LET`S HEAR IT TIM SELF WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THR?

fastmontgomery15

I have said it before and I will say it again. Everything I have heard from those who should know is that there will be stock car racing at Kyle in 2013.

I know it's tons of fun to start rumors on here and even more fun to try to pressure decision makers into making announcements before the ducks are in a row, but wild speculation can do none of us any good.

Mr. Self has informed many that he is making plans to run stock cars at the former THR in 2013.

Nick

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SO I GUESS THAT MEANS WE HAVE ANOTHER MONTH ALEAST TO WEIGHT. THANKS FOR YOUR INFO HOPE MY ENGINE BUILDER CAN GET MY MOTOR DONE IN TIME ALONG WITH EVER ONE ELSE THEY MAY BE WAITING TO SEE IF THEIR EVEN GOING TO HAVE CLASS THERE. :ph34r:

We all understand that you want answers and no one blames you for wanting those answers. However, to keep asking the same question and making the same point repeatedly on here seems a bit counter-productive.

Mr. Self has told those who have contacted him - including my close associate Duke O'Connor - that he does plan to hold stock car racing events at the Kyle track in 2013. While this information does little to answer your specific questions at this time, Mr. Self is not likely to make any public announcements until he has a business plan and staffing firmly in place.

Nick

If it has been said that racing will continue at thr and that doesn't satisfy you enough, then you must be worried that your particular class may not be...if I were in your shoes I wouldn't just be on lssz asking, I would be trying to find a title sponsor for my division to make it a no brainer. Not saying you haven't already tried just throwing it out there

I had a chance to speak with Mr. Self a few days ago and he is planning to run a limited schedule in 2013. No details that can be published at this point, but it's encouraging to know that plans are in motion.

Nick

Many of us are wanting information and wanting it now.

However, Mr. Self has informed several folks - me included - that he is working on a business model for the race production team that fits with his existing model for the entertainment center. Keep in mind that he was not planning to take over the racing operation until after the contract negotiations with Ms. Naumann fell through. At that point it was starting from scratch.

He has also said that when he's ready, he - or whoever he selects as the GM - will be making an announcement about the plans for 2013.

In the meantime, applying public pressure seems to be counter-productive at best.

Nick

Archived