LET`S HEAR IT TIM SELF WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THR?

fastmontgomery15

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming huh JUST REMEMBER THE FIRST THREE DONT MAKE ONE OF YOURSELF!!!

Also when you throw rocks it hurts the track everybody knows that you might want to go race there again. I really dont care what happens I myself race on dirt theres alot of talk where i race at i dont care if theres only three cars there to race i know where im going I know one thing if theres only three i know im going to get a third place thropy if they can afford it!!! Relax guys its gonna be alright.

Cotton Bowl speedway is my plans everyone knows me knows I've been a dirt racer for a long long time now there is a track close to hm.There first race there was 4500 people in the stands and over a 100 cars in the pits fun racing.I hope for all my friends that asphalt race that you have more than one track to race at and have something that you can go sell sponsors.One thing for sure is that asphalt racing in central Texas will never be the same.

Central Texas deserves a 1st-class asphalt short track racing venue and as far as I can tell, Mr. Self doesn't do anything unless he's pretty confident that it will turn out to be 1st class. One only has to look at his investment in Austin's racing program and check out his business ventures to figure that out.

Unfortunately, a few have chosen to ignore my request that we refrain from using the LSSZ forums to voice threats to race somewhere else, sell the car and/or declare asphalt racing in Central Texas dead unless Mr. Self tells us what we want to hear.

Although I have not had to use my "delete" key very much lately, it still works.

Nick

Got no dog in this fight....

I don't see people making "other" plans on racing as a threat.....There's parts to order, work to be done and with no response it's difficult for racers to make their decisions....

If someone knows what the REAL poop is, they should share it with the rest of the class......Being secretive about things helps no one....The track or the racers.....

Just my 2 cents, which adjusted for inflation, is worth absolutely nothing.....

Thanks for your input, Reb. We all have opinions. You have yours. I have mine. Others have theirs.

But here's the point. I don't allow STS and CC Speedway to use the forums to announce that they going to start racing at the other track because they are upset with this that or the other. I don't allow folks from I-37 to recruit drivers from THR or STS or TRP or SOS or wherever. I've had to slow down some folks trying to recruit for Cotton Bowl too. And as some of you know very well, I don't allow people from TRP to voice their displeasure with this or that and announce they will be racing at Shady Oaks and I do the same when the shoe is on the other foot. The "recruiting war" between the Corpus tracks was so intense at one point that I couldn't even be off the computer for 10 minutes without someone bashing the other track or trying to prove how bad the other promoter was, etc.

And if you think I'm up someone's ass (you know who you are), I didn't allow a well-known series director (with whom I had a long-term working relationship) take some negative "parting shots" in the forums at a track manager who did not renew their contract.

I have always tried to stop or tone down threads that turn into soap boxes for folks to voice their displeasure with a track, etc, and then announce their intentions to race elsewhere. This is the same thing. Nothing really different. Same principle in play except I probably have bent over too far backwards to give folks a chance to have their say.

Which brings up a good point. Is Nick 100% consistent in moderating all this stuff? Nope. I'm sure I'm not. If fact, I have been told by several people from outside of Texas with no vested interest in THR that I should have taken this thread down from the get-go - that it is painting a negative image in a site that is known to keep things positive. On the other hand, I have been told several times (the latest about 30 minutes ago by someone that I totally respect) that I am up someone's butt because I don't let folks crucify those they disagree with. I know there is no middle ground that will satisfy everyone. I just do the best I can and let the chips fall where they may. This time Reb isn't happy. Maybe this time nobody's happy. Next time someone else will be unhappy. But I can assure you that I'll be the bad guy yet again.

But take heart. I'm so used to being the bad guy around here that it really doesn't matter any more. I'm in it because I feel that in the long run the site is a positive thing for Texas Stock car racing. If anyone thinks I'm in it for the money, they haven't seen the books and aren't aware of the number of supposedly honest folks who have stiffed me over their advertising on here. I mean stiffed. Not paid a penny in spite of their assurances they will pay.

There. Now you know.

Nick

well nick...well said....i hope thr opens back up this coming year...i think it will...if i was to open it i would bring back a class and get rid of a class or two.......SUPER LATE MODELS, MODS AND TRUCK on sat nights.....and run THUNDER STOCKS GRANDS AND LATE MODELS on friday nights.....two nights almost double the money for boths days of racing and only race 5 or 6 races a year so the two days shows wont kill everybody if the race other tracks.....jmo....

This time Reb isn't happy.
:huh:

Nick <_< ......What part of

Got no dog in this fight....
was misunderstood?....lol :lol:

All I'm saying is a simple reply would have gone a long way to head off the whole thread....Even if it was just a track spokesperson saying...."We are aware of the need for information regarding the classes, rules, etc., for the upcoming 2013 season. As soon as ALL plans are finalized they will be posted publicly. Thank you for your patience.".....

Maybe I'm oversimplifying?.....lol B)

Yes, Reb. You are 100% correct. A track spokesperson has not responded in the Lone Star Speedzone forums to requests for more specific information about plans for 2013. And yes, several of our members have expressed themselves on here that they would like to know Mr. Self's plans for the raceway. Can we agree on that?

At this point, however, it would appear that the best source of information regarding the track would be from the people who own the rights to operate the facility.

Nick

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

No.Now sit back and hush up and I will let you know when we are there.

If you keep bugging me I will turn around and go home.

Maybe cooling it would help keep Mr. Self from changing his mind about having a race season?

For all we know he is in the same panic mode as the racers seem to be,knowing the clock is ticking.

Either way,continuing to apply pressure on him at this point doesn't seem very positive.

good idea get a truck or a modified that way you can go run at any track in texas and you dont have to wait for rules to come out. Thanks hopefully this thread will be put to bed so we dont have to read about this anymore

• 2 weeks later...

SO THEY WILL NOT BE RUNNING THUNDER STOCKS AT CENTRAL TEXAS SPEEDWAY SO ALL OF YOU GUYS AND GALS THAT HAVE THUNDER STOCK OR WHO WAS BUILDING ONE FOR THIS YEAR. BRING THEM OUT TO SAN ANTONIO SPEEDWAY AND RUN THEM IN THE CHARGER CLASS. I WILL BE WORKING ON GETTING A MAJOR SPONSORS FOR THIS CLASS AND I WILL BE WORKING ON MAKING IT ONE OF THE LARGEST CLASSES THERE. AS OF RIGHT NOW I HAVE 12 CARS THAT ARE COMMITTED TO THIS CLASS ALREADY I WILL BE POSTING THE DRIVERS THAT WANT TO RACE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS IT SHOULD BE A FAST AND FUN CLASS TO RUN. JUST AND I KNOW THERE WILL MANY MORE. JUST NEED TO WAIT TILL ALL THE RULES COME OUT FOR THE CLASS. TATOR BY THE WAY WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU AS OUR SPONSOR THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US AT OCTFAST YOUR ONE GREAT GUY! :ph34r:

Archived