Check out www.centexspeedway.com and go to rules on the bottom. Starting to see some there.

HMP has almost 50 trucks registered, several of which call the central texas area home, yet CTS decides to publish a set of rules different from what that track uses. Can someone explain that one to me? Doesn't seem like a very good plan to draw trucks from an already established track and class.

There's this thing on a computer call "cut and paste." Should have used it in this instance.

If you were to look at the Five Flags truck rules you will see that they are familiar with "Cut and Paste".

I've read those rules Gerald. Just wondering why they would rather copy rules from a track that is 10 hours away as opposed to one that is 3 hours away. Do they really expect to draw trucks from Five Flags?

Hope it works out for them. I was just hoping to be able to run a legal truck close to home every once in a while.

Hear we go AGAIN! Why does every track want the whole pie? A few years back Nick had a great idea to bring all the tracks together with a common set of rules which would be good for everyone and the tracks didnt want to play that way. I really wish Nick would bring this up again to the very few tracks (Asphalt) we still have. Asphalt racing will never grow again unless ALL involved learn to play nice and together. HMP has done their home work and has invested a lot of time and money to make their program work. Its not perfect but it works. So why not go with their plan? I dont know how to build a race team or manage a race track but I can read and see what works and what doesnt. Wake up people. SAS, CTS and even CCS needs to swallow their pride or what ever and get with HMPs program. Im going back into hibernation again because I cant stand whats going on in racing today any longer. I use to be a paying fan. Not anymore. Not until something local has a show worth going to.

Looks like the CTS and SAS have gotten together on the super rules and maybe even the late models. Great job on not making the TSRS cars obsolete over night and hopefully making that class stronger. Nice to see the 2 tracks working together on those 2 classes.

It seems to me that CTS would at least have the same rules as HMP where the car count is good and they seem to be willing to travel.Good luck CTS . The payout is great but I think the fans are getting screwed by running two days and paying $10 for parking.I see good crowds on Saturday and light crowds on Friday.

Glad to see them matching rules with 6 tracks instead of just one. Two main differences are manual transmissions and sway bars, both of witch needed to be addressed. I do not see why a truck legal for HMP would not be legal at CTS or SAS??

Eddie, it may be an oversight on their part, but the CTS rules require a 6-pin connector for the MSD box and require either an MSD box or a Crane box. HMP rules allow for an HEI with the soft touch and don't require the 6-pin connector. CTS rules specify minimum 11" torque converter. HMP allows the 10". Those are the two things I noticed that might make an HMP truck illegal at CTS.

Glad to see them matching rules with 6 tracks instead of just one. Two main differences are manual transmissions and sway bars, both of witch needed to be addressed. I do not see why a truck legal for HMP would not be legal at CTS or SAS??

Eddie, it may be an oversight on their part, but the CTS rules require a 6-pin connector for the MSD box and require either an MSD box or a Crane box. HMP rules allow for an HEI with the soft touch and don't require the 6-pin connector. CTS rules specify minimum 11" torque converter. HMP allows the 10". Those are the two things I noticed that might make an HMP truck illegal at CTS.

I would be surprised when all is said and done, if the rules for all 3 tracks(CTS, HMP, and SAS) are not compatible.

Whoever is in charge of rules for CTS is probably not that familiar with rules for all the tracks. I can't think of a reason

why they would want them different.

Eddie, look at it this way....Pensacola just recently added a truck class I believe. If they realistically thought that racers would drive from HMP, the track with the strongest truck program in the country, they would have copied HMP's rules. They believed, and correctly I think, that this wasn't going to happen, so they wrote the rules the way they wanted to - for the trucks already racing in their area.

Just my opinion, but if CTS and SAS want to actually attract the trucks already in this area, it would make much more sense to match the rules for those trucks, not these 6 other tracks across the country. Are trucks really going to come to Texas from those 6 tracks? If the answer is no, then it appears that this is an attempt to create 2 different breeds of trucks within Texas, and that is not healthy for the trucks or for any of the tracks.

My opinion respectfully spoken.

I can appreciate the MSD and crane ignitions, it doesn't cost a whole lot of money to cheat an ignition box and I'd rather them be unplugged and checked.. I'd almost bet that the soft touch could be wired to be tested. As far as the converter goes, the rules in Pensacola and Houston are for a 10" converter so I'd bet they would reconsider that.

We broke 3 transmissions last year, so I'm happy to say one of my tucks is done with all that for now. I fought to find 11" converters last year, found two..... Now they are obsolete and I have to purchase a 10" one to be competive.

Hear we go AGAIN! Why does every track want the whole pie? A few years back Nick had a great idea to bring all the tracks together with a common set of rules which would be good for everyone and the tracks didnt want to play that way. I really wish Nick would bring this up again to the very few tracks (Asphalt) we still have. Asphalt racing will never grow again unless ALL involved learn to play nice and together. HMP has done their home work and has invested a lot of time and money to make their program work. Its not perfect but it works. So why not go with their plan? I dont know how to build a race team or manage a race track but I can read and see what works and what doesnt. Wake up people. SAS, CTS and even CCS needs to swallow their pride or what ever and get with HMPs program. Im going back into hibernation again because I cant stand whats going on in racing today any longer. I use to be a paying fan. Not anymore. Not until something local has a show worth going to.

I AM WITH YOU HERE .. THE DAYS ARE GONE WHEN A TRACK COULD MAKE A SET OF RULES TO KEEP THEIR CARS AT HOME .THE ONES THAT DO NOT WANT TO WORK WITH OTHER TRACKS .HAVE PROBLEMS WITH CAR COUNT IN TODAYS RACING ...THOSE DAYS ARE GONE .THE DIRT TRACKS FIGURED THAT OUT YEARS AGO AND LOOK AT THE CAR COUNTS ,,PAVED CAN NOT COMPETE.. THE PRIDE PART HAS TO GO AWAY AND MOVE hard head TO THE BACK BURNER . IF A TRACK WANTS TO MAKE IT THEY NEED TO WORK WITH OTHER TRACKS ..I LOVE TO SEE 150CARS SHOW UP AT A TRACK WITH OUT HAVING TO SPEND MONEY TO MEET A CERTAIN RULE OR RULES ......... I MAY ADD IMPOSSIBLE PIPE DREAM I KNOW ..

It was one track that had the my way on rules a few

years back, yes they have their act together now, it

would be even better if even more than the 4 tracks

could get together like IMCA and no NASCAR has not

unified their tracks like that. Think how a end of the

year show with a good purse could be if all asphalt tracks

between here and Pensicola had the same rules and tires.

Chase, With 750 to win I have to disagree. when the trucks(all 10 or so) that showed up to race(at Thr) were hardly ever Houston based trucks. Its the 10-12 Austin area based trucks that make hmps truck count great, And if you want to race a truck Hmp is the place(for now)I remember racing hmp w/ only 10 trucks or so and look now,but If Cts, Sas get on the same rules then why travel so far to race when the pay is the same, but travel expense is down and it would be about 12 races PERFECT amount for a season at 2 different tracks.Hmp or Cts have done no great justice to the truck series as far as the rules are concerned. It is no longer a drivers talent series, but a who can buy the latest greatest rebuilt crate or suspension, 125$ shocks, hundreds in lead, aftermarket chassis,now no ride height rule because no one could comply. Next thing you know the last place truck will get a trophy just as big as the winners.JMO

• 3 weeks later...

In the late model rules, all other engines add 250 pounds. Ive never seen a "super latemodel" have to weigh 3000 pounds before. Im sure there is a reason for this. Not sure i understand since lead effects handling not straightaway speed. Its a step in the right direction to allow the SLM's that are still garage kept collecting dust but that rule doesnt make much sense. A crate car and a super are basicaly the same car with different engines. So one has more horsepower (in theory) so your gonna penalize the handling?? Maybe a carb or restrictor plate rule would be a better penalty. Limit the HP for big HP motors.

Just an observation

Archived