August 10 Mid Summer Classic

Abel64

I'm not so sure going NASCAR is the answer.I seem to remember SAS going NASCAR the car counts dropped and continued to drop.Bottom line is over the years asphalt drivers went dirt.And stayed. I don't want to give a bunch of reasons why but I feel one reason is it may be more fun to drive.You are actually able to race instead of just follow.As for asphalt super stocks traveling series maybe.It would not be so much over rules but the ability to travel.Travel between CTS and SAS not much of a problem.But for CCS and HMP a little more so.And if SAS goes next season thats a lot of miles in between. most Supers are not on a big budget.CCS and CTS have to build classes locally first.They cant be relying on each other for car counts.

Edited by arob

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see Corpus Christi speedway where it is that is where I started racing been gone for few years now sold car that me and my father built together some great memories at that place my old super street is on dirt now the number 71 Bart Wilcox for people that don't know me don't know how to fix the track hope someone does would hate to see that old of a race track die but I race at south Texas speedway now with my dad in emod s and sport mods don't see coming back to cc any time in the near future but would still like to see the track stay open good luck to those that do try to get that track back to its former glory

I TOOK OFF MY OLD POST /MY REASON IS MOST WOULD THINK I AM BASHING ..BUT I DID NOT THINK IT WAS APPROPRIATE WHAT WENT ON.WHAT INTERNETCAPTIVE2 SAID IN HIS POST 134 I AGREE WITH AND I WILL NOT COMMENT ON IT ANY FURTHER IN PUBLIC ..

Edited by HiTech

Those of us out of the know...would like to know...what happened arob..I feel like a Dentist pulling teeth.

576 im in no position to discuss the things that actually happened due to it didn't happen to me personally...however if the person or person's family wanted to put it out there it would be up to them I don't want to cause any conflict with management or that person thats out of respect.but I'll say I was very disappointed

• 8 years later...

Reading this back all those years have gone by ..   DIRT HAS TAKEN OVER   factory stocks have least 30 cars show up at every race average  .. one rules .  two most tracks agree with those common rules do not have to change much of anything to run all tracks .. purses are still the same when it come to inflation . cost of keeping up  is getting way to high  darn near supper streets now  my son had to give it up  just on the motor cost  then add  high dollar shocks and other little parts prices   . shoot  building a car from scratch  cost more than  ordering a chassis .. and most cars are ordered ,, so in all reality  dirt racing is costing more than it should ....with  even carbs many of the teams with money or least some backing are costing 6 to 800 plus ..those or just 500 cfm .. forget the box carbs .... this in time will follow    the paved track direction ..down the drain .. . dirt tracks tried to cut cost on motors . we bought one of those motors  legal motors and didnt last a season a saving a what thousand ended up costing more . but the shocks went sky high if you want to stay up with the joneses ...... so dirt needs to keep  an eye opened on this cost  or it can head out the door in the future ..as for cc speedway   where i spend most of my 66 years at .. managers ,cost, and different rules from one track to another  .killed all of it ..cc is gone sas is gone kyle is gone and some i cant name mostly for the same reasons .. had dirt tracks not got on some sort of rule package that fit all . their would  not be many tracks open or car counts .. . and all the dirt tracks seem to all have great management===..a big purse will not  always  promise  a packed pit ..