driver to say, ya I won the night Super Late Model driver won, or I raced the same night as Pro Mod etc.

yes it would.but I believe the 30# should be placed on the right side.also ive done abunch of traveling with romco and tams it costa lot then.,lot more now.

yes I agree traveling does cost but allows those who can afford it do so

Well the first rules meeting in the off season ought to be a good one! I guess everyone needs too finish out this season and take what has been learned this year to plan for next year.And I think CCS learned a lot.Able is to be commended for trying everything and what he has learned will make it easier to plan for next season.From what I see Sports Mods are the top class in the future.Cody is ahead of the curve by forming TALMS and I see a chance for major success.Pro lates and Pro -mods doesn't look to me to have the numbers to succeed. The other challenge for asphalt tracks is figuring out how to make the tracks more racey for lack of a better word.Every clip or race I see is a little side by side racing in the first two or three laps of a start or restart then it is pretty much single file the rest of the time.Dirt seems to be multi groove whether it be on the wider STS or the narrow TRP.There are many things that could be said I guess but at this point maybe they should be saved for the off season . Thanks to all race track promoters for what you do.Your passion for racing is the reason I feel the issues being faced now will be worked out in the future.There are good people in place now so it can be done.

I say like all of the rest of the drivers adoped the hole thing but its not up to me right now.i feel like when I show to sas I have a chance.we will I've said everything at cts.hope this all works out.if you never got to race long horn speedway that track was fun.i would mov e to sport modsd. but come on 8500. for a motor.way to much.

John atleast with the sport mods the rules are all the same and you can go and run anywhere any surface with adjustments and still be competitive TALMS has proven that..and with that my rambling/complaing comes to an end...I've said everything that I wanted and feel and I want to thank everyone who has replied on this hijacked post...lets see if anyone was reading this..see y'all Saturday night!!

I say like all of the rest of the drivers adoped the hole thing but its not up to me right now.i feel like when I show to sas I have a chance.we will I've said everything at cts.hope this all works out.if you never got to race long horn speedway that track was fun.i would mov e to sport modsd. but come on 8500. for a motor.way to much.

John atleast with the sport mods the rules are all the same and you can go and run anywhere any surface with adjustments and still be competitive TALMS has proven that..and with that my rambling/complaing comes to an end...I've said everything that I wanted and feel and I want to thank everyone who has replied on this hijacked post...lets see if anyone was reading this..see y'all Saturday night!!

I am new, 51 yr old rookie but I am putting a super stock together for 2014. Why cant the ss cars form there own association and all the tracks allow themto run under that , this may not be the answer but if we dont stick together none of us will have a place to race. I grew up in cc. But not now and I will have to travel to all 4 tracks to race .

I am new, 51 yr old rookie but I am putting a super stock together for 2014. Why cant the ss cars form there own association and all the tracks allow themto run under that , this may not be the answer but if we dont stick together none of us will have a place to race. I grew up in cc. But not now and I will have to travel to all 4 tracks to race .

kellyracing111 I like how ur thinking I had the same thought but there's currently a series and they run on dirt and ive read that theres talks about adding some asphalt track to there series and didnt want to infringe on there series...however its something to discuss if anyone's interested

Best thing I have seen regarding the Supers is the tracks are working at keeping this class going. I know CTS and SAS have put forth the effort. CCS with Abel is at it also. Hopefully John and HMP will work toward rule unification. Some were losing faith in this class but the car count will pick up. By next season I think the Supers will be one of the crowd favorites like a few years back.