Brad Keslowski

racer61

na$ar needs to hit carl e, jack r, the spotter . and the rest of the 99 team with fines , driver , owner , manufacture points. and let them sit out bout 2 weeks to think bout the people that could of been hurt.

one big enough to make him really do a back flip !! ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
na$ar needs to hit carl e, jack r, the spotter . and the rest of the 99 team with fines , driver , owner , manufacture points. and let them sit out bout 2 weeks to think bout the people that could of been hurt.

Why do that.. what did Brad get for the Dega wreck? He could have avoided that situation

Why do that.. what did Brad get for the Dega wreck? He could have avoided that situation

i think there was a big difference there . going for a win . and yes he could have lifted . but why . it was his line . carl e blocked . not 156 laps down . lets look at the facts here

Keselowski held his line in both situations

I agree with Champ

In that first video you can clearly see Carl try to pinch Brad…who’s at fault? Looked like Brad drove down on the yellow (or was driven down)

The second video, without a doubt, shows Carl turning into Brad.

Who knows maybe Carls spotter “was” telling him a car was low. Carl is probably still mad because Brad didn’t take the bait and back out in Dega when Carl drove down on him then.

As the debate rages on, who is really at fault concerning the last race?

That meter is never going to stop.

Let's all take a trip down memory lane a minute.....1979 first televised NA$CAR race....Allison and Yarborough beating each others doors off, then scrapping in the infield......YUP.....TV ratings skyrocketed!!!!!

Now Princess Danica is gone for several months and NA$CAR's rating are tanking....enter Edwards and Kesolowski.....guess what....YUP...... TV rating will jump again.

FYI, the Edwards/Kesolowski feud goes back more than Talledaga.

Here's what I see happening......FWIW.....On the outside NA$CAR will slap a fine on Edwards, put him on probation for....hmmm...6 months....On the inside NA$CAR probably gave him a pat on the back.....and I'll bet many drivers will be sending him a "thank you" card.

Face it racing is a dangerous sports for drivers, teams and fans alike.....Never WANT to see anyone get hurt but $#!^ happens.....intentional or not.

I will agree on the hypocracy of some.....You wanted REAL racing, you got it......and if it had been Earnhardt sr.......It would have been the fault of the guy getting taken out for being in Earnhardt's way.

What's I find really odd is....... I grew up in the Midwest watching his dad and uncle race ASA, ARTGO, etc.......Neither of them was as aggressive as young Brad is.....Not sure where he got that from.

"When the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys. You trade paint one more time, you so much as touch, I'm gonna Black Flag the two of you, and take apart your racecars for three-hundred laps. Then, if you pass inspection and you put your cars back together, I might let you back into the race." lmao thats classic

maybe carl was trying to teach brad how to do his flip ..not a good way to teach someone ..should do it standing on the ground next time .....you know poeple ..those who have raced cars have been there before .you get tired of someone s bs on the track .. and even if its not on purpose .you have had enough and walla .you nail the guy ..i have been there ..and those that never raced a car ..cant understand that part of racen ..

wasnt there when it happened but at bristol, a slow track, didnt ole treey labonte end up on his roof due to some just rattle his cage move by a guy not thinking about the outcome? terry's car could of easily climbed the fence and landed in the 1st 3 rows of spectators. The fence was not nearly what it is today. But old melonhead dale was applauded by millions cus he was a hard nosed racer. Ummm, bet some of you who are trashing Carl applauded dale sr. also when he wrecked someone. Like i said before, its if you like the person as to whether or not they do wrong. Nascar has no rule against mirror driving, blocking, or moving someone to pass. You call them professionals? You have your glasses on backwards. Nascar created this monster, its not the drivers fault for taking care of what nascar wont.

I remember back in the early 80's when a driver came on the scene and drove the same way. That is, the "move or I'll move you" attitude. And not even close to being limited to the 1/2 mile bullrings where the lower speeds make it safer (and where contact is just simply unavoidable). He did these moves on the big tracks as well.

I said it then and many times after that the guy would end up killing someone. NASCAR turned a blind eye because he (being his marketability and his win or wreck driving style) drove the ratings up.

He eventually settled down - but not until after a few years, and long after folks learned that if his car was in the rearview you were in his sights and would fare better by letting him go around you. Because of this he earned the knick name "The Intimidator". He did end up killing someone while rough driving - it was an active block to allow another driver of his choosing the win that caused his fatal crash. The fact that it was he himself that died should not have made that move the act of a hero. I would hope that we all would have a different opinion of Dale's legacy if it had been the other driver that died - looking at the crash it was possible.

The only question I have remaining is why is this driving style forgivable for someone who markets and sells well but not for a driver who is just an average marketable asset? It should not be tolerated at all regardless of car owner, sponser, driver name, age or years in racing.

wasnt there when it happened but at bristol, a slow track, didnt ole treey labonte end up on his roof due to some just rattle his cage move by a guy not thinking about the outcome? terry's car could of easily climbed the fence and landed in the 1st 3 rows of spectators. The fence was not nearly what it is today. But old melonhead dale was applauded by millions cus he was a hard nosed racer. Ummm, bet some of you who are trashing Carl applauded dale sr. also when he wrecked someone. Like i said before, its if you like the person as to whether or not they do wrong. Nascar has no rule against mirror driving, blocking, or moving someone to pass. You call them professionals? You have your glasses on backwards. Nascar created this monster, its not the drivers fault for taking care of what nascar wont.

Sr. NOPE!

Let me add this. The line that keeps ringing in my head is " he doesn't give me an inch" But correct me if I'm wrong #1 They aren't team mates. Brad nor any other driver should just move over to let Red Carpet over, in or ahead. #2 When is the last time you saw Red Carpet give another driver an inch?

I believe the ratings for Atlanta were up and the wreck had nothing to do with it. Wonder if it will increase the viewership in the weeks to come. Bristol is usually a hot ticket anyway. Nascar is getting what they wanted to a certain extent, the aggressive driving is what sometimes makes a story and some fans love that sort of thing.

Getting back on the actual topic, Brad held his line and Carl came down expecting Brad to give him the room. Not sure if Brad lifted as he said he did but you cant just expect it to happen every time. In the replay you clearly see Brad hold his line and Carls car come down. Fault is Carl's and he took out Logano as well with his mistake. He just about admitted as much in his interview right afterwards while looking at the replay for the first time. Backed off of his original opinion but still claimed that Brad just doesnt give me any room as he walked away. Then came back on the track over a 100 laps down to extract his revenge. Fault is Carl's again. Why not wait until the opportunity comes around in a better situation, Like Bristol or Martinsville? Some drivers give you some room and the benefit of the doubt in some situations. There are also plenty that dont give you an inch. They learn what to expect from each other and then apply it on track. Does anyone think Carl would come down like that on someone like Montoya especially early in the race? No, he knows that Montoya isnt going to give him anything and that he will probably be wrecked if he tried it. He made a big mistake and took his frustrations of being embarrassed out on someone else. If all else fails he can also beat him up off track and that wouldnt surprise me either if something else happens between the two. And you can bet your life that if these two come down to the end of a race with a win on the line, either one of them will spin the other to win. And does anyone here believe that Carl is going to start giving people more room like he expected Brad to do? It isnt going to happen. He has a team and sponsors to race hard for and he will continue to do so, ego and all

You hit the nail Thumper. This is sad to see. The only thing anyone ever wants is what suits them. You all need to let these guys race and we all can just sit back and try to be fans. The sponsors pay thier bills so let the teams and drivers decide what they will do with a car. If this was Dale Sr " rest in peace" this wouldnt even be an issue. It would be there style and everyone would have been cheering the move and praising him for doing it. Brad would have deserved it.

The bottom line is that there are two groups.

Those who love the crashing and rough tumble mentality

Those that don't.

I hate seeing members of the first group with pit passes. Cleaned up after em enough.

WOW!!!! 65 replies and 1610 views on this post. I thought you guys were doing what I do .............I dont watch NAS?AR............Its a waste of time that you could be spending with your family or what ever. If you dont agree with all this BS then turn it off. Problem solved.

NO. The only difference is he got caught. If there was no view of his hands then this would have all been speculation and he wouldnt be in trouble. There are TONS of " accidents " in NASCAR every weekend that are not "accidents". They just didnt get caught. So everyone needs to get over this and move on. It's called racing with a temper and payback is going to be hell.

Archived