TPS Entry List-July 14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ramey 60 .. hope what you have recieved does not keep you from asking question ..your questions and imput always important nomatter the attitudes .... so i want you to become and stay a tps fan .. pss .we have the number 7 car .so if you see we are there give us a holler ... ..ill go steel some of lalo's bbq for you ..lol. ..kinda seems like we are always giveing racen fans a hard time ..

G.B. - In the event that TPS Time Trials are not held or completed, the standard practice in TPS has always been, the Feature Race starting grid is set by TPS points prior to race date. In other words, points take the place of time trial laps. If an inversion draw was specified in the Race Bulletin, the draw still takes place among the applicable number of point holders.

Have you got a suggestion to improve this what happens if no time trials policy?

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

YOU TAKE A CHANCE EVERY TIME YOU GO RACE .GB ..WE WENT TO KYLE ..AND DIDNT EVEN MAKE A RUNNING LAP [[DISTRIBUTOR ]], IF THEY HAVE TOGO TO POINTS FOR UNFORSEEN REASON .AND YOUR LEFT OUT IN THE COLD .THEN THEMS THE BRAKE'S .. I DONT RECALL MANY DRIVERS HAVEING TO SET OUT ...

My suggestion would be if there were no chance to qualify for any reason then start every car that was there.No grid limit.The start order is not important but it would be sad not to get a chance at all.This is problay not a big issue but I remember looking at this and decided it was not worth taking a chance.I dont know if others did also.Its just one of those what if things.

Any VW people can tell me a good gear to keep just under 8K?The closest I can figure is a 640 with what I have to work with.Thanks.

G.B. – 6.42 gears will be between 7700 and 7900,

6.80 gears will be 8000 to 8200 depending on the line you run.

I’m running 5.67 third gear and turning 7200, on the outside (second groove)

no wonder why your fast on the top end ..lol we turn that low rpm we may aswell stay home ..8200 to 8400 . ..chiped and 85 and have hit that son of a gun a couple of times ..gotta turn it that much just to carry the 2572 .plus we wiegh ..

Dang OT - "there's your problem".. LOL.. Bill's old Honda was mid pack at best until he retired to to be the "second car" and we put extra tall street tires on it. Once we kept it under 6500 it was top five!! Run it where it wants to run!

Dang OT - "there's your problem".. LOL.. Bill's old Honda was mid pack at best until he retired to to be the "second car" and we put extra tall street tires on it. Once we kept it under 6500 it was top five!! Run it where it wants to run!

hey crew ..you aint pulling that driver around either ..lol he big and tall ..now if our cars can wiegh 17 or 1800 pounds ..i could drop the rpms ..to 6500 or so ..besides it just tears those 2.3 .s up lugging then ..

Budman: I'll try to answer your questions.

"Oldtimer" AKA - Mike McCain, age 51 year, lives and posts from Corpus Christi. He is not a TPS member. Two of the three drivers on the race team he so frequently represents and wrenches for are not Texas Pro Sedans members (although they have been in past years). Mike claims he going to return to the driver's seat, but I don't know when or where.

On his lobbying for reduced weight for the #7 car he represents, you need to know the car is on the top of the TPS weight chart due to large engine, using an after-market head and being a tube frame car. Weight breaks are available to oem frame and oem head equipped cars in TPS.

The #7 Pinto could enjoy a 241 lb weight reduction if its engine cc size was reduced to 2210cc and it used an oem head like several other TPS cars.

btw: #7 won a TPS race once with that weight configuration - therefore - validating TPS weight formula rules.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

I'm just wonderin' when the hell is Oldtimer gonna show up with a car and race!?! :lol:

LOL THEY ARE COMEING,, YOU KNOW HOW OLD POEPLE ARE ..SLOW ..

NEIL NOT LOBBYING ANYTHING .. IF YOU LOOK WE AS IN CREW ARE PICKING ON EACH OTHER ..IF WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR RULES THEN ILL CALL YOU ..

Budman Posted Today, 11:18 AM

I'm just wonderin' when the hell is Oldtimer gonna show up with a car and race!?!

Hey Oldtimer is working as fast as his one hand will let him, meanwhile his other hand is on the keyboard.

He is multitasking. :lol:

Budman Posted Today, 11:18 AM

I'm just wonderin' when the hell is Oldtimer gonna show up with a car and race!?!

Hey Oldtimer is working as fast as his one hand will let him, meanwhile his other hand is on the keyboard.

He is multitasking. :lol:

THATS IT THATS IT .FINALY SOMEONE FIGURED IT OUT.. WELL HECK THE GIG IS UP /.. SOMEONE THROW IN A FEW HUNDREDS BUCKS AND MAYBE I CAN FINISH THIS CAR ..

As a novice to the 4 cylinder TPS cars, what could I do to obtain this 2210cc to any given CAR OF MY CHOICE to enjoy this 241lb weight reduction that you so enticeling stress. Any information or advice that you or Nick have given personally or verbally on "this forum" would be greatly appreciated. Please understand that any of my remarks were'nt to be conveyed as negative.

Ariel66,

I'm sure anyone running a 2210 cc engine would be more than happy to share how to obtain this particular engine configuration.

However, the 2300 Fords, when properly set up, are proven winners. Remember, when you reduce the engine size, you also reduce the power it is capable of producing. So going to a smaller engine may, or may not, pay off for your particular chassis. Also keep in mind that once you reduce the weight by that much, you also have to re-balance the car and find creative ways to obtain the left side weight percentage allowed for the chassis/engine combination you are running.

Remember too that the Ja Lane Ford was masterminded by some of the most successful stock car folks in South Texas. Ja's dad, Pat Lane, has won more races than he can probably count. And former SAS champion Mike Balzer needs no introduction. It was no surprise to anyone that a car engineered with that much suspension knowledge would be fast right out of the box.

The TPS "weight-to-cubic centimeter" ratio rule has been proven over the years to be a very successful method to keep the various makes (talk about diversity!) relatively equal in competition. My suggestion would be to maximize the handling potential for the particular engine configuration you currently run.

Let me just finish with this comment. The first person that finds a way to get an air-cooled VW to really handle is going to dominate the TPS series. A 15% weight break and unlimited carburation are major advantages.

Nick

IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE US $6000 FOR OUR NEW FRESH HASNT BEEN STARTED MOTOR THATS GOING INTO THE 7 CAR NEXT WEEK ..WE WILL BUILD A 2210CC ..KINDA STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND HARD GROUND ..WITH THIS MOTOR ..SEEING WE CANT AFFORD TO CHUNK THAT AWAY ,AND START ANEW ..NORE IT ISNT WORTH DOING SO ..NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THIS SORT OF RACEN WE DO TO GO THAT ROULT .....NOW NEIL SEEING YOU WANTED TO THROW YOUR TWO CENTS IN ON THIS ..TO LET YOU KNOW FIRST OFF .CREW AND I ARE BS.EN EACH OTHER . I DONT SEE WHERE I HAVE LOBBIED TO LOWER OUR WIEGHT AT THIS TIME .. THAT WAS NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOULT ..WE WILL RUN IT AS USUAL .. .. PROVIDEING THIS CAR IS WELCOME TO RACE TPS ..HERE IS A STORY FROM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO .. WE ASKED YOU WHAT WIEGHT BREAK WE WOULD RECIEVE IF WE WENT TO A 2030 . FOR AT THE TIME WE NEEDED TO BUILD A NEW MOTOR AND FIGGURE GOING TO SPEND THE MONEY MAY ASWELL CHUNK THE HEAD TAKE A LOSS AND PUT THAT LITTLE MOTOR TOGETHER ..SO WE ASK AND YOUR RESPONCE WAS A GOOD ONE.. EXCEPT ON THE FACT OF LEFT SIDE WIEGHT ..IT WAS SAID TO YOU OUR CAR WILL WIEGH AT THE CORRECT WIEGHT FOR A 2030 EXCEPT WE WOULD WIEGH 54 PERCENT LEFTSIDE IN THAT NEW MOTOR CONFIGURATION . AND YOU WOULD NOT LET US RUN THAT LEFT SIDE WIEGHT .FOR AT THAT TIME WE COULD ONLY HAVE 53 ... SO WE DECIDED .EITHER WE COULD SPEND THE MONEY TO REPLACE ALL OUR SPRINGS RESET THE CAR WITH A NEW SET UP .OR ADD 70 LBS MORE TO THE RIGHT SIDE TO KEEP THE CAR AT 53 .THE 70 LBS ADDED WOULD MEAN WE WASTED OUR MONEY ON A MOTOR THAT WOULD NOT HELP US MUCH .SO THEREFORE WE STAYED WITH WHAT WE HAD .AT THAT TIME IT WAS CHEAPER ..AND LESS PAINFULL WITH ALL THE OTHER CHANGES WE WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE ..THE NEXT YEAR YOU CHANGED THE RULE THAT LET US GO TO 54 LEFT SIDE TO HELP THE RWD OUT ..SO WE WERE IN A CATCH 22 ..IT WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT THE YEAR BEFORE GREAT ..AND NOW WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT THAT WE WANTED TO GET OUT OF TWO YEARS AGO ..THERFORE WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH WHAT WE HAVE NOW IF WE RACE WITH YOU ..AND NOW YOU SUGGEST WE GO TO A 2210CC TO GET THAT WIEGHT BREAK ..HELL THAT MOTOR WAS.NT THE 2210 EVEN RACEN THEN ..FUNNY HOW THINGS CHANGE FROM YEAR TO YEAR ..THE COST IS WAY TO HIGH ..SO WE HAVE WHAT WE HAVE AND ITS BACK TO SQUARE ONE AGAIN ..IM NOT MAD AT THE WAY THIS WIEGHT AND LEFT SIDE WIEGHT WORKED OUT PERSAY ..YOU AT THE TIME DID NOT KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO CHANGE THE LEFT SIDE RULE THE NEXT SEASON . BAD TIMEING .. THATS RACEN . NOW AS FOR TPS MEMBERS . WE CONSIDER OURSELFS TPS MEMBERS . OUR CAR IS STILL A TPS CAR ..WE .I PAY THAT EXSTRA FIVE DOLLARS TO GET IN AT TPS EVENTS THAT GOES TO TPS .OUR CAR STILL HAS TPS STICKER ON IT .IN WHICH WE CAN TAKE IT OFF ,OFF SEASON IF YOU SO WANT US TOO .OR AT THIS TIME SEE.ING WE HAVENT REGISTERD THIS CAR THIS YEAR ..AND SEE,ING YOU SAID WE ARE NOT TPS MEMBERS THEN LET ME KNOW IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO TELL EVERYONE WHEN ASKED WHERE WE RACE THIS CAR ..IT IS ALWAYS SAID BY JESSIE AND I THAT WE RACE TPS ..BUT THAT CAN CHANGE IT YOU WANT .UP AND UNTILL WE REGISTER THIS CAR WITH YOU WHEN WE DECIDE ITS READY TO RACE .ASLONG AS WE ARE WELCOMED ..YOU ALSO SAID I WRENCH FOR THEASE SAID CARS ..JUST TO LET YOU KNOW .CONTRARY TO BELIEF .I AM PART OWNER OF THAT 7 CAR .AND HAVE BEEN FROM THE START ..AND HOPE THAT CLEARS THAT PART UP ..SO I DONT WANT YOU TO TAKE ANY OF THIS AS A KNOCK ON TPS .I WOULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING IF YOU WERNT SO NICE TO INCLUDE MY BIO WITH YOUR RESPONCE TO SOMETHING THAT WAS BS BETWEEN TWO POEPLE ..IM HAPPY WITH THE RULES .. YOU HAVE TAKEN THE RESTRICTOR OFF FOR KYLE .AND THAT WE ARE HAPPY FOR ...SO YOU .. HAVE A NICE DAY ..PS NICK THIS IS NOT A BASH ..

Oldtimer...(aka Mike McCain): I did not say that the #7 wasn't welcome in TPS. Of course Jesse Sr is welcome. He always has been. Jesse Jr has been a TPS member all season, even though he hasn't made it to a race yet.

Didn't know that you were part owner. I must have missed that point in your hundreds of posts on here.

We understand how you and the #7 crew made your choices to build a small Ford engine, then replaced it a large engine. All I was pointing out was that at most every decision crossroad, #7 handicapped itself by the equipment that it bolted on, ie:

Tube frame - which receives the highest weight formula in TPS (ie: no OEM frame weight break)

Tube frame - which receives the least left side weight in TPS (at 55%).

After-market head - which receives no weight break in TPS.

Large engine cc - which multiplies out times 1.1 lbs per cc to the heaviest weight requirement.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Oldtimer...(aka Mike McCain): I did not say that the #7 wasn't welcome in TPS. Of course Jesse Sr is welcome. He always has been. Jesse Jr has been a TPS member all season, even though he hasn't made it to a race yet.

Didn't know that you were part owner. I must have missed that point in your hundreds of posts on here.

We understand how you and the #7 crew made your choices to build a small Ford engine, then replaced it a large engine. All I was pointing out was that at most every decision crossroad, #7 handicapped itself by the equipment that it bolted on, ie:

Tube frame - which receives the highest weight formula in TPS (ie: no OEM frame weight break)

Tube frame - which receives the least left side weight in TPS (at 55%).

After-market head - which receives no weight break in TPS.

Large engine cc - which multiplies out times 1.1 lbs per cc to the heaviest weight requirement.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

THANK YOU FOR THAT RESPONCE ..THE TIME THE BIG MOTOR WAS ADDED YOUR RULES REQUIRD THAT WE DO SO IN ORDER TO RUN UP FRONT [ BASED ON THE RULES THEN ..]WHICH CAN GO ON AND ON FOREVER WITH EXPLANTION TO EACH OTHER THE MEANING OF THOSE RULES .. NOW .ONCE THAT MOTOR WAS SHOWN TO BE TOO MUCH ,THEN ALL THE HEAVY RESTRICTION WENT IN PLACE ..SO TWO YEARS AGO AS I STATED WE WANTED TO GO TO THE SMALLER MOTOR BUT AS I WROTE IT WAS NOT IN OUR BEST INTEREST TO DO SO AT THE WIEGHT PERCENTAGE THAT WAS IN PLACE THEN ..NOW IT WOULD BE BUT OUR LOBBYING TWO YEARS AGO WITH YOU .DID NOT PROVIDE US WITH ANY OTHER OPTIONS OTHER THEN TO JUST GIVE UP AND SHUT DOWN ..OR RACE WHAT WE HAD ..CATCH 22 .. NOW 99 PERCENT OF TPS CARS ARE TUBE CHASSIS .AND THEY ARE GETTING FASTER ..OVER THE YEARS THE RULES HAVE CHANGE FOR GOOD TO SOME AND NOT GOOD FOR OTHERS ..IT ISNT EASY FOR YOU TO BALANCE IT .I KNOW ..WE ARE NOT RICH AND CANT JUST ADD OR SUBTRACT A MOTOR WHEN YOUR RULES CHANGE IN ITS FAVOR OR AGAINST ... SO BEING AS IT IS IT DOES NO GOOD FOR YOU OR US TO SAY YOU NEED A 2210CC MOTOR ..THIS ISNT NASCAR .NOONE IS RICH ENOUGH TO JUST CHANGE .IM NOT ..SO HERE WE GO LOBBYING FOR LESS WIEGHT .I WHICH HAS NOT BE THE CASE SO FAR .. IVE SAID TO JESSIE WE DONT HAVE TO RUN THE RESTRICTOR ANYMORE .AND THAT MAY HELP ..AND AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE GOING TO GET OFF THE SET UP AND TWEAK IT SOME MORE ..... AND IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT IM PART OWNER BEFFORE ..MAYBE YOU AND OTHERS HAVE MISSED IT ..LOL ..ANYWAY GOT TO GO GET THE 28 CAR DONE FOR THIS WEEKEND ..SO I CAN GET THE 7 CAR DONE NEXT WEEK ..JESSIE WANTED IT TOBE READY FOR YOUR NEXT RACE AT KYLE ..BUT THAT 28 HAD TOBE FINISHED FIRST ..

OT: You wrote, "99 PERCENT OF TPS CARS ARE TUBE CHASSIS".

Your math is incorrect. Below is current count:

OEM frame TPS cars - 32

Tube frame TPS cars - 13

#7 tube frame non member car - 1

That is long way from being 99% as you stated.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

OK I REFRAME FROM FROM SPEAKING OF TPS TO FANS WHILE WE ARE NOT A MEMBER ..OR PAYING MEMBER ..AND IF WE SHOW UP .THEN YOU WILL HAVE A NEW TPS WINDSHELD STICKER FOR US ..OR SHOULD WE JUST SAVE THE MONEY AND STAY HOME ..YOUR CALL .. AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..THE OTHER LETS SAY TEAM FORDS DONT KNOW DIDDLY .. READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

Archived