THR - Thunder Stock & Super Stock

Mary Ann Naumann

im still trying to figure out why racers want to spend more money on the tires rather than put it somewhere else into the car.... from what i hear from other sources and quoted in Nick's statement... Tires last much longer.. it's a fact tires are cheaper (food for thought 8 good years = the price of 7 F53's) herd from several guys, HALF a season on the left side.... compare to about 4 races max for SS on the 970..... i can understand chase's and carry's pov.... but for someone who's not running 2 classes.... why waste money that doesn't have to be wasted.... i don't get it :huh::huh::huh::huh:

-Shawn

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im still trying to figure out why racers want to spend more money on the tires rather than put it somewhere else into the car.... from what i hear from other sources and quoted in Nick's statement... Tires last much longer.. it's a fact tires are cheaper (food for thought 8 good years = the price of 7 F53's) herd from several guys, HALF a season on the left side.... compare to about 4 races max for SS on the 970..... i can understand chase's and carry's pov.... but for someone who's not running 2 classes.... why waste money that doesn't have to be wasted.... i don't get it :huh::huh::huh::huh:

-Shawn

I don't have a dog in the hunt so I really don't care,but I don't get it either!!!! <_<

terry james-#5 super stock - GOODYEAR

shawn paul lehman-#28 super stock- GOODYEAR

junior medlock (owner of #5) GOODYEAR

we also run two seperate classes, trucks and supers. and like chase said he likes the idea of running F-53 on both.......we love the idea of running GOODYEAR on both.

in the long run it will help keep car counts up in every class. they won't be parked because they can't afford tires , and they don't care for running 12th on four week old tires.

so 3 for GOODYEAR

At about 8 minutes into the video, my right rear tire which had 3 races on it from me, and I got the tire used, became used up!!! It was to the cords when I finished the race. You can see exacly when the tires fall off, in this case, my right rear.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...videoid=9630439

Goodyear is a good choice, I did get 8 races out of my left rear, 6 on my right front. I had to go to a different tire when I broke my left front hub and dragged the tire around the track.

Goodyear #9 (new number coming) Super Stock Chevy Nova Owner Chris Birmingham co/owner Driver Jay Simon

GoodYear #9 Super Stock Chevy Camaro Owner Jay Simon co/owner and Driver Chris Birmingham

Really does not matter but hell catch me if you can.

Thanks,

BGW (better get ya a welder) Simon

Again...is THR making or losing money with Goodyear's?...or making or losing money with Hoosier's? Mary Ann, you do what is best for the track. I for one cannot see racers disagreeing over the price differance if $18 a tire or which tire performs better if it means in 2009 not having a place to race due to the track not making money in 2008!

Let keep this in prospective, how much do times fall off?...how much does the tire cost?...how long does it last? Tires will last a long time sitting in the garage in 2009 without a place to race!!!

Mary Ann, you do what will benifit you bottom line for 2008. Thank you for asking for input from everyone, but in the end you hold the key that unlocks the gate that allows us to race!

JMO, Marc

mark I believe that most people just don't agree with making two lower classes change to a more expensive tire that everyone sayes falls off quicker and doesn't last as long. Alot of people are still asking for the 970 because alot of us already have a ton some of us have new ones ready to mount and unless they are going to buy them back (not that I think they should or would) we can't afford a more expensive tire that wouldn't last as long. That is why most people is asking for the goodyears because everything we have heard and seen sayes that they are more durable tires. but if you really ask everyone they would want to stay on the 970 due to the amount of new, pull offs, and ok tires we have around already. the people that run TRSR and a lower class would benifit from running just one tire more than the ones running only one class. Why has it not been discussed to put the TRSR back on 970? then us lower classes could get pull offs and I have talk to a couple TRSR drivers that would not mind going back to 970s. If the Goodyears really last as long as the truck guys and others say they do then it would be even more cost effective because you can buy one set of goodyears to two or three sets of f53.

Terry Tschoerner #01 Super Stock- Owner: Terry -- Goodyear

Tracy Tschoerner #11 Super Stock- Owner: Terry -- Goodyear

Joey Tschoerner #14 Thunder Stock- Owner: Terry -- Goodyear

Kevin Bowen #2 Thunder Stock- Owner: Terry -- Goodyear

Richard Rumley #10 Thunder Stock- Owner: Terry -- Goodyear

I came up with 24 votes for the Goodyear and 4 for the F53.

I know Mr Huff will vote for the Goodyears. He has a Thunderstock which he plans on racing a lot of the races over there. And no, it is not the ROCKET SHIP he brought last year. So add another for the Goodyears. And someone recount, that is Bigfat counting, you know it can't be right.

Even if you take out some of the double votes, the Goodyears are going to win hands down.

Now if TSRS could just follow suit! :D

I want more laps in a race to use up the tires. Ron Sprayue #42 TSRS just my 2 cents.

If you don't get more laps maybe you could use them for practice at the next race.

when this hole tire thing came about i was a lil on the mad side. becuase I do not have the exrta money to buy tires this year I have a bunnch 0f 970 to last me the season. And then when the change came about to run the f-53s that did not make sense to me. it did not make the rueles in closer to any track. so uf we do change tires. from the 970. lets go to the good year. jus my $.02

With the reality of 2008 being a "Make or Break" year for Thunderhill Raceway, the worst possible

choice would be to change the Tire rule that could possibly lead to a decline in car count.

We all understand that racing costs money .....but most of us race in SuperStock or Thunderstock class

because we are on limited budgets. So if we must change to another tire besides the 970's , then

it needs to be a tire that is affordable ..... and a more durable tire than the F53's.

GOODYEAR - Doug Ayers Owner/Driver Super Stock #02

Archived