Brad Keslowski

racer61

Budman, read my post again. I said " Now I dont agree with where he did it ".. If he meant to do something like this, then be more mindfull of the innocent fans. Yes, someone could have gotten hurt. And yes, cars go into stands all the time at tracks all over the world. Hell fans get hit quite a bit by a car or something coming off of them. Rally cars are a big one. The fans are in the way to begin with, and they get hit and sometimes killed. But has the sport gone away? Nope. The fans know what could happen and if they dont they are idoits. Nothing is really truely safe. And probably 90% of fans watching any form of racing is watching for the wrecks. The big one. Thats what most want to see. If cars arent torn up then it was a boring race. Thats the way most people are. I myself watch the short tracks for the fun of the race and all the action. I watch the big tracks for the wrecks " when I watch them ". The big track races are really boring without any wrecks.

And it's not really redneck or idiot menatlity. It's human nature. People just need to be honest with themselves and others. Quit sugar coating something to look good or make yourself feel better. Just say what you think. The world has enough politicians and preachers. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Carl thought Brad was gonna flip, he was one guy who was sick of the way Brad races everyone. Nascar I'm sure is thankful no one was hurt (except Brads feelings), but this is what they need heading into Bristol. You can't let them self police (the drivers) if they can't retaliate when they feel it necessary.

i'm glad no one got hurt...but i agree completely!!!

...'cept....cousin carl?!?!? never knew he had it in him!!!

whoda thunk it???

now i can't wait for bristol!!!

(my favorite track and my "birthday race" every year!)

bring it on!!

:lol:

Sorry LM. I admit I was a bit PO'd at what I saw in that race, and probably took out my frustration after having read your post. Please accept my apology.

These guys are supposed to be professionals. That was a really, really amatuerish and dangerous move on Edwards' part. Hopefully, they will sit down hard on him.

Wrecks? I've seen way more flips, spins and crashes than I ever care to see. This is definitely NOT what I show up at THR for every Saturday night. I go to see good clean thrilling racing. I get really frustrated at seeing a 50 lap feature run five laps at a time between yellows.

. Just say what you think. The world has enough politicians and preachers. :)

saying what you think and acting out on it are 2 different things,,ecspecially at a 190 mph.

he's a pretty big dude, why not handle it in the pits afterwards. it might have bought him less fines and time than this stupid a-- move did.

ive said this before .you never know where a car is going to finish up .when you punt em ..nascar or short tracks ..i got punted my first night in a car ... ended up on my roof ..the driver that punted me .didint think that would happen ..he was just trying to move me ..... but sometimes a driver gets tired of another driver and forget they or running at high speeds ..... im sure carl will think harder the next time he punts someone ..

looked like he just wanted to dump him. an innocent spin thru the grass and get even in his book. but with this silly wing they run, it seems when those cars get turned around it does something wicked to the air and those cars get airborne quick and slam down just as quick. as far as where he turned him around, i think he saw it as his last chance to be close enough to lay the bumper to him. he tried like hell for a couple laps and almost took himself out trying to do it unsuccessfully. the dog leg was his last chance for revenge. bone head move that got way out of hand. i was pretty glad brad wasnt hurt seeing how the roof was all smashed down from hitting so hard upside down. im sure carl will get a good fine and probation for this, but i doubt he will be parked.

Wasnt there a driver back in the day that used the excuse "I just meant to rattle his cage a little"? Pretty sure he was a pro, and didnt seem to remorseful about it. Yah, it was bristol but if you think a little 1/2 mile track cant put a car in the grandstands, then you need to go to Slinger Wisconsin. I always depends on someones point of view, if its you favorite than they do no wrong, and so on. The fact of the matter is that Nascar will not police the rough driving because it gets attention when there is a fued, just as Nick pointed out. So other than the size of the track and speed, what is the differance between this and local racing? Drivers take the policing into there own hands like nascar? Kinda like the last HMP race. Its give and take, even in short track racin. What Carl did was wrong, and now he will be punished. What Brad has done before, he has got away with till now. He is a very abrasive driver, and has alot of desire to win, but at any cost. Not a good idea. Respect on the race track is going the way of the do-do bird, rapidly. Its not something that is taught to new drivers. Just go to the front at any cost. Win, Win, Win! More cars are being torn up locally than in the past, more and more dollars thrown into repairs and end result is less participation. Both Brad and Carl will just pick up a new car out of the shop and continue on. None of us can do that. I hope this gives the local racers a reason to give a little more and maybe local racing can make a turn around and start producing the quality of racing that Nascar is lacking. See ya at the track

I'm guessing this was a little more than NASCAR was looking for.But it will be effective,Look,I'm even risking a post on here because of it.lolThere will be a big press conference sometime in the next two weeks,and NASCAR will clarify it's meaning of "self policing".

After the "shock and awe" is gone,some common sense race fans will realise that,all be it overdone,Carl's actions were exactly what the series was needing.Now,instead of the little chicken s*#t tap and run moves these drivers have been getting away with,the drivers will have to go back to the beat and bang side by side moves in order to pass.

All of us have had our favorite driver dumped at the end of a race by the eventual winner.It was always played off as just an "accident".If your favorite driver tried to settle the score,they were the one to be in trouble with NASCAR.

With Carl's,overdone/bad timed/ill advised actions,maybe we can have two drivers actually beat and bang side by side for the checkered flag more often.Maybe the driver that thinks about a simple bump and run will rethink what just happened?Maybe not but,that is self policing.And that,is what the drivers and fans were all in an uproar about.

If you dumped the Intimidator,you knew it was coming back to you double fold.And he had the memory of an elephant.

p.s. if they would get off of these stupid superspeedways and back to the short tracks this would not be as big an issue.The superspeedway was originally supposed to be a novelty track,not the norm.Nowadays we have about 30 novelty races and just a handful of real races.JMO of course ;)

No problem Budman. Like I said before. I dont agree with where he did it. I do agree that they should be able to take actions on thier own, but there should be some bounderies. I just dont see how they can mandate something like that. You either let them race or go back to what it was. And doing it in the pits wont work either. Then your looking at an assualt charge at the worst. Not likely but it is possible. At least on the track, it's just an incident and wrecks happen. Part of racing. So they really cant say much. They can only talk to you about it being done on purpose and dont let it happen again. If this happened in a corner and it looked like it was just an accident, we wouldnt be talking about it right now. I punted a guy years ago at THR in turn 1 and it took him out of the race. I was getting even for the previous weeks race when he took me out. Looked like a total racing incident. And only one person saw my hands move to the right and turn into him. And he thought it was funny as hell and was proud for me doing it. The person I took out deserved it. He drove everybody rough and took out lots of cars. But we werent going 190 and he wasnt going to end up in the crowd.

For the drivers on here, you know exactly what I am saying here. You have all been there in the same position and wanted to or did do the same thing I did. I'll just be one of the very few to admit it. Colt James sent me into turn one once and nearly off the track. I went as hard as I could to try and get him going into turn 3. And I barely missed him. I looked like Carl today when he missed Brad in the corner. Nearly took myself out. But if I could have caught Colt that night he would have been taken out as well. He wasnt racing me, he tried to run me off the track. So I wanted to return the favor.

For the fans out there. This is racing. And if they tell you different they are lieing. We all have tempers and some let it get the best of them sometimes. I'm normally a pretty calm person, but everyone has buttons " like Carl " and if they get pushed just right, then you will push right back. And thats what Carl did today. He just needed better judgment on doing it.

Peace ;)

Let them race? Hell Yes! Race like an idiot at this level? Hell No!!

Keselowski has it coming no doubt and he has a lot to learn. But the earlier incident was more of a racing incident than anything else. To be laps down and bust your ass just to get to a driver and spin him like Edwards did is nothing but BS. This isnt a local short track with limited experience drivers that we are talking about. Bring on the tempers and let them race aggressively, no problem. But you cant allow a car to go into the garage and come back many laps down with their only intent being to take out another driver that they are pissed at, and that is what happened today. I appreciate a driver that drives his heart out and shows his emotion on the track even if it means bumping or spinning someone at some point. Mess with Carl or push his button, and he will get you back, even if it means faking a punch at a teammate like he did to Kenseth a couple of years ago. Made Kenseth flinch and look like a fool on camera that day. Too bad the guy isnt racing with the likes of DE today because he would have a different attitude if he did. I dont like Carl and I dont like Brad. Both crybabies if you ask me but Carl was in the wrong today. Some fans will eat it up but not this one.

LM, these are the best drivers in the sport, not your local level drivers. And they were driving at speeds twice or more than what you are used to driving. Chasing after someone and wrecking them at the speeds you race at are quite different than what happened today. Sorry

I will throw my $.02 in now. What carl did was out of pure stupidity, if he wants to get revenge wait till after the races and bust his a** then. but i feel brad did not do anything wrong in the first place. Now for all you who think the wing is the reason these cars are flipping over are not totally correct. way back when nascar had the spoiler on the other cars they flipped just as easily as these cars now days. but im glad they are getting rid of the wing. so take what i say for what its worthJMO

Jimmy Spencer's take on it on Dave Despain's Windtunnel Extra online show was pretty pathetic...To paraphrase..He applauded Carl Edwards for what he did (Infact he said "I applaud Carl Edwards for what he did.") He also essentially said we needed more drivers using their cars for this kind of thing, and also said the drivers should never fight physically outside of their cars.

I never stated I was going as fast. I know what 180mph feels like. I've done that many times and know how quik everything is coming at you. Racing my dragster. But as you said, these are top level drivers. They do know how fast they are going and what can happen. Just as Carl stated, he didnt mean to flip him, only spin him. And yes, they used to flip, but most of the time it was when the car hit the grass or was tapped by another car during the spin and it got air under the car. The cars now are flipping a lot due to the air getting under that wing. So yes, it needs to go away.

Let'm race.

Shake and bake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nascar should make Carl sit out next race...but has to sit in grandstands with a dunce hat on for the whole race...just my opinion...I think this whole thing is more so fueled by Carl's lack of performance over the last season...can''t stand not being in the limelight and just being an also ran...

Why did he go after Brad. It was his flippin spotters fault and his ego that demanded the red carpet treatment. Brad did nothing wrong to him. Brad was there and the fact he did lift tells you he tried. If anyone needs the woodshed it is Carl. I agree let them race, but not the way they are... Some one will get killed!

Dumping someone cuz you're pissed at them is wrong at ANY level of racing! If NASCAR stayed on guys for moving people out of the way the entire race, you wouldn't see half the retaliations that you see. Brad has rubbed alot of people the wrong way. The kid has alot of talent, but needs to understand that this is his living. If he continues to push people, he's gonna spend alot of time on pit road or behind the wall getting cars fixed with NASCAR's tolerance on aggressive driving. Carl was reacting. He is human. He was wrong. The one thing I can say about Carl is he always seems to own up to his mistakes, while others don't. I do have alot of respect for that. Just my two cents guys, nothing more.

Down over a hundred laps and you dump someone with three to go. Totally classless move. When you see Carl's white driving gloves turn right going in to a turn, that was total BS on his part. They should pull driver's points, owner's points and sit him out a race. With the amount of money the drivers make a "small" fine will not discourage this behavior. I am all for driver rivalry's, but these guy's are supposed to be "professionals" and I completely understand the getting caught up in the moment kinda thing but that move was not good. He may not have anticipated Brad's car getting airborne, but as most drivers know, things happen mighty quick and it could have been fatal. If you can't handle it, get out of the car and find another line of work. I have never been an Edwards fan. He seems to want to come across as a "tough guy & a victim" at the same time. But with yesterday's move he just came across as a jerk. JMO Lenny66 B)

My how we become hipocrates.We gripe at NASCAR for making drivers too polite,then get mad when they go back to their roots.Carl did what any driver with passion would have done although he would not have done it had he known the stupid cars fly going backwards.Just ask Newman.NASCAR should give Carl an award for the publicity,prehaps a date with Danica.I know the feeling of seeing someone finish well after being taken out by a crap driver.The idea was to prevent that driver from being rewarded for a crappy move.I say get rid of all the aero devices altogether and let the chassis man and driver make the race.

Who put Carl in the fence roof first last year????Revenge is sweet.But apparently with this croud only if it is Dale Sr.Jimmy Spencer is right.Did you notice there were no other cars around to get involved??? It was mano a mano,the crappy car is the culprit

ok my 2 cents . for what its worth . but carl had no reason to punt brad . last years dega was his fault , just as this one was . jus glad noboby got hurt over his stupid judgement on the the track, like most pros. prob get some slap on the wrist , but nascar needs to send a message from this one . truely 1 dumb a$$ move :o

Here's what i did:

Go watch this video of the race & turn the sound off.. Watch the bottom of the screen in the entire field shot.

Brad got into the corner hot under Carl & held his line down low, Car was running a swooping line into the corner (late Entry)

so in rights carl was coming down the the track and came into Brads line..

Could Brad have backed out yup... Would he have.. Prob not..

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/highl...scar/index.html

2nd Video:

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_...scar/index.html

you can clearly see Carl turn to the Right, into the LR of the #12.. Here my view was Carl was attempting to spin him to the infield.. If he wanted the wall, he woudl have done RR, also would have collected his car too.

The design of the cars when they get around backwards took control of the Airborne flip.

Here are some recient things you must remember when you look at this:

"NASCAR is a contact sport -- our history is based on banging fenders." Brian France

Mike H. Talking about "rules to allow more personalities and beating and banging."

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/highl...scar/index.html

Sounds like Carl will be the first one to truly test Mike and his view..

Do unto other's as you would want done to you.. Looks like a long year everytime 99 & 12 are close to each other now..

You hit the nail Thumper. This is sad to see. The only thing anyone ever wants is what suits them. You all need to let these guys race and we all can just sit back and try to be fans. The sponsors pay thier bills so let the teams and drivers decide what they will do with a car. If this was Dale Sr " rest in peace" this wouldnt even be an issue. It would be there style and everyone would have been cheering the move and praising him for doing it. Brad would have deserved it.

Archived