• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Mods

1. Brandon Bendele

2. Bayley Currey

3. Matt Merrell

only 3 trucks showed

99 truck Stapp won.

sad that CCS tries hard to put on these shows and car counts are very low.

those guys put on a show in the pro mods I was sad to see only three trucks show but thankful that they did keep up the hard work Abel and everyone else involved at ccsw things will eventually get better

Edited by internetcaptive2

Gotta give a big thanks to CC Speedway for the invite and for treating us right. I wish more trucks would want to experience everything that Texas short track racing has to offer.

Also, big thanks to Boyd Motorsports, Jake Wright Motorsports, and Villarreal Racing for adding to the truck purse.

I JUST LOVE THOSE PRETTY WHEELS ...I AM SO SO SO SORRRRRY I DID NOT MAKE IT OVER TO VISIT .I KNOW YOU LOOK FORWARD TO MY VISITS EACH AND EVERY TIME WE ARE AT THE SAME TRACK .. NOW DON'T CHOKE ON YOUR THANK GOD I DID NOT SHOW OK. MY BACK WAS IN NO SHAPE FOR WALKING SO YOU GOT A REPRIEVE ...GLAD YOU MADE IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU IN ACTION ..SEE YOU IN SA ...

Well maybe now is the time to ask this.What is up asphalt drivers?Is asphalt racing dead or dying in Texas? Tracks put up a good purse and experience and car counts are low.And before someone says travel expense the dirt guys travel from Goliad to Edna to STS and to these tracks from San Antonio and the Valley all year long. Is it that CCS is too tough? CCS ,CTS and SAS need to know why the cars are not coming so they know what they can do to make it better next season , just fold up the tent or convert to dirt.These guys at all three tracks work so hard with few exceptions not getting return.Thank you to the drivers that did show last night.You are the people that get it.There are only 4 asphalt short tracks left and only one is getting consistant counts.Asphalt racers don't have many choices and it looks like that may be down to 3 next season.If you are not planning to support the other two let them know soon so they can stop wasting their time and money.Thank you to all involved at CCS for working so hard.

Well maybe now is the time to ask this.What is up asphalt drivers?Is asphalt racing dead or dying in Texas? Tracks put up a good purse and experience and car counts are low.And before someone says travel expense the dirt guys travel from Goliad to Edna to STS and to these tracks from San Antonio and the Valley all year long. Is it that CCS is too tough? CCS ,CTS and SAS need to know why the cars are not coming so they know what they can do to make it better next season , just fold up the tent or convert to dirt.These guys at all three tracks work so hard with few exceptions not getting return.Thank you to the drivers that did show last night.You are the people that get it.There are only 4 asphalt short tracks left and only one is getting consistant counts.Asphalt racers don't have many choices and it looks like that may be down to 3 next season.If you are not planning to support the other two let them know soon so they can stop wasting their time and money.Thank you to all involved at CCS for working so hard.

agreed and with that said ccs cts and sas rules are closer than they ever have been before there's some differences between them and hopefully that can be ironed out soon which allows drivers and teams to travel I would like to knw y more cars aren't showing up and what needs to change to get you to show up im sure everyone is open to suggestions on this

last time out, CCS had the Pro Latemodels, only 5 showed, even though over 20 said they were coming.

....this time around they had 3 trucks, and 6 pro mods.

yet the CCS drivers have been going out and supporting the other tracks on there big events.

Next out of town race i guarantee their will be double digit car counts in all classes.

Like Arob said, whats the deal with these asphalt drivers boycotting CCS? is it the purse? are they really scared of a 1/4 mile track? (this is the best asphalt track in Texas, even Brandon Bendele said that last night) maybe some of them can respond.

Will CCS continue and try to get these guys to come race down here?

personally im not going to anymore out of town events this year. ill find something else to do.

Even though I don't frequent these tracks often I just hate to see all the hard work these promoters put in and not get the return.It will be interesting to see if CTS gets good counts next race since the only time they have was when the Randy Rogers Band was there and they had to giveaway stuff to the streets.I have noticed every track in South Texas is struggling with Street/Super Stocks , even Houston.

Not my fight but food for thought Donnie Yocum was probably the most successful track owner ever at cc speedway and he focused on the local classes, maybe these type races should be on the schedule from day 1 instead of thrown on with a few weeks notice, maybe without true touring series organization like, TAMS, Romco, TIDA, TPS these type of races will never be successful, just food for thought.

Very good point about trying "special" races without a touring series.The upside to CCS is they did bring in a considerable increase in fans in the stands.If the locals could get 12-15 cars a class it is true you don't need the expense and headache of putting on these events.Can't blame the guys for trying and I'm sure they are learning a lot as they go.They have nothing to lose really given the normally low car counts.

Cory, if you look at the rules on the CTS website you will see that they have opened them up to allow Streets / Supers from CTS, SAS & CCS to race together. There are 3 engine rules and numerous weight breaks and penalties. Since I have no sponsors and do all my own work it depends on how much extra money I have after I take care of my family and bills. If I won the lottery or something close I would be hauling to all 4 asphalt tracks every chance I could. I've raced at all of them and they are all a lot of fun.

Edited by fast18

I have noticed every track in South Texas is struggling with Street/Super Stocks , even Houston.

Im sure someone will take this as a complaint, but let me say now that it is simply an observation.

It is kind of difficult for racers from CCS to frequent CTS or SAS, or drivers from HMP to frequent CTS, CCS, or SAS or any variation you want when the cars vary due to track specific rules. I am only speaking of the "street", "hobby" or "super" stock type classes. After walking thru the pits at CCS this weekend it apparent the rules are different. I am fairly sure these guys, no matter the track, run on a less then phenomenal budget so making the changes required are not high on the priority list.

Face it, many of the people in these classes are the local people who barely scrape up enough to bring a whole car to the track, much less haul it 75 - 150 miles away. As a racer myself, I cant see traveling that far just to make someone elses car count go up knowing Im bringing a spork to a gun fight. Id like to have a shot at a win just like anyone.

All this is just my observation, and to acknowledge arob's point, all tracks are having issues. Its just the situation we have been dealt with the decisions made in the past.

I find it hard to blame the rule differences between the tracks that would keep racers from coming in the supers.. when there's only three which are non stock fire wall-motor options and wheel base 108 +or- 1inch everything else is the same..our drivers have traveled to both tracks and done quite well...also not only did our drivers go to these tracks some of our fans went aswell...yes there's differences but im sure if ppl came forward and with actual reasons y their not coming in stead of these excuses...

Edited by internetcaptive2

It would be great if CCS, CTS, and SAS could get on the same rule package and become sister tracks for next year. CTS and SAS seem to have that going on now. It would be in CC Speedway Managements best interest to try to jump in with them. But that's just my humble opinion.

It would be great if CCS, CTS, and SAS could get on the same rule package and become sister tracks for next year. CTS and SAS seem to have that going on now. It would be in CC Speedway Managements best interest to try to jump in with them. But that's just my humble opinion.

and again I agree Cody hopefully we can get these rules ironed out it going to take some give and take and I hope ccs management and drivers understand that

I THINK THAT TEXAS SHOULD HAVE A SET OF RULES FOR EVERYONE. HERE IS THE RULES WHEN YOU OPEN A TRACK PICK THE CLASSES YOU WANT TO RUN AND HERE IS THE RULES. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE SET OF RULES 10 YEARS AGO AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED. ALLOWING CARS WITH DIFFERENT RULES RACE TOGETHER DOES NOT MAKE IT EQUAL ONLY DETERMINES WHICH RULE PACKAGE IS THE BEST. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. PAVEMENT RACING COSTS MORE FOR TIRES AND YOUR RACE DAYS ARE A LOT LONGER. AGAIN JMO. TRAVELING IS EXPENSIVE.

BOBBY JACK

You would think at some point that would happen!!!!!